Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,043
    @Shardlake, I really like Tom Hughes too, as he reminds me of Fleming's Bond a bit in some features. I think right now the only thing hampering my view is the Brosnan thing he has going on. By which I mean, I think like Brosnan in the late 80s (when he was lined up for the role) he has yet to grow into a man yet. He still looks boyish, but in a few years maybe that'll change. But as with Norton, I find him far more agreeable than about 96% of others suggested.

By the way, have you seen Hughes in The Game? I'm interested to see it, just to see how he works in a spy setting and story.

Yes it was where I first saw him, my Wife is a big fan and we've been watching him in Victoria which I think he is pretty decent in.

Definitely catch The Game thoroughly enjoyed it and I got the Bond vibe from him there.
    Possibly he is too young and I understand your reservations due to his looks but Hughes is so much a better actor than PB would have been at this stage in his career.

I can see some great things coming from him in the future. Maybe casting a younger actor would guarantee more of a chance to get a good few entries out of them. Love DC as Bond (bar SPECTRE) but his age and injuries haven't been a plus in my opinion.

I think Hughes or Norton would be great, I'm also happy if Dan Stevens got a shot, although I think he might be a bit too known now for the role.

I love Hardy as an actor but I'll repeat it again not for Bond, he's just not right, he's too short and just don't see it.

As for established it's Fassbender and he might jump at the chance if offered due to the fact he appears to be box office poison of late.
    The Game was a good mini-series, and Hughes acted well in it. Not sold on him as Bond, but there aren't that many likely candidates, I guess.

Just finished season four of Columbo, having watched both season three and four during Christmas. The third season is probably my favourite of the two, but both season are really good. Starting on season five soon, and there's some episodes there I haven't seen in probably ten years or more, so that will be interesting.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    chrisisall wrote: »
    MV5BMTU1MTYwNjE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk2NDkwMDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    Got it for $10 and thought I'd give it a try since I hadn't seen it since it was broadcast in 1977. You know how you see something when you were young and you hate it, but when you see it again much later you can actually like it seeing it with new and more mature eyes?
    Well, this isn't one of those times. Utter crap.
    Oh well, the used DVD & record place gets another set and I'll get $2 back. ;)

Love the Michael York film I have it on dvd though never watched the TV show of Logans Run not even sure it aired in the UK. The actor on the cover looks familiar trying to remember where I recognise him from.

Yes, it was shown in the UK. ITV I think, remember seeing that long before seeing the film. But like the tv versions of Planet of the Apes not as good as the original films that inspired them.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    McMafia

Crappy title for this drama but it's pretty damn good.

We sure we want to dismiss Norton as a potential Bond candidate post Craig?

Trouble with Norton he has no machismo or gravitas. Those fight scenes were laughable, and his delivery carries all the menace of a ineffectual chinless wonder at a Henley Royal Regatta. Just because he looks kind of okay in a tux, it doesn't make him Bond material.

Apart from the people smuggling scenes, I'm finding McMafia rather turgid so far. Hopefully it picks up.
    I finished the fourth season of Black Mirror the other night. It was fine. Neither of the more recent Netflix seasons have matched the first two in quality. I recognize that BM is an anthology show, but the show seems to be becoming more of a standard sci-fi anthology series than Black Mirror. I'm not sure "Metalhead" belongs in BM the way the other episodes do, for instance.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    MV5BMTU1MTYwNjE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk2NDkwMDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    Got it for $10 and thought I'd give it a try since I hadn't seen it since it was broadcast in 1977. You know how you see something when you were young and you hate it, but when you see it again much later you can actually like it seeing it with new and more mature eyes?

Love the Michael York film I have it on dvd though never watched the TV show of Logans Run not even sure it aired in the UK. The actor on the cover looks familiar trying to remember where I recognise him from.

Yes, it was shown in the UK. ITV I think, remember seeing that long before seeing the film. But like the tv versions of Planet of the Apes not as good as the original films that inspired them.

The Apes TV series was actually really good IMO.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I remember The Planet of the Apes TV show playing on a Sunday night.

Death in Paradise S7 E1 welcome return this show is perfectly timed in the winter months, happy with the new lead the first story this series was a good one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

It was really very good. Too expensive for the ratings though.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It was really very good. Too expensive for the ratings though.

At the time I was not sure what I was watching as young, not even sure I had seen the first film by then. Would rewatch it for sure

Death in Paradise S7 E1 welcome return this show is perfectly timed in the winter months, happy with the new lead the first story this series was a good one.

And the previous series is being shown on Drama on Monday nights. I've only recently got into this, and have been catching up. Have now seen all episodes with Ben Miller, and Kris Marshall's first season. Perfect antidote to a dreary British winter!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,395

And the previous series is being shown on Drama on Monday nights. I've only recently got into this, and have been catching up. Have now seen all episodes with Ben Miller, and Kris Marshall's first season. Perfect antidote to a dreary British winter!

I am kind of the opposite I started watching from Chris Marshal and been catching up on the Ben Miller episodes on Netflix. The show is easy going though the locations are great, great scheduling by the BBC
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Black Mirror
    black-mirror.jpg

I just started season 3 last night. I honestly didn't like this show after watching the first two episodes from season 1 and quit watching after that. I'm glad I decided to come back to this show because now it's one of my favorites on Netflix.

I am kind of the opposite I started watching from Chris Marshal and been catching up on the Ben Miller episodes on Netflix. The show is easy going though the locations are great, great scheduling by the BBC

I see that the series starting on Drama tonight is Series 4, and the one that started on BBC1 last week is Series 7. Looks like I've got more episodes to catch up on than I thought!

I see that the series starting on Drama tonight is Series 4, and the one that started on BBC1 last week is Series 7. Looks like I've got more episodes to catch up on than I thought!

Yeah season 7 is the first full season with Ardal O'Hanlon, I think he has added something different than the other actors, it's good to keep the show fresh with the odd cast change.
    Thanks to my family in getting me NOW TV for Christmas as I now binge watching Marvels Agents Of SHIELD. Just over halfway through season 2 and really enjoying it!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Thanks to my family in getting me NOW TV for Christmas as I now binge watching Marvels Agents Of SHIELD. Just over halfway through season 2 and really enjoying it!

Good show hope you manage to make it to Season 4 before Sky pull the Box set, be wary of how long some series will be available for ;) Season 4 is brilliant.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed, Season 4 was a massive improvement over its abysmal predecessor.

Good show hope you manage to make it to Season 4 before Sky pull the Box set, be wary of how long some series will be available for ;) Season 4 is brilliant.

Duly noted!! Trust me I am going for it! Lol!

Ha ha I binge watched season 4 in just over two days last year lol I found it on the more4 app and it only had a few days left.

Ha ha I binge watched season 4 in just over two days last year lol I found it on the more4 app and it only had a few days left.

So even though I have saved to to my watch list? It would still disappear?

There is usually a date under an episode that's says when it's available too, Season 4 has only been on SKY a few weeks so should be around for a while yet.

There is usually a date under an episode that's says when it's available too, Season 4 has only been on SKY a few weeks so should be around for a while yet.

Ok, thanks for the tip off. Will take a look!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't know if any of you have gotten to season 5 of Agents of SHIELD yet, but it's significantly better than the already excellent season 4.
    I don't know if any of you have gotten to season 5 of Agents of SHIELD yet, but it's significantly better than the already excellent season 4.

Not yet Geektown website says Season 5 UK release is in Jan 2018 though there is no exact date, my guess it will be possibly February now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It must be me personally, but the future dystopian world set in space didn't capture my intrigue. Sure, I still watch the show and all... but I'm craving for the earthly spy adventures that these guys have had. It's kind of a mixture of The Matrix's real world and Aliens, this season.
    It must be me personally, but the future dystopian world set in space didn't capture my intrigue. Sure, I still watch the show and all... but I'm craving for the earthly spy adventures that these guys have had. It's kind of a mixture of The Matrix's real world and Aliens, this season.

Jeez I got a lot of catching up to do! After tomorrow I will have completed season 2!
    Watched five minutes of Celebrity Big Brother whilst channel hopping, what the... I feel old.
    Watched five minutes of Celebrity Big Brother whilst channel hopping, what the... I feel old.

As much as five minutes. Brave man. I just don't get it…and people watch this crap.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

As much as five minutes. Brave man. I just don't get it…and people watch this crap.

I watched the original series, way back, because it was new, fresh, fascinating. Take a dozen nobodies, lock them in a house, and watch them clash, around the clock. After that original series, there was no need to see anymore of it.

Me neither, I was at work, nearly every person had had plastic surgery and not for the better.

I watched the original series, way back, because it was new, fresh, fascinating. Take a dozen nobodies, lock them in a house, and watch them clash, around the clock. After that original series, there was no need to see anymore of it.

I watched the first show when it was presented as a genuine social experiment, on reflection I suspect the whole Nasty Nick thing was a Mole and set up.