The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Jack Reacher for 5 dollars can't wait to see it.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Latest buys, Star Wars Complete Saga on Blu-ray, Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Blu-ray.
    bd-
    Star Wars VII
    Bridge of spies
    I know what you did last summer
    Clint Eastwood movie box.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 13,905
    So, what does Jennifer Love Hewitt look like on BR? The original I Know What You Last Summer is one of my favourite 90's horror films. The second one was quite good, but I have not seen the JLH-less third film.
    Jennifer Love Hewitt always looks good, I actually bought this for my youngest daughter she kind of discovered teh Scream movies and loves them, Thinks the original Halloween & the Fog are excellent, and the first Nightmare on Elmstreet the only movie that mattered. Now she found this series and is actually interested in this movie.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    So, what does Jennifer Love Hewitt look like on BR? The original I Know What You Last Summer is one of my favourite 90's horror films. The second one was quite good, but I have not seen the JLH-less third film.

The third one has nothing to do with the series, they just sold the title so they can make a buck and it worked, as I did buy that excuse of a movie, sadly.
    One of the very few films I actually burned after seeing it (meaning throwing it into the dustbin).

I got a double-feature Blu-ray of the two Summer movies by the way. Don't know if that's still available.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 13,905
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Jennifer Love Hewitt always looks good,

That she does.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I actually bought this for my youngest daughter she kind of discovered teh Scream movies and loves them, Thinks the original Halloween & the Fog are excellent, and the first Nightmare on Elmstreet the only movie that mattered. Now she found this series and is actually interested in this movie.

All good choices (especially The Fog. Beyond interoducing the horor genre to a new audience, I never got what was so special about the Scream films. Of the Halloween and A Nightmare On Elm Street films, I prefer Halloween 2 (1981) and Wes Craven's new Nightmare respectively.

The third one has nothing to do with the series, they just sold the title so they can make a buck and it worked, as I did buy that excuse of a movie, sadly.
    One of the very few films I actually burned after seeing it (meaning throwing it into the dustbin).

I got a double-feature Blu-ray of the two Summer movies by the way. Don't know if that's still available.

That's what I thought. I realised only recently, that the 20th anniversary of the first film is next year. There's little chance of it happening, but it would be neat if a proper 3rd film was made to celebrate the anniversary, and with JLH.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I bought the Angela Mao Ying Collection on DVD.... wow, I'm gonna have a field day with THIS! Flicks I haven't seen since the 70's!!! It includes "Stoner", Lazenby's best Hong Kong movie!
    917aGdQUxDL._SL1500_.jpg

Can you list all the films in this collection? Really interested in this.
    I've just bought Stoker (2013), Gravity (2013), Bridge of Spies (2015) and Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) on Blu Ray.
    My Force Awakens Bluray has arrived, despite already having it on digital download I much prefer to still have a hard copy.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @tanaka123, I loved all of those but 'Bridge of Spies,' which I've yet to see. Doesn't look terribly interesting to me.
    I bought the Angela Mao Ying Collection on DVD.... wow, I'm gonna have a field day with THIS! Flicks I haven't seen since the 70's!!! It includes "Stoner", Lazenby's best Hong Kong movie!
    917aGdQUxDL._SL1500_.jpg

WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES (1973)

THE TOURNAMENT (1974)

STONER (1974)

THE HIMALAYAN (1976)

A QUEEN’S RANSOM (1976)

BROKEN OATH (1977)

According to the Amazon listing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @tanaka123, I loved all of those but 'Bridge of Spies,' which I've yet to see. Doesn't look terribly interesting to me.
    You should definitely give that a watch. One of Spielberg's best IMO.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »
    You should definitely give that a watch. One of Spielberg's best IMO.
    I enjoyed it very much as well. It's not an action film though so don't go in expecting that. It's talky but the performances are excellent, especially Mark Rylance. A bit like Catch Me If You Can in pace I think.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,696
    Gerard wrote: »
    917aGdQUxDL._SL1500_.jpg

THE TOURNAMENT (1974)

STONER (1974)

THE HIMALAYAN (1976)

A QUEEN’S RANSOM (1976)

BROKEN OATH (1977)

Broken Oath I'm sure I've never seen... Yuen Woo Ping did the choreography!
    And strangely, the two with Lazenby get the least favourable reviews... Queen's Ransom seems like the dog in this set... 5 out of 6 is great though! This is clearly the ultimate set for Angela fans that don't wanna go broke seeking our every single film of hers... all it doesn't have is Dance Of Death (mostly a comedy anyway with Jackie Chan directing her moves in a goofy movie) to balance out the serious stuff. I can live with that.
    For more info go here: http://www.angelfire.com/az/ying/
    917aGdQUxDL._SL1500_.jpg

THE TOURNAMENT (1974)

STONER (1974)

THE HIMALAYAN (1976)

A QUEEN’S RANSOM (1976)

BROKEN OATH (1977)

Thanks. No Lady Whirlwind? Shame.
    No Hapkido either. Or The Fate of Lee Khan. Or The Invincible Eight. Too bad.
    Bummer! Looked on Amazon and it appears to be Region 1 only anyway. Double bummer!
    'Jackie Brown' and the lovely Pam Grier.

"My ass may be dumb, but I ain't no dumbass."
    FLeiter wrote: »
    'Jackie Brown' and the lovely Pam Grier.

"My ass may be dumb, but I ain't no dumbass."

Terrific movie, I see it as the most underrated in Tarantino's filmography. I'd say it's part of my Top 3 of his films, as well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    De Niro in a Tarantino movie. What more can you want?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Jackie Brown is indeed an unsung classic. Chris Tucker in a small role too.

No Hapkido either. Or The Fate of Lee Khan. Or The Invincible Eight. Too bad.
    Lady Whirlwind would have been nice just for the nostalgia... but yeah It really should have Hapkido. That was good. Still, I think we got a nice spread of her best work in this short collection.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Jackie Brown is indeed an unsung classic. Chris Tucker in a small role too.
    Her last great roll IMHO.
    Jackie Brown is great. Not really being fussed about Tarantino after the Kill Bill films though I have to say.
  • Taken 3
    Bourne trilogy.
    Diamonds Are Forever Blu Ray. Alimentary Dr. Leiter. ;)

"What took you so long?"

"What took you so long?"

I honestly don't know... I really dig the flick, moonbuggy chase & all.
    Bought several classics from Amazon: Gone with the Wind, On the Waterfront, The Philadelphia Story, and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.