The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• All five seasons of Breaking Bad on Blu-Ray. Never seen it before actually. I'm five episodes into the first season.
    You're in for a treat.

Aaahh if I had the opportunity to watch that for the first time again. Favorite tv show without a doubt.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Multiple choice: only one answer is correct!

a: Glitter
    b: Santa Clause Conquers The Martians
    c: SPECTRE
    d: Showgirls
    e: No Orchids For Miss Blandish
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No Orchids For Miss Blandish sounds like your kind of film.

What is the plot?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,020
    No Orchids For Miss Blandish sounds like your kind of film.

What is the plot?
    John Blandish is worth $100 million. His heiress daughter is soon to be wed to Foster Harvey, who believes she's a cold, unfeeling woman, despite loving her. Her cold emotional state is in large part due to leading a restricted life. A low level thug named Johnny overhears their secret wedding night plans, and peddles the idea of robbing her of the $100,000 worth of diamond jewelry with which she will be adorned to two groups of his gangster acquaintances, who are in competition with each other. The robbery doesn't go quite according to plan, with Miss Blandish ultimately being kidnapped and held under the eye of Slim Grisson, the heir apparent as head of the violent Grisson gang, currently run by Ma Grisson. Kidnapping holds higher risk but possible greater reward as everyone figures they can get at least $1 million for her. Ma has no plans of letting her go, killing her after getting the money. But a surprise move by Slim, who has a secret past with Miss Blandish, turns the tables on the kidnapping and in turn Miss Blandish's emotional state. She ends up falling in love with him, and he with her. They know they can't live in either of their worlds, but even if they can escape together, will there be a future for them together always being on the run from both sides as well as the Grisson's competitors?
    Can you put that in spoiler brackets, for those who haven t seen that Mel Gibson movie? It is ruined for me now. I will just watch the Brosnan remake and hope he gets wasted at the end.
    Can you put that in spoiler brackets, for those who haven t seen that Mel Gibson movie? It is ruined for me now. I will just watch the Brosnan remake and hope he gets wasted at the end.

Your command is my wish.

Your command is my wish.

Now jump off the Reichenbach Falls.
  • Spectre, a movie from my country you know as Retribution and, as a freebie, a D-Day pack from Fox, including The Longest Day (I already have it, will donate to the library where I work), The Blue Max,Patton and A Bridge Too Far.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,446
    02 Feb 2016: Soundtrack CD: Craig Armstrong ‎– The Bone Collector (1999)

On 05 Feb 2016 i get those as gift/lefts overs because of person who own this first passing a way.:
    Miles From Home (1988), Runaway Bride (1999) and first 4 seasons of McLeod's Daughters (2001) on dvd. If you like to see how package of this series look like.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3oRTcW7gCM

8 Feb 2016:

Soundtrack CD: Daft Punk - Tron Legacy (2010)

All on BD:

Runner Runner (2013)
    Blackmail (2013)
    Deception (2008)
    The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)
    Penguins of Madagascar (2014) - 2 disc 3D release with sleeve.
    Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012) - 2 disc 3D release with sleeve.

17 Feb 2016: Bluray of L.A. Confidential (1997)

Today (01 March 2016)i bought my 240th Bluray: Inherent Vice (2014)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Wooden Crosses [Les Croix de Bois] (1932) Masters of Cinema Dual Format-Blu-ray & DVD. A 'forgotten' French film re WW1 by Raymond Bernard who made the best version of Les Miserables (1934) which is also available from Eureka/Masters of Cinema.
    Spectre.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Finally got around to picking up the 'Star Wars' original trilogy blu-ray boxset, and I also have my blu-ray steelbook of 'The Hateful Eight' paid off and ready to ship at the end of the month.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 7,653
    BD
    Now you see me
    Edge of Tomorrow (Tom makes far better SCIFI movies than that Smith fella)
    Odd man out [James Mason, 1947]
    Vampire Diaries season 4 [for the daughters]
    Spectre
    The graduate [dustin hoffman]
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Finally got around to picking up the 'Star Wars' original trilogy blu-ray boxset, and I also have my blu-ray steelbook of 'The Hateful Eight' paid off and ready to ship at the end of the month.

The Hateful Eight out so soon?
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Ghostbusters 1 and 2 on Blu Ray.

I confess right now that I'd never seen the original two before. After watching the trailer for the latest "update" I decided to order the originals.

So far I've seen the first one, which was fun.
    @Thunderfinger, it'll be out on March 29th. Little over a three month turnaround for it.
    I forgot that it premiered earlier in the US.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,020
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD
    Now you see me
    Edge of Tomorrow (Tom makes far better SCIFI movies than that Smith fella)
    Odd man out [James Mason, 1947]
    Vampire Diaries season 4 [for the daughters]
    Spectre
    The graduate [dustin hoffman][/b]

for the daughters....OR SO YOU SAY :))

watch it it's bloody great, literally :))

I purchased the Criterion Collection of The Graduate as well. Have to see it first, then I'll do a review of it in the Criterion thread @Creasy47 (we have to get that thread going again)
    @BondJasonBond006, I was forced through a few seasons of 'The Vampire Diaries' due to an old ex, one of the worst television shows I've ever seen in my life, hands down.

You've yet to see 'The Graduate'? Well, guess there's no better way to see it for the first time than on Criterion, I suppose. Enjoy and let us know your thoughts on an amazing classic.

Feel free to resurrect that thread with your thoughts when the time comes. Only Criterion I've picked up in the last few months was 'The Complete Lady Snowblood' on blu-ray.
    @Creasy47

Look matey, you have no right to complain about getting forced to watch Vampire Diaries as long as you have not endured the complete seven seasons of GILMORE GIRLS which I had to watch within 3 months when my wife was 6 months pregnant and couldn't leave the bed :))

I'm still having nightmares about it. Sometimes I dream my daughter wakes me up in the morning and it's Rory Gilmore! and my wife is Lorelei Gilmore (aaaaarghhhhhh.........

:))
    Sat through some of that show, too. Bad, but not as bad as 'Vampire Diaries.'
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 I was just checking on amazon - 'The Revenant' will be released on bluray on April 19 in the states.
    @DaltonCraig007, do you plan on picking that one up, as well? I wasn't aware it was out next month! I can't even begin to picture how great that looks on blu-ray.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 my next purchases will be 'Spectre' (comes out in 5 days here), 'Hateful Eight', 'Star Wars The Force Awakens' and 'The Revenant'.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,965
    Iol i just bought Spectre yesterday along with Jurassic World and Gone Girl
    Forgive my arrogance, @DaltonCraig007, but where do you live again? Smart man! I have one of those paid off, one I'm purchasing very soon, and I'll probably pick up 'The Revenant' at some point.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,690
    France, my dear friend @Creasy47!
    France, my dear friend @Creasy47!

Very nice, no clue why I've yet to pick up on that after all these years. Knew it had to be somewhere other than the States with some of your film releases being much further out than they are here. I can only assume SP will be a day one purchase and an immediate re-watch as soon as you get home? ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I can only assume SP will be a day one purchase and an immediate re-watch as soon as you get home? ;)

You assume correctly. ;)
    Both on Bluray

Fire walk with me
    Lost Highway

HD digital download Mullholland Drive