Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't... You're saying words, but I don't think they're in a language I recognize. Is this some Japan only game that didn't get translated?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I haven't played an MGS game since... the last one, I think, Phantom Pain. I have never been that keen on the series. They're supposed to be stealth, and you always end up fighting a giant robot, with rocket launchers. Though I did like the battle with The End, from MGS3. But when it comes to stealth/spy games, i've got to side with Splinter Cell.

I've been busy with Kingdome Come: Deliverance. When I haven't been romancing the lovely Theresa, I have been attacking bandit camps using the Smythe Manoeuvre*, getting drunk, and having the occasional brawl. I have encountered the odd bug, but as War Horse are a fledgling developer, i'm going to cut them slack. Henry can be a clueless dolt at times, but he's a likeable enough protagonist on the whole.

*Step 1: Approach camp, step 2: antagonize thugs, step 3: flee so they give chase/lure one especially further away so they give up and walk back to camp, step 4: sneak up on thug and choke them unconscious, step 5: run my sword through them, and repeat until camp is clear.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I haven't played an MGS game since... the last one, I think, Phantom Pain. I have never been that keen on the series. They're supposed to be stealth, and you always end up fighting a giant robot, with rocket launchers. Though I did like the battle with The End, from MGS3. But when it comes to stealth/spy games, i've got to side with Splinter Cell.

Agreed. Splinter Cell is an awesome series. Although the last two entries were nothing great. They had great stories but they lost their way with the gameplay. It became closer to a run and gun game and less of a stealth game. They also should've retired Sam Fisher when Michael Ironside retired from the role. I really hope this series makes a come back soon!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,894

Agreed. Splinter Cell is an awesome series. Although the last two entries were nothing great. They had great stories but they lost their way with the gameplay. It became closer to a run and gun game and less of a stealth game. They also should've retired Sam Fisher when Michael Ironside retired from the role. I really hope this series makes a come back soon!

I never got to play Conviction, as it was an XBox exclusive. But I really liked Blacklist. Ok, it takes getting used to that Fisher doesn't sound like Michael Ironside, or even remotely look like he did in the first 4 games, but I liked everything else about the game. The stealth mechanics were the best of the series. Though my overall favourite is still Pandora Tomorrow, if that makes sense.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    This takes micro-transactions to a whole new level; you have to PAY to get extra save slots in Metal Gear Survive.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That game doesn’t even deserve to exist. Whoever thought zombies should be incorporated into Metal Gear should go and bang his head to the wall on a repetitive manner.
    I'm not a fan of the series, but paying for extra saves isn't just slapping gamers in the face, it's bending them over a barrel, pulling their trousers down, and not even greasing them up.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ya gotta wonder why they thought that was an acceptable practice to begin with. Fans of the series were already going to keep away from it for the fact that it was a post-Kojima Metal Gear game, then came the stupid premise, then the bland and uninspired gameplay trailers, I knew of no one who enjoyed the beta and then there was the overwhelmingly lukewarm preview reception from every gaming website and their mothers. No aspect of this game seemed to connect to anyone and then they throw in paying for save slots.

At this point I seriously wonder if Konami does want people to hate the series the way they clearly hated Kojima.
    I'm more concerned with why are there people playing this crap.

Unwavering brand loyalty for some, time to kill for others. I'll never touch it, personally.
    Unwavering brand loyalty for some, time to kill for others. I'll never touch it, personally.
    Neither would I.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Best thing for MTX-heavy games like MGS is to vote with your wallet and avoid that turd like the plague. We've reached a new level of disgust for me if games will start incorporating MORE saves into microtransactions.
    Sheep will always be sheep, @Creasy47.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm waiting for COD to start charging a cent per bullet.

Someone at Activision just read your comment and went "Wow...this guy's got the right idea!"

I'm quite surprised to have had several friends recommend Call of Duty: WWII wholeheartedly to me. I love the era and appreciate the return to the boots on the ground type warfare, but I haven't touched the last few installments, and I can only surmise the game itself is the same as the last ten: horrid spawns, endless paths to take, constantly getting flanked, bad netcode, and one shot kills across the board. There's no fun in that for me. It's akin to "OK, who has the better Internet connection?", a game I'll lose every single time here in West Virginia.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited February 2018 Posts: 16,330
    Great video. :))
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Someone at Activision just read your comment and went "Wow...this guy's got the right idea!"

I'm quite surprised to have had several friends recommend Call of Duty: WWII wholeheartedly to me. I love the era and appreciate the return to the boots on the ground type warfare, but I haven't touched the last few installments, and I can only surmise the game itself is the same as the last ten: horrid spawns, endless paths to take, constantly getting flanked, bad netcode, and one shot kills across the board. There's no fun in that for me. It's akin to "OK, who has the better Internet connection?", a game I'll lose every single time here in West Virginia.

I enjoy the campaigns but I've never liked the COD multiplayer. I just seem to die constantly. The only online multiplayer I've ever really gotten into is FIFA and Titanfall, although I thought the first was a bit better than the second.

I guess it's mostly because I only have one mate who still plays video games regularly, and even he doesn't get that many (although I did manage to persuade him to get AC Unity so we could play the coop, that was really fun) so the shooting games get boring because I don't know anyone in the match and everyone else seems to be in parties working together. I know there are clans and stuff, Xbox even has a system now for finding people to play with, but in my experience multiplayer can be pretty toxic. Sad teenage nerds who take it way too seriously screaming down the mic at you, so that side of it puts me off trying to find new people to play with.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 2,107

Please check your internet connection for ammo purchase.

1 ammo box : 1,99 $

I hope people start voting with their wallets and burn these big corporations to the ground.
    RE COD: I bought Modern Warefare: Remastered weeks back, and while I enjoyed the single player (especially 'All Ghillied Up'), it could have been longer. I tried the multi player, and I hated it quickly. No team work, just people running around, firing in all directions.
    OMG I got an N64 emulator working (kind of) been playing Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough man these games are hard fun and great
    edited February 2018 Posts: 40,473
    The Witcher 3

EDIT: Well, made a ton of progress today. Finally beat the game - and what an incredible ending, too, had no idea the choices you made would alter it drastically, but I'm happy it ended where it did. Just one missable story-related trophy that I sadly missed, I'll get it whenever I do a New Game + playthrough to beat the game on the hardest difficulty and, inevitably, get that beautiful Platinum Trophy. Also bought the first DLC today, looking forward to trying that out real soon.

I'm easily 150 + hours into the game, and I still can't help but marvel and jaw drop over the beauty of the game, the scenery, the lighting, the views, all of it. Truly something special, this one.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    OMG I got an N64 emulator working (kind of) been playing Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough man these games are hard fun and great

Nice! I have the original N64 system and GoldenEye still!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just now read about this, and thought of @thelivingroyale:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000031846/Discovery-Tour-Mode-of-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-ACO

Assassin's Creed: Origins will be releasing a new mode, called "Discovery Tour" where the game shifts from an open world action game to an educational one, where tours across the map take you through dozens of different aspects of Egyptian history with visuals and commentary.

Here's a really great article on what it offers by someone who had first hand experience with the mode:
    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3257596/gaming/assassins-creed-origins-discovery-tour-mode.html

When I read about this, I was ecstatic. I love reading about history and learning new things and had already considered buying some books on Egyptian history to read up on the period before picking up this game later in the year when it's on sale. But this has me just as excited to play it as I would be for anything else it has to offer.

And the mode/idea is just a perfect fit for an AC title. Amazing artists spend years upon years creating these meticulously detailed representations of history that action is staged in, but that can sometimes go ignored outside of the narrative's points of interest. With this mode, all of the map can have some importance and use, and areas you wouldn't essentially visit for a long time in the story can have their time to shine.

I would love to see this idea of guided and educational tours supported in future AC games too, especially if we ever see a medieval England, a feudal Japan or historical Celtic Ireland. Just so many possibilities for educating gamers, making the work of the world designers even more important and not in vain, but also showing how educational games can be and often are. Really proud of Ubi in this instance, and I'm happy to support the title to influence the possibility of us seeing a mode of this kind in other games in this series.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I go through periods where I fluctuate between focusing on TV/film and games, so I thought Prey would be the one to revitalize my interest, but instead, I got back into The Witcher 3 once again. The completionist in me would prefer to wrap this up in its entirety before moving on to a new game, which will either be Prey or next month's Far Cry 5.

Either way, I'm just hoping I can get through all of them completely before Red Dead Redemption 2 releases, because I know that'll end up taking up a large chunk of my free time.
    @Creasy47, it's like we share the same mind. Just yesterday I was thinking about The Witcher 3 again and how much I want to get back into it, and now I read this from you. And now I think I just might, after I clear some things off my schedule. I really want to finish it to get to the DLC and the trophies, as I will surely platinum it. It was one of the few games that really lived up to the hype plus a lot more, the game I never knew I wanted until I played it. I just love being a monster hunter in a historical land melded with mythology, such a cool, cool concept. I also first bought the game at around this exact time last year, so to mark the anniversary maybe I should get back into it to celebrate?

CD Projekt Red are up there with NaughtyDog and Rockstar from my experience with that game alone, and I can't wait to see what they're bringing with Cyberpunk 2077 where I will essentially be able to play a Deckard like character in a Blade Runner styled world, a big fantasy of mine. They just seem to know what I'm hungry for!
    This takes micro-transactions to a whole new level; you have to PAY to get extra save slots in Metal Gear Survive.

Hahaha! :)) That is amazing. Konami remind me of Microsoft in their handling of the 2013 Xbox One release, so blind to their obvious anti-consumer practices out of their greed and incompetence that you honestly can't believe they thought gamers would support them in their plans.

First they mess with Metal Gear and oust Kojima. Then they support the pachinko machines and sully the series' legacy. Then they make this thing and not only do so without Kojima, but add zombies into it and then ask you to pay for saves on top of it. Astounding, earth-quaking stupidity. You think the fan boys will finally be broken by this now?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you should do it! I believe we discussed it back in October/November and I recall you mentioning you had also stopped around the same spot I did, upon first arriving in Skellige. I started hammering out the progress since I picked it back up a little over two weeks ago and I'm glad I did. It's quite the behemoth, this game, so it's almost relaxing, in a sense, to have beaten it? Not that I was blowing through it or anything like that - I loved every single second, except for when I was going for that garbage trophy for getting 50 headshots. Terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2018 Posts: 28,694
    @Creasy47, I think platinuming this game will be a welcome challenge, but one I'll enjoy because the game is worth it. I'm glad I still have so much to do, as it speaks to the scope of the game. After playing it I look at every other open world game and think, "Wow, the devs were really slacking, weren't they?" It's almost impossible how big the game is, in so many ways.

I really want to get to the DLCs badly, especially to see that kingdom in Blood & Wine. Looks breathtaking, right out of a storybook nightmare.
    @Creasy47, I think platinuming this game will be a welcome challenge, but one I'll enjoy because the game is worth it. I'm glad I still have so much to do, as it speaks to the scope of the game. After playing it I look at every other open world game and think, "Wow, the devs were really slacking, weren't they?" It's almost impossible how big the game is, in so many ways.

I really want to get to the DLCs badly, especially to see that kingdom in Blood & Wine. Looks breathtaking, right out of a storybook nightmare.

This game is easily ruining most games for me across the board - stellar graphics, stellar gameplay, not weighed down by garbage microtransactions or DLC that add nothing to the game, the story, the choices of morality, the freshness of the plot and twists and dialogue, hell even some of the quieter quests (one involving getting drunk with friends was hilarious) are more exciting than the majority of what other open world games have to offer (looking at you, Mafia 3).

I woke up real early to progress in Hearts of Stone, after spending a couple of hours sprinting around Kaer Morhen, unlocking hidden areas and taking in the sights.
    Kingdome Come: Deliverance
    Ok, it's been a fortnight in game, and the poor Vagabond is still locked in the pillory. I don't think he is supposed to be in there. There must be a cut scene missing. I can't complete the quest he gave me (steal the signet), because I can't hand the signet over to him. He wasn't in there when he gave me the quest, so what happened? I want to know what happened so I can have the quest removed from my journal, but I also want to know in the context of the game. What did the poor s.o.b do to be locked in there, day and night, sun and rain, all this time? When I pass through Rattay, I always stop and talk to the poor chap. Come on now, hasn't he suffered enough?
    Other than that, and the odd glitch, I am actually glad that I gave this game a second chance (the first time that I tried to install the games massive update, took me the better part of a day, before I gave up). I have long wondered what the original Assassin's Creed game would have turned out like, if Ubisoft had stuck with the original conception, before all the Animus/Desmond Miles modern day stuff as added later. Kingdom Come: Deliverance sort of satisfies that curiosity.
    Glad you're enjoying yourself more and more, Major. I'm definitely picking that one up eventually. Once I get through this backlog of games, hopefully it'll be at a point where it's been patched even further, at a much cheaper price tag.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,894
    There's a steep learning curve at the start , but once you decide on your particular play style, and work at it, that learning curve will start to ease up. I'm using stealth, with my main weapons being a bow and a dagger. When deciding how to play, you have to take things into consideration. Because I am playing stealthy, in order to keep my stealth stats down (I have Henry's stealth as low as 10/100, but I have seen other players down into single digits and even 0/100), that means no metal armour, and that means less protection in fights. So I avoid open conflicts, and instead take the enemy down one at a time. I am also working at charm, so Henry can talk his way out of a possible fight. In that respect, I have Henry as a sort of Medieval Bond.
    That's good to hear. I'm not one that demands my games be easy across the board, but I worried that the combat could be too janky and "in-depth" for it to be utilized skillfully; glad it's merely a learning curve and gets easier from there.