Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Did you like my Carrie post? That's one of my very favorite photos from this weekend.
    Oh yes. That's classic.
    I saw this image at my march:
    C2sR_bJW8AAFcBw.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, man, that one is excellent, too! :-bd
    edited January 2017 Posts: 12,459
    There are just too many things happening at the same time. Flynn, who does not need confirmation as an "adviser" got sworn in ... the way the press has been treated ...other confirmation hearings ongoing ... Kellyanne head fascist cheerleader stumping on ... Trump's disrespectful and very out of place, weird speech at the CIA ... many things. Including that he wants to damage, stop, or alter Medicaid asap and hey, also, he is (in general) against vaccines as currently recommended by doctors and scientists. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/proposed-presidential-autism-vaccine-panel-could-help-spread-disease/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share

Re Trump visiting CIA
    Science is not his strong suit.
    Indeed.

Brietbart = Bannon (= lies, white supremists, racists, etc. - all bigly).
    This is not good news.
    HOuse of Cards season four is really going to struggle to Trump this crazyness
    TV shows and films don't have a chance of being crazier, edgier, or surprising. You could not make this stuff up, what is actually happening in our country, in our government. Nope.

But how about wacky music videos about Trump?
    Oi, Japanese people (!!) ~

That's hilarious.
    So Sean Spicer pushed that attitude, that wording, a declaration of war on the media.
    This is an interesting read. And interesting Trump's team are leaking details like this.

So Sean, in a way thank you - however truly horrific this statement and attitude from you was, it was blatant enough to wake some people up. Though, yes, Trump is now throwing you under the bus. (that is kind of expected from that kind of "leader")
    Hilarious video, but still bothersome. Yep. ;)
    under_bus.png
    @BondJames............how are you responding to all of this :-)? Still with this attitude?

arrogant-boss.jpg
    Did you mean to post that on this thread, @Gustav_Graves? Just wondering.
    FLYNN. Seriously dangerous, malignant, racist, anti-Semitic influence. Oh and proven to not be trusted with intelligence info (he was fired before). But he's still there next to Trump, talking to him all the time.
    National Security Adviser. I swear Flynn and Bannon are probably my biggest concerns.

Flynn was just sworn in, along with others. Here pictured are The Four Horsemen of The Trumpocalypse (Flynn not in this shot, though).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Meaning this is someone you recommend we read, @Thunderfinger?

OK, just glanced at it (I'm in the middle of trying to get several things done here).
    So ... time travel!! How utterly innovative an American he is! Let's put him in line after Pence and Ryan. ;)

Oh and we can donate to him. That's a bonus. :)
    This 87 year old woman at the march this past weekend. This is really something.
    What was Sean Spicer thinking? His first outing to the press core had me squirming! %-(
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    What was Sean Spicer thinking? His first outing to the press core had me squirming! %-(

Well, I'm not surprised a bit. The Trump administration is a fierce alt-right, neo-nationalist, protectionist, isolationist government. And it certainly has nothing to do with @BondJames / Reagan's 1980's vision that includes free trade and an already "shiny house upon the hill". Trump is dark, dystopian, narcissist, mildly autoritarian and from now on a fierce hater of journalism (even the Carl Bernstein-like journalism).

Found that on the Radio Times site. Fitting, I would say.

C2xZvLJXUAAFXlq.jpg

Well, I'm not surprised a bit. The Trump administration is a fierce alt-right, neo-nationalist, protectionist, isolationist government. And it certainly has nothing to do with @BondJames / Reagan's 1980's vision that includes free trade and an already "shiny house upon the hill".
    What Kellyannebondjames doesn't want to acknowledge is that there is a BIG difference between spin (where you slant the facts to a favourable angle for your position), and bullsh*t (where you negate the facts entirely and make up your own). Spin takes a bit of intelligence & ingenuity- the Trump administration has demonstrated here that they have no time for that and will most certainly default to bullsh*t now and in future simply because A) it's easier and B) they don't think the American people in general will know the difference anyway.

• edited January 2017 Posts: 11,119
    chrisisall wrote: »

Well, I'm not surprised a bit. The Trump administration is a fierce alt-right, neo-nationalist, protectionist, isolationist government. And it certainly has nothing to do with @BondJames / Reagan's 1980's vision that includes free trade and an already "shiny house upon the hill".
    What Kellyannebondjames doesn't want to acknowledge is that there is a BIG difference between spin (where you slant the facts to a favourable angle for your position), and bullsh*t (where you negate the facts entirely and make up your own). Spin takes a bit of intelligence & ingenuity- the Trump administration has demonstrated here that they have no time for that and will most certainly default to bullsh*t now and in future simply because A) it's easier and B) they don't think the American people in general will know the difference anyway.

What worries me most is actually the response of some forummembers here. I mean, if you really dare to say this, to say the stuff that 'bondjames' says.....:
    bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Spicer's role was to distract from the marches. Anyone who couldn't see that is a fool. The fact that it's being talked about confirms that it worked.

But that's the thing I'm ranting against @BondJames. We should not have a calculated a-hole like Spicer, who behaves like a sneeky Bond villain, to "distract from the marches". That's the first thing that's so rotten about that man and the Trump administration.......and that you support and uphold that kind of ghastly, sneeky, calculated media propaganda.

Our history is full of smart people, who use the media in such a way that only, and ONLY, a certain base is going to believe their crap. Our history is full of smart people who use 'alternative facts' (disgusting new definition) to strengthen the willingness of their base to believe whatever shit they puke out. Joseph Goebbels for instance.
    I have news for you. The White House Press Secretaries have been lying to the public ever since I've been alive. Unless you actually believe Benghazi was about a video. Some do it smoothly, and others are more combative. It is up to the media to dissect and report the facts, rather than wasting time on sensationalism. As long as we have a media that is driven by ratings and political affiliations, the game will be played the way it is played.

One can't blame any person in authority for attempting to spin a story to suit their interests. It is up to the 4th estate to be a little more objective and balanced.

Having said that, I believe the Trump Administration should have acknowledged the marches, as the President did in a tweet yesterday. There's not much else to say on them, because they do not reflect policies that have been enacted. Just protests.

PS: Carl Bernstein is now officially a hack as far as I'm concerned. He lost all shred of credibility when he spun that Russia story. I'm sure he's hurting from reduced royalties on his Clinton book, but that's no reason for him to humiliate himself like he did a few weeks ago.

@Gustav_Graves Benghazi was not a peaceful protest march, it was covert espionage amidst funding cuts. OF COURSE this will be straight up lied about, that's the nature of covert espionage. Lying about numbers of people attending one event or another is, by comparison, simply pathetic. ;)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 616
    Newsflash, guys:

Bondjames frequents the Trump Era thread. You can head over there to voice your concerns.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,119
    chrisisall wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves Benghazi was not a peaceful protest march, it was covert espionage amidst funding cuts. OF COURSE this will be straight up lied about, that's the nature of covert espionage. Lying about numbers of people attending one event or another is, by comparison, simply pathetic. ;)

You can also lie publicly, and have the dangerous guts to turn that into some new 'dangerous' lie that will be picked up by a certain base as the truth. That's what I was referring at. The comparison with Benghazi IMO is grotesque...and even dangerous.
    Spicer's 2nd press briefing is happening right now. So that should be interesting.
    All I've read so far is that is opened with a slight joke and none of the press laughed (good!).

Oh, and Trump is changing Medicaid already apparently (block grants). I'll have to read more on those changes and post later, but here is a place to start.

Affordable Healthcare Act (Obamacare), all of that ... it will be altered as much as they can get away with. He has said he wanted a replacement program ready for immediate swap, but that sounds like amateur night to me, still (all this time, GOP not ready with any solid replacement proposal).

I know the "right this second" focus is Spicer's talking with the press. I will post on that, but I cannot help having this deep sadness right now for our country's healthcare, its safety nets for lower income folks, all of that. Block grants are going to be a huge shift and many people hurt. No matter how enticing the rest of today's news is, and some will definitely be worth talking about, I don't want us to forget what the GOP and Trump are trying to do right now to dismantle health care and Medicaid. :(

One comment under one of these posts on twitter said: "Also Medicaid covers over half of nursing home care for EVERYONE. Medicare does not. Average cost $200 - $229 per DAY."
    Too much going on at same time.
    From Russia With Love ... to Trump ~

"In Trump We Trust" ... Apparently this new Trump commemorative coin from Russia is real. It is also all over Russian media, I've read. Russia has made this to honor Trump. Huh.

The Russians are having way more fun these days, most fun for them since ... I don't know when ... the 1800's perhaps?
    Ooooooooh! I LOVE this!
    Just put out (Jan. 22nd) by the Dutch. So hilarious! (including the voiceover). When you need a smile today, go here:

To Donald Trump, From The Netherlands With Love ~ (my title, not theirs) ;)
    Ooooooooh! I LOVE this!
    Just put out (Jan. 22nd) by the Dutch. So hilarious! (including the voiceover). When you need a smile today, go here:

To Donald Trump, From The Netherlands With Love ~ (my title, not theirs) ;)

AWESOME!!! =))
    It really is, isn't it? :) I love it. I want this to go viral on our forum.
    It's hitting the internet at full steam. Beatles is quite busy with work, but I'm tagigng him here: @BeatlesSansEarmuffs and, well, everybody else. ;)
This discussion has been closed.