Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

1373839404143»

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited February 2017 Posts: 17,687
    JamesStock wrote: »
    I hope you guys spewing this anger realize how extreme you sound...

Extreme? 8 years of Republicans obstructing almost everything the Democrats tried to achieve whilst blaming everything on Obama (including the government shutdown) & also wasting millions upon millions of dollars on witch hunts like his Kenyan citizenship and Hillary's Benghazi connection.... now that they hold all the cards and we want them to own their mistakes fully and clearly NOW is extreme?
    Oh my Lord, you must have absolutely despised this quote then... "Governments change; the lies stay the same."
    Or this one... "The only thing worse than a Democrat these days is a Republican." That was me, btw. :))

Oh, and:
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-deportations-20170204-story.html

This will cost about a billion to do, and more in lost U.S. revenue once the tally is over... buy hey! Those evil Mexicans steal our Fritos, right? fritos-bandito.jpg
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,564

I hope you realize that you're violating the Mod-directed "Stay on your own side of the street or we'll close both of these threads down" edict.

And BTW, you ain't even HEARD angry or extreme yet. Keep watch those news shows, Mr. Stock, the party's just beginning...
    Wanna hear angry? As soon as Trump's minions start ripping families apart I'll go ballistic. F**k the economy and I'll get pissed. F**k with people's LIVES directly by imposing immediate and irreconcilable harm FOR NO GOOD REASON and I FLAME ON!
    edited February 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Personally, I am taking heart with what some judges are doing, and definitely the protests (various kinds) of the American people to stand up for our civil rights and decency. A corner is being turned, and it is not in Trump's favor. GOP starting to backpedal, distance themselves from some key issues now. Wheels turning slowly in the right direction, but they are.
    Art protests, subtle but ongoing, all kinds, including this:

And going over the obvious, shown from the whole election year thru his inaugural speech and certainly often since then: stoking the fear, lying and exaggerating. Why? It serves more than one purpose for Trump.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-rallying-cry-fear-itself/2017/02/03/7d2a0432-ea4a-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html?postshare=4851486262639302&tid=ss_tw-bottom&utm_term=.82909a983b1a
    Wheels turning slowly in the right direction, but they are.
    Elliot Carver overextended as well. These idiots ultimately undo themselves by being so hard target-y.
    Hard target-y, @chrisisall? That and the sheer obvious incompetence and rampant racism/bigotry fantasy world of this administration. They are really not hiding much at all these days.
    They are really not hiding much at all these days.
    Kellyanne Conway is the poster girl for hard target-y.
    =))
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 565
    chrisisall wrote: »

Extreme? 8 years of Republicans obstructing almost everything the Democrats tried to achieve whilst blaming everything on Obama (including the government shutdown) & also wasting millions upon millions of dollars on witch hunts like his Kenyan citizenship and Hillary's Benghazi connection.... now that they hold all the cards and we want them to own their mistakes fully and clearly NOW is extreme?
    Oh my Lord, you must have absolutely despised this quote then... "Governments change; the lies stay the same."
    Or this one... "The only thing worse than a Democrat these days is a Republican." That was me, btw. :))

Oh, and:
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-deportations-20170204-story.html

This will cost about a billion to do, and more in lost U.S. revenue once the tally is over... buy hey! Those evil Mexicans steal our Fritos, right? fritos-bandito.jpg
    I fully agree that the Republicans were equally at fault for having poor temperament over the past 8 years. The straw man argument doesn't work here.

I hope you realize that you're violating the Mod-directed "Stay on your own side of the street or we'll close both of these threads down" edict.

And BTW, you ain't even HEARD angry or extreme yet. Keep watch those news shows, Mr. Stock, the party's just beginning...
    Two points: First, I was merely pointing out the severity of emotions that have spilled their way onto this forum. I am neither a republican nor a democrat (I dislike them both) so I don't believe I have a "side of the street." Second, if these rules are truly in place, they need to be better posted (like in the title) if it expected that folks be aware of and follow these rules. Also, I believe there is "opposition" posting in the "other thread."
    So mature, JamesStock. And a stock "Trumper" expression from you to boot. Bonus points for choosing that phrase. More Trump fans have moved past that one, but (or should I say "butt") maybe it's a favorite of yours. ;)

Well, fortunately this thread is mostly not filled with anger or spam. But really, anger is not our core feeling. Concern, yes, and trying to share news is, and voicing our concerns. Definitely.

So continuing along, Trump stays on his own path, own talking points, no surprise really.

scroll down, video and other info here

and

Just fyi, a Trump lawyer in action:

Bingo. ("some", not all ...)
    Haha, I can understand that people are upset, but to me it's getting a little bit out of hand. But if pointing that out makes me a "Trumper" in your opinion, I think that may say it all.

I am neither a republican nor a democrat (I dislike them both)

Common ground! =D>
    A minor - yet accurate - point.
    Other things more important, yes, but still ... damn.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 12,459
    New Yorkers. Americans.

And ... update on the Muslim ban/travel ban/ "the ban" ...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Wanna hear angry? As soon as Trump's minions start ripping families apart I'll go ballistic. F**k the economy and I'll get pissed. F**k with people's LIVES directly by imposing immediate and irreconcilable harm FOR NO GOOD REASON and I FLAME ON!

Don t you think you could have had Sanders as your President, if Hillary s staff hadn t hacked the election?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Russia hacked the election, stop spouting "alternative" facts.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You must be joking.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dear members

Despite the presidential elections in the USA now several months behind us, the forum is still carrying a lot of heated political debate and assembling tons of links to Twitter accounts, blogs and political forums. While this is certainly understandable and in fact a heart-warming sign that our fine members are not indifferent to what happens in the world, both threads dealing with the matter are becoming a bit of an annoyance to an increasing number of members, on both sides of the political spectrum we might add. In fact, many members have expressed a clear desire to have both threads closed, if only so we can return to our Bond discussions, which is ultimately why this forum exists in the first place.

The Mod team recognises the efforts of the few truly engaged activists and is grateful for their commitment to staying in one's own "camp" and approaching opposing opinions with at least some respect. There have been some tense moments - certainly - but overall, no glasses were broken and the furniture is still in its place. We are a forum of grown-ups and decent folks, and this was proven once more during the recent "ordeal". Thus, so we would not capriciously delete hours of good debate and useful information, we have decided to temporarily 'freeze' (i.e. lock) the two Trump related threads so that our attention can be reverted to Bond and other things. Should the world be shaken up by new real-life spectacle in the near future - and perhaps we shouldn't hope for that - we can always unlock the threads for a while and have our saying once more.

Meanwhile, knowing very well that politics are a matter of great importance to some of our members, we want to stress that there's no intention on the part of the Mod team to offer any imposition on private chats discussing Trump's election or anything else for that matter. In fact, if it helps to soothe our members' nerves, we welcome such initiatives. But the public forum, for a while at least, will try to return to where it was before: Bond, movies, television and if needs be, yes, ghost hunting too.

We hope that our members can appreciate our attempts to steer the forum clear from potential self-harm and a loss of identity. It's a Bond forum first and foremost; we have some wonderful reviews of the Bond films to read, some fine games to play, some interesting news to catch up with and a lot of speculating to do concerning Bond 25...

Thank you, friends, for your contributions.

The Mod team
This discussion has been closed.