Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• I somehow found this, and it's pretty funny. It's the 2nd trailer in Punjabi, and the dub is horrible :) This also has some more shots of that lady (the one that undresses) because she's apparently a superstar.... somewhere.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The third clip has been released:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99544
    Part 4 was a good film but it had a bit too much action. I will see Part 5 but after seeing the trailer I don't feel entirely enthused.

Has there ever been any mention in the previous 4 films that Maclean has a son?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bounine wrote:
    Part 4 was a good film but it had a bit too much action. I will see Part 5 but after seeing the trailer I don't feel entirely enthused.

Yes, I believe there was. McClane's son was even going to be in Die Hard 4, but they instead opted for Justin Long's character and brought in Lucy. It would be great to see all the McClane's together for Die Hard 6, which is hopefully the end.
  • Bounine wrote:

His son and daugher were in the first one.
  • Tv spots:

New clips:

Bounine wrote:

His son and daugher were in the first one.

Damn, I've seen the first one several times and I only remember his wife. Will have to see it again. I will either see no. 5 today or next weekend.

• jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Wonder when Terminator 5 and Rocky 7 are coming out lol
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Is anyone else not in love with the pale greenish color this film has to it? I find it extremely ugly.
  • The editing better be better in the actual movie, or this is going to be the worst Die Hard film ever
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Die Hard ended at 3 for me
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    edited February 2013 Posts: 290
    This should be cool! I love Die Hard!

Bruce Willis is kinda getting on a bit, but then I also love The Expendables 2 so erm.. yeah should be good!

Yippee ki-yay!

edited February 2013 Posts: 40,512
    They re-released the 'Die Hard' films on blu-ray (again) in celebration of this one, and they finally put out the unrated edition of 'Live Free or Die Hard.' Shame I already have it, but I'm seriously debating getting it.

Seeing 'A Good Day To Die Hard' next weekend!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    They re-released the 'Die Hard' films on blu-ray (again) in celebration of this one, and they finally put out the unrated edition of 'Live Free or Die Hard.' Shame I already have it, but I'm seriously debating getting it.

Seeing 'A Good Day To Die Hard' next weekend!

I won't even bother getting the Blu-ray collection until they finally quit beating this dead horse and release the entire series (which at that point would have officially ended). I have no aspirations to see this film any time soon, either. It hasn't made me feel an ounce of excitement since it was announced, and I may even wait for the DVD/BR releases.
    The movie looks like a video game.

That is not a good thing.
    On a ranking of

Cinema Viewing
    Blu-Ray/DVD Purchase
    Rental
    Bootleg
    and
    Don't Bother

I give it a solid Bootleg.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    On a ranking of

Cinema Viewing
    Blu-Ray/DVD Purchase
    Rental
    Bootleg
    and
    Don't Bother

I give it a solid Bootleg.

What no illegal download???? O:-)

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    As someone who's seen all the films from Die Hard 2 onwards at the cinema, judging on this review I won't be spending my hard earned cash on No. 5

I know you should make your own mind up but with the price of cinema tickets these days I'm happy to wait to see this on the box thanks, the review is not complimentary at all and seems to have highlighted the kind of fears I had for this 5th instalment. I can't say it has been noted on my calendar but I was hoping it might surprise me but judging by this it seems to have drifted far from what it once was, see for yourselves.

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/02/review-a-good-day-to-die-hard.html
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'll wait for some more reviews, if the response is really bad then I'll wait but if it's more of a mixed reception then I'll see it and make my own mind up.

If you scroll down th the comments section of that review, the reviewer just seems unhappy that every film wasn't just a clone of the first one.
    Bruce was a guest on "The One Show" the other night here in the UK! OMG what a nightmare interview! He just looked bored and uninterested! X_X
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Bruce was a guest on "The One Show" the other night here in the UK! OMG what a nightmare interview! He just looked bored and uninterested! X_X

That's got a lot of people talking. God knows what was going on. Drunk, mad, jet lagged, on drugs, who knows?
    What a bad review. Still, I don't let reviews deteriorate my outlook on a film, and I'll still be seeing it this upcoming weekend.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What a bad review. Still, I don't let reviews deteriorate my outlook on a film, and I'll still be seeing it this upcoming weekend.

Me too. :D
    SaintMark wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Good. I just can't go from looking forward to a movie to despising the thought of seeing it based off of some anonymous review on the Internet. Who cares? That's possible for any movie you loved: what if I read a scathing review of 'Munich' and decided not to see it? Terrible mindset.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 3,333
    The reviewer pretty much sums up how I feel about the Die Hard sequels so it's not a stretch to say he's probably got the measure of the fifth one about right. I agree with him that McClane's character has developed almost beyond recognition and is no longer the loveable regular guy that I enjoyed in the first two movies. I'll watch it, but I won't be first in the queue. In fact it's got download written all over it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've heard some liken it to Die Hard 2 at the bottom of the pile, so if that's true, all we can hope for is the last one lets the Die Hard series go out in style.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694

Yeah...he's a tad off...
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,310
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I've heard some liken it to Die Hard 2 at the bottom of the pile, so if that's true, all we can hope for is the last one lets the Die Hard series go out in style.
    Die Hard 2 is a good movie! I just don't get how people can hate on it so much. It was never going to be as good as the original, but as an action film, Die Hard 2 is a success.

Die Hard with a Vengeance is mostly a great film up until that atrocious ending. Then it's about as good as DH2.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Good. I just can't go from looking forward to a movie to despising the thought of seeing it based off of some anonymous review on the Internet. Who cares? That's possible for any movie you loved: what if I read a scathing review of 'Munich' and decided not to see it? Terrible mindset.

"Terrible" and "Munich" in the same sentence? Unlikely. B-)