The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

chrisisall wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »
    Completed my Miyazaki collection by buying "Castle of Cagliostro". Don't know when I'll watch it, though.
    That a really REALLY fun one. Very silly.

I agree.
    Pre ordered Star Wars Force Awakens Limited edition darkside artwork sleave.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Cypher on Bluray, excellent film.

Invaders (1967) TV show box set, stumbled on this by accident. One of my favourite shows as a kid, the atmosphere created in this show was brilliant. Anyone unfamiliar with David Vincent and loves Sci fi should check this out.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Invaders (1967) TV show box set, stumbled on this by accident. One of my favourite shows as a kid, the atmosphere created in this show was brilliant. Anyone unfamiliar with David Vincent and loves Sci fi should check this out.
    I remember that show! I caught it on reruns years ago as a kid. Loved it. I may have to buy it now that I know it's out.
    @bondjames The Invaders: The Believers Box, has every episode made and a great deal of extras according to reviews. Just ordered it from Amazon UK £20 and prime eligible. I almost forgot about the show entirely been twenty years plus since I watched it. I remember the paranoia this show had, captured the imagination. Looking forward to watching it again, I remember little about season 2.

Classic intro to... The Invaders.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @fire_and_ice, thanks for letting me know about the amazon deal. I'll be sure to pick it up. I really enjoyed this show as a kid. I had memories of it when I saw Charlie Sheen's Arrival movie from the 90's.

I loved the score and yes, it drew me in as well. Addictive.
    Like yourself I watched the reruns, the 60s really did have some classic shows. Fire in the Sky also reminded me of The Invaders. The Invaders was a pre curser to the likes of Twin Peaks and The X Files I think.
    The Invaders was a pre curser to the likes of Twin Peaks and The X Files I think.
    That's an excellent point. I never thought about that before, but I think you're right.
    More so X files though then X files borrowed from Twin Peaks. Then The Invaders borrowed from films Like Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Them in tone and atmosphere. Got two weeks off work next week, so ill definitely be binge watching the box set at some point.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Been buying a lot of new blu-rays to add to the collection recently. Prices have dropped on these, so they're good value. Even if some of them I already have on DVD. The picture quality is worth it.

Captain America -The First Avenger
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Social Network
    Cloud Atlas
    The Amazing Spiderman
    Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Benny wrote: »
    Been buying a lot of new blu-rays to add to the collection recently. Prices have dropped on these, so they're good value. Even if some of them I already have on DVD. The picture quality is worth it.

Captain America -The First Avenger
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Social Network
    Cloud Atlas
    The Amazing Spiderman
    Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Good selection, I have all those films on Bluray accept Social Network. Cloud Atlas looks visually stunning in HD.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Got the Bullet In The Head DVD at Wallyworld for $3.75- what a bargain, and it's actually a fine & brutal buddy flick, Walter Hill in top form & Stallone is so impressive given his age!
    BD
    Scream
    Transporter 3
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (it finally came out on blu-ray!)
    The Man From UNCLE (a highly underrated film)
    Bloodsport on BR lost my DVD so I'm glad to have it back.
    Trancers & Trancers II on blu ray, Trancers: City Of Lost Angels (the in between never before released short filmed in 1988) on DVD.
    I am SO psyched!
    Pulp Fiction in Bluray
    Pulp Fiction in Bluray
    Sick f***ing movie, dude.
    I approve!

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Trancers & Trancers II on blu ray, Trancers: City Of Lost Angels (the in between never before released short filmed in 1988) on DVD.
    I am SO psyched!

Love Trancers, great movie.
    Already have Reservoir Dogs and kill Bill volume 1 & 2 on Bluray and they look great. Reservoir Dogs just edges Pulp Fiction for me, though both masterpieces.

Trancers is a Sci Fi gem from the 80s, was not aware it was on bluray... Really going to have to sell some DVDs to make space. Lol
    Yesterday, I bought Classic Doctor Who "New Beginnings" boxset at the local WH Smith. I had promised myself I would not buy anything from the classic series until I had watched "The Hand of Fear", but I couldn't resist. Next buys : "SW : The Force Awakens" next wee, and the second season of "Penny Dreadful the week after that.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @Gerad - have those (Dr Who DVDs) too. Do you listen to Big Finish audios?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pulp Fiction in Bluray
    Tarantino has several classics under his belt now, but I think this is the one he will be remembered for.

No. There are too many of them, I don't have enough space in my flat to collect them all, and absolutely no time to listen to them. It's already difficult to watch one classic adventure per week. Too bad, because I would be interested, but I have other things to do in my life.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »

No. There are too many of them, I don't have enough space in my flat to collect them all, and absolutely no time to listen to them. It's already difficult to watch one classic adventure per week. Too bad, because I would be interested, but I have other things to do in my life.

The audios are highly recommended. But there are a lot of them, if you want to collect the audio dramas for each Doctor, you will need very large coffers.
    Both on Bluray...

50th Anniversary of To Kill a Mocking Bird.

15th Anniversary of Gladiator. 2 for £10 bargain.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The X-Files

Blu-ray Box with all 9 seasons. I have been re-watching the show since a couple of years in High Definition on Netflix. I finished 5 seasons and now I will be able to watch the rest on Blu-ray :)

One of the best TV-Shows ever. I can't wait for Season 10 to appear on Blu-ray.

(I know it's a movie thread :) ) but I'm too excited to shut up about that purchase :))
    BD
    De zaak Alzheimer
    Chinatown
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,696
    I bought the Angela Mao Ying Collection on DVD.... wow, I'm gonna have a field day with THIS! Flicks I haven't seen since the 70's!!! It includes "Stoner", Lazenby's best Hong Kong movie!
    917aGdQUxDL._SL1500_.jpg
    Star Wars : The Force Awakens, of course, in Blu-Ray. Curiously, they're selling a Belgian edition (the sleeve notes are in French and Dutch, that's how I know). Not that it matters, of course, I just find that funny, that's all.