The Race to be the Next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom [Theresa May the new PM - 13 July 2016]

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I hope people bought stocks/shares like I told them to after the rout. I did rather well from this little episode. The next game is about to begin - expect US stocks to get a boost in order to facilitate Clinton's election - we can't have gloom and doom about the US economy now.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    Boris is going to keep things interesting and his future political aspirations are still, at least for the time being, intact. I'm glad he's the foreign secretary pick. It's a signal to the EU that Britain is open 'globally' for business first and foremost.

You sometimes make it look as if there's only the UK and a new country called EU.

There are also: The Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany.......just to name a few other sovereign countries.

By the way, it's lovely to see Brits in here being so positive. But we're only one month after Brexit. 6 months from now we will have a better picture on how Brexit will influence the British economy. Don't cheer just yet.

http://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2117578-brexit-heeft-grote-gevolgen-voor-britse-economie.html?title=brexit-heeft-grote-gevolgen-voor-britse-economie

That's funny, the remain side wasn't so patient when they started screamed about the markets collapsing the day after Brexit.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So far Britain's doing fine....... no Apocalypse yet :))
    We were told by the experts vote leave on 23 and 24 = the end of the world.
    Perhaps if Remain had told less lies or end of days stories but told some facts
    They may have won ?
    Others can be full of doom and gloom if they want, I'm excited for Britain :)>-
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    You sometimes make it look as if there's only the UK and a new country called EU.

There are also: The Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany.......just to name a few other sovereign countries.
    It's important for those still in the EU to keep believing that.
    The EU, one parliament, one anthem soon one army ? .... sounds
    Like a country to me. :D
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    So far Britain's doing fine....... no Apocalypse yet :))
    We were told by the experts vote leave on 23 and 24 = the end of the world.
    Perhaps if Remain had told less lies or end of days stories but told some facts
    They may have won ?
    Others can be full of doom and gloom if they want, I'm excited for Britain :)>-

-As I'm less of an EGOIST, I'm EXCITED not only but also For The WORLD..!
    (not everything is coming FROM uk; a LOT is COMING TO uk-
    -do the math' will You..!..!

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

By the way, it's lovely to see Brits in here being so positive. But we're only one month after Brexit. 6 months from now we will have a better picture on how Brexit will influence the British economy. Don't cheer just yet.

That's it; keep on plugging that fear campaign and I'm sure the vote will be overturned eventually.

The day after the vote it was 'look at what a disaster Brexit was for the economy'. Now just a few weeks later you've extended that to 6 months. So by Xmas you will threatening us with disaster by 2050.
    I agree that six months from now we'll have a better picture of the effects of Brexit... Which is why the Remainders should stop whining and cry wolf.
    A wise man never tries to warm himself in front of a painting of a fire
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,053

& it's very interesting - nay telling - to see the views of those who have most likely never experienced true sovereignty (by that I mean life outside the EU) by virtue of youth to automatically assume that the UK is incapable of progression both economically & socially outside the soon to be USE.

Time will indeed tell - however I remain unshakable in my belief in my country & it's ability to thrive without a third party at the helm.

I am reminded of a speech made by that great leader Winston Churchill (who kept us out of the war) which he delivered to the House of Commons on the 4th of August 1940:

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler if you think we are on the run. We are the boys who will (not?) stop your little game, we are the boys who will make you think again. Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler if you think old England is done."

Replace Hitler with EU & its acolytes & you have a speech which is as relevant today as it was then.

A wise man never tries to warm himself in front of a painting of a fire

-A Wise Man Knows He Is Not A Wise Man; A Wise Woman Always SUSPECTS She's A Wise Woman-...And There's The FOX......!..!

The chicken that clucks the loudest is the one most likely to go to the Steamfitter's Picnic.
    The chicken that clucks the loudest is the one most likely to go to the Steamfitter's Picnic.

-A Wise Man Knows He Is Not A Wise Man; A Wise Woman Always SUSPECTS She's A Wise Woman-...And There's The FOX......!..!
    Only someone with nothing to be sorry about smiles back at the rear end of an elephant
    Only someone with nothing to be sorry about smiles back at the rear end of an elephant
    -It wasn't an Elephant-It Was A Foxx..!..!

My previous answer, direct you I must.
    Dr Thunderpussy And The Evil Foxx..!
    When an owl comes to a mouse picnic, it's not there for the sack races
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Guys, there's no need to spam both of these threads with whatever you two are discussing. Keep it on topic, please.

-When An Owl Sees And Hears Me, He Knows Who's 'The Boss' - And For The Mouse In Question-He Knows, That Where I Am-There's The Foxx...!

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2016 Posts: 9,117

-When An Owl Sees And Hears Me, He Knows Who's 'The Boss' - And For The Mouse In Question-He Knows, That Where I Am-There's The Foxx...!

You've warned him once @Creasy. Any chance of you putting him out of our misery so we don't have to read any more of this shite?

You've warned him once @Creasy. Any chance of you putting him out of our misery so we don't have to read any more of this shite?

-I was the one being attacked; I did not see creasy's comment until now.
    You weren't being "attacked" I was obviously agreeing with your very salient points :(

Good news for house buyers, prices down by around 5%, that should help
    Any new house buyers, for a while at least. So more good news ! :)
    You weren't being "attacked" I was obviously agreeing with your very salient points :(

Good news for house buyers, prices down by around 5%, that should help
    Any new house buyers, for a while at least. So more good news ! :)

-My, My-do they even know that Salieri was a 'Foxx'-And That Presidents did know about Him?!..!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    At least Boris won't be a worse Foreign Secretary than France's Jean-Marc Ayrault, who mistakenly said in an interview this morning that the current Syrian President was Saddam Hussein (and not Bachar Al-Assad).
    :)) Let's see how many will be laughing if President Trump takes over. ;)
    One question: How will Brexit influence Pinewood Studio's and...for us very important.....EON Productions? How would Barbara Broccoli & Michael Wilson look at Brexit?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I wonder what the results of the next general election will be, post Brexit? Personally I feel the Conservatives will lose seats and be forced to form a coalition Government with UKIP. I also think that Labour and lib dems will remain nonentities.
This discussion has been closed.