The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Yes, I have it on bluray too ( love it, as you say a fun movie)
    but at 99p, it may as well be for nothing. :)
    I do the same buy digital copies of films I already have, I have Spectre digital download on my mobile phone. I occasionally watch the Rome car chase to kill a few minutes, modern tech is crazy.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Last year I was called to do jury service ( in the end I wasn't picked) but i spent
    two long days sitting in a room waiting, waiting. Luckily I have a small samsung
    7" tablet loaded with all the Bond films, books and audio books, to keep me
    amused. ;)
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Been thinking of getting the entire series on digital Download, through Amazon I would only be able to download to my tablet. There is Talk Talk which makes you re download after thirty days which is stupid or Flixster (Ultraviolet) which is considerably better though dont download digital HD copies for every movie. Not really looked into it that much, where did you get your Bond HD downloads from? Would like to download all the films to my PC also.

My current Tablet is a Nexus 7, decent Tablet though unfortunately you cant expand the memory so no use for having a catalog of movies.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I got the whole Bond collection from iTunes including iTunesExtras which are the same special features that are on the Blu-rays.
    Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis, finally have all the films on Bluray.

I'll check itunes, getting the extra content is a big plus @BondJasonBond006. I have them all on Bluray though like the idea of having them all on digital download.
    Agreed, it's always fun to look through the special features. It's amazing
    The odd little facts you can learn.
    I love the Patrick Mcnee narrated documentaries. In fact I am going to put one on now whilst I do some work. :)
    Windows store have Dr No to Skyfall for £109.99 in HD though offering very little information.
    Windows store have Dr No to Skyfall for £109.99 in HD though offering very little information.

That seems too expensive. iTunes (Switzerland) has the whole bunch for CHF 120 which is 85 £ all movie with extras.
    Yeah checked on itunes was cheaper, a sticking point is I could download the collection on Windows 10 to my pc, though you can only stream on Xbox One, using Xbox One now as my main media centre as have mass storage. Not sure what to do will have to research it some more.
    Not making any recommendations but has anyone checked out kodi ?
    If you haven't , simply look it up on you tube.
    Yeah I have Kodi on most of my devices use it primarily as music player, and for apps. Reworked the menus so its all Marvel Themed. Looks pretty good.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I just bought the Director's Cut of Daredevil on Blu Ray... as a fan of the comic series I really love this flick.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I just bought the Director's Cut of Daredevil on Blu Ray... as a fan of the comic series I really love this flick.

I have the Directors cut on DVD it does improve the film.

Daredevil (Director's Cut) isn't that bad a movie.
    And up to that point it even was one of the best comic book movies outside the Batsy franchise.
    In retrospect a lot of older comic book movies seem to be "bad" which sometimes is a false conclusion.
    s-l225.jpg

The Hobbit 3D Extended edition Box Set. Its looks good sat next to my Lord of the Rings Extended edition Box Set.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, right there with you, though I didn't get the 3D version of it. Bought the 'Hobbit' extended box set months back when it was on sale, still have yet to go back and re-watch them, and I've yet to even see the extended versions.
    @Creasy47 Only watched Desolation of Smaug Extended version previously, Just watching An Unexpected Journey now, only around 8 minutes extra in this film. Its Battle of five Armies that has the most added I think so looking forward to eventually watching the extended version, I was a bit disappointed with Battle... Hope the Extended cut elevates it.
    I was very, very disappointed with BOTFA, so I was hoping the 20-30 minutes or so that they added would make it a little better, as cautious as I am about expecting that.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I was very, very disappointed with BOTFA, so I was hoping the 20-30 minutes or so that they added would make it a little better, as cautious as I am about expecting that.
    The Theatrical version was a bit of a hack job, alot of random stuff just seemed to happen. I live in hope, ill watch it tonight.

These films have had there critics, though just watching part one again now, it really is quite stunning visually.
    Post back with your thoughts on the extended edition once you have. I want to know if it's worth jumping into the extended trilogy again ASAP, or if the added running time doesn't help and I needn't bother anytime soon.
    Post back with your thoughts on the extended edition once you have. I want to know if it's worth jumping into the extended trilogy again ASAP, or if the added running time doesn't help and I needn't bother anytime soon.

Will do :) I have only watched TBOFA twice previously, so may not immediately notice what is new. Though the general flow of the film will be noticeable, at this point I will say for Desolation of Smaug alone I felt it worth getting the Extended box set.
    I saw TBOTFA in theaters and have yet to see it since. Hopefully it's a bit better this time around, given that it's been so long since I last saw it.
    Totally engrossed watching the Hobbit now, will have to watch them all the way through. I easily get drawn into these worlds.
    Totally engrossed watching the Hobbit now, will have to watch them all the way through. I easily get drawn into these worlds.

As do I. The LOTR trilogy is my favorite cinematic trilogy of all time, and it's not something I can play in the background or watch here and there; once it's on, I'm completely engrossed and have no interest in doing anything else. I love it, such a journey. I'd still love to be able to pull off an extended LOTR marathon in one sitting in one day. Haven't managed to do it yet.
    Just finished watching my latest purchase the Masters of Cinema blu- ray release of The Quiet Man. A Ford/Wayne classic movie. What a stunning restoration of this movie. For so many years now this movie has been shown on TV in some poor quality video transfered version. This restored version is like watching the film as it was first released. Congratulations to all concerned in this restoration. This is the real power of blu-ray for me, older films, when restored with real care, can look absolutely stunning. Also check out the Zulu blu-ray to see what I mean

As do I. The LOTR trilogy is my favorite cinematic trilogy of all time, and it's not something I can play in the background or watch here and there; once it's on, I'm completely engrossed and have no interest in doing anything else. I love it, such a journey. I'd still love to be able to pull off an extended LOTR marathon in one sitting in one day. Haven't managed to do it yet.
    Likewise LOTR is one of my favourites, studied Norse mythology at University, Tolkein took alot of inspiration from the Viking Sagas, I love anything in this genre.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Love the LOTR triligy, didn t care all that much for the Hobbit trilogy. Which trilogy would you start with for your marathon, @Creasy47?
    @Thunderfinger, I'd go with the LOTR trilogy, because I've yet to even manage that in one sitting, let alone trying that AND the Hobbit trilogy. Maybe I'll find a few free days some weekend and try and do the Hobbit trilogy one day and the LOTR trilogy another. What a marathon that would be.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,881
    Just bought the second season of Penny Dreadful. I'll try to watch the first episode tonight.

Waiting for the second season of Who Do You Think You Are USA to arrive in my mailbox (shouldn't be too long now). Too bad the following seasons have not been released. And BTW, does anyone knows when the 12th season of the original show will be released on DVD ? I'm starting to lose hope, there.