Blade Runner 2049/Blade Runner 2099 Live-Action Sequel Series Discussion

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Where's the other 2048 Blade Runner movies? ;)

Disney is working on those, I'm sure, @Murdock. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Where's the other 2048 Blade Runner movies? ;)

Disney is working on those, I'm sure, @Murdock. :D
    @DarthDimi, I'm still waiting on "Honey, I Shrunk the Grandkids" and "The Incredibles 2." Step it up Disney! Less Marvel more Marvels! :))
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 5,767
    I guess it was pretty inevitable they were going to put "Blade Runner" somewhere in the title, huh? I'd have preferred "Dangerous Days" or "Do Androids Dream?" but I could probably get behind "2049," even if the title is 100% marketing driven.
    Even so, great sounding title.

Compared to the new Batman movie, the new Wolverine movie, and the latest Bourne movie, I think BLADE RUNNER 2049 is a pretty decent title.
    14570580_1066899306758529_820220587139382866_o.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to see the blaster making a return, and the style of that room is very reminiscent of certain scenes in the original. Like I've said before, I never needed a sequel to the original at all, but considering everyone involved, this is my most anticipated movie right now.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Nice to see the blaster making a return, and the style of that room is very reminiscent of certain scenes in the original. Like I've said before, I never needed a sequel to the original at all, but considering everyone involved, this is my most anticipated movie right now.

Completely agree. I always balked at the idea of a Blade Runner sequel—of all films I can't imagine one that less requires a sequel—but as they're doing it anyway, I'll be damned if they aren't making the best possible decisions every step of the way. We'll see what turns up in theaters this time next year.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope Adam Savage is involved with the film given how much he loves that Blade Runner blaster.
    /\ That's a great picture!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I've got a replica of that whiskey glass from Blade Runner. Birthday present from the wife!
    Weighs a ton!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birthday present from the wife!
    Weighs a ton!

Tell her gently, don t talk about her like that here.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Villeneuve, Scott, Deakins, Gassner, Johannsson (who seems to be channeling Vangelis while also bringing his trademark style). That's just the back end, without even considering the incredible cast. This is just going to be awesome!
    One of the too see movies next year. I am more stoked about this one and the next Alien movie by Rdiley Scott than an new 007 movie with Craig & Mendes.
    That looks very good!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Not sure yet what to make of it.
    The most impressive thing about it is how iconic the soundscape of the original was, invoking immediate associations with single noises and bits of soundtrack music. I´m more sure than ever that the film will sound different. I wouldn´t mind to be proven wrong if it´s going to be worth it.
    Apart from that the teaser certainly teases, but it´s possible that the scene with Ford is from the end of the film, and the teaser doesn´t really seem to show where the film is headed visually or intellectually.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Not sure yet what to make of it.
    The most impressive thing about it is how iconic the soundscape of the original was, invoking immediate associations with single noises and bits of soundtrack music. I´m more sure than ever that the film will sound different. I wouldn´t mind to be proven wrong if it´s going to be worth it.
    Apart from that the teaser certainly teases, but it´s possible that the scene with Ford is from the end of the film, and the teaser doesn´t really seem to show where the film is headed visually or intellectually.

So a decent trailer that wets your appetite instead of spoiling the movie. I prefer this kind of trailer far better.

As I wrote, I´m not at all sure if it doesn´t spoil the movie...
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I love BR - I am very sceptical about BR2. But I just love the teaser ... damn - I guess I will have to give it a try :-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Villeneuve is the reason I'm giving BR2 a chance.
  • Lol Ford looks so bored here. Is that his costume or just what he happened to be wearing? ;)

15672875_1261214667272486_3221795296227703589_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7b2b623fe7a08b26ee3bf175c8ea7cef&oe=58E069B8
  • That's always the danger which Harrison do we get, hopefully not Harrison Bored. Blade Runner is one of my favouraite films of the genre, the new teaser looked interesting though I'll avoid anything else now until I see the actual film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Lol Ford looks so bored here. Is that his costume or just what he happened to be wearing? ;)

15672875_1261214667272486_3221795296227703589_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7b2b623fe7a08b26ee3bf175c8ea7cef&oe=58E069B8
    Almost looks as if they photoshoped a picture of him posing for GQ.

New trailer looks great.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Ok, Harrison looks bored on that foto. Even so, firstly I want to have such a flat stomach when I´m that age, secondly I´m about to lose all my skepticism upon reading that the film will get an R-rating:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/797189-blade-runner-2049-will-be-rated-r-more-sequels-teased#/slide/1
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sequels? That would be excellent.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    I'm a fan of the original.

I'll watch this one if the reviews are good.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Be hard to top the original. From what I've read, none of the original cast have returned - just Ford. I suppose we'll see Deckard visiting some replicant type grave or replicant 'database' so we get some closure to Rachael's storyline. Hope they don't gloss over that given how important she was in the first film.
    That image looks so poor because it's from Entertainment Weekly, who somehow manages to bungle EVERY single photoshoot they do, on top of poor, inexplicable Photoshop work (take a look at their shoot for 'Terminator: Genisys').
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 weren't Entertainment Weekly the guys who exclusively released the 'Jack Reacher 2' trailer, only to have some random news announcer speak over the footage, and added useless interviews of the cast? We had to wait an extra week for the trailer because that version was unwatchable.
    @DaltonCraig007, indeed it was! EW is great at getting "exclusive" first looks at trailers, while subsequently narrating over the entire thing as it first airs live. How that magazine is still successful and credible is beyond me.