'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,104

Will definitely be buying this
    On friday, november 17th, during the Children in need telethon, BBC 1 will air an extract from the Christmas special. More details here :

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-07/new-doctor-who-christmas-special-scene-to-be-unveiled-on-children-in-need/
    Gerard wrote: »
    On friday, november 17th, during the Children in need telethon, BBC 1 will air an extract from the Christmas special. More details here :

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-07/new-doctor-who-christmas-special-scene-to-be-unveiled-on-children-in-need/

Yes!
    No not for me,i cant stand Children in Need,so I will wait for Xmas.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Fiona Bruce and Children in Need ... need I say more!
    Dennison wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

Fiona Bruce and Children in Need ... need I say more!

Exactly !!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Never watched the show (Children in Need) plus trying to avoid any spoilers before the finale.
    The clip I am sure will appear on this thread soon after the event!
    I'll put that one under spoiler :
    23379848_2106640579349958_7216483921715740550_n.jpg?oh=08ae575a82ccd86aee9c41a2a4c415f3&oe=5AAA4F1C

Yes, apparently it's the new Doctor's costume. Not sure about the rainbow shirt or the suspenders/braces, but love that coat.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 1,031
    I'll put that one under spoiler :
    23379848_2106640579349958_7216483921715740550_n.jpg?oh=08ae575a82ccd86aee9c41a2a4c415f3&oe=5AAA4F1C

Yes, apparently it's the new Doctor's costume. Not sure about the rainbow shirt or the suspenders/braces, but love that coat.

That's so cool!

But it feels familiar ...

'nanoo nanoo'
    Or "Did I do that ?"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I like it.
    Nice subtle changes on the TARDIS too.

Getting excited now!
    Looks like she's just taken the Tardis for a shopping-spree trip to Top Shop to get her new outfit. I know I should refrain from commenting about this show anymore but honestly, what's to like about that photo?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 13,882
    Possible refferences to past Doctors in the new costume:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-09/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-costume-outfit/

I honestly don't know if I will be watching the new series. The last series rubbed me up the wrong way, so this time, I will wait a couple of episode and see what is said, before I jump in. I'll say that the costume brought to mind Geoffrey from Rainbow, and leave it at that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That outfit is heavily reminiscent of Mork & Mindy.
    She looks good in anything...I do have a crush on her,have done for a while,so I'm a happy bunny he he.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yup ! Here it is :

Was not impressed by that clip why is Gatiss there again, and ruining the two Doctors scene.
    In other news : Four novellizations of episodes from the new series will be published in april 2018. So we'll get Rose, by Russel T. Davies, The Christmas Invasion, by Jenny T. Colgan, The Day of the Doctor, by Steven Moffat, and Twice Upon a Time, by Paul Cornell.

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-15/doctor-who-books-steven-moffat-russell-t-davies/
    In other news : Four novellizations of episodes from the new series will be published in april 2018. So we'll get Rose, by Russel T. Davies, The Christmas Invasion, by Jenny T. Colgan, The Day of the Doctor, by Steven Moffat, and Twice Upon a Time, by Paul Cornell.

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-15/doctor-who-books-steven-moffat-russell-t-davies/
    Much rather have RTD and Cornell back on the series proper, but all those ought to be fun reads besides.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yup ! Here it is :

Looks fun! Roll on the next 5 weeks or so!
    Rumour has it that Murray Gold will leave the show after "Twice Upon A Time" :

cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-composer-murray-gold-has-left-the-show

Let's hope he'll find the time to release the soundtracks for season 9 and 10, then. Because I don't want to sound impatient, but it's been a long time we've waited for the first one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Not sure if this has been posted before:

Doctors 4-8, more Doctors in one place than any other time.
    Not sure if this has been posted before:

Doctors 4-8, more Doctors in one place than any other time.

Good watch never seen that before, I am due to revisit the 50th specials The Five(ish) Doctors was great fun.
    This is interesting !

Tom Baker is back as Doctor Who – in live action!

BBFyKUV.img?h=364&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=617&y=353

36 years since his last major appearance as the Doctor, Tom Baker has reprised the role for a new Doctor Who scene.

The sequence is part of a new version of Baker's classic story 'Shada' from 1979.
    The six-episode serial was originally abandoned partway through filming due to strike action at the BBC.

But a new release – available now to download and on DVD from Monday, December 4 – has combined the existing footage with new animation to finally complete the story.

It had previously been announced that Baker would be voicing the Doctor again in the animated scenes, but the new 'Shada' also includes a live-action sequence featuring Baker back as the Doctor.

Rather than recreate the final missing scene in animation, a closing exchange in the TARDIS was filmed with Tom in 2017 at BBC Television Centre.

Delivering the dialogue written for him by 'Shada' scribe Douglas Adams back in '79, Baker says: "I expect that sometime in the future - in about 200 years' time - someone will meet me and say, is that really the Doctor? He seemed such a nice old man."

Baker originally played the fourth Doctor from 1974 to 1981. Since then, he's appeared in the Children in Need charity mini-special 'Dimensions in Time' in 1993 and in Doctor Who's 50th anniversary special, 'The Day of the Doctor', as the mysterious Curator.

Of reprising his role again, Baker said: "When I was doing Doctor Who, it was the realisation of all my childhood fantasies... so I took to it like a duck to water, and I still do. Doctor Who was more important than life to me - I used to dread the end of rehearsal... that's why I can't stay away from it."

'Shada' finds the Doctor in Cambridge working alongside Romana and a retired Time Lord, Professor Chronotis, to defeat the evil alien Skagra who is attempting to steal the secrets to the prison planet, Shada.

New pic and synopsis here :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/11/twice-upon-time-new-image-and-synopsis.html

image.php?pid=25527&w=900
    Twice Upon A Time - The Doctor Who Christmas Special - 1x60’, BBC One

The magical final chapter of the Twelfth Doctor’s (Peter Capaldi) journey sees the Time Lord team up with his former self, the first ever Doctor (David Bradley - Harry Potter, Game of Thrones) and a returning Bill Potts (Pearl Mackie), for one last adventure.

Two Doctors stranded in an Arctic snowscape, refusing to face regeneration. Enchanted glass people, stealing their victims from frozen time. And a World War One captain destined to die on the battlefield, but taken from the trenches to play his part in the Doctor's story.

An uplifting new tale about the power of hope in humanity’s darkest hours, Twice Upon A Time marks the end of an era. But as the Doctor must face his past to decide his future, his journey is only just beginning...
    I would not mind Bill returning if she had not become a Cyberman and then a immortal super puddle, I am not keen on Moffat putting his deus ex machina from the previous episode in the Christmas special.

Good advice by Matt Smith
    I've been watching some of the classic adventures. Right now, I finished "The Keeper of Traken", and I'm about to start "Logopolis". That season is a bit of a mixed bag, for me. The very good ("state of Decay", the aforementioned "Keeper...") is mixed with the WTF ("Warrior's gate" is one of the most psychedelic episodes since "The Mind Robber" and "The Web Planet". It's also a bit boring). Still, all in all, not a bad send-off for Tom Baker.
    I have just finished the Tom Baker era, and it ended with a bang.

For more recent news, it's official : the Christmas episode "Twice Upon A Time" will air on BBC One, on monday, december 25th, at 17.30 GMT :

doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldis-final-episode-dated-christmas-day-time-slot-confirmed-86459.htm

And here's a link to pics from the episode :

doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldis-final-episode-dated-christmas-day-time-slot-confirmed-86459.htm