Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Death in Paradise S7 episode 2, good fun this episode with a nod to TWINE.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Star Trek Discovery S1 E11. After a few bumpy episodes I think the series is finally comfortable in it's own skin. And the lead character who I hated at first, I'm finally starting to warm to. Looking forward to more.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just watched the very first episode of Black Mirror, really enjoyed it. Seems Rory Kinnear CAN act, these recent Bond scripts just aren't helping him.
    Season 1 of the Professionals and really enjoyed it bar "Klansman" which is quite a poor episode compared with the rest of the episodes. Funny to find that Campbell has directed a few episodes as well and compare the serie to his 007 work and stunts.

I will now have to find the next seasons to watch. They are not that bad when it comes to the current PC approach, only Bodie would be considered a throwback. But I guess that is the charm.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Last night I watched the Season 5 finale of Mad Men. There's a scene in the theater where the opening music from CR'67 begins. And the ending is a montage with You Only Live Twice playing. I was in total Bond geek mode.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Star Trek TNG Yesterday's Enterprise one of my favourite episodes.
    Star Trek TOS City on the Edge of Forever astounding television, possibly the greatest single episode in TV history.
  • 9-1-1 is a new show I’ve been watching on Hulu. Pretty damn good so far!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just finished Season 2 of Columbo and saved my favourite episode for the last. I initiated the marathon about a week ago. No complaints. One of the best police procedurals ever made.

While I did like all the episodes I've seen prior, including the 1968 pilot episode, "Etude In Black" stands out as my favourite once again with John Cassavetes giving one hell of a performance as the murderer, along with helluva of a soundtrack (all classical music, and dare I say the best of them).
    Just finished Season 2 of Columbo and saved my favourite episode for the last. I initiated the marathon about a week ago. No complaints. One of the best police procedurals ever made.

While I did like all the episodes I've seen prior, including the 1968 pilot episode, "Etude In Black" stands out as my favourite once again with John Cassavetes giving one hell of a performance as the murderer, along with helluva of a soundtrack (all classical music, and dare I say the best of them).

This is one of my favourites too, along with Murder by the Book. Currently watching season 7 myself. Season 6 wasn't as good as previous seasons, but the quality of the show by this point was still very high.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

This is one of my favourites too, along with Murder by the Book. Currently watching season 7 myself. Season 6 wasn't as good as previous seasons, but the quality of the show by this point was still very high.
    Etude in Black and Murder by the Book are both excellent episodes.

I agree on the score in this series too. It's truly top notch with several memorable riffs. The one that I recall the best is the suspense cue from The Greenhouse Jungle, when Ray Milland is driving his Rolls around.
    bondjames wrote: »

Etude in Black and Murder by the Book are both excellent episodes.

I agree on the score in this series too. It's truly top notch with several memorable riffs. The one that I recall the best is the suspense cue from The Greenhouse Jungle, when Ray Milland is driving his Rolls around.

This one?

The music in Columbo is really something. The small cues sprinkled around at the most memorable scenes, and tracks like the one above. Can't be many shows (if any) that matches Columbo in that department, either.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Season 1 of the Professionals and really enjoyed it bar "Klansman" which is quite a poor episode compared with the rest of the episodes. Funny to find that Campbell has directed a few episodes as well and compare the serie to his 007 work and stunts.

I will now have to find the next seasons to watch. They are not that bad when it comes to the current PC approach, only Bodie would be considered a throwback. But I guess that is the charm.

I have the whole lot on DVD,i love it.
    I know that 'Klansman' was banned from TV for a long while,in fact I think it was never aired,just put on the DVD's to complete the collection.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @Torgeirtrap , that wasn't it. It was a more suspenseful version of the cue you posted but I can't find it online. It was used in another episode later. I'd love to find it.

I really love this one too. It used to close out a few episodes and it's so reflective of the character (the description is incorrect btw - I think it's by the great Henry Mancini).

This is another classic by Billy Goldenberg (or Dave Grusin, not sure):

The quality of the compositions on 70's shows (including those from the UK) were in a different league.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap , that wasn't it. It was a more suspenseful version of the cue you posted but I can't find it online. It was used in another episode later. I'd love to find it.

I really love this one too. It used to close out a few episodes and it's so reflective of the character (the description is incorrect btw - I think it's by the great Henry Mancini).

This is another classic by Billy Goldenberg (or Dave Grusin, not sure):

The quality of the compositions on 70's shows (including those from the UK) were in a different league.

I see. Remember that cue, but haven't seen any audio clips of it. The other two tracks you posted are also very good. Up there with the best from Columbo, that's for sure!

Regarding compositions on 70's shows, there really is a lot of good stuff out there. Several cues and tracks from various shows have found it's place into my Spotify playlists – making a nice contrast to whatever else I listen to from time to time. That being said, there is a lot of good tv music missing on Spotify. With all that music available, there should be more tv music.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Disney s Zorro.
    Disney s Zorro.
    That's the greatest live action Zorro I've seen.
    Disney s Zorro.
    That's the greatest live action Zorro I've seen.

Greatest for me is probably the Alain Delon film from 1975, or THE MARK OF ZORRO from 1940.
    Started with season 2 of The Professionals, there seems to be a more serious tone and it is far more serious, gone is laughable intro with the lads jumping out of a Rolls Royce and doing a obstacle course. The stories are better as well.
    Continuing my binge box set watching of Marvels Agents Of Shield. Over halfway into season 4 now.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Continuing my binge box set watching of Marvels Agents Of Shield. Over halfway into season 4 now.

Episode 15 in season 4 is a cracker, fantastic TV.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond

It's probably my seventh time watching this BBC miniseries as I find it very highly entertaining. Dominic Cooper, even though not anywhere near being the Ian Fleming we know and love, plays a spectacular fictionalized version of the titular character, being portrayed as a sadistic and reckless brute which implies the making of the "blunt instrument" in his head as he'd later go on to filter it through his Bond novels.

Can I say how much I love Lara Pulver? Almost every character she plays anywhere captures my adoration, thus becoming my favourite actress of all time. She's like a more mature and period piece version of Eva Green with bit of a wildness given to her hence she's my muse for the female characters I write just as Sean Connery is for writing "a man for all seasons".

This miniseries serves more influence and muse to me for my book series than I could ever admit, even going as far to decide the World War II is still happening in an alternate universe 21st century that resembles the 1940s and early sixties, just to have my spies encounter more Nazis and put them down. It's so stylishly well made.

Then again, it must be Lara Pulver that hooks me into it more than the others.

It certainly was, gonna be gutted once I have caught up! Lol!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,395

You have done well to blast through all though episodes, season 5 should be on E4 soon just checked still no release date other than March 2018.

You have done well to blast through all though episodes, season 5 should be on E4 soon just checked still no release date other than March 2018.

Yeah I have made it a mission to catch up! Lol! Sounds like a similar time for when Homeland and the X Files return also before that. Lots more TV for me then!

Yeah I have made it a mission to catch up! Lol! Sounds like a similar time for when Homeland and the X Files return also before that. Lots more TV for me then!

It's good there is hardly a week that goes by without good shows, though my watch list is getting out of control lol

It's good there is hardly a week that goes by without good shows, though my watch list is getting out of control lol

Lol! I can certainly sympathise with that lately.
    Glad I don t have a tv anymore.
    Have been binge watching the first season of The Sopranos for a couple of days now. Probably my all time favorite tv show. Has not lost it's magic.
  • SharkBait wrote: »
    Have been binge watching the first season of The Sopranos for a couple of days now. Probably my all time favorite tv show. Has not lost it's magic.

I just finished watching this show on Blu-ray not too long ago. By far the greatest television show ever made.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SharkBait, I also gave it my very first viewing this past Thanksgiving; had nothing going on and had that whole week off, went through it in seven or eight days total. Definitely my favorite show of all time.