Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yep, I chose the same ending as you. I didn't check out the other, just asked my friend what happens. Citra was pretty hot though, right? :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @QBranch, @Creasy47, I love hunting in video games. This last time I played Red Dead Redemption I did a massive amount of hunting, so much so that when I finished the campaign I had over $16,000. Tall Trees is the most traumatic location in video game history as far as I am concerned. Me and my best friend love to go hunting up there because of how eerie and paranoid the woods feel. You will be trotting along on your horse and constantly turn the camera to watch for animals that'll kill you in a second. Worst of all is the bears, which will silently come up to you and claw you to smithereens. Some of them feel near invincible because they can take so many damn bullets until they stay down. One time I had come upon a pack of bears, shot them all dead and jumped off my horse to skin them. While skinning the window zooms in to show John cutting with his knife, and out of nowhere in the background a bear came running directly at my screen, roaring crazily. I about jumped out of my pants. God, I love that game...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haha, Citra sure was something!

Brady, it's twisted, but I used to ride my horse into the deep necks of the woods where bears roamed, and I would charge a bear, shoot my horse in the head so I got flung off, and then I would fight the bear with a knife and see how long I could last. That was intense.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Haha, Citra sure was something!

Brady, it's twisted, but I used to ride my horse into the deep necks of the woods where bears roamed, and I would charge a bear, shoot my horse in the head so I got flung off, and then I would fight the bear with a knife and see how long I could last. That was intense.

Knife fights with bears are definitely intense. Those things never want to die, no matter how much you hit them.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Brady, check out 'Far Cry 3' if you haven't already. You also get to hunt leopards, bears, cassowaries etc., and skinning them actually seems gross, what with all the blood and your character sounding like he's on the verge of throwing up! You craft ammo pouches, backpacks as well as other things out of the skins- although I'm guessing a lot of games are doing that now.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Have a good one, guys ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Brady, check out 'Far Cry 3' if you haven't already. You also get to hunt leopards, bears, cassowaries etc., and skinning them actually seems gross, what with all the blood and your character sounding like he's on the verge of throwing up! You craft ammo pouches, backpacks as well as other things out of the skins- although I'm guessing a lot of games are doing that now.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Have a good one, guys ;)

Yeah, I've seen tons of Let's Plays for that game, and it does seem cool. Not really my kind of game, however. My heart belongs to the 3rd person action adventure genre.
    Good night, @QBranch!

Brady, have you had any interest in 'Watch Dogs,' then? It doesn't look interesting to me, but perhaps you might like it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Brady, have you had any interest in 'Watch Dogs,' then? It doesn't look interesting to me, but perhaps you might like it.

I've had my eye on it, and it looks cool but I won't buy it just yet. I'll probably save it for when I jump to next-gen, whenever that may be, since it doesn't have me dying to play it like some other games.
    Yeah, there's no rush for next-gen. I bought a PS4 and all I've played on it was 'Battletrash 4' 'Battlefield 4.' Nothing else has interested me. I'm not getting anything until 'Destiny' in September.

Speaking of RDR, someone from Take Two has said that it's a "permanent franchise." Might this be the mysterious Rockstar project that is slated to release by March 2015?

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13283-Red-Dead-Redemption-is--A-Permanent-Franchise--Says-Take-Two-s-Zelnick.html
    Since RDR came out in 2010 and Rockstar seem to begin development on their next game in a franchise not long after the last one is completed so it can have a long development period (a la GTA), it could be. How awesome would that be?
    That would be beautiful, though I assume it'll be developed for next-gen only. It might get a current-gen port, but we'll see. I figure it'll be 'RDR 2' or 'Bully 2.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That would be beautiful, though I assume it'll be developed for next-gen only. It might get a current-gen port, but we'll see. I figure it'll be 'RDR 2' or 'Bully 2.'

Bully 2 would be great too. I wonder if they'd keep Jimmy as the protagonist or change it up like they usually do?
    Still waiting to see if Agent will ever see the light of day. I have my doubts.
    Still waiting to see if Agent will ever see the light of day. I have my doubts.

It's definitely going to be released, but only after Rockstar delay it dozens of times or hide it from the public as is the usual. The good thing about them is that though they tease us they always come out with a great product that gives you lots of bang for the buck.
    Honestly, I don't see 'Agent' ever hitting the light of day, unfortunately.

They talked about a sequel to 'Bully' quite a few times as 'GTA V' was gearing up for release, so I wonder if that will be the one they release. Either that, or it's nothing new, just a next-gen version of 'GTA V' or something like that.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I want to see Agent get released, but, honestly, they should have waited to file a trademark until it was closer to completion. Stop teasing us with "Oh, it's coming, it's coming". It's like the Rockstar North equivalent of a frickin' George R. R. Martin book.
    @Agent007391, all games seem to do it these days: announcement and a short reveal with some screenshots or bits of gameplay, and then it doesn't end up coming out for another three or four years due to delays. Why not wait a little while longer?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I truly believe that we shouldn't see any of the game until it's closer to the release date. I don't mind waiting five years between games (sometimes), but I also don't like seeing "Here's the title and a screencap" and then nothing for three years, then suddenly a trailer, then a few more screenshots, then news of a six month delay (*cough*GTA5*cough*), then some micro-trailers, then some more screenshots, then the game comes out and it's just not as fun as that wait made you want to believe it would be (*cough*GTA5*cough*)

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was a little disappointed with GTA5. It was an improvement over GTA4, but still not as good as the PS2 GTAs.
    In terms of visuals and controls, 'GTA V' > 'GTA IV.'
    In terms of driving, physics, and story, 'GTA IV' > 'GTA V.'
    I heavily prefer 'GTA IV' to 'GTA V.'
    As far as visuals and controls go, I didn't see much of a change. Yes, the portion of San Andreas that we got to play in was vastly larger than anything we'd ever played before, but it still didn't look any better than GTA4's Liberty City. I don't remember if the controls changed at all.

Driving and physics... again, I saw little difference. I never had a problem with the cars in GTA4, and in GTA5, they were pretty much the same. I felt the story was a great improvement, but that's not saying much considering GTA4's story was pretty limp compared to the earlier games (GTA3 certainly seemed like it had more going on).

Overall, I don't feel either one was better than the other. Both of them, despite their improvements, feel like downgrades from the PS2 games. Maybe this has a lot to do with the fact that the stories in the PS2 games satirized specific events in history, as opposed to the current day relating to the games, which we all already know are f*cked up.
    In terms of visuals, I thought 'GTA V' looked a lot more sharp and had a much better draw distance than 'GTA IV' did. Still, I'll take IV's graphics over the entirety of V anyday. The movements for the characters were a bit better in V.

The driving was much much different in V. All of the cars were arcade-y, and lacked the awesome drifting/steering abilities like the cars in IV had. I absolutely loathed the driving for V, and because people didn't want to take the time to learn how to drive in IV, Rockstar changed it for V, which really disappointed me. The physics were (for some reason) dumbed down in V, as well. You could smash a car into a wall at 100 MPH and only end up with a few dents and scratches, whereas in 'GTA IV,' your car would twist and smash in and smoke and get all kinds of messed up.

I do miss the PS2/Xbox GTA games, those were wildly entertaining, but IV will always stand as my favorite. V was a massive disappointment to me. Bad story, bad characters, bad driving (which is a huge focus for me in open-world games that contain cars), bad physics, and one of the most broken online systems I've ever utilized. They also talked up big heists in 'GTA Online,' but...the game still lacks them, doesn't it? The upgraded visuals and controls couldn't save the game for me. I'm in the minority, but the game was a big disappointment.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Still playing Rambo and Fallout 3.

Rambo: The Video Game
    I have now unlocked the 'A Far Cry' perk, that has allow me to take advantage of the Infinite Wrath/Infinite Ammo glitch. Because of the glitch, I have manage to earn two stars on two more missions. I haven't got a clue how 3 stars are earned. :-?

Fallout 3
    Ok, so I was in Megaton, when Moriarty asked me to detonate the bomb (from a safe distance). I went and told Sheriff Simms, whom went and confronted Moriarty. While Simms back was turned, Moriarty shot him in the back and walked away. I felt really shitty about getting Simms killed, so I took what I could use from his corpse, put on his overcoat and hat (now looking like a post apocalyptic gun slinger), and headed out across the wastelands to do some good in the Sheriff's memory.
    I loved the outfit in 'Fallout 3,' it's one of my favorites. It's actually why I made the same decision at one point, just for that hat and overcoat. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    An update on Fallout 3..
    I've been abducted by aliens. I've brought the cowboy, soldier, and samurai warrior out of stasis. I can't wait to get back to the wastelands and use the alien technology i've acquired, especially for one of Moira's quests that i'm stuck on.

Why did I not buy this superb game before?
    An update on Fallout 3..
    I've been abducted by aliens. I've brought the cowboy, soldier, and samurai warrior out of stasis. I can't wait to get back to the wastelands and use the alien technology i've acquired, especially for one of Moira's quests that i'm stuck on.

Why did I not buy this superb game before?

It really is fantastic. Did you get the GOTY edition with all the DLC? It sounds like you did, I think that's Mothership Zeta.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It really is fantastic. Did you get the GOTY edition with all the DLC? It sounds like you did, I think that's Mothership Zeta.

It is indeed the GOTY edition. I wasn't sure whether to buy this one, or the standard edition. Because I don't use my PS3 online, any DLC would be useless to me. The GOTY edition was the only copy in stock, and as it turns out, that those extra missions aren't DLC, they're actually on the disc.
    Yeah, the DLC for that was fantastic. Let me know when you get to Point Lookout, that was my favorite. So eerie and it has a lot of great new guns and apparel.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yeah, the DLC for that was fantastic. Let me know when you get to Point Lookout, that was my favorite. So eerie and it has a lot of great new guns and apparel.

I will keep you updated along the way. I don't know how far from Point Lookout I am, but I have a backlog of quests to get through.
    Yeah, the main game has a whole bunch, then the GOTY edition comes with five add-ons, which are both anywhere from 3-10 hours long a piece. It'll take a long while!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Point lookout was my favorite as well!
    Currently starting a new game of Red Dead Redemption- I forgot how good that game was!