The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Bought several classics from Amazon: Gone with the Wind, On the Waterfront, The Philadelphia Story, and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

On The Waterfront is one of the best films ever made IMHO.
    "I coulda had class! I coulda been a contendah! I coulda been somebody..."

Marlon Brando truly was one of the greats.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Kiss me deadly on DVD

Untouchables, Remo and Angel Heart on Bluray.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Deja Vu
    A Streetcar Named Desire
    Joy
    Dragon Blade
    Of Love And Shadows
    Rocketeer
    The Man On The Moon
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Jaws Steelbook

Never seen the movie! So this will be exciting!

Also bought 12 4K Blu-rays :-B
    In other words all that have been released!
    Now I'm looking for a 4K Blu-ray player.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Jaws Steelbook

Never seen 'Jaws'?! Well with a new blu-ray steelbook, you better get around to watching it ASAP, then. I take it you already have a 4K TV?
    Jaws one if the greatest films ever made, certainly one of my all time favourites.
    Jaws one if the greatest films ever made, certainly one of my all time favourites.

Same and same. I had an odd obsession with it once I got the blu-ray a few years back, may have watched it a good five to ten times in a month or so.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Jaws Steelbook

Never seen 'Jaws'?! Well with a new blu-ray steelbook, you better get around to watching it ASAP, then. I take it you already have a 4K TV?

Yes a 65" Samsung 3D 4K (OLED I think).
    I'm about to buy a 4K enabled player right now :)
    Just spent 360 CHF (350 USD) for 12 4K Blu-rays.
    #-o
    Definitely the best shark movie ever. Word of advice, though : reinforce your couch before watching it. In the theater, there was on moment where I thought the whole room was going to be sent to the end of the theater. You'll know the scene when you see it.

Oh, and avoid the sequels at all costs. Beulieve me, they're not worth your money, nor your time.
    There is still one moment in Jaws that makes me jump, even though i have watched the film numerous times.
    The submerged severed head.
    That's the skill of a director lulling the audience into a false sense of security.
    Exactly the moment I was talking about. And I jumped too.
    Ok, I've been warned ;)
    Didn't know that the movie is so scary. In fact it's only one of two Spielberg movies I've never seen, Bridge Of Spies not counting, that has yet to be released here.

I think that Jaws Steelbook is the 100th steelbook I bought, a celebration is in order <:-P
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I found Jaws neither scary nor good. Quite boring. The second was even worse.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,677
    @fire_and_ice, never fails to get me, either, and I always get insane chills when:
    The shark is seen casually swimming past in the water, especially in the pond scene when the canoe overturns.

@BondJasonBond006, while you're on a roll with spending insane amounts of money, I'm in the market for a 4K TV!
    @Creasy47 There are moments that just purr in the film, with the well documented issues they had with the mechanical shark they did an incredible job. The shark really is well portrayed as a instrument of death, illustrated in the ominous shot you mentioned.

@BondJasonBond006, while you're on a roll with spending insane amounts of money, I'm in the market for a 4K TV!

Maybe the TV Sets come with a redemption code for a copy as well, if that's the case you'll get that as well, I'll have a look at home! :D
    @fire_and_ice, that it is. A lot of the eerie scenes in the film stem from those blink-and-you;ll-miss-it moments where he's seen casually passing someone in the water, mere feet away.

@BondJasonBond006, wouldn't that be wonderful! :D
    I'm almost afraid now to try out the 4K Blu-ray on my new blu-ray player.
    What if the difference is that big, that I don't want to go back to 1080p anymore? :))
    I'm almost afraid now to try out the 4K Blu-ray on my new blu-ray player.
    What if the difference is that big, that I don't want to go back to 1080p anymore? :))

You say it like it's a bad thing! Send all the equipment my way if you're worried. ;)

If you're into gaming, it looks like both Microsoft and Sony are working on 4K versions of their latest consoles for release by the end of the year, though it's all pure speculation at this point.
    My problem with 4K is shelling out money for other equipment, 1080p I will stick with for a while yet.
    My problem with 4K is shelling out money for other equipment, 1080p I will stick with for a while yet.

Same. It's not just the pricy TV; if you really want to take full advantage of it, then you'll need a 4K Player and 4K movies, which are a good $20-30 a piece lately. I'm sure they'll drop considerably once more are released and more people start getting into the format.
    Agree I have a great deal of HD content digitally downloaded and hundreds of DVD and Bluray, majority of my media devices are 1080p. I would have to spend at least a few grand to bring everything up to 4K at least. Already spent more than that on what I have already. Plus 1080p is pretty good :)

Same. It's not just the pricy TV; if you really want to take full advantage of it, then you'll need a 4K Player and 4K movies, which are a good $20-30 a piece lately. I'm sure they'll drop considerably once more are released and more people start getting into the format.

Yes, the 4K Blu-rays cost 30 CHF each (28 USD). Which is a good 8-10 USD more than normal Blu-ray cost. Thank God only 12 are available :)) I bought them all.
    Just seen that another dozen is announced. Pre-ordering actually saves 5 bucks per title.
    @BondJasonBond006, is that just in your country? I checked out the Blu-Ray site and it shows 25 current 4K titles, with another dozen or so upcoming from different distributors.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php?action=search&search=reviews&videoresolutionid=2683&sortby=relevance
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Picked up Independence day from google movies today only 99p for
    a HD download. :)
    @BondJasonBond006, is that just in your country? I checked out the Blu-Ray site and it shows 25 current 4K titles, with another dozen or so upcoming from different distributors.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php?action=search&search=reviews&videoresolutionid=2683&sortby=relevance

For Switzerland those have been released:
    -Mad Max Fury Road
    -Life Of Pi
    -Martian
    -Maze Runner
    -Maze Runner 2
    -Kingsman
    -San Andreas
    -Hitman47
    -Exodus
    -Lego Movie
    -X-Man Days Of Future Past
    -Pan

I got them all. Announced are:
    -Deadpool
    -Revenant
    -Independence Day (90's movie)
    -Heart Of The Sea

that's all, I guess the German-language region is behind like it usually is :)

of course I'm not going to buy everything now. The 12 above coincidentally all interest me.
    Deadpool and Heart Of The Sea I will get as well :) once they are released.
    Picked up Independence day from google movies today only 99p for
    a HD download. :)

Got it on Bluray, stands up quite well it is a fun movie. 99p that's a bargain will have to have a look on google store, see what else there is.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, I have it on bluray too ( love it, as you say a fun movie)
    but at 99p, it may as well be for nothing. :)
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,677
    'Fury Road' 4K on a 4K player on a massive 4K TV? I'd never leave the house. I'd be locked in a room, lights off, with that movie playing on repeat. Forever.