Blade Runner 2049/Blade Runner 2099 Live-Action Sequel Series Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    More and more excited for this.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Looking stunning, definitely can't wait for the trailer.

What with the Dunkirk trailer and now this May is spoiling us.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The film looks astonishing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The film looks astonishing.

I couldn't agree more. The cinematography and imagery is stunning.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 3,333
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Indeed. Hopefully he incorporates some tracks that really evoke Vangelis' work on the original.
    The only chance to pull that off would be to not try to evoke Vangelis.
    Having said that, I´m d*** f***** curious about this film!
    That could be a mistake in itself. The Vangelis music is very much part of the Bladerunner experience, and substituting it with a modern composer whose score might lack the awe and beauty of the original, could end up hurting the movie. It would be similar to hiring a different composer to John Williams for Star Wars and not using any of the original music. Even the recent Rogue One incorporated the Williams sound in fear of distancing itself from the herd. BR2 could end up looking and sounding like a totally different beast to the original that happens to star an older Harrison Ford in it. That's my worry.
    It does look great but I have fallen for these trailors before. As we know from Bond movies, its all about the script. It will all be about characterisation, dialogue and plot. The original was classic science fiction and worked on so many different levels. My wife saw it for the first time last week. Her reaction ? "So who were the bad guys?". That sums up how clever and interesting Bladerunner was and is. I would be amazed if they get anywhere near that with this new follow up....but finders crossed.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I´m surprised in a positive way by how ready to kick ass Harrison Ford looks.

Oh yes, he's got one more Indie in him.

talos7 wrote: »
    I´m surprised in a positive way by how ready to kick ass Harrison Ford looks.

Oh yes, he's got one more Indie in him.
    After that punch he throws in the trailer teaser, I have doubt.

Look forward to seeing the trailer tomorrow!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Look forward to seeing the trailer tomorrow!!

You and I both! I think I'll give it a few viewings throughout the day, then cutting myself off from any more rewatches or new footage until I see the film myself.
  • Trying not to oversaturate myself with too much BR 2049 before October...but dammit, I just can't help myself. I will pore over that trailer with a voice-activated photo enhancing machine and a glass of whiskey.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm going to watch it once.

Oh alright, maybe twice....
    Trying not to oversaturate myself with too much BR 2049 before October...but dammit, I just can't help myself. I will pore over that trailer with a voice-activated photo enhancing machine and a glass of whiskey.

It can't be helped. The teaser trailer more than sold me, but I definitely need to get a bigger feel of the movie with this next trailer before I call it quits until the film's release.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Trying not to oversaturate myself with too much BR 2049 before October...but dammit, I just can't help myself. I will pore over that trailer with a voice-activated photo enhancing machine and a glass of whiskey.

It can't be helped. The teaser trailer more than sold me, but I definitely need to get a bigger feel of the movie with this next trailer before I call it quits until the film's release.

Yes, me too. Everything looks like it's on the right course, but with a film like Blade Runner, the story of the sequel could so easily go off the rails. I'm really hoping the trailer sets my nerves at ease.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Lovely posters but why is Harrison Ford wearing a Marks & Spencers T shirt????
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,474

I still find it funny that this is the one stand-out thing people are getting from the trailers.

edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Deakins will surpass SF with this, and some of the visual similarities are clear. From that standpoint at least, this is going to rock.

I can't tell anything about the rest of it from this trailer, and that's a good thing. All know is Leto seems far more chilling here than he was in SS (not difficult), and Bautista will no dbout be menacing.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Deakins will surpass SF with this, and some of the visual similarities are clear. From that standpoint at least, this is going to rock.

I can't tell anything about the rest of it from this trailer, and that's a good thing. All know is Leto seems far more chilling here than he was in SS (not difficult), and Bautista will no dbout be menacing.

Agreed. Shaping up very nicely, and I still feel just as clueless about what's going on as I did before the teaser trailer, which is also refreshing. No more trailers or footage for me now, I'm beyond sold on this.
    Me too @Creasy47. I'm staying away from all clips going forward.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Me too @Creasy47. I'm staying away from all clips going forward.

It'll be tough, but the payoff come October will be worth it. I'll be first in line for this one.
    Want see.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I still find it funny that this is the one stand-out thing people are getting from the trailers.

Well I don't think this is gonna disappoint me!
    I'm not going to lie; this looks way better than I expected. My hype level has significantly raised since simply knowing Blade Runner was going to have a sequel. Wow.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Very impressive but none the wiser and that is the way it should be.
    It´s going to be very hard not to burn every trailer still into my brain until the film arrives. Even though I´m not as big a fan of Deakins as some are.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Looks like it's still pissing with rain in the future Los Angeles...

Seriously the film certainly looks interesting although plot wise I haven't a clue what's going on with it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will see as many trailers as I can. I may be hit by a lorry before the premiere.
    Spot the similarities between the original vs the new trailer side-by-side. There's a striking similarity between the two shot for shot...

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi245020953?ref_=vi_nxt_btn
    Its more than similar...I hope they dont follow that through with the whole movie!
    Never saw the original trailer. Nice touch.