The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Saunders is always uptight and stressed out. He needs to chill or as Arnold Williams might say, :"Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax".

I do need a copy of THE THIRD MAN. I've seen it multiple times in the cinema and yet haven't purchased the DVD or Blu-ray.
    Used to be public domain with less than desirable copies floating around on VHS.
    Bond will be public domain in 2034 apparently. That's when I think we'll get a follow up to NTTD.

I love the Pushkin interrogation scene.
    I love the rooftop chase. Barry at his best and Tim at his best.
    The legendary John Terry incarnation of Felix.
    What does everyone think of his hair? Very standard 1980's look. Reminds me of Jack Tripper. John Ritter should have cameoed as Felix here. A nice lead in to Priscilla Barnes appearance as Della in the next film.
    When Bond puts away his PPK he reaches inside his shirt.
    I don't understand for the life of me why Bond is wearing his shoulder holster INSIDE his shirt over his bare chest. It explains why 007 keeps several buttons undone on this shirt, but wouldn't that be extremely uncomfortable?
    Had THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS been a Warner Bros espionage film in the 1940's I think Koskov would have been played by Peter Lorre.
    Krabbe's performance reminds me a bit of a young Lorre.
    I need to downgrade my Blu-ray to the SE 2000 DVD just so I can see the boom mike waved as Bond and Kara are whisked away to the jail.
    I actually prefer that version anyway. Better color timing, IMO.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 15,818
    Bond gets his ass kicked in the jail before Dalton gets his first true fight sequence.
    Great scene, too.
    I post this every time I watch this film, but the jailer is decades ahead of his time.

Ken Sharrock looks very 21st century with his buzz cut. EVERYONE (shouted like Gary Oldman) wears that haircut in this day and age. Damn, even Bond in SKYFALL goes for the Ken Sharrock look.

Great minor villain. He died way too young back in 2005.
    Unpopular opinion, but the scenes in Afghanistan are my favorite in the film.
    Kamran Shah is an underrated ally, IMO.
    Great choice for my first Bond watch of 2021. A classic that remains in my top 10.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond gets his ass kicked in the jail before Dalton gets his first true fight sequence.
    Great scene, too.
    I post this every time I watch this film, but the jailer is decades ahead of his time.

Ken Sharrock looks very 21st century with his buzz cut. EVERYONE (shouted like Gary Oldman) wears that haircut in this day and age. Damn, even Bond in SKYFALL goes for the Ken Sharrock look.

Great minor villain. He died way too young back in 2005.

I do love those scenes but the Jailer's scouse accent is really distracting! 😄
    Okay guys, I'm back on my favorite thread...............

My late girlfriend's favorite Bond film was

LIVE AND LET DIE

so I'll watch this one in tribute to her.

She had been to New Orleans many times and we talked about taking a trip there one day. Oh, well. I would have wanted to scout all the Bond locations. She loved the 1970's and films and television from that decade.

The Hamilton death scene is funny.
    Bains is even funnier.

The titles....possibly my favorite in the series.
    She loved the theme song and would play it in her car.
    She used to say "There are no BAD Bond films. Just some are better than others."
    Words of wisdom.

Took time for her to warm to Dalton and Craig, though.
    I can thank CHUCK for her later appreciation of Dalton.
    I can thank SKYFALL for her appreciation of Craig.

Bond is woken up by M............................
    I love Sir Roger's hair in the M scene.
    In fact this film features my all time favorite Bond haircut.
    Roger looks damn good here.

Okay, I've switched back from the original MONO sound to STEREO.
    It does sound a bit louder.
    Whisper who dares.....................

"Easy Charlie. Let's get there in one piece."

Roger at his smoothest.
    347 Nelson David George.

Bond easily remembers the licence plate number to report to Felix.
    I always loved the New York scenes.
    Arnold Williams! YES!!!!!!!
    It's hard to believe it's been a couple weeks since I last watched a Bond.
    Perfect choice for a day like today.
    I understand the block the Fillet of Soul was located looks nothing like that today.
    Pity.
    It's extra for no ice.

My favorite "Bond, James Bond" in the series.
    I love it even more than DR NO .
    DR NO was Christine's other favorite Bond film.

I love Tee Hee. Great Bond villain.
    Anytime I want to annoy my friends by laughing I try and do Tee Hee's laugh.

This film is almost never out of my top 10. I think it made it into my top 5 on my latest ranking.
    I really wouldn't mind if B26 ends up something low key and entertaining like this.
    Here we go........ a GREAT hotel suite sequence.
    I always liked scenes of Bond in his hotel room checking for bugs, looking the place over, etc.
    Another scene in which Roger's hair looks spot on.
    The Bond and Rosie bit is pretty funny as well. One great line after another.
    Tom Mankiewicz doesn't get enough kudos as a Bond writer, IMO.
    I find his dialogue to be brilliant.
    Up in the hills down there.
    Tee-Hee finds it funny when Kananga gets frustrated with Solitaire.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 15,818
    The Plane sequence at the airport is classic. Mrs Bell.
    This film has one of my fave climactic endings. I love Syd Cain's sets.
    The legendary turtleneck.
    After being momentarily distracted, my Bondathon tribute to my beloved departed girlfriend continues with ...........

GOLDFINGER.

This was another favorite of hers.
    Connery in fine form here looking as cool as ever behind the wheel of his DB5.

I'm at the sneaky Bond sequence where he investigates Auric Enterprises.
    This is still my number 1 Bond epic.
    SPOILER ALERT:

Bond arrives at Auric Stud and chills out for the rest of the movie.

Honor Blackman is easily one of my favorite Bond girls.
    Cec Linder is easily NOT one of my favorite Felix Leiters.
    (Actually, he's not too bad).

Bond could have gotten the VIP treatment had he not insulted Goldfinger immediately upon arrival.
    I love Gert Frobe's reaction shot.
    Classic!
    Mr Solo isn't buying Auric's scheme.
    Bond falls flat on his face.
    Here comes one of my favorite scenes: Felix drives around for nothing while Solo gets crushed. Barry's score is dynamic here.
    I like the bit where Oddjob shoots Solo.
    I love junkyard scenes. "You always wanted to fly, Kent! Now's your chance!!!"
    This one isn't quite as funny. There's a great junkyard scene in MY GUN IS QUICK.

Bond and Pussy in the barn. Although Bond plants the first kiss forcibly......I'm of the opinion Ms. Galore dictated how far they went afterwards and probably ended up taking charge like Mayday did to Sir Roger's Bond.
    At least that's my 2 cents on this topic.

The raid on Ft Knox is classic. Absolutely love Barry's score/

Bond takes some punishment during the Oddjob fight. He's getting creamed.
    I like that Felix and his buddies have to run down those flights of stairs with only seconds to go before the bomb goes off.
    Connery does look pretty stressed here.
    Here we go...........the Goldfinger fight scene.
    Yes!

Well this was a fun double feature to tribute my beloved departed girlfriend.
    Nice to get back into the swing of things. But it will take time.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,627
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Okay guys, I'm back on my favorite thread...............

My late girlfriend's favorite Bond film was

LIVE AND LET DIE

so I'll watch this one in tribute to her.

She used to say "There are no BAD Bond films. Just some are better than others."
    Words of wisdom.

Your late girlfriend’s wonderful sentiment are “words of wisdom” indeed @ToTheRight. I hope things are getting better for you after your loss.

My late mother’s favorite Bond film was Goldfinger. And occasionally, when I watch GF, I’ll place a picture of her by the TV so that she can “watch” it. I know it sounds a bit silly, but the Bond series really does connect us with friends and family – even if they are no longer with us.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, I have so many great memories of Watching Bond with my Late Parents at Christmas etc. I can still remember the jokes and comments, on stunts or some of Bond's innuendos.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 6,820
    Reminds me of watching MR with my brother many years ago!
    My late Dad came into the room during the pts freefall scene. "Thats stupid...you couldnt be up in the air for that long!!" Me and my brother chuckled!
    It's funny how when a scene pops up a specific memory is triggered. I know that every time I watch LTK I'll remember my girlfriend laughing when Krest's head explodes.
    She also laughed during the BMW caviar factory sequence in TWINE at the shot of Bond's gear shift changing.
    Yes, indeed, @Dwayne the Bond films really do connect us with loved ones.
    These memories will last forever.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

Why didn't I think of this before? It perfectly suits my grieving/mourning situation.
    If only we had a faithful YOLT adaptation.

Anyway- a few minutes in and we get Camille.
    I actually like the editing of QOS. It's pretty tight.
    I love Camille, my favorite Craig era Bond girl.
    Completely in the mood for this film .

Well I missed!!!!
    Very Connery esque moment there as Craig commandeers that vehicle.

The legendary Dominic Greene. Reminds me a bit of Brandauer's Largo, and that's not a bad thing to me.