The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

I've been cleaning out my old VHS shelves and replacing some of my favorites with DVD's
    I recently bought:
    THE GODFATHER
    GOODFELLAS
    NOTHING IN COMMON
    HOUSESITTER
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I need to get around to picking up 'The Godfather' trilogy on blu-ray soon.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    15 March 2016:
    Soundtrack score: Patrick Doyle - Brave (2012)

22 March 2016:
    Soundtrack score: John Williams ‎– Empire Of The Sun (1987)
    Soundtrack score: Jon Brion ‎– Magnolia (1999)

Yesterday 27 April 2016 aka Kingsday 2016):

DVD: Miami Vice Season 1 Boxset (Seald)
    DVD: Pan's Labyrinth - 2 disc Special Edition
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    STAR WARS-THE FORCE AWAKENS on bluray.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Elektra on Blu Ray.... Jennifer Garner rocks!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Elektra on Blu Ray.... Jennifer Garner rocks!

Oh yes! Underrated gem.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    All on Blu Ray:
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
    In The Heart of the Sea (2015)
    Bridge of Spies (2015)

Next up: 'The Big Short' next week.
    When I bought TFA, I also contemplated buying Bridge of Spies, but the last blind buy, Black Mass, disappointed me. I want to know that it is worthwile. Is it?
    When I bought TFA, I also contemplated buying Bridge of Spies, but the last blind buy, Black Mass, disappointed me. I want to know that it is worthwile. Is it?

Not really. One of the weaker Spielberg movies.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I don't know, I haven't seen it yet. But Hanks + Spielberg can't go wrong, surely.

And 'Black Mass' really tempts me, I hope it's another Brosnan film: you were disappointed, while I'll love it. :D
    Black Mass was a good watch, but not interested to see it again. Decent, but judging from the trailers i thought it would be more than that. I think Depp s performance is what brought out the fantastic reviews.
    Black Mass was a good watch, but not interested to see it again. Decent, but judging from the trailers i thought it would be more than that. I think Depp s performance is what brought out the fantastic reviews.

That was exactly how I felt: promising trailers, Depp appeared to be in top form, but when I saw it, I was impressed with a couple of scenes and the acting mostly. Had some pacing issues and it seemed to be all over the place at times.
    Flash Season 2 BD pre ordered.

Blue Thunder special edition BD

My friend, you are in for a treat there!
    Sunday is penciled in, working all weekend so have to wait to watch it. I caught the cat and mouse chase through the city at a friends, looked fantastic.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883

My friend, you are in for a treat there!
    Agreed. Blue Thunder is a great film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That was exactly how I felt: promising trailers, Depp appeared to be in top form, but when I saw it, I was impressed with a couple of scenes and the acting mostly. Had some pacing issues and it seemed to be all over the place at times.
    Agreed. I will go so far as to say it was a disappointment for me. I expected much more based on the trailers as well.

@Thunderfinger, Bridge of Spies is a very good film. It's a bit talky and slow in parts but the performances are excellent and it's got heart. Just don't expect too much action. I think it's closest in feel to Catch Me If You Can (also a period piece with Hanks/Spielberg).
    Dr Strangelove Special Edition on BD
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    BD: Terms of Endearment (1983)
    Specifications:
    Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. DD 2.0 mono: German, Spanish, French, Italian & Portuguese. Subs: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Japanese, Norsk, Finish & Swedish. Note: Audiocommentary and trailer are not taken over from the dvd.

DVD: Miami Vice Season 2 (digistick)
    Damn! I clicked on the spoiler, no need to see this now. It is ruined.
    CREED Steelbook

This rivals Spectre and McFarland, USA for best movie of 2015.

It's a wonderful tale and even everything surrounding the movie is a fairytale come true.
    Stallone getting the Golden Globe for his brilliant performance and even get an Academy Award nomination is so great.

Creed is one of the very, very few sequels that could be seen as equally good to the original film.
    For me it is.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    A question, been looking for the TV movie pilot of The Saint 2013...

Great line by Sir Rog at end of trailer...

Cant find it on DVD and not Sure its available on any streaming service. Sir Rog and Ian Ogilvy guest star for that reason I want to watch it. Anybody come across it? Thanks

Cant find it on DVD and not Sure its available on any streaming service. Sir Rog and Ian Ogilvy guest star for that reason I want to watch it. Any body come across it? Thanks

This is one of the worst crimes ever commited. This tv movie (pilot) does exist. Fully produced.
    And the network decided to shelf it.
    I only can pray that one day, someone will point out to the responsible idiots what imbeciles they are, and that this movie would sell a ton on DVD or Blu-ray, not to mention all the money they could get by offering it to Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

Eliza Dushku has the female lead! One of my all time favourite tv show stars!

"Officially" this is going to be released this year. But that was said every year since it has been produced.
    That's a real shame, it looks ok and I would buy it.

Cant find it on DVD and not Sure its available on any streaming service. Sir Rog and Ian Ogilvy guest star for that reason I want to watch it. Anybody come across it? Thanks

As a large Saintfan I really want to see it especially with Both Moore & Ogilvy doing a part in the movie.

SaintMark wrote: »

As a large Saintfan I really want to see it especially with Both Moore & Ogilvy doing a part in the movie.

Me too looks like Sir Rog is playing Senior Templar.

edited May 2016 Posts: 17,700
    *Happy* It's the little things in life! I just got my Blu Ray of Superman Returns. I recently watched it on a used DVD from the local Newberry Comic store, and was surprised to find that I liked it a whole lot better than last time I saw it years ago. No, it's still not a great film, but it's so easy to watch thanks to Brandon Routh channeling so Chris Reeve excellently. No snapping necks or thousands of deaths... just the Superman I know & love. The BD looks nice & bright and the colours pop- and that's all I wanted! \m/
    *Happy* It's the little things in life! I just got my Blu Ray of Superman Returns. I recently watched it on a used DVD from the local Newberry Comic store, and was surprised to find that I liked it a whole lot better than last time I saw it years ago. No, it's still not a great film, but it's so easy to watch thanks to Brandon Routh channeling so Chris Reeve excellently. No snapping necks or thousands of deaths... just the Superman I know & love. The BD looks nice & bright and the colours pop- and that's all I wanted! \m/

I still think one of the best scenes is the deleted return to Krypton scene [-( why they deleted that is beyond me.

I still think one of the best scenes is the deleted return to Krypton scene [-( why they deleted that is beyond me.
    I think that they thought it might have given the audience the idea that he was gone for years just to look at ruins laced with Kryptonite for two minutes. Better to leave it to our imagination....
    @BondJasonBond006, I was real surprised by 'Creed,' I enjoyed it very much. That one shot boxing scene that lasts for a few minutes really floored me, too. Very impressive!

I think that they thought it might have given the audience the idea that he was gone for years just to look at ruins laced with Kryptonite for two minutes. Better to leave it to our imagination....

A good sequence, I like seeing kal el in different scenario's. Reminds me of a similar scene in Superman Unbound. I would guess at the time it was one of the most expensive cut scenes.