The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 6,432
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 out on Monday mate, pre ordered it got some money knocked off. Got the plastic box set with the bat sign on the front. get a glossy booklet with it also. apparently an ultimate edition is coming out some time next year though i am not patient enough.

Damn Nolan, making me buy twice. But I think his amazing films are worth it. ;)

Most movies seem to do it, i have been reluctant to buy Prometheus as apparently a extended version is out next year. Avengers is another film which i did buy, got the tin box version where the extras were not great, though apparently another version of the film is out next year with directors commentary added and alternate beginning, though i think that's already available state side.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    and alternate beginning, though i think that's already available state side.
    It's not all that. The theatrical version is golden.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why do films on DVD/Blu-ray lack so much nowadays? You used to get the bang for you buck when you paid top dollar for sets. My Spiderman 2 DVD is worn out from all the times I have dipped into that comic book masterpiece. Just the extras alone is 10+ hours of bonus content. It's a shame that things have fallen to this level.
    It's all commerce.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    It's all commerce.

I know, that's obvious, I am just saying that fans should be recognized for their help.
  • They want to squeeze every penny out of us and they succeed, well with me most of the time. :-)

i saw the alternate beginning of avengers on youtube did not add much to be honest. Though i do like commentarys.

Bought spiderman trilogy on bluray, until i watched Spiderman 2 from that set never knew there were extended scenes. The extended fight with doc oc is really good. Watched amazing spiderman A couple of days ago, not sure what to make of it.
    I am just saying that fans should be recognized for their help.
    The corporate mentality laughs...
    chrisisall wrote:
    I am just saying that fans should be recognized for their help.
    The corporate mentality laughs...
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thanks for the commentary. Not everyone is conservative.
    Thanks for the commentary. Not everyone is conservative.
    'Conservative' and 'Liberal' are meaningless now- there is merely realism and the rejection or understanding of it.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Thanks for the commentary. Not everyone is conservative.
    'Conservative' and 'Liberal' are meaningless now- there is merely realism and the rejection or understanding of it.

I am trying not to be as cynical. It is Christmastime, and the time of year where I am happiest. Being miserable all the time gets old.
    I am trying not to be as cynical.
    It's a rare time in history now where a realist view is considered either cynical or opportunistic.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I am trying not to be as cynical.
    It's a rare time in history now where a realist view is considered either cynical or opportunistic.
    Not for a huge Humphrey Bogart fan like me. That's probably why I like him so much. I relate to his characters.
  • The grey and Starship troopers both on bluray. Not seen The grey, a few friends rate it highly.
    The grey and Starship troopers both on bluray. Not seen The grey, a few friends rate it highly.

The Grey is a gem. Liam being Liam. Nuff said.
  • The Avengers on Blu-Ray.
  • I just bought Spider-Man, the first film with Tobey Maguire, $5 DVD at Wal-Mart.
    But on tuesday, I'll buy Batman Rise.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I know how big of a Bond fan you are, and for $30, Best Buy is selling a special edition steelbook blu-ray edition of the film, and when you pre-order it online, it sends you an online code to watch a documentary on TDKR on your computer. I haven't gotten around to watching it, but it's still a great offer, and I've always loved good limited edition merch.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I know how big of a Bond fan you are, and for $30, Best Buy is selling a special edition steelbook blu-ray edition of the film, and when you pre-order it online, it sends you an online code to watch a documentary on TDKR on your computer. I haven't gotten around to watching it, but it's still a great offer, and I've always loved good limited edition merch.

Are you talking about The Dark Knight Rises or The Dark Knight Returns? What previous post of yours are you referring to?
  • AliAli
    The Bond 50 BluRay set, which brought me here....
  • just picked up dark knight limited edition trilogy box set on bluray. currently watching dark knight rises looks awesome.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, 'The Dark Knight Rises.'
  • CraterGuns wrote:
    SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION 1939-46 (Blu-ray)
    Got this one myself. It's wonderful!

• Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm holding out until Christmas for this one.

Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm holding out until Christmas for this one.

In terms of the steelbook, I feared they would sell out, so I went ahead and purchased it. Saving it for Christmas for a Nolan trilogy.
    CraterGuns wrote:
    SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION 1939-46 (Blu-ray)
    Got this one myself. It's wonderful!

Is that all the Basil films? I would go for it, but hate the Watson interpretation and Basil can't measure up to either Jeremy Brett or Benedict Cumberbatch.

0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Liam neeson certainly been channeling his grief in his recent roles, the opening reflective seen in The Grey where he is thinking about his wife that was pretty real.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Liam neeson certainly been challenging his grief in his recent roles, the opening reflective seen in The Grey where he is thinking about his wife that was pretty real.
    You know, I'd completely forgotten about The Grey. Would you recommend it?

0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Liam neeson certainly been channeling his grief in his recent roles, the opening reflective seen in The Grey where he is thinking about his wife that was pretty real.

Indeed. Right after Natasha's passing, Liam did more film work than ever before to get it off his mind, and role after role he never let it get him down (and some of his best work has come out of it). I truly respect the man, and the tragedy really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Keep your head high, Liam. We're all rooting for you out there. :)>-
    sorry double post

0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Liam neeson certainly been challenging his grief in his recent roles, the opening reflective seen in The Grey where he is thinking about his wife that was pretty real.
    You know, I'd completely forgotten about The Grey. Would you recommend it?
    not had chance to watch all of it yet been busy with work, though very good so far, made by the director who did narc, The Grey has a similar tone. The Grey has a brutal reality to it at its core.