Blade Runner 2049/Blade Runner 2099 Live-Action Sequel Series Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to that. I am really curious about this movie.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Superb!!! Can't wait to see that!! :-bd
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,813
    Not sure if this is real or fan made, but I am sure it's awesome looking!

17966754_1432244190148086_1778738017188204845_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=69fe452de8abdcab9382bbac9835731a&oe=598892F1
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Sadly, nothing came of it. They showed off footage and a new trailer at two back-to-back cinematic conventions, with the trailer being "confirmed" to drop after, but it wasn't the case. Hopefully we get one soon.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Sadly, nothing came of it. They showed off footage and a new trailer at two back-to-back cinematic conventions, with the trailer being "confirmed" to drop after, but it wasn't the case. Hopefully we get one soon.
    Yes, hopefully. I saw the teaser lately at the cinema, after heaving seen it several times on the internet, and on the big screen it really gave me goosebumps. My initial scepticism despite Villeneuve gave way to unmitigated curiosity.

I've heard nothing but praise regarding the footage shown over the last couple of minutes. Many are saying it's eerily close to the look and feel of the original, which is terrific news.
    I've heard nothing but praise regarding the footage shown over the last couple of minutes. Many are saying it's eerily close to the look and feel of the original, which is terrific news.
    One thing that convinced me about the first teaser is that it doesn´t seem too close to the original, but standing very much on its own legs. I would much prefer it that way. The closer it´s going to be to the original in look and feel, the bigger the danger that it will feel like an unnecessary sequel.
    But I won´t complain if I´m wrong ;-).

I wouldn't say so; going with as many practical effects and sets as possible like the original, along with keeping that dark, noir feel, look, and sound? Count me in. Better than them doing a complete CG-ridden, dull overhaul that hardly feels like a sequel to its successor.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have confidence in Villeneuve that he'll deliver. He's up to the task.
    I wouldn't say so; going with as many practical effects and sets as possible like the original, along with keeping that dark, noir feel, look, and sound? Count me in. Better than them doing a complete CG-ridden, dull overhaul that hardly feels like a sequel to its successor.
    That´s more or less exactly what I meant ;-).

Half of the shots from the trailer (in the desert, and in the building) feature a look not to be seen anywhere in the original, yet they contain purposeful expression, and something that doesn´t try to but manages to link to the original. That´s what fascinates me so far.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    That´s more or less exactly what I meant ;-).

Half of the shots from the trailer (in the desert, and in the building) feature a look not to be seen anywhere in the original, yet they contain purposeful expression, and something that doesn´t try to but manages to link to the original. That´s what fascinates me so far.

Apologies! I get what you mean - we were both getting at the same thing, for sure, but I misconstrued your earlier post. Definitely in agreement, it's different-yet-similar at the same time. I cannot wait for a new trailer, just to get an even better feel for what we're in store for. I've heard the newest trailer shows off a lot more characters (such as Ana de Armas and whoever Robin Wright plays) and some action scenes, too.
    @Creasy47, no need to apologize ;-).
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,372
    The second trailer will (finally) be attached to 'Alien: Covenant,' so expect it online a couple of days before May 19th at the earliest. In the meantime, here's a new image:

17991033_1278712062243918_4996816983731842405_n.jpg?oh=4c2314c43dcb5ee56eb0d2eb387826fd&oe=59C1BFE3
    Nice raincoat! The backdrop looks not quite finished.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Nice raincoat! The backdrop looks not quite finished.

I'm not sure if it's an official photo or a BTS one; probably the latter, like the storyboard photo they shared a few weeks back.
    That coat looks a little bit like what Joanna Cassidy wore in BR.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. When I first saw that image, I immediately pictured Zhora jumping through the glass as she gets shot.

My thoughts exactly. When I first saw that image, I immediately pictured Zhora jumping through the glass as she gets shot.

Accompanied by the very best bit of music Vangelis composed for this film, at least IMO.

Accompanied by the very best bit of music Vangelis composed for this film, at least IMO.

I think I'm in agreement here. That score is as recognizable and memorable as the scene is for me. If I didn't loan my copy to my friend, I'd pop it in right now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,686
    Amazing!!!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Awesome, if I may say so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm seeing the unparalleled expertise of Deakins in these posters.
    I´m surprised in a positive way by how ready to kick ass Harrison Ford looks.
    MAN, I cannot wait for this movie. This and 'IT' are my most anticipated for the year. Roll on Monday, which is when we'll hopefully have that new trailer to drool over.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,372
    That didn't take long. Here's the trailer tease for the upcoming trailer. These are annoying, but I'll take any new footage. Full trailer confirmed for Monday:

Can't wait for the trailer! I'm really looking forward to Johann Johannsson's score for this. It will be difficult to top Vangelis, but I think he could do the film justice.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,372
    bondjames wrote: »
    Can't wait for the trailer! I'm really looking forward to Johann Johannsson's score for this. It will be difficult to top Vangelis, but I think he could do the film justice.

Indeed. Hopefully he incorporates some tracks that really evoke Vangelis' work on the original.

EDIT: They also released a second tease:

My word that looks beautiful! Deakins is a genius.
    Indeed. Hopefully he incorporates some tracks that really evoke Vangelis' work on the original.
    The only chance to pull that off would be to not try to evoke Vangelis.
    Having said that, I´m d*** f***** curious about this film!