The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Purchased on iTunes the four Margaret Rutherford movies this morning.
    I love Agatha Christie and Miss Rutherford is the best Miss Marple.

The movies have been remastered in High Definition :)

Can't wait to watch them. Probably one a day starting tomorrow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BondJasonBond006, did you hear that Kenneth Branagh will play Poirot in the 'Murder on the Orient Express' remake? Figured you may (or may not) enjoy that, being a Christie fan.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @BondJasonBond006, did you hear that Kenneth Branagh will play Poirot in the 'Murder on the Orient Express' remake? Figured you may (or may not) enjoy that, being a Christie fan.

You just made my day, I didn't know. I can't wait to see that remake. Branagh will be perfect for the role :D
    edited March 2016 Posts: 40,674
    I believe he's directing it, too, though this news was from November 2015, so things may have changed by then.

Picked up 'Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season' on blu-ray; got the Martell sigil edition from Best Buy.
    On Bluray...

Final Fantasy, very underrated I think.

And two of my favourite swashbuckling films... The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers from the early to mid 70s. Two extremely fun films and looking forward to seeing them remastered. Loved these films back in the day.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    On Bluray...

And two of my favourite swashbuckling films... The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers from the early to mid 70s. Two extremely fun films and looking forward to seeing them remastered. Loved these films back in the day.
    We recently got this too. Fantastic movies that now looks as luscious as in the theatre!
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    On Bluray...

We recently got this too. Fantastic movies that now looks as luscious as in the theatre!

Cant wait to watch them, alas The Return of the Four Musketeers is difficult to get on dvd and does not seem to exist on bluray. Milady's Revenge always stuck in my mind when young, the finale is quite dark and intense. The films have never been bettered IMO.

Cant wait to watch them, alas The Return of the Four Musketeers is difficult to get on dvd and does not seem to exist on bluray.
    I may seek it out one day out of curiosity, but if memory serves it was a lackluster affair at best. A real life death onset seems to have limited the enthusiasm of the film makers, and doomed the production which was never going to capture the magic that was the original production.
    Milady's Revenge always stuck in my mind when young, the finale is quite dark and intense. The films have never been bettered IMO.
    Yes, dark. But well made in the extreme.
    My reasoning too, it would be interesting to revisit, quite an ingenious way they kept Roy Kinnears character in the film after his untimely death.

The original films were pre curser to the likes of Superman (Abandoned), Back to the Future, The Matrix and Lord of the Rings as in shot back to back. Certainly improves continuity.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 2
    Hope Lost
    Momentum
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    On Bluray...

Cant wait to watch them, alas The Return of the Four Musketeers is difficult to get on dvd and does not seem to exist on bluray. Milady's Revenge always stuck in my mind when young, the finale is quite dark and intense. The films have never been bettered IMO.

Also have Three and Four on blu-ray, and they look awesome. Return has its moments, and most of them are from the brilliant Oliver Reed. If you've not read the books, the I can thoroughly recommend them, some of the best novels I've ever read. Fantastic.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BLACK MASS

Missed out on this during it s theatrical run. Really looking forward to finally seeing it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Die Hard 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray Collection. It has the first four films, I'm okay not having the atrocious fifth installment.
    Virtuosity, Changing Lanes & Darby O'Gill & The Little People, all on lowly DVD!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    BLACK MASS

Missed out on this during it s theatrical run. Really looking forward to finally seeing it.
    You're in for a treat. This is without a doubt among the top performances of Johnny Depp.
    Shaun The Sheep The Movie and
    Shaun The Sheep: The Farmer's Llamas (short movie)

I admit I am a sucker for everything Shaun and the characters created by Nick Park.
    On Bluray...

Also have Three and Four on blu-ray, and they look awesome. Return has its moments, and most of them are from the brilliant Oliver Reed. If you've not read the books, the I can thoroughly recommend them, some of the best novels I've ever read. Fantastic.

Just watched The Three Musketeers looks better than ever, the level of detail and set design looks fantastic. I forgot that the score was done by Legrand, it very good his sound more suited to this type of film. The cast for this film is quite exceptional, Heston and Lee are perfectly cast. Oliver Reed at his best was always a force of nature. I am familiar with Dumas work superb, I studied literature at University so reasonably well read.
    The 70s Musketeers movies were so much better than that 9os shit.
    The 70s Musketeers movies were so much better than that 9os shit.
    OH yeah.
    BD
    Angelheart
    The Wolverine
    San Andreas
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD
    Angelheart
    The Wolverine
    San Andreas

Angel Heart is one of my all time favourite movies. Ever.
    Mine too, hence me jumping upon the chance to obtain it on Bluray.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Mine too, hence me jumping upon the chance to obtain it on Bluray.

Been looking for it since 1987. Closest I got was seeing Lisa Bonet in New York in 1990. Maybe not as good as getting the film itself, but if she hadn t walked there with Lenny Kravitz, who knows?
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 503
    A Bridge Too Far
    Ronin
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    Bullitt
    The Thomas Crown Affair ( both versions)
    Columbiana
    After The Sunset
    Hot Fuzz (again)
    Harry Potter And the half blood prince
    Now i've just got to sit down and watch the friggin things.
    Body Double
    Red State
    BD
    Poltergeist
    American Sniper
    X-men -days future past
    Completed my Miyazaki collection by buying "Castle of Cagliostro". Don't know when I'll watch it, though.
    A couple of silent movies by Hitchcock, including The Lodger, all on Blu-ray.
    Thank you again for the tip @birdleson

The silent era of Hitchcock is the only thing missing in my collection.

Goosebumps
    For my daughter really. We watched it earlier today and I admit liking it a lot. Although clearly aimed at kids, it is fun and entertaining and the special effects are surprisingly good! Recommended for adults as well. Jack Black is a blast, and for once he doesn't play a silly man, but an author and father that sees his creations come alive, in a bad way!
    A couple of silent movies by Hitchcock, including The Lodger, all on Blu-ray.
    Thank you again for the tip @birdleson

The silent era of Hitchcock is the only thing missing in my collection.

Goosebumps
    For my daughter really. We watched it earlier today and I admit liking it a lot. Although clearly aimed at kids, it is fun and entertaining and the special effects are surprisingly good! Recommended for adults as well. Jack Black is a blast, and for once he doesn't play a silly man, but an author and father that sees his creations come alive, in a bad way!

I've wanted to check it out just because of how much I loved the books and the TV movies they did when I was a kid. I figured this would be nostalgic to check out, might have to do so one day.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Completed my Miyazaki collection by buying "Castle of Cagliostro". Don't know when I'll watch it, though.
    That a really REALLY fun one. Very silly.