The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I really do like this adaptation, though.
    Television noir.
    I should track down a copy that has the ending someday,
    Bond is stressing out over Valerie. He's freaking out, whereas Felix, uh, I mean Clarence keeps his cool.
    Leiter remains badass.
    "This gun is completely silent, I suppose.
    The torture scene is legendary and even funnier than in the Craig version.
    Peter Lorre has always been one of my favorite actors, from his horror films to noir.
    As a kid I loved when villainous actors like Lorre or Christopher lee would be connected to Bond. Made me appreciate those films even more.
    It's 5 in the morning, and just like Bogie in CASABLANCA I'm wide awake while everyone else in New York is asleep.

That means only one thing and there's only ONE man who can who can make this wasted time worthwhile..............

In other words.........it's time for my Bond fix...................

THUNDERBALL

Love the gunbarrel- Connery in color! Or rather, stumbling Connery in color.
    I showed this one to my late girlfriend many times....the last time she cheered at Connery during the GB. She couldn't identity the films based on just the gunbarrel ( the way most of us on here can) so she was thrilled I had chosen a Connery movie.

John Barry rules the universe. I love the PTS and already this film is damned near being my number 1 again.
    I actually prefer the Tom Jones song to Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
    It's just more bad ass, especially with Tom Jones belting it out the way he does.
    I particularly love Binder's titles this time 'round.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I actually prefer the Tom Jones song to Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
    It's just more bad ass, especially with Tom Jones belting it out the way he does.
    I particularly love Binder's titles this time 'round.

It is perhaps the best titles in the series.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 15,850
    Moneypenny has an odd looking blouse. Okay, here we go.............sneaky Bond at Shrublands.
    Fiona Volpe is one of my favorites. Paul Stassino appeared in several SAINT episodes with Sir Roger. I like Derval's watch. I should try and find one like that. I always liked military watches.
    As a kid, I thought the stealing of the missiles was the boring section immensely improved in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN. Today I'm thoroughly enthralled.
    I like to roll my sleeves all the way up like Sean.
    Bond is walking around Shrublands barefoot. I think he should be wearing shoes.
    At least he didn't just throw on a black bathrobe like in NSNA.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He'll know it if he steps on a piece of Lego !
    The pilots are grubbing on homemade sandwiches like Kevin Costner in THE UNTOUCHABLES.
    This is one Bond film I've seen on the big screen a few times.
    He'll know it if he steps on a piece of Lego !

Right!

I love the M scene: He sticks up for 007 after having scolded him in front the entire Double O section.
    Domino!!!!!!!!!!! My all time favorite Bond girl.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 15,850
    Paula seems a little bored whereas Bond is having a blast flirting with Domino.
    In a deleted scene, Bond drops off his tux at the rental shop and changes back to his earlier shorts and pink shirt outfit.
    Just kidding.
    The BEST actor ever to play Felix Leiter. There was a time when Rik Van Nutter seemed to be the most popular Felix.
    I like him enough, but prefer Jack Lord.
    As iconic as the orange is, I'd probably chose Connery's black scuba gear from NSNA if I were investigate the Disco Volante underwater at night.
    I love the bit where Bond hitches a ride with Fiona. Great scene and classic Connery.
    I love Fiona's accent. I'm glad she wasn't dubbed like everyone else. I imagine Claudine's real voice probably would have worked fine.
    Paula is lounging about, slacking on the job.
    Bond pawns Felix off on Domino. I wonder how the rest of her evening went? Did Felix bore her to tears?
    I like when Bond drops his gun off the roof. Great facial expression.
    Tell him Paula's dead.
    Okay.
    Pinder is great.
    The Fiona seduction sequence is one of my favorites in the series. Connery as witty as ever. Bondian cool is defined as he hands her the slippers.
    .........and we get to the ending as Bond and Domino fly off into the skies.
    Another great viewing!
    YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE

Bond and Aki are hanging out at the sumo wrestling match. I've always liked Connery's suit in these scenes.

Here we go............Henderson. The legendary Charles Gray. Only four years between this and DAF and both he and Connery look substantially different. With Gray, though I think it's the haircut.

Been more in the mood for Connery and Craig films lately, yet this year has seen a drastic dip in my Bond viewings.

On this viewing I find the Blu-ray to look quite impressive. The sound is quite good as well. I usually will go for the original mono audio tracks for the earlier films. Some of the music and dialogue has been remixed on some of the later DTS re-issues IMO. I believe there was an 007 magazine article about that years ago when Lowery did the re-mastering.
    Bond takes a bath. One of my favorite scenes in the series.
    It's kind of a pity Austin Powers seemed to spoof this particular film more than the others. Feels like a whole generation of films goers would soon dismiss these films as silly or campy without having watched them.
    Bond is three and a half minutes early.
    I always liked Karin Dor. Great Bond girl, IMO.
    Kobe Docks is another of my favorite scenes in the series thanks to John Barry.
    Bond could have looked pretty goofy during the Little Nellie sequence wearing that helmet. Connery, however pulls it off.
    The classic DR NO recording of the Bond theme returns with a vengeance.
    This is really hitting the spot, taking me back to my childhood.
    YOLT was one of the first VHS films my folks rented after we got our first VHS player. A friend of mine came over from school, my folks took us out for pizza and we rented this particular Bond. I don't believe he'd ever seen a Bond film before. About a year later I'd record a copy from the ABC Sunday Night Movie (amazingly with very little cut). That copy looked extremely faded and washed out.