Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, I'm not too fond of that shot, either, but it beats surfing on a jet, in my opinion. I'm not really worried about the scope of this one, because it's obviously going for a massive scale, so I'll just take what they give me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How much farther can Die Hard go until it isn't even really Die Hard anymore? :-<
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 553
    How much farther can Die Hard go until it isn't even really Die Hard anymore? :-<

Funny you should note that Brady - none of the sequels were intended to be Die Hard films at the outset of their development. I read this a few days ago - interesting info in the first part.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-simple-rules-not-screwing-up-die-hard-sequel/

Funny you should note that Brady - none of the sequels were intended to be Die Hard films at the outset of their development. I read this a few days ago - interesting info in the first part.

I read that the other day, as well. They just need to do a sequel to some random action TV show, and then change it to the next 'Die Hard,' and we'll have a winner on our hands.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I read that the other day, as well. They just need to do a sequel to some random action TV show, and then change it to the next 'Die Hard,' and we'll have a winner on our hands.

I think their 'adopting other scripts' strategy really only worked for Die Hard With A Vengeance. The movies should have never gone past the scale of that film.. really should have never gone past that film period.

But we're slamming DH5 before it's out. Let's be patient.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not even Die Hard has ever been Die Hard. What a shame.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    They should've stopped after the 3rd film.

4 was good fun but wasn't really like a Die Hard film and this looks the same (although maybe having some proper swearing back will help).
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    They should've stopped after the 3rd film.

4 was good fun but wasn't really like a Die Hard film and this looks the same (although maybe having some proper swearing back will help).

Exactly. 4 was a great film, but I wouldn't say a great DIE HARD film. You would be hard pressed to defend that as a Die Hard film, especially around purists. Die Hard 5 seems to be more of the same.
  • 4 shouldn't have been called Die Hard. It should've been a whole new Bruce Willis film and DH 5 should've been the sequel to that.
    4 shouldn't have been called Die Hard. It should've been a whole new Bruce Willis film and DH 5 should've been the sequel to that.

I could actually see that working.
    4 shouldn't have been called Die Hard. It should've been a whole new Bruce Willis film and DH 5 should've been the sequel to that.

To be fair, if they had done that wouldn't we just be questioning why they didn't just make Die Hard 4 & 5? (Well.. we still ask that, but you get what I mean)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

To be fair, if they had done that wouldn't we just be questioning why they didn't just make Die Hard 4 & 5? (Well.. we still ask that, but you get what I mean)

Or we could say: "Wow, this is so unlike Die Hard. I am glad they didn't make another one after 3."
    Die Hard is about John McClane so why aren't 4 or 5 allowed to be called Die Hard?

I found all 4 movies very entertaining with the 1st being the best, but speaking for myself I love Bruce Willis in this movie series.

It's already happened. Not to say the Live Free or Die Hard/Die Hard 4.0 is BAD, but when you compare that film to the first film, not much has transferred over.
    SJK91 wrote:

It's already happened. Not to say the Live Free or Die Hard/Die Hard 4.0 is BAD, but when you compare that film to the first film, not much has transferred over.

I know, hence these popping up everywhere in my posts:

:-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-< :-<

Look at the poor things, they look like audiences watching DAD.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I just got back from seeing "The Last Stand" and one of the trailers was a new A Good Day to Die Hard trailer. After seeing it I'm really pumped for it!
    I just got back from seeing "The Last Stand" and one of the trailers was a new A Good Day to Die Hard trailer. After seeing it I'm really pumped for it!

Was it the newer trailer they released, or something that isn't online yet?
  • It was the newer one.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    New clip..
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99398

Excuse the language, but it looks like what Ronald Reagan would call the Democratic platform. :(

Whose there? Not John McClane
    Knock knock :D
    Eh? Looks more like Mcclane than the 4th one because he's actually having some fun. It's Nice to see Willis cracking a smile and some one liners. He seemed a bit more po faced than usual in the last one.

Looks like fun. Editing isn't great but maybe they cut it down a bit, it's only a clip after all.

I'd prefer it if it was set entirely in the prison but it seems like a DH 3 type scenario where it's restricted to part of a city.

Looks much better than other films I've seen trailers for that are being released in 2013.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    New clip..
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99398

Excuse the language, but it looks like what Ronald Reagan would call the Democratic platform. :(

Whose there? Not John McClane

Looks more like McClane of the first than the mellow McClane of the 4th film.

Exactly what I thought. And that's made me more excited for this even though some of the recent trailers have made me think it'll be too OTT.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,509
    I wanted to steer clear from the clip - sometimes they release some big spoilers in those - but because of you all drawing comparisons from how he is in the first film instead of the fourth, I decided to watch it.

Looks good - Willis is hilarious - but what's with that editing? I, too, think they were just cutting the scene together, hence that laughable editing. And who does Willis tell to "Get out of the way!"? There's nobody there! Haha.

Also...why is it so blue? Everything is either blue or orange these days: posters, trailers, films. It's really disconcerting.

Exactly what I thought. And that's made me more excited for this even though some of the recent trailers have made me think it'll be too OTT.

They'll be doing well to beat the last one in terms of OTT-ness. I rewatched all of them this week and the 4th one, while a very solid actioner and head and shoulders above others of the same genre, really did suffer from the PG-13 rating.

If they pack in a lot of bang for your buck, and make sure the R-rating is used wisely, then I think this will be a nice installment. It certainly has a nice look to it in terms of cinematography - the grey tones remind me of Die Hard With A Vengeance.

And yes, I think the scene has been trimmed for clip purposes. It'll look much better in the final product.
    What throws me off is how many awkward shots of him getting hit there are. That sequence looks like the result of a burrito-fed horse.

But then I figured he may get hit, then stay on the hood cussing until the driver stops.. and they can't show that.

At least that's what I'm hoping. :-??
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    What throws me off is how many awkward shots of him getting hit there are. That sequence looks like the result of a burrito-fed horse.

But then I figured he may get hit, then stay on the hood cussing until the driver stops.. and they can't show that.

I didn't really like the Sound FX at that part either :P
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Exactly. I think the 'oof uh AH! ooh eeh' was foley covering up curse words. Notice you don't really see his mouth during that part. It is rated R...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Exactly. I think the 'oof uh AH! ooh eeh' was foley covering up curse words. Notice you don't really see his mouth during that part. It is rated R...

I agree. I have to say the behind the scenes footage and previews make the film look better than the trailers and this clip do! This for example!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ren4NlYdbRw
    I just bought the box set for £10.00 today for the first four movies! Bargain! :-bd