The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar

Comments

Correct, the Cleese ad was packaged with VHS tapes of Licence to Kill, if memory serves. It might also have been shown in theaters before the film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,378
    Deleted just realised its the 23rd, over to you @Birdleson
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    EFh8u6t.jpg

Just pick a date and I will add your name to the list and carry the list over to following pages, post anything James Bond, Christmas or Holiday season related during your selected day(s)

1st. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    2nd.
    3rd.
    4th.
    5th.
    6th.
    7th.
    8th.
    9th.
    10th.
    11th. @Agent_99
    12th.
    13th. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    14th. @TR007
    15th.
    16th.
    17th.
    18th.
    19th.
    20th.
    21st. @Max_The_Parrot
    22nd.
    23rd. @Birdleson
    24th. @RichardTheBruce
    25th.
    26th.
    27th.
    28th.
    29th.
    30th.
    31st.

o1MAiEY.png
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Thanks @Birdleson. And what a cool year of birth you have!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This year I'm not in the list, so, sorry for interrupt your great messages but I guess this is the thread to wish all of you in the community a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Bondian 2020:

3J7aBWN.jpg
    Interesting post @Birdleson 74 was my birth year, I had an extensive collection of paper backs and hard backs of Fleming and some early editions, alas in a not great period of my life I disgarded almost all of my Bond collection which was foolish.

@ggl007 select a free day from the list above and I'll add you. :)
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Happy holidays to you too @Birdleson I enjoyed reading your post - I must say the Mego Planet of the Apes figure would have made my Christmas for sure! And that Dali-esque CS cover is a thing to behold!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Recognizing there's a lot of great Christmas content already posted across the last few years (had to regroup after validating choices against the previous 21 pages), I hope some of this is new to most of the board.

So with a Yuletide ethos what follows are a few Bond-influenced tracks, then the spirit of Sir Roger Moore.

James #Bond #Skyfall #Christmas Remix by Simwork 2016 #Happy New Year
    Orchestral Remix version and HD Video of Adele - Skyfall ,a Bond Theme, based on Consoul Trainin Remix.

Main theme James Bond Skyfall (Hurry home for Christmas)
    M Productions main theme to James Bond Skyfall (Hurry home for Christmas)

The San Diego Concert Band: "Secret Agent Santa"
    A lively rendition of different Christmas Carols weaved together in a "James Bond" theme. This was recorded live at The Joan Kroc Theater, in San Diego, California on December 15, 2012. It was conducted by the bands assistant conductor Gunnery Sergeant Victor Ney of the USMC Third Air Wing Band. Sergeant Ney is also an accomplished percussionist in his own right.

Notably, at the beginning of the piece the chimes were struck at a crucial point, but with the dampener left on, causing an unintended effect. This caused some brief laughter and comedic relief.

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy/James Bond - DSQ Electric
    New DSQ Christmas Single. An original composition based on the famous Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky and James Bond.

More serious moments, wherein Roger Moore draws on his Bond persona to promote the interests of UNICEF.
    UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Sir Roger Moore supports German campaign "Water works"

Poor sound quality opens, the music strikes a familiar chord.
    Roger Moore speaks to Icelanders
    A quick message from the international UNICEF goodwill ambassador to the Icelandic population. Made by Islenska auglýsingastofan.

And the item that motivated me to contribute here.

Originally shared by @Fire_and_Ice_Returns in 2017, this is from a 2004 UNICEF promotion. Spurred on by @Agent_99 and a preemptive toast of sorts.
    033892367f8cf20008d65f854d24b3c6e20175fb.png
    The Fly Who Loved Me (2004) (UNICEF)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438032/
    3min | Animation, Short, Family | 10 December 2004 (UK)
    Directed by Dan Chambers
    Writing Credits Olly Smith

Cast (in credits order)
    Roger Moore ... Father Christmas (voice) (as Sir Roger Moore)
    Olly Smith Olly Smith ... The Fly (voice)
    Produced by Olly Smith ... producer
    Film Editing by Dan Chambers
    Art Direction by Dan Chambers

In Fly Land it's Christmas every Day!

3d849e290cba07485ca5f35f47034abfb72f1ed0.png

God bless us. Every one.

f27c238ad948fdef9aba4b7dd637b777f937b4ba.png

Nice one @RichardTheBruce Roger is the Bond I’d most like to spend Christmas with - he’d just make the whole day glow with cuddly snuggly warmth! 🎄☺️
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Roger would be the naughty but lovable uncle who gets a bit too merry and tells terrible jokes!
    Excellent posts @Birdleson and @RichardTheBruce

A Merry Christmas to us all...
    45 minutes till Christmas over here!

60567280_500x332.jpg

Remember, Timothy Dalton is for life, not just for Christmas. (Found this on an animal shelter's website and you'll be pleased to know the little chap has been rehomed.)
    Cute cat, working right through the night, I then will be sleeping Christmas Day then back at work again.
    Clock just struck Midnight

At 1:35 :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Merry Christmas to all our subscribers! :)
    A Merry Christmas to all my MI6 chums on here! I hope you have all had and are continuing to enjoy a festive Christmas day. :-bd
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread this time around @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - as a new member around here I’ve enjoyed reading old and new posts 👍
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread this time around @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - as a new member around here I’ve enjoyed reading old and new posts 👍

Cheers though thanks go to yourself and those that contributed
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,378
    It just occurred to me it's almost December, are any members interested in contributing to this year's The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar NEW YEAR'S EVE Celebration

I will start things off on December 1st...

SkdxcT4.png

Just pick a date and I will add your name to the list and carry the list over to following pages, post anything James Bond, Christmas or Holiday season related during your selected day(s)

2nd.
    3rd.
    4th.
    5th.
    6th.
    7th. @TR007
    8th.
    9th.
    10th.
    11th.
    12th.
    13th.
    14th.
    15th.
    16th. @Agent_99
    17th.
    18th.
    19th.
    20th. @Some_Kind_Of_Hero
    21st. @Birdleson
    22nd.
    23rd.
    24th.
    25th.
    26th.
    27th.
    28th.
    29th.
    30th.
    31st.
    tL2aoHS.png

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns I always enjoy this and I'd love to contribute. Better give me a date later in the month though, as I've no idea what to put together for this year! 16th?
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,378
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I always enjoy this and I'd love to contribute. Better give me a date later in the month though, as I've no idea what to put together for this year! 16th?

Great stuff I will add your name to the 16th, not sure what I am going to do either though likely to be Sean focused in tribute to the great man.
    I’ll take the 7th please!
    TR007 wrote: »
    I’ll take the 7th please!

Fantastic, I will add you to the list.
  • Great idea, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'll take the 20th.
    Great idea, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'll take the 20th.

That's great will add you to the list.

Any more members interested in posting on any of the free days?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Lovely thread. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , can you add me for 26th December please?
    Lovely thread. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , can you add me for 26th December please?

Brilliant I will add you, cheers though I just carried the thread on I can't take credit for the idea. There have been some great posts over the years from members.

SkdxcT4.png

2nd. @Some_Kind_Of_Hero
    3rd.
    4th. @Thunderfinger
    5th.
    6th. @RichardTheBruce
    7th. @TR007
    8th.
    9th.
    10th. @goldenswissroyale
    11th. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    12th.
    13th.
    14th.
    15th.
    16th. @Agent_99
    17th.
    18th.
    19th.
    20th. @Some_Kind_Of_Hero
    21st. @Birdleson
    22nd.
    23rd.
    24th.
    25th.
    26th. @Resurrection
    27th.
    28th.
    29th.
    30th.
    31st.
    tL2aoHS.png
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,378
    December 1st
    iOLlfAx.png
    ---
    A Selection of TVTimes covers featuring James Bond
    1978.jpg
    ---
    5.png
    ---
    Bond9-For-youreyes-9.jpg
    ---
    Bond4-Golden-Gun1980-4.jpg
    ---
    Bond-10-TV-times-bond-multi.10.jpg
    ---
    9d73c9bb9ba6aea94a940e83e45ede99.jpg
    Christmas and Bond for many years was an English tradition, as a kid the first thing I would do is see which Bond film was playing on Christmas Day as soon as we purchased the festive TVTimes.
    ---
    10 Funny James Bond Commercials
    :)) Some of these commercials I have never watched before.

This never gets old :))
    ---
    Posting this for I think the third year becoming a tradition though here is to simpler times...