Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Frontline HD is what I've spent the most time on the last couple days. Bought the limited edition of the reboot specifically for it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Fallout 4
    Wearing The Silver Shroud costume, i'm cleanign up the wastelands in the same way i'd imagine The Shadow would.

Technically, this is irrelevant for this thread, because I didn't actually play the game. But I wanted to say something, to warn others. I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The idea of a historically accurate action RPG caught my interest. I inserted the disc, expecting the usual roughly 15-20 mins to install all relevant updates. Not this time. This game features a mammoth update. I don't know how long it needs, but I started the update at 3 in the afternoon, by 11 at night, it was nowhere near a quarter way updated (and my PS4 WAS in rest mode). I do want to play the game, but it is so slow to install, it feels like each step closer to installing, there's a further 10 steps to go. It can't be my connection, as I have had no problems of a similar nature with other games. I'm going to trade it in for Past Cure (out next week), and hope that there is a GOTY release down the line, in which update won't need 50 years.
  • I ordered Arkham Knight last week was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, its the steelbook version with good artwork...

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Game-of-The-Year-Edition-74613-Detail.jpg

Early into it, it's not grabbed me like the two previous games as yet, there is not much stealth going on so far.

I have that same steelbook!
    Keep playing, it’s a good one. It’s worth it just to play as Michael Keaton!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I ordered Arkham Knight last week was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, its the steelbook version with good artwork...

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Game-of-The-Year-Edition-74613-Detail.jpg

Early into it, it's not grabbed me like the two previous games as yet, there is not much stealth going on so far.

I have that same steelbook!
    Keep playing, it’s a good one. It’s worth it just to play as Michael Keaton!

Very early in the game I have met up with Poison Ivy and done some damage with the Bat Mobile, I like the open world lay out, the deep scans in detective mode are pretty cool.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I count Batman: Arkham Knight as the ultimate Bat simulator. Already worth the market price for the open world capabilities alone and all the stuff you can do as Batman. It's also the most gorgeous video game I've seen to this point, so full of atmosphere that nails Gotham.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I count Batman: Arkham Knight as the ultimate Bat simulator. Already worth the market price for the open world capabilities alone and all the stuff you can do as Batman. It's also the most gorgeous video game I've seen to this point, so full of atmosphere that nails Gotham.

There are some great shots, I recorded the opening shot when the camera pans around Batman stood aloft antena/spire very cinematic.
  • All in all, I think Arkham City might be my favorite, but nothing will ever top how hard I laughed at one part in the first game: there was a security guard and an inmate dangling from a ledge about to fall-- Batman helps the guard, then helps the inmate..... and promptly knocks him out! :))

I liked Origins, the one people seemed to like least, but there is one thing in that game that's unforgivable: you must beat the game before you can use a different skin! That might not seem like a big deal, but that includes the ones YOU PAY FOR.
    I'm a little bitter on that because I beat the game once a long time ago, then lost my save file when my original PS3 died. One morning I saw the season pass was on sale so I grabbed it-- only to find I had to beat the game from scratch and couldn't use the skins until I did

angry_emoticon_classic_round_sticker-rd2b7de1fae81434fa8e80b997dd27cd1_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg
    I lost all my saves for Red Dead Redemption when I tried to access them on Xbox One. The saves expired on the Rockstar site very frustrating, it took me ages to get to Mexico.
  • @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I empathize.

It almost makes you miss these little buggers, doesn't it?

PS2_8MB_Memory_card.jpg
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I empathize.

It almost makes you miss these little buggers, doesn't it?

PS2_8MB_Memory_card.jpg

You read my mind, you can't beat the trusted memory card.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    All in all, I think Arkham City might be my favorite, but nothing will ever top how hard I laughed at one part in the first game: there was a security guard and an inmate dangling from a ledge about to fall-- Batman helps the guard, then helps the inmate..... and promptly knocks him out! :))

I liked Origins, the one people seemed to like least, but there is one thing in that game that's unforgivable: you must beat the game before you can use a different skin! That might not seem like a big deal, but that includes the ones YOU PAY FOR.
    I'm a little bitter on that because I beat the game once a long time ago, then lost my save file when my original PS3 died. One morning I saw the season pass was on sale so I grabbed it-- only to find I had to beat the game from scratch and couldn't use the skins until I did

angry_emoticon_classic_round_sticker-rd2b7de1fae81434fa8e80b997dd27cd1_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

@Master_Dahark, I remember that moment from Asylum well, and chuckle when it comes too. It's a very Batman move, to save a criminal and follow the rescue up with a punch with no hint of anything but seriousness from him. He's one of the driest characters there is, but that nature of his allows you to make comedy of a different sort by having him as the straight man in all situations. His super seriousness becomes as amusing as anything else.

I am with you on Origins, and really enjoy it. The winter theme, the gameplay that felt natural to the other games, and some great boss battles (personally my favorites of the series) and gadgets too (like that gun you can use to tie enemies up anywhere it'll hook). I think it was unfairly maligned, and will have more respect to its name in the future as people go back to experience it.

The issue about the skins is monumental for guys like us that are passionate about being what Batman we want, but I had another issue that put me at my wits end. I try to complete the challenges of every Batman game I like, and on Origins these challenges were often very difficult because you had a limited number of attempts to complete them. Some challenges could only be done in a few predator rooms in the game, for example, as only some rooms had specific challenge related takedowns available, so if you'd already beaten the game you'd have to play through the New Game Plus to get to that point again and do the challenge, even if it was near the end of the game. I got to the point where I had to play through some of that third game mode where the game would end and restart if you died once just to get the last challenges done, and I had to go back more than once to do so after dying during the Deathstroke fight.

What a headache, just to get that all black Batsuit that I loved because it made Batman look like he does in the Nolan films. Little did I know that in just a few years I'd be able to not only dress as Bale's Batman from the beginning of a Batman game, I'd also be able to tear around an open world Gotham in the actual Tumbler. How spoiled we are.
    I too started re-playing Fallout 4. Technically I never finished ir in the first place and since it's been over a year I last played it, I deleted my old saves and started a new game.

Also Dying Light and CoD: Infinity Warfare.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, I read they dropped another patch today, too. Good luck!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I've been playing Farpoint on PSVR. I went into this game completely blind. I was aware that it's a si-fi shooter set on an alien planet. However, I wasn't aware that it would involve GIANT SPIDERS THAT LEAP AT YOUR FACE!!! A good game, and very intense.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I too started re-playing Fallout 4. Technically I never finished ir in the first place and since it's been over a year I last played it, I deleted my old saves and started a new game.

Also Dying Light and CoD: Infinity Warfare.

I have Dying Light: The Following, and that is a really good game (though I still haven't finished it). I like how the game handles singleplayer/multiplayer.

I gave Kingdome Come: Deliverance a 2nd chance, and after a couple of hours, the update finished. Ok, even with the big update, I have still encountered the odd glitch* (one brief drop in audio, and a body that should have been dead, was standing like a scarecrow for a minute before slumping to the ground). Those problems aside, i'm actually liking the game. Think something along the lines of Skyrim without the magic and a more complex fight system, or a 1st person Assassin's Creed without the Animus (just like what the series was originally conceived as). The combat system initially feels clunky, but having had (and won) a few sword fights, it now feels fluid. That said, I have only had 1v1 fights, I understand things get hairy when you have 1v3 fights. The lock picking is tough, though not impossible. I haven't yet decided if it is better to try and pick locks quickly. It is unlike any lock picking mini game I have played before. With the right stick, you have to find the sweet spot, then with the left stick, you have to rotate the lock, but as you rotate the lock, you have to move the sweet spot in accordance to the position of the lock. So you have to move both sticks at the same time. From what I understand, the next patch will be about the lock picking.
    The game also has the feel of a life simulator, as you have to tend to wounds, sleep and eat, but any food you keep for to long, goes off and if eaten, gives you food poisoning, lowering your stats.

*It begs the question, just how buggy is the game if you don't install the updates?

@MajorDSmythe, I knew it was best to avoid a day one purchase of the game as soon as I saw a 20+ GB day one update. It'll be half price and patched a bunch in half a year or so, I figure.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe, I knew it was best to avoid a day one purchase of the game as soon as I saw a 20+ GB day one update. It'll be half price and patched a bunch in half a year or so, I figure.

I can't say that isn't a wise choice. There might be a GOTY edition down the line with all added DLC on disc as well as all the patches and whatnot already in the game. How long did it take to install the update? 4 hours... maybe 5. My earliest gaming memories were of playing my Sega Master System 2, where about a minute of powering up the console, you're at the game main menu or even playing the game. Now we have to wait to install updates, that should have been done when the game was still in development. Not my favourite aspect of modern gaming, that. I would much rather a game be delayed for glitches to be sorted, than to act as an unpaid tester for the developers.

I can't say that isn't a wise choice. There might be a GOTY edition down the line with all added DLC on disc as well as all the patches and whatnot already in the game. How long did it take to install the update? 4 hours... maybe 5. My earliest gaming memories were of playing my Sega Master System 2, where about a minute of powering up the console, you're at the game main menu or even playing the game. Now we have to wait to install updates, that should have been done when the game was still in development. Not my favourite aspect of modern gaming, that. I would much rather a game be delayed for glitches to be sorted, than to act as an unpaid tester for the developers.

It's the best route anymore because pretty much every game that comes out these days has some glaring issues and bugs in one form or another that'll take anywhere from weeks, months, or even years to fix. I think the only day one purchases I'll make this year will be Far Cry 5 (mainly for the co-op) and Red Dead Redemption 2. Anything else, I don't mind waiting on.

Speaking of waiting on games - I wanted Prey when it came out in May of last year, but just never picked it up for some reason. Cut to a week ago, and I bought it for $15 brand new, likely with a bunch of patches, as well. Can't beat that!
    James Bond The Duel, honestly not a bad 007 side scroller adventure it’s insanly hard as I can’t seem to beat the first mission I also am trying to get a working n64 and ps1 emulator
    @Creasy47 - I recently picked up Prey, brand new for £11.99. It's sat in the pile of games I haven't yet started.

@Risico007 - What platform are you playing The Duel on? I believe there were 3: Master System, Mega Drive and Genesis.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @Creasy47 - I recently picked up Prey, brand new for £11.99. It's sat in the pile of games I haven't yet started.

@Risico007 - What platform are you playing The Duel on? I believe there were 3: Master System, Mega Drive and Genesis.

@MajorDSmythe Prey is good. Over 40 hours of gameplay you're looking at once you get started.

@MajorDSmythe Prey is good. Over 40 hours of gameplay you're looking at once you get started.

Good to know. I don't want to start any more games yet, as i'm jugging enough as it is.

Genesis emulator

tried to get an n64 emulator working but no dice so far..

Also I got further in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm still in my WWII FPS phase, but I've extended it to the good, pre-Modern Warfare CODs as well. Fun fact: In order to play COD1 through Steam, I had to rename it "mohaa.exe", as in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
    I've been on a strange WWII kick recently and have bounced back and forth across pretty much every Medal of Honor game these last few days. Shame the series is pretty much dead.

Love the MoH games. Frontline is still a great game. Have it downloaded to the PS3 even though I've gone right through it on the old PS2. Have Airborne, but can't seem to get a handle on it (played Vanguard on PS2), must try again some other time.

I missed these two posts until now. But I wanted to say that the opening on MOH: Frontline, is one of those gaming moments you never forget. Where did it go wrong for the series, they were very popular at one point.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to checking it out. I go through periods where I fluctuate between focusing on TV/film and games, so I thought Prey would be the one to revitalize my interest, but instead, I got back into The Witcher 3 once again. The completionist in me would prefer to wrap this up in its entirety before moving on to a new game, which will either be Prey or next month's Far Cry 5.

Either way, I'm just hoping I can get through all of them completely before Red Dead Redemption 2 releases, because I know that'll end up taking up a large chunk of my free time.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to checking it out. I go through periods where I fluctuate between focusing on TV/film and games, so I thought Prey would be the one to revitalize my interest, but instead, I got back into The Witcher 3 once again. The completionist in me would prefer to wrap this up in its entirety before moving on to a new game, which will either be Prey or next month's Far Cry 5.

Either way, I'm just hoping I can get through all of them completely before Red Dead Redemption 2 releases, because I know that'll end up taking up a large chunk of my free time.

I have a similar problem, I am juggling a number of games at the moment, and I don't want to start another, until I have finished one that I am playing.
    @MajorDSmythe, same. I can jump between different multiplayer games no problem, but with bigger single player titles, I prefer tackling them one at a time.
    I've been on a strange WWII kick recently and have bounced back and forth across pretty much every Medal of Honor game these last few days. Shame the series is pretty much dead.

Love the MoH games. Frontline is still a great game. Have it downloaded to the PS3 even though I've gone right through it on the old PS2. Have Airborne, but can't seem to get a handle on it (played Vanguard on PS2), must try again some other time.

I missed these two posts until now. But I wanted to say that the opening on MOH: Frontline, is one of those gaming moments you never forget. Where did it go wrong for the series, they were very popular at one point.

CoD just took over. As I've been hopping back and forth, I've never noticed any hard dips in quality with the exception of Rising Sun, which is still a decent game on its own. The market just got over-saturated in WWII shooters, really, and the granddaddy of the genre was dumped aside in the process.

Though the reboot and Warfighter are simply basic, list-checking modern day shooters.
  • So..... anyone playing Metal Gear SURVIVE? :))

I was out shopping and saw it sitting on the shelf; not even the tiniest urge to grab it!