Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Still mostly playing the free games on the PS4 as there really isn't much out right now. In terms of retail games, I just play 'Battlefield 4,' I've yet to even open my copy of 'Killzone: Shadow Fall.' Did a few playthroughs of 'Outlast,' so I'm done with it for now, and I beat 'Resogun' on all difficulties, so I'm about done with it, too. Been getting into 'Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition' and 'Warframe,' as well.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,107
    South Park - The Stick of Truth

The. Best. Game. EVER. Seriously guys...

Nah. But it was a very good licenced game, that represented South Park like it should be represented in a video game. Maybe it wasn't the longest game and you couldn't use summon spells all that much... and some of the button smashing was impossible...for me at least. I still can't poop. In the game, that is. Or get some of the timed button smash spells right. But the humor is still there and it does look exactly like the show on cartoon network. It took me 3 long marathons to play through. It was fun too see myself as South Park stylized cartoon character. Naturally I joined in Cartman's human faction.

Now I'm an elf who looks like the Hoff :D
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I've played South Park too and yeah, going for a shit in the game is impossible (I'm a stubborn git so I kept getting back on the toilet and spamming the A button thinking I'd manage it this time but I couldn't do it). It is great though. Very funny and just going around exploring all the places from the show, finding all the references is brilliant. The combat is fun too, it's different (I was sceptical at first about having to take it in turns) but it works really well.

I'm on Cartman's team too. I haven't gotten to the bit where you get to choose yet but I planned on siding with him anyway. He's a fat racist idiot but he's also really funny, Stan and Kyle aren't. Plus Craig, Tweak, Kenny and Butters are on his team. Not a hard choice at all really.

I'm loving it so far, right now I have to go and recruit the goth kids but the last thing I did was a side quest where I killed all the Mongolians for the Chinese guy who runs City Wok (I love how the tower of peace and the destroyed sushi restaurant are still next door).

One thing that annoyed me though: censors. I got to the bit on the alien ship and I was greeted with a screen telling me that this bit (where a couple of characters got probed) was censored in Europe. The only people who will buy this game are South Park fans and if you watch the show you won't be offended by this stuff, plus it's an 18 anyway, so why bother censoring it? Nothing else has been censored since then though so hopefully that's it.
    Europe ; where things get censored for your gaming pleasure. I never seen the show censored on normal channels here in Finland. Only music television bleeps out the cuss words.

But in all honesty Kyle and Stan are probably one of the most boring characters (especially the jew, Stan not that much) compared to the likes of Cartman who always delivers, or Butters , who has become one of my favorites on the show.
    Did anyone with a PS3 play 'Dead Nation' or does anyone with a PS4 play the new Apocalypse Edition of the game now that it's been released? I played the hell out of the game on PS3 when it was offered as one of the free games after PSN was hacked, and now that they released the PS4 version, I'm diving back into it once more. Just got nearly the whole way through level 8 on Grim difficulty (which isn't even close to being the hardest difficulty, and I'm having troubles), but for the most part, I'm surprisingly flying through the levels, avoiding everything and just whipping flares, grenades, mines, dynamite, etc. when I can.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    007 Legends: Played it for the very first time. It's not horrible just very boring. Tanner giving me Info dumps also got annoying. Level design is also quite nice.

Grand Theft Auto 5: Pretty fun. I think the overworld is a bit too large but it's still enjoyable. I stole a fighter jet so that was something. :P

Hitman Absolution: Really liked it. It's not my favorite Hitman game, but I really loved the level design. This is how a James Bond game should play. Though I really didn't like the new mechanics. I did like point shooting as it saved my butt a few times both other than that the controls feel very backwards. If absolution played just like Blood Money, it would have been my favorite.
    Tomorrow is Metal Gear day!!!!! Can't wait!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited March 2014 Posts: 7,854
    Tomorrow is Metal Gear day!!!!! Can't wait!

Soon... Soon, it will finally end...

The wait, that is.
    @Murdock, I hated how much 'Hitman: Absolution' deviated from the Hitman formula. Most of the levels were 'Get to this door,' and that was it. Where are the big levels with one or numerous targets to take out? That's what I missed. The game only had two or three of those levels, and it really killed it for me.
    @Creasy47, I can understand the deviations from the formula. I missed the large levels too. I loved the Dexter Industries levels the most as the felt very Bondian. It could have been much better, but I did like the story. 47 going rogue from the Agency is cool and it's nice to see more Agency officials.
    Murdock wrote:
    @Creasy47, I can understand the deviations from the formula. I missed the large levels too. I loved the Dexter Industries levels the most as the felt very Bondian. It could have been much better, but I did like the story. 47 going rogue from the Agency is cool and it's nice to see more Agency officials.

I did enjoy the ending and the new mechanics, but that was about it. Everything else sucked, especially how the outfits/uniforms worked. I'm looking forward to the next-gen Hitman game they're currently working on.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I did enjoy the ending and the new mechanics, but that was about it. Everything else sucked, especially how the outfits/uniforms worked. I'm looking forward to the next-gen Hitman game they're currently working on.

Me too, from what I've read it's going to be more traditional and fix the flaws of Absolution.
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Me too, from what I've read it's going to be more traditional and fix the flaws of Absolution.

Which is what has me excited. I heard it was going to be large, open-world levels with targets for you to assassinate. That's all I want.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Despite some neat mechanics, I didn't like Absolution either. Here's hoping that the next game is more like Blood Money.
    Despite some neat mechanics, I didn't like Absolution either. Here's hoping that the next game is more like Blood Money.

'Blood Money,' 'Silent Assassin,' or 'Contracts,' and I'll be happy.
    I want levels like Silent Assassin with mechanics of Blood Money. I especially loved the missions where you got to infiltrate the Petronas towers.
    Kuala_Lumpur_Petronas_Towers.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    'A House Of Cards' from Blood Money, is my favourite contract in the series.
    My favorite contract is either Anathema from 'Silent Assassin,' 'Traditions of the Trade' from 'Contracts,' or 'A New Life' from 'Blood Money.' None of the levels from 'Absolution' were remotely memorable.
    Metal Gear Ground Zeroes. Got it for my birthday and beat the main mission in like an hour. I was a little irritated at first but now I I'm replaying it and going through all the bonus missions. It is very fun though. Someone described it as, 'one of those gourmet meals you get at a super fancy restaurant. They're delicious, but tiny'. That's Ground Zeroes pretty much!

Also, there was a big sale on the Playstation Network- picked up Vice City- very nostalgic and still fun, and I finally got that DLC for GTA4: the Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony- also both very fun!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been going through Ground Zeroes a lot recently. That and Metal Gear Solid for the PS1.
    I've been going through Ground Zeroes a lot recently. That and Metal Gear Solid for the PS1.
    After playing a lot of Peace Walker in anticipation for Ground Zeroes, I was pretty sad to see
    Motherbase get totaled at the end!!!

After playing a lot of Peace Walker in anticipation for Ground Zeroes, I was pretty sad to see
    Motherbase get totaled at the end!!!

I was more disappointed that that part wasn't playable. There were a couple of points where the camera moved around Big Boss in the same way it did at the beginning when the gameplay started, so I thought we were actually going to play that.

Although, I was actually more disappointed with how they treated the Peace Walker cast. They were literally just written off with one cassette tape.
    Still working on Arkham Origins which is awesome
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I thought Absolution was okay, but I haven't played the past Hitman games, so I don't have anything to compare the experience to. My enjoyment of the game was somewhat lessened during my first playthrough when it froze on me after I was past the mid-point of the game and erased all my progress, meaning I had to start all over again from the start. Urghh...
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I thought Absolution was okay, but I haven't played the past Hitman games, so I don't have anything to compare the experience to. My enjoyment of the game was somewhat lessened during my first playthrough when it froze on me after I was past the mid-point of the game and erased all my progress, meaning I had to start all over again from the start. Urghh...

Your opinion may be different had you played the likes of the earlier games before playing 'Absolution.' I apologize for such a terrible introduction into the series. Don't fault the rest of the games for that! You should pick up the 'Hitman HD Trilogy' when you have the money to spare. Worth every penny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Your opinion may be different had you played the likes of the earlier games before playing 'Absolution.' I apologize for such a terrible introduction into the series. Don't fault the rest of the games for that! You should pick up the 'Hitman HD Trilogy' when you have the money to spare. Worth every penny.

I've debated it, but it's not on my list of must buys right now. Who knows, a few years down the line maybe.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,399
    WWE 2K14

I recently turned one of my long standing create-a-wrestlers, IAN VAYNE into a British Loyalist - even though he is announced as being from Pittsburgh, PA... I have 2 c.a.w that I use that are extreme extensions of parts of my personality... Ian Vayne is high class, highly civilized, very arrogant and pompous.. (not that i am any of these, but it's fun to pretend just a little with a video game lol)... but I do have Welsh heritage, so I decided to play on that with my Ian Vayne character - he thinks America has gone to hell, so he chooses to no longer associate himself with his birth nation........ he even comes out to the ring with "Rule Britannia" as his theme music.......... and here he is...

IanVayne_zps92139149.jpg

I havent watched the WWE for 2 years, since I finally had enough of putting up with years of BS...... but i still enjoy playing the video games - especially love the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode in this, some good nostalgia to play through..
    Agatha Christie's Murder On The Orient Express

This is where I am: i've collected passports, alibis & fingerprints from everyone on board, bar myself and Poirot. Now I need to scour the train for any further prints; I have started with the door handle of the security door in the Baggage Car.
    Just finished the GTA V campaign again. I still like it, and enjoyed it just as much as the last time, but it isn't the "greatest game ever" that some have purported. It keeps the core of GTA intact and innovates the game mechanics effectively, and meshes the old and new very well. I still hold that Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's masterpiece. I will likely replay that campaign next and the Undead Nightmare DLC, which I have never played previously.
    Just finished the GTA V campaign again. I still like it, and enjoyed it just as much as the last time, but it isn't the "greatest game ever" that some have purported. It keeps the core of GTA intact and innovates the game mechanics effectively, and meshes the old and new very well. I still hold that Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's masterpiece. I will likely replay that campaign next and the Undead Nightmare DLC, which I have never played previously.

Absolutely spot on.