The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I have that helmet, but need to make the camera. I think it looks much less goofy than the one for the jet pack!
    Pleasence's Blofeld was my favorite Bond villain when I was a kid.
    He is pretty iconic.
    Bond is about to be married. Tanaka is f*****g with Bond in this scene.
    Tetsuro Tamba has some great facial expressions here as Bond looks disappointed with prospective brides until Kissy is revealed.
    Oysters! Bond gets excited for a moment only to be rejected.
    Well I won't need these. Too bad he didn't have his trusty conch chowder handy.
    I should get a small air conditioner like Bond's for the summer this year.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I have that helmet, but need to make the camera. I think it looks much less goofy than the one for the jet pack!

Good point, @QBranch! The jet pack helmet is hilarious.
    I think Connery's motorcycle helmet in NSNA looks pretty cool with his tux.
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 6,749
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Some of the music and dialogue has been remixed on some of the later DTS re-issues IMO.
    The YOLT gunbarrel music sounds fairly different in the original mix compared to the newer ones. The opening chords in the original have a "harsher" sound.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Some of the music and dialogue has been remixed on some of the later DTS re-issues IMO.
    The YOLT gunbarrel music sounds fairly different in the original mix compared to the newer ones. The opening chords in the original have a "harsher" sound.

That's what I though. The original mono is harsher and brighter to me.

There's also a difference in the dialogue audio during the M scene.

Before he leaves the office to flirt with Moneypenny he says "Yes, Sir" to M twice. In the mono version, his intonation is different as he's responding to different lines : "So move fast, 007". "Yes, Sir".....

In the remixed version it's the same line reading repeated. At least that's how it was on the 2006 UE DVD. I haven't compared the Blu-ray transfer of that scene yet.
    THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

I love the PTS opening! Christopher Lee is the man. I really wouldn't mind a Bond-less PTS some time again. The titles sequence is among my all time favorites of Binder's, very provocative and I think it matches well with the song.

Great dialogue in the M scene. Tom Mankiewicz had a knack for writing great Bond dialogue. I love Bond's pissed off expression as M says "I'll endorse your request to resign". The implication that Bond could even be remotely chickens**t or intimidated by Scaramanga gives 007 the motivation to go after Scaramanga himself.
    Scaramanga taunts Andrea. Pretty creepy scene, actually.
    Peter Murton doesn't get enough kudos for his set design work here. I think his sets are superb. Him and Allan Cameron are a bit underrated, IMO.
    Take Mr. Bond to school.
    The Chula bit is great. I love this little fight scene. Bond gets his a** kicked here.
    I love Maud Adams. One of my favorite Bond girls of all time.
    Yay!!! it's Sheriff JW Pepper!!!!!!
    This car chase is funnier than sh*t. I love this sequence.
    I love JW taking over the walkie talkie. Goodnight's facial expression is classic!!!
    The duel bit is classic. Damn, I should watch another Christopher Lee movie tonight. Lee remains my all time favorite actor.
    Bond climbing under the fun house and dropping his PPK is hilarious. Reminds me of the bit where Connery drops his gun at Palmyra. I think we need a version of this with Craig.
    If NTTD includes such a scene I will immediately rank it in my top 10 upon release.
    Goodnight, Goodnight.
    Sleep well my dear.
    No need to fear
    James Bond is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!

Astonishingly enjoyable viewing of GOLDEN GUN tonight.
    Great comments about TMWTGG. I'm a fan of the film too, as it has many captivating elements and great dialogue, as you say, though I rank some Roger Bond films higher. I'll need to watch this again soon.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I used to hate TMWTGG, but over the years. I now think it has more good points
    than Bad ( although the Bad points are Very Bad ) ;)
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Great comments about TMWTGG. I'm a fan of the film too, as it has many captivating elements and great dialogue, as you say, though I rank some Roger Bond films higher. I'll need to watch this again soon.

Thanks! it really hit the spot last night. Definitely a Bond I need to be in the mood for, but quite fun. Lee is always great.
    THE SPY WHO LOVED ME

Nice to not have to go in for an overnight shift anymore. I can devote more time to relaxing....which means Bond.
    Also I have tomorrow off (for my b-day).
    I love the Mojave Club sequence. Bond stops the employee and says : "I'm looking for a Mr. Kalba". His tone and the way he halts the guy by grabbing his arm is pretty imposing.
    I wouldn't mess with him. Roger Moore doesn't get enough credit for being tough but that was pretty bad ass. Something Connery would do.
    I also love his delivery of "My name is Bond, James Bond." Matter of fact without making a cliché of it.
    I love every frame of this Bond film.
    In certain scenes, Jaws really does look like Alfalfa with that hairstyle and outfit.
    I like the suspenders.
    Jaws destroys the van while Bond makes wisecracks. That's what I love about Roger Moore. It's pretty damned funny.
    Anya immediately identifies the vehicles problem is the cylinder head gasket.
    She didn't even have the coder to plug in. Good work.
    I would have liked to see Roger Moore's Bond attempt to fix it. That would have been funny.
    Moneypenny has very little to do in this one. The Q scene is great, though.
    M has some great moments here as well. Gogol exudes cool. He's pretty tough.
    I always loved the train fight here, my 2nd favorite in the series.
    I actually think Roger's suit would have looked better without the tie. His outfit compliments the train set design as his earlier outfit in Egypt complimented the Cairo locales.
    Other than that, his clothes are more costume-like in this one: the outfit he wears while visiting Hussein, the banana ski suit, and the wonderful Naval uniforms.
    Here we go.............Valerie Leon. My favorite.
    Ah, Caroline Munro!!! Another of my favorite Hammer Glamour ladies.
    Handsome but deadly. Great moment there. Bond put on the spot.
    Great viewing tonight.