Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

007: Everything Or Nothing.

Been about 2 years since I last played this. It's still really great fun.

Why is it I'm more keen on this than I am on the Brosnan films? (Although to be fair, Brosnan's voice work in this is pretty poor).
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I don't think Bond has ever been played well in a game. Brosnan and Craig seemed really bored in the games they did. Connery was all right but he sounded nothing like he did when he was Bond. The Agent Underfire Bond was too posh, smug and irritating with some awful one liners.

I think the best so far has been the Nightfire Bond. He sounded nothing like Brosnan but he did a good job, at least he put some effort in.
    I never got around to playing NightFire. Did I miss out on anything?

It's my favourite Bond game and one of my favourite games ever. It takes what made Goldeneye great and improve on it in every way. I'd play it if you have the chance, it's aged really well and the freedom and choice it gives you in some levels is really refreshing today as not many shooting games do that anymore.

It's my favourite Bond game and one of my favourite games ever. It takes what made Goldeneye great and improve on it in every way. I'd play it if you have the chance, it's aged really well and the freedom and choice it gives you in some levels is really refreshing today as not many shooting games do that anymore.

I guess I'd be able to pick it up for only a couple of quid second hand.
    One thing I like about it is the story. The plot gets very OTT towards the end but the villains plan is clever and the story is full of memorable characters. I also like how the story progresses. It feels sort of natural, like you're playing through a Bond film, not like you're going through game levels.
    One thing I like about it is the story. The plot gets very OTT towards the end but the villains plan is clever and the story is full of memorable characters. I also like how the story progresses. It feels sort of natural, like you're playing through a Bond film, not like you're going through game levels.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's only £1.50 in CEX. I'll grab a copy next time I'm out in town.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't think Bond has ever been played well in a game. Brosnan and Craig seemed really bored in the games they did. Connery was all right but he sounded nothing like he did when he was Bond. The Agent Underfire Bond was too posh, smug and irritating with some awful one liners.

I think the best so far has been the Nightfire Bond. He sounded nothing like Brosnan but he did a good job, at least he put some effort in.

It's funny you should bring that up, as there is a moment in EON, where i'm certain it sounds like Brosnan is actually yawning during his dialogue. Just before you enter the club, through the window, listen when Bond says...

"let's see about that... southern hospitality"

... you can hear the boredom right there.

---

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy In H.A.R.M.'S Way

I escaped from the Antarctica base, as well as that Super Soldier, and have returned to India. I like the addition of RPG elements, but I miss the mission select from the first game.

It's funny you should bring that up, as there is a moment in EON, where i'm certain it sounds like Brosnan is actually yawning during his dialogue. Just before you enter the club, through the window, listen when Bond says...

"let's see about that... southern hospitality"

... you can hear the boredom right there.

Also when he rescues Dr Nadanova on the train early on in the game and says "I'm from MI6", it sounds like a piss poor imitation of Connery!
    I beat Arkham Origins today- so now I can play as Adam West!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I bought two games yesterday and I spent some time on both.

Rambo: The Video Game
    For a game in this stage of the PS3's life, this looks looks rough. Why is Rambo's head so big, and more to the point, why is this game an on rails shooter? I won't lie though, it's not as bad as I expecting.

Fallout 3
    I have gotten sidetracked from the main mission. Once I left Vault 101, I wondered off across the Wastelands, and found the Operation: Anchorage sub-missions.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I bought two games yesterday and I spent some time on both.

Rambo: The Video Game
    For a game in this stage of the PS3's life, this looks looks rough. Why is Rambo's head so big, and more to the point, why is this game an on rails shooter? I won't lie though, it's not as bad as I expecting.

Fallout 3
    I have gotten sidetracked from the main mission. Once I left Vault 101, I wondered off across the Wastelands, and found the Operation: Anchorage sub-missions.

I wonder if @thelivingroyale ever played that Rambo game. I remember him talking a lot about it a while back, and how he was excited to get his hands on it.
    I was thinking the same, actually. I recall @thelivingroyale documenting it's development, but I don't recall him posting if he got around to playing it. :-?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Rambo: The Video Game' looked so generic. I don't think I'd even play it for free.

'Fallout 3,' on the other hand? Fantastic game. One of my favorite current-gen games.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Rambo: The Video Game' looked so generic. I don't think I'd even play it for free.

Generic is a fair description. I'm struggling to think of anything I have seen thus far, that hasn't been used in another game. I bought it, because despite the poor reviews, I wanted to see for myself. I thought it might be another Lollipop Chainsaw, it is not.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Fallout 3,' on the other hand? Fantastic game. One of my favorite current-gen games.

So far, I must have clocked up about... 3 hrs of gameplay, and yet I feel like I have barely scratched the surface.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Duke Nukem 3D
    This game never gets old. What's great about it is it's customization and fan made levels. I've replaced all the original music with music from GoldenEye 64 and a few other games to spice it up. Feels like a totally new game. Someone even recreated the Facility level from GE.
    Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't everything, and I love a game that's just simplistic fun. Look at 'Jericho': one of the cheapest games you can pick up on current-gen consoles at places like GameStop (I think I got it for less than $5), and it's just a Clive Barker FPS. That's probably the most fun I've had in a game in a very long time.

Yeah, that's nothing just yet. 'Fallout 3,' 'Elder Scrolls: Oblivion' and 'Elder Scrolls: Skyrim' are all Bethesda games that I've put in anywhere from 100-200 hours into. They also help me reduce my smoking habits because there's literally so much to do that I won't put down the controller until I've done it all, but I can't. Go here, check everything out, kill everyone that's bad, raid their bodies, return to the town, sell what I don't need, buy more ammo and food, go back out, lather, rinse, repeat. I would always explore the world first before tackling the missions in 'Fallout 3' because I knew it would be easier on me when I could just fast travel to all the given mission locations.

If you like 'Fallout 3' and do end up completing it, stick with that and don't buy 'Fallout: New Vegas.' The story was very dull and the ending made the entire game terrible. Plus, it tried to implement numerous factions, and you'd get in with certain factions while wearing their outfits, but if you wore said outfits around other factions, you'd instantly be shot. It got so annoying because I would find this really rare, badass outfit that was useless because I'd be attacked while wearing it 80% of the time. Trust me, the story and ending make that game not worth it at all.

I have completed the Ohio mission(s), and have reached India. The fight at the end of Ohio took me by surprise. I thought it would be a simple run of the mill gunfight inside the house. The rampaging tornado outside decided to get in on the action by picking the house up, and started to rip it apart.

I recently looked up those levels on youtube. Pretty accurate depiction of Ohio as I live there. :)) One of my friends houses looks just like the one you search.
    Murdock wrote:

I have completed the Ohio mission(s), and have reached India. The fight at the end of Ohio took me by surprise. I thought it would be a simple run of the mill gunfight inside the house. The rampaging tornado outside decided to get in on the action by picking the house up, and started to rip it apart.

I recently looked up those levels on youtube. Pretty accurate depiction of Ohio as I live there. :)) One of my friends houses looks just like the one you search.

That would be pre tornado, right? ;)
    I rented Watch Dogs. Not quite as groundbreaking as it had been hyped up to be but it's a fun game nonetheless. Definitely not outstanding but the graphics are pretty breathtaking on PS4 and the gameplay is smooth and fun.

Overall, definitely glad I rented it, but great for killing a few hours.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RAGE

4567.jpg

Nice little open world shooter / race game which reminds me of Mad Max and Escape From NY. Not the greatest shooter but a neat little Sci-Fi action game nevertheless.
    In open world games that have carjacking/driving, the driving and crashing mechanics are very key to me, and both look laughably bad in 'Watch Dogs.' The gameplay looks like it'll grow dull and tiresome very quickly, too, so I'm passing. Looking forward to the end of the year for some different games that remotely interest me on the PS4.
    Murdock wrote:

That would be pre tornado, right? ;)

Well we did have a big storm here a few years back and their tree fell right on top of their next door neighbors rooftop. Close enough I say. :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Recently, I finished Far Cry 3. Epic game there. The story is so good, and taking outposts/hunting was most rewarding. The characters and dialogue are top notch, and there's a fair bit of humour thrown in for good measure. I can't say a bad word about the overall package.

I've just started playing Dishonoured. This game is certainly different, but I'm liking it so far. Gameplay-wise, it's always great to have the freedom to go out guns blazing or remain stealth. The abilities are fun to use, and I love the settings and painted texture style.
    I loved 'Far Cry 3.' Managed to complete the game 100% in a week or so over my Christmas Break, and it was time well spent. I agree on the outposts, those were so entertaining to infiltrate and capture. There were some where caged tigers were present, so I'd hide in the woods with a suppressed sniper rifle, tag everyone, then shoot the lock on the tiger's cage and watch him slaughter the men inside. Fun stuff. I'm looking forward to 'Far Cry 4' at the end of the year, which takes place in the Himalayas.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Wow- Himalayas, eh? That should be interesting. Yeah I spent a week or more on Far Cry 3- and admittedly I didn't technically complete the game- I think I left two or three enemy outposts standing because I was playing it on my flat mate's computer (mine can't handle next-gen games) and he wanted to uninstall it for Dishonored. I got attacked by an alligator early on in the game, and another one jumped out at me from under some lily pads and made me shit myself :)) Got killed a few times by a tiger, too. What a memorable game. One of the best I've ever played, I'd say.
    GTA 5 only recently bought it must say i am very impressed with this game, neglected gaming for some time though money well spent.
    @QBranch, the bits with the alligators and sharks always scared the hell out of me. I remember being chased by some enemies in my jeep, so I slammed on the brakes and started to run down the hill. Sure enough, there was water below the cliff edge I was standing on, and apparently there was a tunnel down there, too. The enemies were closing in, so I look down to jump...and sure enough, an alligator is resting right in the middle of the water. So nerve-wracking. Even with the collectibles, some of them were in underwater temples way out in the middle of the water, so you'd have to drive a boat there, jump out, swim down as fast as you can, and hope a shark didn't catch you.

I went to collect one like that one time, and I swam all the way down, grabbed it, turned around to swim back up through one tiny hole, and as soon as I'm about to exit it, a shark passes right over the hole. I was so scared because I knew he'd rip me apart instantly, and if I stayed I would die, so I just peeked out, waited for him to pass, and swam up and got in my boat as soon as he reached it. Close call.
    haha they really do give you a good scare don't they? I dived into a narrow river and made my way to the other side where there was a jetty with some logs scattered next to it. When I went to surface, I came up right under what I thought was one of the logs, but it was an alligator just floating there waiting for me. The sharks are a little easier as you can just run over them in the boat. ;)

Which ending did you choose?
    I chose to save my friends, but I think I went back to a previous save and replayed the ending so I could experience the other one, where you kill your girlfriend, get laid, and then get killed yourself. I much prefer the former ending. Yourself?