The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Both on Bluray

Fire walk with me
    Lost Highway

HD digital download Mullholland Drive

I sadly never got the chance to finish 'Mulholland Drive,' and don't remember much, but am I correct in recalling that there were some truly random and terrifying moments in it? I really want to get around to re-watching that somehow.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Both on Bluray

Fire walk with me
    Lost Highway

HD digital download Mullholland Drive

I sadly never got the chance to finish 'Mulholland Drive,' and don't remember much, but am I correct in recalling that there were some truly random and terrifying moments in it? I really want to get around to re-watching that somehow.

The film is split into two parts and quite subtley done. I would not want to spoil it though once you realise what is happening I find it very good. Lynch is a master at blurring fantasy and reality, shifting perspective and allowing the audience to tap into a characters perception. Its one of my favourite Lynch movies.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What happened to Lynch? Has he stopped making sense movies?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What happened to Lynch? Has he stopped making sense movies?
    He is doing Season 3 of Twin Peaks

Is it confirmed? Last I heard there would be some other director due to budget restraints he couldn t tolerate.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I was about to add, I thought he had left the project ?
    Last time I heard was Twin Peaks slated for 2017. If we don't get Lynch's vision will be waste if time for me.
    I hope it s better than the new X-Files season. Those were the two shows I looked forward to the most, but Chris Carter has clearly lost it.
    I hope it s better than the new X-Files season. Those were the two shows I looked forward to the most, but Chris Carter has clearly lost it.
    Only watched the first episode, been recording the rest. Was going to binge watch at some point, though a few people have said the same. The first episode seemed slightly off, though gave it benefit of the doubt. Mulders character seemed all over the place in the first episode, alas Heroes reborn not pulling up trees either.
    Rubbish!
    X-Files Season 10 rocks! It's bloody great!
    Mulder tripping on mushroom was funny.
    SPECTRE on bluray.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Bluray of..

9200000032961146.jpg
    Begin Again (2013)
    just got specter today, and this is the first blu ray I have bought that feels cheap.The flimsy case reminds of what the dvds started doing when blu ray came out.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just bought the Octopussy Blu Ray... it was just a matter of time- I really love this movie. Moore's crazy OTT Bond that shames all the rest. :D
    Picked up 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on blu-ray from Target online; their version comes with a lot of extra special features and some poster cards or something, I believe. April 5th can't get here fast enough.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Just bought the Octopussy Blu Ray... it was just a matter of time- I really love this movie. Moore's crazy OTT Bond that shames all the rest. :D

Welcome to the Octopussy :All Time High club @chrisisall. Any fan of OP is alright in my book. (Even those that don'taren't all bad)

Bought lots of movies since my last post here. Recent additions :

The Dambusters
    Tinker Tailor Solider Spy
    Gravity

And a film called
    Spectre

@Benny, looks like you just went on an amazing movie purchase spree. Well done!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Benny wrote: »
    Gravity
    I can never see this without thinking about Pierce in DAD...
    :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Time Out Of Mind
    The Dressmaker
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Finally. I've got it.

Spectre on bluray.
    Same here ! Rewatched the opening and the titles. Will wartch it entirely sometime next week. But I'm still in awe with that tracking shot on the roofs of Mexico City. Too bad the movie didn't keep its promises after that. But more on that later.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Went and added to my blu Ray collection today.

The Bourne legacy
    Man Of Steel
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom
    Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

Just bought online Now You See Me. I really loved that movie. Cant wait for the sequel this June!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just picked up Ant-Man on bluray to complete my Marvel Studios collection in preparation for Cap 3:Civil War which is going to be tge BIGGEST movie of the year.
    Jesse Stone: Lost In Paradise (2015)

The ninth movie in the Jesse Stone series. And there will be more :)

I always liked Tom Seleck. Of course I bought the Magnum DVD Box Sets and re-watched the whole thing five years ago.
    Blue Bloods is just the best crime show on TV. Great cast and Seleck shines.

The Jesse Stone movies are marvelous. They are slow paced and seem to be of a long gone time when a crime story could be told without having mindless action every five minutes or be overly violent.

I'm glad this series of movies is so successful. I wish more of this kind of crime movies would be made. The British actually know how to do it. George Gently is such a crime show.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh man they made a new Jesse Stone movie!?! Yes! I binge watched all of them last year. I'm so happy there are more on the way! \m/
    All on Bluray...

Batman: Bad Blood
    The Voyage Home
    The Final Frontier

Finally I have every Original Series Star Trek movie on Bluray.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Just bought Big Hero 6, Aladdin, Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, Captain America Winter Solider and Spectre! Disney and Bond how can that go wrong!?
    @Benny, I see you omitted the awful, awful 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.' ;)