Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

• Spectre cost $50 million more to make than Skyfall and grossed $250 million less. I think the producers will try to keep Daniel Craig, but go in a new direction with the story. Blofeld might be back, but Madeleine won't. I think Bond 25 will also be shorter and much less expensive. At least this is what seemed to happen in the past.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ehaase wrote: »
    I think Bond 25 will also be shorter and much less expensive. At least this is what seemed to happen in the past.

IMHO, there was no reason for SP to be as long as it was. It didn't have--nor earn--the epic arc and running time of OHMSS, CR, or SF.
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Bravo guys! There are very interesting reads in this thread! Heres my pre-titles sequence, and well...its pretty long, as I took quite some time coming up with this.

Bond 25 Outline (fanmade) by Omega X

PRETITLE SEQUENCE:
    It starts with the gunbarrel sequence, but when the blood flows down it forms a SPECTRE logo. Next it immediately shows a backlit Blofeld being led down a hallway by many armed guards. The Spectre theme sounds and as we follow Blofeld through the maximum security prison (showing the audience the security features of it in the meantime). There will be flashes to a court hearing where we are introduced to his character and Bond, who testifies against Blofeld. In the end he is sentenced to death, and it cuts immediately to Blofeld walking in the hallway again without seeing his reaction to the sentence. We then follow Blofeld to an interrogation room, where we meet Bond and M. They chat (typical villain vs hero stuff "This is hardly the end", "Admit it Blofeld, you are powerless here" etc). We learn that the facility that Blofeld is in is codenamed "Tarturus", an isolated island built with the sole purpose of containing extremely dangerous MI6 villains, plus a few references to previous villains, and his cell is essentially a giant metal cube, embedded deep underground. The chat ends with Blofeld screaming "You should have killed me when u had the chance James!". Next, Blofeld proceeds into his cell, looks indifferent, and smiles. Meanwhile, Bond and M are approached by several guards who show them the belongings that were found on Blofeld during his arrest. Bond and M examine it, but as Bond picks up a SPECTRE ring, he felt a searing pain in his head before the entire power supply of the facility is lost. Now Tarturus has its security systems and defence capabilities down, and several explosions shook the building, with missiles fired at it from an unknown source. Bond awakes groggily amongst the chaos (hes the only one knocked out during the EMP blast) with the guards and M trapped inside the administrative part of the facility. In the meantime, more missiles are fired at the rock face of Tarturus. Blofeld is pretty shaken up, being thrown about in his cube. Now a swarm of drones proceed to Blofeld's metal cube, and latch themselves to the exterior of it. Some drones serve as "engines/rocket boosters", "cameras", others start drilling through the metal wall of his cell, and several act as weapons, to defend Blofelds cell. Now Bond, M and the guards are struggling to break through the door (the irony) and a convinent missile detonated, caving in a part of the wall allowing them to proceed to Blofelds cell. They reached his cell just as it was beginning to fly (due to the drones attached to it), and the weapons kill most of the guards and wounds M (in the leg this time =P). Bond takes a different route and manages to latch onto the cell as it flies out of the facility (maybe with a heroic jump or two =P). The drones had cut through the wall of the cell and passes an earpiece to Blofeld. He puts it on, and a woman's voice crooned "Enjoying your ride, Ernst?" Bond is hanging on for his dear life as it whizzes across the water/sea towards what seems like a forest. He is spotted by the cameras and Blofeld, and a fistfight starts, with several interesting situations happening like them trying to use the drones against each other. (One concern would be that this would be too similar to the helicopter scene in SP, so I would try too set it apart with different cinematography, camera angles and fighting styles.). We are then shown a SPECTRE member reporting to a woman informing her that Bond is on Blofelds cell, and is currently fighting him. We then get to see her face, annoyed and calculative, before her saying "Send the *insert cool name here* squad. Terminate him." A fleet of weaponised drones arrive and start shooting at Bond. With his handgun and several gadgets from Q, Bond manages to take some of them out. The fight with Blofeld is getting to a climax when Blofeld had Bond against the floor, but Bond escapes out, using the drones as handgrips. However, a drone dispatches from the main cell, causing Bond to lose his balance and fall. He manages to grab hold to the drone that dispatched, and he continued to be suspended in the air due to the drone. Having received orders to crash the drone that Bond was on, the drone plunged to the forest underneath, but Bond manages to get to its circuit board, and by punching it, gets it to slow down.

TITLE SEQUENCE
    JAMES BOND IN *title to be decided =P, probably Firestorm*

ACT 1
    to be added

Sorry for the long read and thanks for reading! =D
  • It's certainly an interesting treatment and in some ways reminds me of the theft from Oceans 13 with them pulling the safe out through the top of the building connected to a helicopter - but your descriptions of the prison and the drones confused me somewhat.

You have the cell being deep underground, but then the drones being able to easily access - and fly a whole cell reasonably intact - out of the underground compound.

I'm not sure why Bond is knocked unconscious and nobody else is (assuming this will be explained later) - but it seems irresponsible for M and the other MI6 staff to just leave him behind and retreat to the administration block. But you have the EMP going off whilst Bond and M are together - so the EMP would have trapped M and the other MI6 staff members with Bond, not allowed them to escape.

Perhaps rework it to have Tanner stuck with Bond in the prison - and M watching on from the administration block?

Further - how BIG are these drones? They can fit down the corridors of a maximum security prison and several can fit into the room that Blofeld's cell is in, but are then somehow big enough for Bond to ride. You're probably not going to get from an isolated island to a forest environment on the mainland in under the ten minutes of screentime you've got in the pretitles - assuming for drama's sake you go for a near continuous shot and there's no massive time jump with Bond on top of the cell.

You might want to go with Bond falling out of the cell on a cliff-top and tumbling so he grabs the edge of the cliff - and is left hanging there as the cell is taken away - a literal cliffhanger before the title sequence.

In addition - we don't have the death penalty in the UK anymore. It was suspended in 1965 and permanently struck off the books in 1969. Even treason and espionage was struck off as reasons for the death penalty by 1998 - with an EU convention in 2003 (iirc) outlawing the death penalty in ALL circumstances.

So you'd need to convert Blofeld's sentence to life imprisonment.
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    edited January 2016 Posts: 39
    @thefourteenth First thanks so much for your comments! Yea there are some things i have to clarify about this:

Well erm the cube is indeed underground, but i think a better option now would be having it in an atrium of sorts inside the facility. I was thinking along the lines of using missiles to reach the cell but yea its quite unreleastic =p

About bond, well it would be revealed after the titles that Blofeld implanted a chip inside Bonds head (inspired by a post i read eariler in this thread) and when it comes in electrical contact with Blofelds ring an EMP blast will result, and as EMP blasts do not knock people unconscious (according to wikipedia at least =p) but i dont want bond to have an emp blast activiated in his head and remain unharmed so he got knocked out.

About the administrative building, i left out in my post that when M and Bond were approached with the ring they are already in the administrative building, as one could consider it as the only exit for a prison as secure as Tarturus.

Well, the drones are as big as the one that Obi Wan latches on in Episode 2 so yea i was inspired by that =p

Oh ya the cliffhanger scene (pun intended) would fit much more nicely i think i will change that to making Bond and the drone spiralling down (drone damaged) and eventually landing on the cliff. Thanks so muchfor the suggestion! =D

I was unaware about the death sentense issue, feeling a bit embarressed now =p, yea i will edit that bit out too thanks!
  • Perhaps if you're going to have the cell be in an open atrium - perhaps something like one of these sea forts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Boyard_(fortification)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Land_Fort
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Sand_Fort

They all exist - and the latter two are off the British coast (and in proximity to each other coincidentally).
  • Guntram_ShatterhandGuntram_Shatterhand The Shadows
    I'm reminded of a couple of things when reading that, it's not really that similar but I'll place them nonetheless.

Azkaban.jpg
    The story of the island prison reminds me, oddly enough, of Azkaban from the movies, not the books. The movie version was very dramatic and minimalistic through its triangular shape, a similar idea as Ken Adam used in some designs of his.

Ken-Adams-Dr-No.jpg
    The cell itself reminds me more of the Ken Adam room in Dr. No, with its square shape and minimalist style. Although this version would require a more dark steel look, but just as empty and minimalistic, maybe with a nice white ceiling light as well.

Just my two cents anyway
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Perhaps if you're going to have the cell be in an open atrium - perhaps something like one of these sea forts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Boyard_(fortification)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Land_Fort
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Sand_Fort

They all exist - and the latter two are off the British coast (and in proximity to each other coincidentally).

Yea I was also thinking along the same line! I drew out a sketch of Tarturus which does indeed borrow elements from the forts's designs too. Thanks!

23830072630_233ec8720f.jpg

I'm reminded of a couple of things when reading that, it's not really that similar but I'll place them nonetheless.

Azkaban.jpg
    The story of the island prison reminds me, oddly enough, of Azkaban from the movies, not the books. The movie version was very dramatic and minimalistic through its triangular shape, a similar idea as Ken Adam used in some designs of his.

Ken-Adams-Dr-No.jpg
    The cell itself reminds me more of the Ken Adam room in Dr. No, with its square shape and minimalist style. Although this version would require a more dark steel look, but just as empty and minimalistic, maybe with a nice white ceiling light as well.

Just my two cents anyway

Thanks for sharing yr thoughts! Well the escape from Azkaban scene did come to mind when planning this storyline, but it seemed too easy in the movie. (Just break a layer of walls and the prisoners are free?) Yes I do agree that the design of Azkaban in the movies is truly unique, yet being relatively simple.

To be honest I didn't put much thought into the interior of Blofeld's cell, but I would guess that something like that of Dr No would suit the scene quite nicely. =)

• OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    I'm still planning Act 1, but damn, original ideas for action scenes are indeed quite hard to find nowadays huh? :P
    I like the idea of an island prison. I like that very much.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ludovico wrote: »

It actually is a perfect idea. Shades of Guantanamo or Alcatraz.
    echo wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

It actually is a perfect idea. Shades of Guantanamo or Alcatraz.

And I can imagine some interesting escapes.
  • RC7RC7
    Interesting read @OmegaX I also wrote a B25 treatment featuring an island prison off Croatia. Very different scenario, but similar location.
  • Bond 25 idea. Title To Die Is To Live

Blofeld has escaped and Bond knows him and Swann are in danger and this leads to Bond making the decision for Swann's memory to be wiped with a similar technique from the needle torture scene from SP. They also change Swann's appearance and in an attack by Blofeld make it look like she has died.

This sends Bond into a rage and he wants Blofeld once and for all and leads to a climatic scene at a top secret location, where Blofeld escapes and Swann has a new identity and new life in France.

The film ends with Bond watching her on a screen at MI6 HQ. Bond is with Moneypenny and she says we can watch her and make sure she is ok and Bond replies no and Moneypenny asks why and Bond replies To Die Is To Live. As Bond walks out the door Moneypenny asks what now and Bond turns and smiles pointing at his face on a computer screen with INACTIVE stamped across it, best make that Active.

This would allow DC to hang up his Walther PPK and for Bond 26 Title Idea Finger On The Trigger, the introduction of a new Bond for 2020.
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Thanks guys!

@RC7 Would love to read your version of Bond 25! =)

@scouse007 Thats indeed an interesting way to handle the character of Madelene, does remind me of Mission Impossible 4 in a sense, but they only went for the new identity part. Love the ending which ends the DC era very nicely in the traditional spirit of Bond. =)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Really sorry...rather have a nice mission story vs. another LTK custody breakout.

Just can't get excited at all with what options SP gave us.

Maybe a way out of the mess of having to deal with Blofeld's escape from custody is to do a time jump and have him already out of prison and on the run. Maybe Bond's mission in the PTS involves him trying to track down Irma Bunt after she went into hiding following her breaking Blofeld out of custody. It's not something that I've given much thought to in terms of the specifics of it, but the basic idea of jumping ahead past the time that Blofeld escapes could help get them out of the corner they've painted themselves into.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    I have the perfect Bond 25 down. Seriously, EON, get in touch. I'm cheap.

It's called.....

"BLOFELD" or "THE TRIAL OF BLOFELD"

The story is essentially a continuation of SP whilst melding together Fleming's OHMSS and YOLT novels.

The Pre-titles:

No James Bond sadly. I'm gonna take a page from the Nolan handbook and use the opening the film to really establish the villain and build him up as a threat. The film will open at the Royal Courts of Justice where Blofeld is on trial.

royal_courts_of_justice.jpg

It's the last day and things have been building up to his inevitable sentencing. Blofeld is carried from his holding cell at Belmarsh in an armoured van. M makes sure that Blofeld is transported safely; they share a few barbs bethind his cell. Soon we are at his trial; all of the MI6 team are present and just before his sentence Blofeld is given a chance to speak. Here Waltz should give a fantastic speech in league with the material he got given when he played Landa in "Inglourious Basterds". Just then he gets sprung as Spectre turn up and shoot up the Court and lead him out of the Court.

They throw him in the back of an armoured van and race down the strand on to Waterloo Bridge. The MI6 team and the local police pursue Blofeld. The person is charge of the pursuit is Moneypenny (Naomie Harris was a little wasted in SP - I want the kick-ass Moneypenny to return). Anyway Blofeld is able to cause Moneypenny to crash her car over the edge of Waterloo Bridge. The PTS ends with Blofeld escaping as M realises that he's lost Moneypenny and Blofeld is gone.

article-2364712-1AD5F3A1000005DC-367_634x436.jpg

Cue Main-Title Sequence

First Act:

It should be established the reason why Blofeld was able to escape was due to him having a mole at the very centre of MI6. M has no one he can trust, his organisation is in tatters, the 00 Division is practically dead, Moneypenny is gone and his crowning accomplishment of capturing Blofeld has fallen apart. M is a wreck and he can't trust anyone. He's royally f**ked.

Enter Bond: He's living in Jamaica and finding it hard to adjust to his new life away from MI6. He is still with Madeline and they are running a bar and living in a lovely house (I reckon they should have him stay in Fleming's Goldeneye estate for these bits).

goldeneye2.jpg

He knows nothing aside from being a spy and the accidie and boredom that Fleming often talked about his taking hold and he's finding solace in drink. Rumours surround the island that he was once an infamous secret agent, but the locals laugh it off. How could the Englishman who runs that shitty bar be anything more than a pathetic alcoholic. It's putting pressure on him and Madeline but they are still strong.

Soon Mallory comes and see Bond and tells him about his situation. Bond couldn't care less. However, what sparks Bond's fire is the news that Moneypenny was killed in the chase by Blofeld. 007 is shocked and wounded. M dosen't ask Bond to return, but instead says he needs someone to operate outside the system: To spy on the spies. Essentially, this film will the Bondian interpretation of "Tinker Tailor". If Bond can find the mole he can find Blofeld. Mallory plays on Bond's weaknesses; If Bond doesn't want to return he can at least come back for Moneypenny; after all she gave her life fighting for this.

Bond tells Madeline that he has to do this and she accepts, however, she's coming with him. It's indicated at this point that Madeline has a personal secret she's keeping from Bond.

Back in London, Bond realises that M lied to him. Moneypenny isn't dead, she's hard up in hospital but alive and conscious. M owns up to manipulating Bond to get him back as he needed his assistance desperately. I want to see a slightly more harder and machiavellian side to Mallory, after all, he's the head of a spy agency, he needs to be able to play on people's emotions and manipulate their trust in him.

Bond and Q work outside the system and begin hunting for the mole. Somehow they find the mole had dealings in India with someone from Spectre. Bond heads there to investigate. Madeline wishes to come but Bond insists she stays in London with Q and M. She obliges. When the story crosses back from Bond's mission back to London, Madeline will continue to play a key role. She knows Spectre, therefore can help the team.

Bond heads to India and there encounters a CIA operative, sorta akin to Black Widow from the "Avengers" films; a real kick-ass bitch. I'm thinking Jessica Chastain:

jessica-chastain-has-had-discussions-with-marvel.jpg

Anyway it turns out she's actually Spectre and she's there to tidy-up any mess left behind from the mole. The first big action sequence involving Bond should be a chase with her that should end with 007 getting his arse handed to. We need a really great female henchman for Bond to tussle with. She'll turn up in every act to give Bond hell and will eventually die at the end of the film.

After the fight, Bond is badly injured and sends a distress call to Q. When Madeline find out she panics; remember, she has a BIG SECRET.....

Act Two:

Bond has discovered whilst in India that Spectre are still in operation and currently the new acting head is called Irma Bunt. A former German spy known for her brutual interrogation methods. Obviously she will be played by Tilda Swinton:

4de505ae23e873be_96963400.jpg

Bond receives word that Bunt is in Japan and will be attending a swanky party being hosting by a Japanese official.

Meanwhile, back in London, Mallory's life is going from bad to worse. He's being used as a scapegoat for Blofeld's escape and everyone is questioning his worth. He's tired, beleaguered and running out of steam. He knows he has to keep fighting and discover the mole but there is pressure above for him to fall on his sword. He inevitably gives in. He's publicly sacked and disgraced. His Chief of Staff, Bill Tanner, will act as the new head of MI6 until a new appointment is made.

Anyway in Japan; Bond can't get into the party, that's until Madeline turns up and walks straight past security looking the part. She'll stay with Bond now for the rest of the movie. Bond's identity is revealed at the party by Chastain (Cue large action sequence in Tokyo) and Irma captures him and uses her classic interrogation skills on him (No idea what these could be). But a mysterious Japanese man at the party who eyes Bond saves him.

Act Three:

This is Tiger Tanaka, obviously. Tiger knows who Bond is and informs him that he'll be reporting him to the authorizes, that is unless he works for Japanese intelligence and helps them with a 'problem'. The important Japanese bigwig who set up the party earlier has got involved with a scientist who's up to no good called Shatterhand. However, Shatterhand isn't all he seems to be.....Bond agrees to kill the man when he finds out that it is Blofeld. Also Tiger reveals that he knows who MI6's mole is, if Bond does the assignment he will hand over the information. The rest of the film will pretty much play out as the YOLT novel does.

519126241_16_570_411.jpg

Bond will travel to the Garden of Death in his quest to kill Blofeld. You will have to continue the whole Cain and Abel-esque story set up in SP. This is a story of brothers hunting one another and trying to cause each other the most pain. Blofeld should be a significant character from this point on in the story and should figure heavily. I want Waltz to get some really meaty material, I also think that M should come to Japan after his firing (I'm sick of these films sticking that character in London for the dry expositional scenes).

It will also be revealed that the MI6 mole is.....drumroll please.........TANNER! Mainly as he is the most dispensable member of the MI6 team, and also because Rory Kinnear is an amazing actor. His theater work is fantastic (his Iago and Hamlet are beyond impressive) and these films have somehow figured a way to waste his talents on three different occasions. Kinnear needs to be used, he's too good for the role they've lumped him in. Tanner was contacted by Spectre after Judi's M died, since then he has been a subversive character in MI6. Initially, he was forced to work for Spectre, however, he has since got a taste of power and become a true believer in Spectre's new world order.

The finale will involve Blofeld killing Madeline by ruthlessly shooting her in the head right after she reveals to Bond that she is pregnant with his kid. (Maybe Blofeld should even kill M.)

In the finale, Blofeld's plan will be revealed; with the help from the shady Japanese bigwig, Blofeld and Irma have created a new biological weapon, he plans to unleash it unless he is acquitted and granted international amnesty for his involvement in Spectre. Anyway, Bond will inevitably foil Blofeld's plan and strangle him to death at the close of the film.

Essentially, I'm borrowing from Fleming a lot here; one of the big themes of Flemings books was Bond craving a normal life only to have it constantly denied to him due to the profession he has chosen. By taking on the role of 'the secret agent' Bond has to acknowledge he will never have a normal life and any attempt to leave it all behind will never work out. It was always foolish for 007 to believe he could drive off into the sunset with Madeline.

He needs to have his world rocked. Also Blofeld needs to earn his status as the franchise's 'supervillain'. In SP we just saw him claiming to have been the author of all Bond's pain, we actually need to SEE him destroy Bond's world.

At the end of the film, Bond reluctantly comes back to Mi6 knowing that he will forever be 007. I love a good morose ending. It would also be a nice end to the Craig era and would allow a new actor to start afresh with the Blofeld arc closed off.

Suit-Porn-Daniel-Craig-in-Tom-Ford-2-500x333.jpg

There you have.

Get in touch EON.

This is definitely the most impressive story on this forum, although it seems unlikely EON will want to close off the Blofeld/Spectre arc after just two movies, especially considering how long they've waited for the rights.
    dalton wrote: »
    Maybe a way out of the mess of having to deal with Blofeld's escape from custody is to do a time jump and have him already out of prison and on the run. Maybe Bond's mission in the PTS involves him trying to track down Irma Bunt after she went into hiding following her breaking Blofeld out of custody. It's not something that I've given much thought to in terms of the specifics of it, but the basic idea of jumping ahead past the time that Blofeld escapes could help get them out of the corner they've painted themselves into.

That would be cheating with the audience I think. If they put him in jail, they have to see how he gets out of jail. And they did not put themselves in a corner: villains escaping prison is a common trope in fiction and if done properly it can really up the ante.
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    @Pierce2Daniel Wow thats a great story! The two twists were very nicely done i totally didnt expect them

@dalton well that would be better if there are flashbacks to the prison escape somewhere in the film itself imo as the audience would not be that confused.

@mcdonbb as SP ended with Blofeld captured i would say that a prison escape in some form is inevitable. But i would try and make it a traditional mission style film too.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I have the perfect Bond 25 down. Seriously, EON, get in touch. I'm cheap.

It's called.....

"BLOFELD" or "THE TRIAL OF BLOFELD"

The story is essentially a continuation of SP whilst melding together Fleming's OHMSS and YOLT novels.

The Pre-titles:

No James Bond sadly. I'm gonna take a page from the Nolan handbook and use the opening the film to really establish the villain and build him up as a threat. The film will open at the Royal Courts of Justice where Blofeld is on trial.

royal_courts_of_justice.jpg

It's the last day and things have been building up to his inevitable sentencing. Blofeld is carried from his holding cell at Belmarsh in an armoured van. M makes sure that Blofeld is transported safely; they share a few barbs bethind his cell. Soon we are at his trial; all of the MI6 team are present and just before his sentence Blofeld is given a chance to speak. Here Waltz should give a fantastic speech in league with the material he got given when he played Landa in "Inglourious Basterds". Just then he gets sprung as Spectre turn up and shoot up the Court and lead him out of the Court.

They throw him in the back of an armoured van and race down the strand on to Waterloo Bridge. The MI6 team and the local police pursue Blofeld. The person is charge of the pursuit is Moneypenny (Naomie Harris was a little wasted in SP - I want the kick-ass Moneypenny to return). Anyway Blofeld is able to cause Moneypenny to crash her car over the edge of Waterloo Bridge. The PTS ends with Blofeld escaping as M realises that he's lost Moneypenny and Blofeld is gone.

article-2364712-1AD5F3A1000005DC-367_634x436.jpg

Cue Main-Title Sequence

First Act:

It should be established the reason why Blofeld was able to escape was due to him having a mole at the very centre of MI6. M has no one he can trust, his organisation is in tatters, the 00 Division is practically dead, Moneypenny is gone and his crowning accomplishment of capturing Blofeld has fallen apart. M is a wreck and he can't trust anyone. He's royally f**ked.

Enter Bond: He's living in Jamaica and finding it hard to adjust to his new life away from MI6. He is still with Madeline and they are running a bar and living in a lovely house (I reckon they should have him stay in Fleming's Goldeneye estate for these bits).

goldeneye2.jpg

He knows nothing aside from being a spy and the accidie and boredom that Fleming often talked about his taking hold and he's finding solace in drink. Rumours surround the island that he was once an infamous secret agent, but the locals laugh it off. How could the Englishman who runs that shitty bar be anything more than a pathetic alcoholic. It's putting pressure on him and Madeline but they are still strong.

Soon Mallory comes and see Bond and tells him about his situation. Bond couldn't care less. However, what sparks Bond's fire is the news that Moneypenny was killed in the chase by Blofeld. 007 is shocked and wounded. M dosen't ask Bond to return, but instead says he needs someone to operate outside the system: To spy on the spies. Essentially, this film will the Bondian interpretation of "Tinker Tailor". If Bond can find the mole he can find Blofeld. Mallory plays on Bond's weaknesses; If Bond doesn't want to return he can at least come back for Moneypenny; after all she gave her life fighting for this.

Bond tells Madeline that he has to do this and she accepts, however, she's coming with him. It's indicated at this point that Madeline has a personal secret she's keeping from Bond.

Back in London, Bond realises that M lied to him. Moneypenny isn't dead, she's hard up in hospital but alive and conscious. M owns up to manipulating Bond to get him back as he needed his assistance desperately. I want to see a slightly more harder and machiavellian side to Mallory, after all, he's the head of a spy agency, he needs to be able to play on people's emotions and manipulate their trust in him.

Bond and Q work outside the system and begin hunting for the mole. Somehow they find the mole had dealings in India with someone from Spectre. Bond heads there to investigate. Madeline wishes to come but Bond insists she stays in London with Q and M. She obliges. When the story crosses back from Bond's mission back to London, Madeline will continue to play a key role. She knows Spectre, therefore can help the team.

Bond heads to India and there encounters a CIA operative, sorta akin to Black Widow from the "Avengers" films; a real kick-ass bitch. I'm thinking Jessica Chastain:

jessica-chastain-has-had-discussions-with-marvel.jpg

Anyway it turns out she's actually Spectre and she's there to tidy-up any mess left behind from the mole. The first big action sequence involving Bond should be a chase with her that should end with 007 getting his arse handed to. We need a really great female henchman for Bond to tussle with. She'll turn up in every act to give Bond hell and will eventually die at the end of the film.

After the fight, Bond is badly injured and sends a distress call to Q. When Madeline find out she panics; remember, she has a BIG SECRET.....

Act Two:

Bond has discovered whilst in India that Spectre are still in operation and currently the new acting head is called Irma Bunt. A former German spy known for her brutual interrogation methods. Obviously she will be played by Tilda Swinton:

4de505ae23e873be_96963400.jpg

Bond receives word that Bunt is in Japan and will be attending a swanky party being hosting by a Japanese official.

Meanwhile, back in London, Mallory's life is going from bad to worse. He's being used as a scapegoat for Blofeld's escape and everyone is questioning his worth. He's tired, beleaguered and running out of steam. He knows he has to keep fighting and discover the mole but there is pressure above for him to fall on his sword. He inevitably gives in. He's publicly sacked and disgraced. His Chief of Staff, Bill Tanner, will act as the new head of MI6 until a new appointment is made.

Anyway in Japan; Bond can't get into the party, that's until Madeline turns up and walks straight past security looking the part. She'll stay with Bond now for the rest of the movie. Bond's identity is revealed at the party by Chastain (Cue large action sequence in Tokyo) and Irma captures him and uses her classic interrogation skills on him (No idea what these could be). But a mysterious Japanese man at the party who eyes Bond saves him.

Act Three:

This is Tiger Tanaka, obviously. Tiger knows who Bond is and informs him that he'll be reporting him to the authorizes, that is unless he works for Japanese intelligence and helps them with a 'problem'. The important Japanese bigwig who set up the party earlier has got involved with a scientist who's up to no good called Shatterhand. However, Shatterhand isn't all he seems to be.....Bond agrees to kill the man when he finds out that it is Blofeld. Also Tiger reveals that he knows who MI6's mole is, if Bond does the assignment he will hand over the information. The rest of the film will pretty much play out as the YOLT novel does.

519126241_16_570_411.jpg

Bond will travel to the Garden of Death in his quest to kill Blofeld. You will have to continue the whole Cain and Abel-esque story set up in SP. This is a story of brothers hunting one another and trying to cause each other the most pain. Blofeld should be a significant character from this point on in the story and should figure heavily. I want Waltz to get some really meaty material, I also think that M should come to Japan after his firing (I'm sick of these films sticking that character in London for the dry expositional scenes).

It will also be revealed that the MI6 mole is.....drumroll please.........TANNER! Mainly as he is the most dispensable member of the MI6 team, and also because Rory Kinnear is an amazing actor. His theater work is fantastic (his Iago and Hamlet are beyond impressive) and these films have somehow figured a way to waste his talents on three different occasions. Kinnear needs to be used, he's too good for the role they've lumped him in. Tanner was contacted by Spectre after Judi's M died, since then he has been a subversive character in MI6. Initially, he was forced to work for Spectre, however, he has since got a taste of power and become a true believer in Spectre's new world order.

The finale will involve Blofeld killing Madeline by ruthlessly shooting her in the head right after she reveals to Bond that she is pregnant with his kid. (Maybe Blofeld should even kill M.)

In the finale, Blofeld's plan will be revealed; with the help from the shady Japanese bigwig, Blofeld and Irma have created a new biological weapon, he plans to unleash it unless he is acquitted and granted international amnesty for his involvement in Spectre. Anyway, Bond will inevitably foil Blofeld's plan and strangle him to death at the close of the film.

Essentially, I'm borrowing from Fleming a lot here; one of the big themes of Flemings books was Bond craving a normal life only to have it constantly denied to him due to the profession he has chosen. By taking on the role of 'the secret agent' Bond has to acknowledge he will never have a normal life and any attempt to leave it all behind will never work out. It was always foolish for 007 to believe he could drive off into the sunset with Madeline.

He needs to have his world rocked. Also Blofeld needs to earn his status as the franchise's 'supervillain'. In SP we just saw him claiming to have been the author of all Bond's pain, we actually need to SEE him destroy Bond's world.

At the end of the film, Bond reluctantly comes back to Mi6 knowing that he will forever be 007. I love a good morose ending. It would also be a nice end to the Craig era and would allow a new actor to start afresh with the Blofeld arc closed off.

Suit-Porn-Daniel-Craig-in-Tom-Ford-2-500x333.jpg

There you have.

Get in touch EON.

This is definitely the most impressive story on this forum, although it seems unlikely EON will want to close off the Blofeld/Spectre arc after just two movies, especially considering how long they've waited for the rights.
    But, it's wonderfully written, I have to admit. It really could be retitled to The Devil's Trial, which would really fit in, instead of being more straightforward with names.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 90
    Some good examples here for a good Bond Film.
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Heres the edited version of my Bond 25, with Act 1 filled in. Big thanks to those who gave me advice on improving the pre credits scene. :)

PRETITLE SEQUENCE:
    It starts with the gunbarrel sequence, but when the blood flows down it forms a SPECTRE logo. Next it immediately shows a backlit Blofeld being led down a hallway by many armed guards. The Spectre theme sounds and as we follow Blofeld through the maximum security prison (showing the audience the security features of it in the meantime). There will be flashes to a court hearing where we are introduced to his character and Bond, who testifies against Blofeld. In the end he is sentenced to life imprisonment, the highest penalty there is, and it cuts immediately to Blofeld walking in the hallway again without seeing his reaction to the sentence. We then follow Blofeld to an interrogation room, where we meet Bond and M. They chat (typical villain vs hero stuff "This is hardly the end", "Admit it Blofeld, you are powerless here" etc). We learn that the facility that Blofeld is in is codenamed "Tarturus", an isolated island built with the sole purpose of containing extremely dangerous MI6 villains, plus a few references to previous villains, and his cell is essentially a giant metal cube, suspended in a huge atrium with many guards. The chat ends with Blofeld screaming "You should have killed me when u had the chance James!". Next, Blofeld proceeds into his cell, looks indifferent, and smiles. Meanwhile, Bond and M are approached by several guards who show them the belongings that were found on Blofeld during his arrest. Bond and M examine it, but as Bond picks up a SPECTRE ring, he felt a searing pain in his head before the entire power supply of the facility is lost. Now Tarturus has its security systems and defence capabilities down, and several explosions shook the building, with missiles fired at it from an unknown source. Bond awakes groggily amongst the chaos (hes the only one knocked out during the EMP blast) with the guards and M trapped inside the administrative part of the facility. In the meantime, more missiles are fired at the rock face of Tarturus. Blofeld is pretty shaken up, being thrown about in his cube. Now a swarm of drones proceed to Blofeld's metal cube, and latch themselves to the exterior of it. Some drones serve as "engines/rocket boosters", "cameras", others start drilling through the metal wall of his cell, and several act as weapons, to defend Blofelds cell. Now Bond, M and the guards are struggling to break through the door (the irony) and a convinent missile detonated, caving in a part of the wall allowing them to proceed to Blofelds cell. They reached his cell just as it was beginning to fly (due to the drones attached to it), and the weapons kill most of the guards and wounds M (in the leg this time =P). Bond takes a different route and manages to latch onto the cell as it flies out of the facility (maybe with a heroic jump or two =P). The drones had cut through the wall of the cell and passes an oxygen mask and earpiece to Blofeld. He puts them on, and a woman's voice crooned "Enjoying your ride, Ernst?" Bond is hanging on for his dear life as it whizzes across the water/sea towards what seems like a forest. He is spotted by the cameras and Blofeld, and a fistfight starts, with several interesting situations happening like them trying to use the drones against each other. (One concern would be that this would be too similar to the helicopter scene in SP, so I would try too set it apart with different cinematography, camera angles and fighting styles.). We are then shown a SPECTRE member reporting to a woman informing her that Bond is on Blofelds cell, and is currently fighting him. We then get to see her face (Constance Zimmer), annoyed and calculative, before her saying "Send the Alpha squad. Terminate him." A fleet of weaponised drones arrive and start shooting at Bond. With his handgun and several gadgets from Q, Bond manages to take some of them out, but is left with no gadgets to fight Blofeld. The fight with Blofeld is getting to a climax when Blofeld had Bond against the floor, but Bond escapes out, using the drones as handgrips. However, a drone dispatches from the main cell, causing Bond to lose his balance and fall. He manages to grab hold to the drone that dispatched, and he continued to be suspended in the air due to the drone. Having received orders to crash the drone that Bond was on, the drone plunged to the underneath, but Bond manages to get to its circuit board, and by punching it, gets it to slow down. He lands near a cliff in the middle of the ocean, hanging from the cliff, looking at the cell flying off into the distance of a forest.
    23830072630_233ec8720f.jpg

JAMES BOND IN FIRESTORM

Act 1
    Locations: London, Amazon, Finland

A high profile meeting is held in MI6, with government officials, M, Q and Bond. From the drone that Bond plunges down with, Q manages to find rough location of SPECTRE base in Amazon, however it appears that it is deep below sea level. Q also finds out that there is an implant in Bonds head, when came into contact another similiar chip, would cause an EMP blast which would knock Bond out, causing Blofelds escape possible. Hence Q wants Bond to wear gloves and clothes to prevent electrical conduction.

Blofeld meets with Irma (the woman) and holds a SPECTRE meeting, which consists of them standing in a circular room filled with video screens on all sides showing all the members of SPECTRE (a simple concept, but I cant think of a cooler concept without ripping of Kingsman or StarWars), where Irma informs Blofeld of SPECTRE's existance, and that its not a tool for his revenge, which had caused massive delays and damages to the organisation. Here she uses a coin anology. "May I remind you, Ernst, that our aim is to control anything and everything that takes place in todays world. The light and the dark, both sides, like that of a coin, heads and tails. However, SPECTRE's aim is not only to make deal with both sides, but to BE the coin, making the belief that there are two sides in the first place an illusion, controlling everything that happens on either side, playing it into our aim. Spreading fear, sparking conflicts, SPECTRE's always there, and after all of the bloodshed, we step in and take control." (Reference to Quantums motto).

Irma immediately strips Blofeld of his authority as leader of SPECTRE through a vote by the members by using the rings and replaces him, with him ending up as the head of the Revenge department. *wink wink*

Bond meets with Madelene in his house after his meeting at MI6, and they have some time together before arguing about Bond's allegenince with MI6, with Madelene wanting Bond to leave MI6 entirely as he promised her after the events of SP, while Bond wants to bring down SPECTRE first, to protect Madelene first. In a rage, Madelene decides to go on the holiday that they both decided on going to Finland, alone. Reluctantly, Bond returns to MI6, to pursue leads of Blofeld by going to the Amazon, the location which Q pinpointed.

At the Amazon, a trap was laid. When Bond travels to the coordinates in a diving suit, he gets trapped inside a diving cage with an octopus. Bond blinds one of its eyes, wounds one of its tentacles, and cuts off two before it escapes through the gaps in the cage. Bond escapes by the skin of his teeth from attackers above firing into the water. He kills them but also learns that SPECTRE's base is mobile, and thus could be anywhere at this moment, and has a clocking feature to avoid detection from satellite. A SPECTRE operative hints that a storm cloud is brewing over Finland.

Bond goes to Finland to find Madelene. There he finds her in her hotel room crying, with the television playing a recording which shows Blofeld, who says that he had implanted a device in her head similiar to Bonds but would kill her instead. Bond accidentally kills her by coming into contact with her in the ensuing drama, by means of electrostatic shock. Bond breaks down, feeling guilt sadness and anger. Fade to black.

Comments encouraged and appreciated thanks!
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    @OmegaX I'm really looking forward to the rest of this!
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    @OmegaX I'm really looking forward to the rest of this!

Thanks! Well I'm working on Act 2 now, which is quite hard really for it all to work out logically, as its going to go to the "generic mission" territory from here onwards. =P

• edited January 2016 Posts: 8
    That was great - much improved pretitles (but I'd break up the massive block of text a few times).

Also - Constance Zimmer is great casting. She was fabulous in Agents of SHIELD as Rosalind.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    Here is one of my two very basic, broad ideas - It turns out that MS is a member of Spectre and was secretly trying to overthrow Blofeld to take charge herself by involving Bond and using him as a pawn in the last movie. The reason she was kidnapped in Austria was because Blofeld ordered her killed. Think about it - why would Blofeld want Bond dead before Morocco? He wanted to brag to him. Hinx was really after her and he only tried to kill Bond on the train because Bond wound him up in Rome (or Blofeld told him to kill them both knowing Hinx might only get MS). Anyway, MS (in fake relationship with Bond) quickly fakes her murder and returns to lead Spectre. Bond "avenges" her by chasing the inevitably escaped Blofeld who he wrongly believes had MS killed - and all is revealed later. There is a power struggle within Spectre between MS and Blofeld. The film ends with MS dead, Blofeld on the loose and back in charge of Spectre - and Bond back with MI6. I don't have the time or talent to flesh this out and I think that the audience would need to know about MS being a baddie long before Bond does, but if well handled that could be fine.
    The next movie will be a classic "Bond foils big plot"and finally kills Blofeld.

A few months later, the doctor comes by and wonders why he has lost his memory for so long, and that he should go back. Chihiro refuses, explaining he has to stay, as she is pregnant of him. After a few more months Bond shows her a newspaper that mentions Shanghai, I remember this place from somewhere. I think I should go there, find out what happened to me. Chihiro looks sad, yes, she says. "I understand, just know one thing. I love you"

Roll credits

James Bond will return

I think your plot is very good, Guntram. I like the love story, the pathos and the human story - it is a good idea for Madeline to be killed early on so Bond is driven by rage. Blofeld definitely needs to come back, and I like the return to Japan. I wonder if it is too reliant on the audience having seen the previous Bond movie. It has a pretty good flow and good structure, but it is very hard to read with such long paragraphs! If you tidied it up a bit, I think more people would be inclined to read it, but good job!

• OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    That was great - much improved pretitles (but I'd break up the massive block of text a few times).

Also - Constance Zimmer is great casting. She was fabulous in Agents of SHIELD as Rosalind.

Thanks! The improvements were largely based on your comments too. :)

I loved Rosalind in Agents of SHIELD, and was very sad to see her....yea. (no spoilers here right? =p) Anyways that was one of the main reasons for casting her. I considered Victoria Hand from season 1, but decided that Rosalind showed much more depth.