Blade Runner 2049/Blade Runner 2099 Live-Action Sequel Series Discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Really want to click on that, but I think I've seen more than enough of the film by this point, and I'm completely sold on it. I'll try and be patient, only a month and a half to go now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Again, it looks great.
  • I've cut myself off from 2049 trailers. I kind of wish I hadn't even seen the very earliest footage released of Gosling and Ford meeting in that deserty place. Going in cold as can be.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This could be a classic?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,480
    New poster. Hopefully some day these artists realize orange and blue aren't the only two colors you can use for a poster/cover art:

20992527_1398306486951141_937128429328435180_n.jpg?oh=8a727752728224533af6770608f06251&oe=5A5DC4A6

20992959_1398835880231535_2782616701270880632_n.png?oh=76770670ec9561bf91c5713e93d93487&oe=5A2BA506
    It does look good, though.

The film itself will be great, so thankfully I'm not seeing it based on posters. Even still, it does get tiring seeing the same motif in a lot of today's posters.

The film itself will be great, so thankfully I'm not seeing it based on posters. Even still, it does get tiring seeing the same motif in a lot of today's posters.

They follow some kind of fashion, just like movie trailers.

They follow some kind of fashion, just like movie trailers.

The blue/orange usage was overdone years ago, so it's still pretty surprising to see.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    One of the all time greats. He had a long run well into the late 90's where nearly everything he did was a massive hit. He's got an 'everyman' quality to him even now.

Regarding the film: while it certainly looks very stylish, it seems to be missing that trademark gritty realism of the original. Admittedly it's difficult to make an accurate assessment from the trailers, but the genuine authentic flavour of the first film was one of its highlights for me, and I sincerely hope this sequel can recapture that. I will say that the orange filter is troubling too, given my profound disappointment with another franchise offering that overused such an approach (albeit yellow in that case) a few years back.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love Han / Indy / Jack Ryan / Deckard / ...

Harrison is not just "that guy" from those popcorn movies we all loved as a child. He's a powerhouse of an actor.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I love Han / Indy / Jack Ryan / Deckard / ...

Harrison is not just "that guy" from those popcorn movies we all loved as a child. He's a powerhouse of an actor.

And it looks like he's really bringing his A-game in '2049.' Not too long to go now.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 684
    bondjames wrote: »
    One of the all time greats. He had a long run well into the late 90's where nearly everything he did was a massive hit.
    Doesn't he hold the record for movie star whose films have the highest all time box office?
    New poster. Hopefully some day these artists realize orange and blue aren't the only two colors you can use for a poster/cover art:
    @Creasy47 Or indeed for the films themselves:

http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.com/2010/03/teal-and-orange-hollywood-please-stop.html
    http://notonbluray.com/blog/orange-and-teal/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Strog wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    One of the all time greats. He had a long run well into the late 90's where nearly everything he did was a massive hit.
    Doesn't he hold the record for movie star whose films have the highest all time box office?
    Close. He's #2. Samuel L. Jackson is #1. Ford wins on a movie average box office basis though (Jackson wins due to being in more films).
    Short film that pre-dates the events of 'Blade Runner 2049':

Great, thanks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Short Villeneuve interview:

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If this was Ridley I'd be extremely cautious but it looks like getting DV to direct and from the tone of this short they might have just nailed it.

I won't go expecting the same game changer the original is and I'm not worried by the action heavy trailers.

Figure they need to make this appeal to the widest base and using those sequences will do that, though I'm expecting a thoughtful, intelligent and visual treat from DV.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Not sure if that was posted already but according to Sony Pictures russian Website, the movie is 163 minutes long.
    That just makes me even more excited. I want to be immersed in that wold as long as possible.
    @00Agent Villeneuve confirmed that BR2049 is 152 minutes long without counting the end credits, so when that will be added, the 163 minutes run-time won't be far off.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Thats great, thanks for the Info @DaltonCraig007
    do we already have a Release date for the soundtrack CD?
    Exactly 1 month left until Blade Runner 2049.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I cannot wait for this movie!!
    First clip

And Johann Johannsson is officially off the project - final film will only feature score from Zimmer and Wallfisch. http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/09/08/icelandic-film-composer-no-longer-attached-blade-runner-sequel
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »
    First clip

And Johann Johannsson is officially off the project - final film will only feature score from Zimmer and Wallfisch. http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/09/08/icelandic-film-composer-no-longer-attached-blade-runner-sequel

A massive shame.
    The second of three prequel videos has been released, this time focusing on Dave Bautista's Sapper:

antovolk wrote: »
    Not good at all.