Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Oh yes. Get this out of our system. It is the deserved natural reaction, though.
    (artwork and photos below)

And let's move on. With hope ... you know that rather important thing (along with right actions and words) ~

Emily Dickinson
    Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
    And sore must be the storm -
    That could abash the little Bird
    That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
    And on the strangest Sea -
    Yet - never - in Extremity,
    It asked a crumb - of me.

kjsl128.jpg
    Yes it has, and other things altered, too. Like facts replaced with incorrect numbers on the White House's own website now. More to come as we all discover these things.
    @Gustav_Graves They took down all the previous subpages. The Economy subpage is missing, too. I guess they are rebuilding it from scratch.
    They are removing and changing websites - but the previous information is archived. It is not lost. Some things now are not factual on new White House site, but we will check that out further later. Scientists and other organizations have already saved their website's information and tons of documentation (climate change, for example) elsewhere. It is safe and kept for the public. No need to get overly worried about this yet. Other things probably more important to keep an eye on, in my opinion.
    It's good to be king.

They did what?
    Off with their heads.

Oh, er, I mean just ban them ... till they get in line and say what I want them to say and only show what I want them to show. That'll teach 'em.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/20/interior-department-banned-from-twitter-after-retweet-of-smaller-than-usual-trump-inauguration-crowd/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.1f2d169b0135

The Interior Department was ordered Friday to shut down its official Twitter accounts — indefinitely — after the National Park Service shared two unsympathetic tweets during President Trump’s inauguration.

The first noted the new president’s relatively small inaugural crowd compared to the number of people former president Barack Obama drew to the National Mall when he was sworn into office in 2009. The second tweet noted several omissions of policy areas on the new White House website. A Park Service employee retweeted both missives on Friday.

“All bureaus and the department have been directed by incoming administration to shut down Twitter platforms immediately until further notice,” said an email circulated to Park Service employees Friday afternoon.

The email, obtained by The Post, described the stand-down as an “urgent directive” and said social media managers must shut down the accounts “until further directed.”

Interior has dozens of official Twitter accounts at its multiple offices and 10 bureaus, which include the Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and U.S. Geological Survey.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,691
    Thanks to Trump, new mortgages are now at least $500 more per year for struggling families. Yep, this guy loves his uneducated all right. He's changed... he's so Presidential... the responsibilities have sobered him, he was just playing the oaf to get the numbers and has settled into his role as POTUS... pigs also have wings now.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    You do know that Obama signed this on 1/9/2017 right?
    @Gustav_Graves They took down all the previous subpages. The Economy subpage is missing, too. I guess they are rebuilding it from scratch.

Ooowh yes, then economy. Let's forget abou this as well.....

Trust me, there won't be any mention of climate change and LGBT rights anymore on this new site. But that's understandable. Trump is president.
    Trump's proposed cabinet has as much wealth between them as 1/3 of American households.

But, don't worry, they'll be looking out for the little guy. Of course they will, Trump said so yesterday.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    dalton wrote: »
    Trump's proposed cabinet has as much wealth between them as 1/3 of American households.

But, don't worry, they'll be looking out for the little guy. Of course they will, Trump said so yesterday.

A billionaire president with a Cabinet full of billionaires, who plan on fixing the system that made them billionaires. Gotta love it.
    It would be funny if Trump didn't have the potential to be so dangerous.

2020 (or Trump's impeachment) cannot get here soon enough.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Meet the new boss same as the old boss ?. >:P
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,691
    You do know that Obama signed this on 1/9/2017 right?
    No, I don't know that at all. Kindly enlighten me if you would, as my own search turns up nothing on this. :-??
    B-)

Edit: I'm sorry, your poor wording of the question confused me; you meant to ask, "You do know that Obama signed the mortgage lowering action on 1/9/2017 right?" The answer is still no, but thanks for whatever point you were trying to make. I'm sure it was meant to either denigrate Obama or praise Trump.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

A billionaire president with a Cabinet full of billionaires, who plan on fixing the system that made them billionaires. Gotta love it.

This is perhaps one of the best remarks of the day :-). Gonna use it on my Facebook if you don't mind @Creasy47 ;-).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This is perhaps one of the best remarks of the day :-). Gonna use it on my Facebook if you don't mind @Creasy47 ;-).

Have at it!
    Got back from our march... so many people....
    All over the world, women and men are marching in protest to Trump as president.
    This is real. I'm thankful for this.
    Colorado ~

Indianapoli ~

Actually, numbers to huge to estimate well right now. In many countries. This is a light of hope. We need it to be the spark of a lasting, never wavering fire.

Glad you went, @chrisisall. Actions matter, our voices matter. Our democracy can make it through this period if we keep our focus on what matters most and keep acting, speaking up. Twiter is flooded with images; it is quite moving how many people are turning out for this ... everywhere.
    Be a little patient, get past the ads, and the L.A. Times here providing photos from around the U.S. (and other places in the world, I think, too) and updates on marches.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-womens-march-photos-20170121-htmlstory.html
    Since Trump has already failed to uphold the oath of office that he took just yesterday (the lease to his hotel in Washington is a violation of the Emoluments clause), each and every American citizen should be calling and writing their congress men and women, demanding his impeachment.
    Meanwhile, Trump finally visited the CIA. And stood there are lied to their faces.
    The CIA. The people who know all about him, oh yes ...and are among those least likely to ever be fooled by him.

Remember, he recently called the CIA "Nazis" and now says he loves them. Oh, such a walking, babbling contradiction.

One minute of video here:

A note from a reporter there, describing the CIA in attendance.

(And if scroll down into comments a bit, there is an amazing view of the march in Chicago, stretching everywhere)
    Up to you, Congress. And CIA, FBI, Department of Justice. Do some things right and good for our country.

Personally, I am pleased Gen. Mattis and Gen. Kelly were approved. So far, that is important and great news. I considered them safeguards. But they have tremendously difficult tasks before them - Trump and the rest of his administration (especially the divisive and mentally unstable Flynn, and the racist, distrustful agitator, Bannon).
    Anyway, here is that info:

Handy list of the 24 names Trump has sent to Congress for confirmation:
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/20/nominations-sent-senate

Copied the list for you:

NOMINATIONS SENT TO THE SENATE:

Terry Branstad, of Iowa, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and

Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the People's

Republic of China.

Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., of Florida, to be Secretary of Housing

and Urban Development.

Elaine L. Chao, of Kentucky, to be Secretary of Transportation.

Jay Clayton, of New York, to be a Member of the Securities and

Exchange Commission for a term expiring June 5, 2021, vice Daniel M.

Gallagher, Jr. (term expired).

Daniel Coats, of Indiana, to be Director of National

Intelligence, vice James R. Clapper, Jr.

Elisabeth Prince DeVos, of Michigan, to be Secretary of

Education.

David Friedman, of New York, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and

Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to Israel.

Nikki R. Haley, of South Carolina, to be the Representative of

the United States of America to the United Nations, with the rank and

status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, and the

Representative of the United States of America in the Security

Council of the United Nations.

Nikki R. Haley, of South Carolina, to be Representative of the

United States of America to the Sessions of the General Assembly of

the United Nations during her tenure of service as Representative of

the United States of America to the United Nations.

John F. Kelly, of Virginia, to be Secretary of Homeland

Security.

Robert Lighthizer, of Florida, to be United States Trade

Representative, with the rank of Ambassador Extraordinary and

Plenipotentiary.

James Mattis, of Washington, to be Secretary of Defense.

Linda E. McMahon, of Connecticut, to be Administrator of the

Small Business Administration, vice Maria Contreras-Sweet, resigned.

Steven T. Mnuchin, of California, to be Secretary of the

Treasury.

Steven T. Mnuchin, of California, to be United States Governor

of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, United

States Governor of the African Development Fund, and United States

Governor of the Asian Development Bank, vice Jacob Joseph Lew,

resigned.

Steven T. Mnuchin, of California, to be United States Governor

of the International Monetary Fund, United States Governor of the

African Development Bank, United States Governor of the

Inter-American Development Bank, and United States Governor of the

International Bank for Reconstruction and Development for a term of

five years, vice Jacob Joseph Lew, resigned.

James Richard Perry, of Texas, to be Secretary of Energy.

Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Director of the Central

Intelligence Agency, vice John Owen Brennan.

Thomas Price, of Georgia, to be Secretary of Health and Human

Services.

Scott Pruitt, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the

Environmental Protection Agency.

Andrew F. Puzder, of Tennessee, to be Secretary of Labor.

Todd M. Ricketts, of Illinois, to be Deputy Secretary of

Commerce.

Wilbur L. Ross, Jr., of Florida, to be Secretary of Commerce.

Jeff Sessions, of Alabama, to be Attorney General.

David J. Shulkin, of Pennsylvania, to be Secretary of Veterans

Affairs.

Rex W. Tillerson, of Texas, to be Secretary of State.

Seema Verma, of Indiana, to be Administrator of the Centers for

Medicare and Medicaid Services, vice Marilyn B. Tavenner.

Vincent Viola, of New York, to be Secretary of the Army, vice

Eric Kenneth Fanning.

Ryan Zinke, of Montana, to be Secretary of the Interior.
    It's official: more attendance at the Women's march in DC than the Inauguration the previous day. Somewhere in the White House:
    "Come on Donald, sometimes these things happen."
    "Not to me. Not to ME!"
    It is clearly another lie (size of inaugural crowds) - lies upon lies. It does not matter to him; he truly cannot help himself. And now, God help us all, his has real power.

Trump's focus on continuing his rallies, his themes from them - egging on divisiveness, bigotry, the lies, his ego cannot handle criticism - what does that say about his lack of ability to govern? to focus? to make sensible decisions based on intelligent, factual information?
    It's really nor funny. Part of these things are smokescreens, as he works with his cronies behind the scenes to dismantle organizations quickly, ban the press, take away facts and replace with false info, punish people and agencies (national park service comes to mind, so yes part of all his blather is still misdirection ... but it is also compulsive. He is what he is. He has shown us all along. People who don't care what he says or does, just want change, want him to shake things up - it is like your worst nightmare. You had no idea. And it's just beginning. Look at his administration, his advisers, his own kids ... it is grim.

And yes, he is clearly in violation, @chrisisall. I am confident people are gathering tons of documentation, information to start impeachment proceedings. But I think you are right, it is important for us to contact our representatives and have our own voices heard. It is very necessary. That is, after all, one of the major factors that spur govt representatives to actually take action.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    It's official: more attendance at the Women's march in DC than the Inauguration the previous day. Somewhere in the White House:
    "Come on Donald, sometimes these things happen."
    "Not to me. Not to ME!"

And that is just in Washington, D.C. Marches are happening all over the world. There is a real spark in humanity still. A desire for democracy, freedom, anti-dictatorship ... yes, there is a spark still. That is encouraging.

Photos of the inaugrual crowd have been put up in the White House briefing room.
    Yes, I kid you not. Fragile ego, have to compensate all the time, or what? Geez.

Good point about narcissists.

And about people thinking Trump would change once he was made president.

Some great photos, from New York City, Austin, TX and more

Trump Hotel is barracaded and blocked off, by the way - so marchers are leaving their signs.

In Washington, D.C. alone - est. is more than 500,000 march in protest

Worldwide? We don't know yet, but it's a whole heck of a lot.

Well, we could post great protest march photos for hours on end. I'll (try) to stop with this link. It gives photos from many countries. Really inspiring. :)

Heh, the Inauguration lost by a 'landslide'. =))
    Yes, it did. And now I keep flashing back now to the film Citizen Kane.
    And Goodfellas, All the Presidents Men ... how about you? ;)
    Yes, it did. And now I keep flashing back now to the film Citizen Kane.
    And Goodfellas, All the Presidents Men ... how about you? ;)

Sorry, TND is my go-to Trump era movie! :))
This discussion has been closed.