Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If there was ever a time for EON to pull out Blofeld's garden of death, IT IS NOW. Let's end this right, baby!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Give me Daniel Craig as Bond, Waltz as Blofeld, and an epic finale in a Medieval castle somewhere in the mountains and I'll be the happiest man alive!
  • coco1997 wrote: »
    Have you made any more progress on your outline, outlaw?

I'm trying to focus on data entry/analysis today for my dissertation, so I'll have to wait to work on my outline more over the weekend.
    I'm trying to focus on data entry/analysis today for my dissertation, so I'll have to wait to work on my outline more over the weekend.

Looking forward to it!

• 'Death to Spies'
    The 25th Bond Movie, 9 November 2018
    Ian Fleming's James Bond 007: Daniel Craig

'MI6 realizes that Spectre's reach is even greater than they imagined, as a new adversary starts taking out Double-O agents around the world. As M and Moneypenny try to extract information from Blofeld, Bond must come back from retirement to lead MI6's remaining forces and find the formidable Irma Bunt, though it means the end of his relationship. When the Defence Minister makes a deal to set Blofeld free in exchange for keeping Britain safe, Bond and his friends, both old and new, mount a full-out assault on Spectre's mountain fortress, Shatterhand, and engage their ultimate enemy in a fight to the death.'

I had to pop over and re-register to post after not posting here for over ten years when coco1997 told me about your treatment - because it's bloody good. I'm not entirely sure about the casting of the other members of the Double-Oh Section, but what I enjoy is the plot.

I've also been doodling my own version of a Spectre follow-up and, with the exception of casting Tilda Swinton as Irma Bunt (which seems to be the obvious casting choice), we're going in completely different directions with regards to plot - which is one of the reasons fanfiction is so awesome because we're all going to have different ideas on where things could and should go :D
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 12,837
    EDIT: Typed out a huge plot sypnosis that I was quite proud of. Site crashed and posted it automatically before I'd finished but for some reason only posted a fraction of what I'd wrote, and now the draft isn't there so I've lost it. That's an hour of my life I won't get back then. Delete this please mods.
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    I'm still patiently waiting for @outlawgenius's fanfiction
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 163
    I stopped writing the script, but wrote a plot instead. It's not completely polished, but I think it works. Keep in mind that this is for a reboot and would probably work better for BOND 26, in about 6-7 years from now. This is the first in a trilogy, so many things are left to be revealed in the next one. I will write that one too if anyone here is interested. In this, case don't read the little spoiler. Looking forward for your feedback. Enjoy.

007: BLIND TRUST

Two men meet in Regent's Park. One of them hands the other a file that contains the info and photos of two people: a late middle aged man - Eric Larssen and a young, beautiful woman who's name can't be seen. The receiver of the file asks about her, but is shut down.
    - You don't get to ask questions. You have two days.

The action moves to Stockholm, Sweden. It's night. A man slides down a zip wire into the balcony of an apartment building. It's the man who received the file in the park. He makes his way around the apartment until he finds the bedroom and kills Eric Larssen. He then searches the place. He turns his attention to Larssen's cellphone and sends a text to a contact named "BLANC", asking for a meeting. He gets a reply with a dinner invitation to a restaurant in Milan, Italy.

The following evening he arrives in Milan, posing as Larssen. He is shown to a table where a woman expects him - the woman in the file. She introduces herself as Eveline Blanc.
    - This meeting takes place because I wanted to look into the eyes Eric's killer. And because I'm tired of running, Mr ...

- Bond. James Bond.

As the conversation continues, Bond starts to wonder whether he was sent after the right person, as Eveline seems innocent. He also notices a man a few tables behind them that looks a bit too interested. He tells Eveline that he is in fact there to kill her and might not be the only one. He convinces her to get out of the restaurant with him.

Outside, Bond notices a black Jeep Wrangler behind his illegally parked Range Rover, with two men waiting inside. Another Wrangler pulls over the front entrance, so that the man in the restaurant can get in. A spectacular high speed chase takes place on the tight, semi-crowded streets of Milan. Gunshots are also fired. Bond manages to escape after wrecking the Jeeps.

The following morning Eveline wakes up in a modern, unfinished loft in London. Bond is also there and they appear to be more familiar with each other. They have a conversation in which she reveals that Larssen was her godfather. He took her after her parents got killed (her father also worked for "the organization") - and raised her for a little while. Then he gave her a new identity and sent her away.
    - That's what Blanc means. A new life, a blank page.

Bond then heads to see M, alone. We find out that killing Larssen was in order for him to get his license to kill. But M questions him about Milan. He tells her that he was there to kill Larssen's goddaughter, according to orders. M says she gave no such orders and wasn't even aware of the girl's existence, but it was her Chief of Staff, Bill Tanner, who gave Bond the file.

Not knowing who to trust, she promotes Bond to 00 status. She tells him about a criminal organization that the MI6 found little traces of. Some of the names that surfaced were people in high places, politicians, business people. But recently some of them started dying one by one.

Larssen was known as "The Connector", the man who made all the business ties possible within the organization. He had the list of all the members. That's what Bond was told to look for that night - a laptop, a dossier, anything that could hold information.
    - So why not just bring Larssen in for interrogation, instead of killing him ?

- These people don't talk, James. Their friends are worse than their enemies.

M thinks they hit a dead end once again, but Bond has a plan. He tells M to schedule an interrogation with Eveline and make sure that everyone in her staff knows about it. He thinks that will uncover the mold.

The next morning Eveline is at MI6 answering questions about her past. M, Bond and Tanner are all watching from a one-way mirror. She is shown photos of people and she recognizes a man with an eye patch. She says he came by the house the night before her parents died and gave her father an ultimatum.

The man's name is Adolph Gettler, M later reveals. He's hosting an auction for rare wrist watches in 3 days in Geneva, Switzerland. M decides to send Bond there. Eveline insists to go with him and as Bond doesn't trust the MI6 to protect her, he agrees.

Arrived in Switzerland, Bond goes to the auction, leaving Eveline in the hotel suite. He poses as a phone bidder for someone else. On the other end of the line will be M . The room is extremely quite and filled with men carrying machine guns for security. The auctioneer is Gettler himself. Bond notices that there's nothing rare about the watches, but they sell for 50 million Euros a piece.
    BOND: - They're not buying watches, they're buying something else.

M: - Only one way to find out.

Bond enters a bidding war for the last piece, a Rolex Submariner. He wins for an astonishing 100 million Euros. Gettler asks all the bidders who failed to purchase anything to leave the room. Ten people remain, including Bond plus Gettler and the security men.
    There's one more item.

One of Gettler's armed men brings out Eveline. Her real name is revealed - Sofia Lindberg.
    You see Mr. Bond, we are in the middle of a merger. Soon our organizations will protect the same interests. Too bad your services will no longer be needed.

Gettler leaves Bond to fight security, while he leaves with Sofia. They go to a bank. Sofia learns that during the last years of his life, Larssen dealt with severe paranoia, which lead him to make mistakes. He opened an account on her behalf. Gettler believes that's where the list of members is. Whoever gets the list, gets the power. He also tells her that he ordered his men to keep Bond alive and if she wants him to stay so, she will go inside the bank and return with the contents of the safe deposit box. She agrees.

The images alternate between Sofia going into the bank and Bond taking on the security men, killing them one by one. She returns with a black titanium box. Gettler wants to open it, but it is cipher locked. He and his men embark into two helicopters and take Sofia with them, as he thinks she has the combination.

In the meantime Bond eliminated Gettler's people. He contacts M again and finds out Sofia's location. He put a transmitter in one of the buttons of her overcoat back at the hotel. The MI6 is able to intercept a weak signal coming from the top of a mountain.

Before dawn, Bond is climbing up the mountain. Arrived on top, he crosses a small wood at the end of which is a small facility, guarded by four of Gettler's people, one on every corner. Bond throws a snowball into the branches of a tree, causing the snow to fall on the ground and make noise.

One of the guards enters the wood to check the perimeter. Hidden behind a tree, Bond incapacitates him in complete silence. Allerted by his disappearance, the other guards announce Gettler. He sends them into the wood where Bond kills them in a loud shootout. A deep silence settles and unsettles Gettler, who is inside with Eveline and two other guards.

The lights go out. Bond found the power generator outside. Gettler takes out a zippo and lights it. A gunshot emerges and kills the first guard. Gettler drops the lighter on the floor making the room dark again.
    GETTLER: - You kill mine, I kill yours.

He reaches for the lighter and lights it again. Bond is standing in the door with his gun pointed at them. The guard has a gun on Sofia's head. Gettler shows him the box that she's holding.
    - It has a cipher. I studied the mechanism, it only allows one attempt. If someone enters the wrong combination, it explodes. She swears the combination wasn't included. Perhaps you can be more persuasive. I'm gonna make her try open it either way.

Bond tells Sofia to open the box, but she insists she doesn't know how. He thinks of what she told him back in London. He suggests a combination: 0-0-0. Gettler is skeptical, it can't be that simple. However, Bond was right, the cipher worked. The box contains a flash drive.

With a gun still pointed towards Sofia's head, he makes Bond drop his. They go outside to turn the generator back on. He needs to power up the antenna in order to get phone signal on the mountain. He then makes a call to inform someone that he has the flash drive.

Not too long after, a helicopter arrives. A man wearing a suit comes to collect the flash drive.
    Mr. White
    Gettler shows it to him. The man takes a pistol out of his coat and kills Gettler's guard. Gettler looks shocked.
    Change of plans.

Then the man shoots Gettler in his good eye. Before departing in the helicopter, he throws Bond a watch, the Rolex he bid for at the auction.
    It's not rare, but it means something.

Back in London, Bond goes to see M. She informs him that they didn't find enough evidence to accuse Tanner. He even got promoted to a new job at the National Security Secretariat.
    M: - Out of curiosity, how did you know the cipher combination ?

BOND: - Blanc. Larssen gave her a new life. A blank page... 0-0-0.

M: - What about you ? Do you want your own blank page ?

BOND: - You're joking ? This is just getting interesting.

M: - And the girl ?

BOND: - She'll be fine... it's the rest of us who should worry.

A look into the PM's office. The prime minister has a drink with one of his close advisers. The man's phone rings. He excuses himself and takes a few steps away to take the call.
    - Mr. Haines ? You are now more powerful than the man in whose office you're standing. The Great Council of Ten expects you.

- Excellent.

James Bond will return.

Very good JamesSpectre!

I think the individual scenes would work very well and there is a good sense of flow from one scene to the next. Reading your treatment is like watching a Bond movie! It has a more intriguing and nostalgic feel, which I like.

I have a couple of comments.

I am not following the Tanner sub-plot. Can you explain that?

What I am not seeing is an evil plot that Bond must foil. I am not seeing the big threat - that would help you with running time. Let's think of how long your scenes might last. The pre-credit sequence could be up to just before Bond is promoted - let's say fifteen minutes. Then we have a scene with Bond and M (under 5 minutes), a scene with Eveline being interrogated (5 minutes), the auction and fight at the auction, while Sophia is at the bank (10 minutes), then the mountain scenes (10 minutes), then we wrap up in London (3 minutes). It is probably only around 45 minutes or 50 minutes, so you need a lot more thing to happen!

I always say a James Bond movie is like a multiple orgasm! It's a series of climaxes (attempts on Bond's life or revelations) leading up to a major climax (Bond destroying the evil plot) and a final smaller climax (Henchman or villain return).

Superb work. I think you are definitely going in the right direction.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 163
    @BondBug Thank you for taking the time to read and give feedback.

This movie would be the starting point for the next ones, so I wanted certain things to remain unresolved on purpose. I also wanted to focus more on Quantum, as I felt it was used a bit superficially in the Craig era.

I wanted to use some of Fleming's characters, but in a slightly different manner. In Tanner's case, his character brings a combination of frustration, naivety and a tad of evil that I added. He was always the man behind the desk, Fleming described him as "envious of Bond's freedom." Trying to get out of monotony, he agrees to be a part of this scheme. Haines approached him personally and even made it look as a favor to the prime minister. He backs his story with a job offer at a structure powered by the PM.

To explain more, I'd have to give away elements from the next storyline, but I'll put it under spoiler tags, so it's your choice whether to read it or not.
    The power takeover inside Quantum was plotted by Guy Haines and Moishe Soref, former Mossad agent and Telecom giant. Haines needed Soref for his contacts and tech resources. His job was to leave cyber traces for the MI6 and compromise the identities of certain Quantum leaders who would've otherwise put up a fight. This provided them with the perfect reason to assassinate them and not answer questions to the rest of the organization.

Soref also had to find Larssen's location. His paranoia led him into hiding. The plan was to find the list of members and business transactions that Larssen had and use it to blackmail the members into accepting their leadership. Once Larssen's location was disclosed, Haines went his own way about it and used the MI6 to get to him, in his bid of becoming the only Quantum supreme leader.

To maintain Soref's trust until the list is found, Haines lets Soref's man, Gettler, organize the watch auction, which was in fact some of the most prolific people in the world buying their sit at the table of The Great Council of Ten, the new Quantum leading structure. Then, Mr. White, who works for Haines, kills Gettler and takes the list to Haines, who know gets the power alone.

All these things and other future plans of Quantum are disclosed in the beginning of the movie by a revengeful Soref, who goes to the MI6 to confess. Bond asks M why should they trust Soref and he reveals that not only that he was double crossed by Haines, but also poisoned with heavy metals and doesn't have much more to live. Therefore he has no further interests, but revenge.

While writing this, I too felt that it needs a bit more action maybe, but this could be further developed around the main theme, perhaps by people more experienced with movie writing. When I first started writing this as a script, I tried to write a spectacular car chase with precise details, street names and so on, but it turned out to be time consuming and difficult to do, not being on location. But I'm glad you liked it overall.

So I had this idea floating around in my head several weeks ago as we got closer to SP, then as I read through this board, it started taking shape, especially with inspiration (both explicit and otherwise) from the contributions of BondJasonBond006 and WhiteroseLU, whom I should certainly credit with putting some of these ideas out there first (including the title and some of the casting decisions). Seriously, there are some amazing ideas being put forward here and I don't want to take credit away from anybody who deserves it, but I think this board can certainly lead towards a neat collaboration towards the type of Bond movie we think is in the best interest of the character we all know and love. This is simply the PTS, but I'll be working on this more as a way to stay sane while also finishing my doctoral dissertation.

We begin with the SP gun barrel, and as the screen turns red with blood, the image on screen becomes that of a street half-illuminated with red light from a brothel, setting the scene in Amsterdam. A man walks out and starts walking along the canal, and we see another man stalking him in the shadows. He's broad-shouldered, carries himself with a certain swagger, and we're certain that it's Daniel Craig, until he steps into the light for a moment and it's Idris Elba. A cutaway to MI6 HQ shows analysts looking at a screen, following blips and somebody saying '008 in pursuit of target.' Elba keeps tracking his man, but then an analyst expresses alarm at some anomaly that has shown up nearby just as Elba realizes that he himself is being stalked. More cutaways reveal other agents finding themselves in danger at the same time: 004 in Johannesburg, 005 in Vancouver, 009 in Laos, and at MI6, another analyst says "Send message: 007, evac immediately."

Cutaway to a swanky party on the North Coast of Jamaica, where a number of men in tuxedos, each of whom looking like a 'generic' secret agent, turn their heads for a fit, attractive red-haired woman making her way through the party towards the ostentatiously wealthy host and his entourage. At the last minute she checks her phone, sees the message, and instead heads out, only to see multiple shadows waiting for her. Heading an alternate route, she then encounters more shadows; instead of getting into a defensive stance, she attacks first, and proves her worthiness to the 007 namesake. However, one the attackers gets lucky and strikes her with a grave wound. Struggling to get away, she knows there's one more shadow behind her, and as she turns to fight, she then realizes the size of her assailant, and we see a smiling face: Hinx. 007's signal goes out on the MI6 screen, along with those of 004, 005, and 009.

One more cutaway takes us back to 008, who is fighting his way through and up the Oude Kerk; he finds himself in the tower, out of bullets, and confronted by an assailant with a bomb strapped to himself. As the bomb goes off, 008 jumps towards the canal; the shockwave clearly affects 008, as he appears unconscious while falling towards the water. We don't see him die, however, his signal turns off at MI6 HQ as well. An analyst can be heard saying "Get M down here" and is answered with "He's already on his way." Just then a message, in huge Cyrillic letters, pops up on the screen – "Smiert Spionam". M, Moneypenny, Tanner and Q show up just in time to see the words translate to "Death to Spies", and when the Spectre logo pops up underneath, M's face goes from shock to anger, and with resolve in his voice, says "Find Bond." Begin credit sequence.

'Death to Spies'
    The 25th Bond Movie, 9 November 2018
    Ian Fleming's James Bond 007: Daniel Craig

'MI6 realizes that Spectre's reach is even greater than they imagined, as a new adversary starts taking out Double-O agents around the world. As M and Moneypenny try to extract information from Blofeld, Bond must come back from retirement to lead MI6's remaining forces and find the formidable Irma Bunt, though it means the end of his relationship. When the Defence Minister makes a deal to set Blofeld free in exchange for keeping Britain safe, Bond and his friends, both old and new, mount a full-out assault on Spectre's mountain fortress, Shatterhand, and engage their ultimate enemy in a fight to the death.'

Irma Bunt: Tilda Swinton
    Hinx: Dave Bautista
    Blofeld: Christoph Waltz

004: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    005: Alexa Davalos
    008: Idris Elba
    007: Hayley Atwell
    009: Louis Changchien
    SAS Task Force Commander: Rufus Sewell
    Minister of Defence: Charles Dance
    Felix Leiter: Jeffrey Wright

Madeleine Swann: Lea Seydoux
    M: Ralph Finnes
    Q: Ben Whishaw
    Moneypenny: Naomie Harris
    Tanner: Rory Kinnear
    This is the part that really spoke to me. :)
  • I haven't forgotten you all, I just have been under the gun with my dissertation data this week, and when I sit down to write more, it starts coming out like a screenplay and then I get self-conscious about it because I don't write things like that so I think it's awful and don't want to embarrass myself in front of everybody here. So I'm going to try to write it up more like JamesSpectre did above as a combination treatment with specific sequences and pieces of dialogue, though it may still be a few more days. Sorry!
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,098
    deleted

@BondBug Thank you for taking the time to read and give feedback.

This movie would be the starting point for the next ones, so I wanted certain things to remain unresolved on purpose. I also wanted to focus more on Quantum, as I felt it was used a bit superficially in the Craig era.

I wanted to use some of Fleming's characters, but in a slightly different manner. In Tanner's case, his character brings a combination of frustration, naivety and a tad of evil that I added. He was always the man behind the desk, Fleming described him as "envious of Bond's freedom." Trying to get out of monotony, he agrees to be a part of this scheme. Haines approached him personally and even made it look as a favor to the prime minister. He backs his story with a job offer at a structure powered by the PM.

To explain more, I'd have to give away elements from the next storyline, but I'll put it under spoiler tags, so it's your choice whether to read it or not.
    The power takeover inside Quantum was plotted by Guy Haines and Moishe Soref, former Mossad agent and Telecom giant. Haines needed Soref for his contacts and tech resources. His job was to leave cyber traces for the MI6 and compromise the identities of certain Quantum leaders who would've otherwise put up a fight. This provided them with the perfect reason to assassinate them and not answer questions to the rest of the organization.

Soref also had to find Larssen's location. His paranoia led him into hiding. The plan was to find the list of members and business transactions that Larssen had and use it to blackmail the members into accepting their leadership. Once Larssen's location was disclosed, Haines went his own way about it and used the MI6 to get to him, in his bid of becoming the only Quantum supreme leader.

To maintain Soref's trust until the list is found, Haines lets Soref's man, Gettler, organize the watch auction, which was in fact some of the most prolific people in the world buying their sit at the table of The Great Council of Ten, the new Quantum leading structure. Then, Mr. White, who works for Haines, kills Gettler and takes the list to Haines, who know gets the power alone.

All these things and other future plans of Quantum are disclosed in the beginning of the movie by a revengeful Soref, who goes to the MI6 to confess. Bond asks M why should they trust Soref and he reveals that not only that he was double crossed by Haines, but also poisoned with heavy metals and doesn't have much more to live. Therefore he has no further interests, but revenge.

While writing this, I too felt that it needs a bit more action maybe, but this could be further developed around the main theme, perhaps by people more experienced with movie writing. When I first started writing this as a script, I tried to write a spectacular car chase with precise details, street names and so on, but it turned out to be time consuming and difficult to do, not being on location. But I'm glad you liked it overall.

That is good use of Tanner. There are always people in the workplace who have issues, whether they are jealous of others who shine at their job or who are popular, or they try to take credit for other people's work and ideas, or they try to make other people look bad. Tanner could be a real sneaky character.

• edited December 2015 Posts: 158
    I have done my homework today - here is my vision for Bond 25

My main objectives:

1/ LOCATIONS: Include some of the top grossing Bond territories - USA, the gross was down a lot in Spectre. We need to bring Bond back in USA. Jason Bourne and Ethan Hunt should not be outgrossing Bond in USA. Therefore, I also added Felix Leiter. China, because that has massive potential, like double Spectre's gross. France, needs to become a $100m market, and obviously UK is essential.

2/ CHARACTERS: Bring back Blofeld and create a love story with Madeline Swann. Blofeld was underused in Spectre and it is only natural that Bond is in love with Madeline Swann, but let's not have the pathos of Casino Royale and Skyfall just for the sake of it. Those movies worked, but you can't keep doing the same thing.

3/ TECHNOLOGY: Introduce a new high-tech plot that makes sense and explains how Blofeld can still be a threat after being caught. Put a new twist on the torture scene in Spectre. Also, I thought a lot more can be done with the smart blood idea. I also wanted the Aston Martin to do something new.

4/ PLOT: Make this a stand-alone story, but one that also follows Spectre. I want to see a classic Bond adventure that isn't looking inward at unlikely MI6 plots. I hint at current events, but didn't want to do real events that will become dated or could look like a political alignment. Also, I didn't want plot holes or ridiculous coincidences. I loved the ending of the Moonraker novel, and I give that a nod.

RISICO – Screen Treatment by Bond Bug

Main characters: James Bond, Madeline Swann, Ernst Stravo Blofeld, San Risi, Felix Leiter, M, Q, Moneypenny, Irma Bunt

PRECREDIT SEQUENCE

FRANCE AND ENGLAND

Bond is taking life easy in a beach house on the French Riviera with Madeline Swann – clearly they are in love.

Meanwhile, an explosion above Belmarsh Prison, London, creates a deafening boom that shatters windows and violent flashes in the sky. All electrical communications at the prison fail; the electronic doors to the prison unlock, and the inmates rush out, unable to be contained by the guards. Among the prisoners who escape is Blofeld.

Still at the beach house, Bond hears the news, but is convinced by Madeline not to return to MI6. She asks him if he wants to carry on killing or to start a new life with her. Bond is conflicted, but chooses her.

A meeting takes place, headed by Blofeld. He laments the loss of many Spectre agents during the destruction of his headquarters, but says that it was just one corporate office out of dozens, and many of his men deserved to perish for their lapse security. He praises his men for engineering his escape and says that Bond has a device in his head that was implanted when he was tortured. The implant can be temporarily activated by remote control to give him intense pain, and depending on the intensity, it can create the urge to kill. Bond will serve as a useful experiment—if successful, world leaders will also receive the implant. Blofeld announces he is going to activate Bond’s implant, and he watches on a screen as two henchmen spying on Bond’s beach house use a remote control device to activate the brain implant.

Bond suddenly feels intense pain and attacks Madeline. They fight, and Madeline shows she knows how to take care of herself, but Bond overcomes her. As a psychologist, Madeline is well-equipped to try to reason with Bond. He seems to become aware that his urge to hurt her is not logical. He fights against the urge, and tells Madeline he has to get away for her own good. He leaves and sees Blofeld’s henchmen outside, spying on the beach house. He kills one of them, and then hesitates on seeing the other one is a woman (Irma Bunt) and he returns to Madeline. Madeline is afraid of Bond and is armed with a knife. Bond suddenly has double vision and collapses, shaking violently on the floor.

TITLES

ACT ONE

ENGLAND, NORTHERN IRELAND, IRELAND, USA, PLUS A MONTAGE OF BEACHES AROUND THE WORLD

Bond wakes in hospital with Madeline by his side. She tells him that she loves him. As she steps out of the room, Moneypenny and Q enter. Q explains that it seems Bond had an implant inserted in his brain when he was tortured by Blofeld. A surgeon shows Bond a brain scan and explains that to remove it surgically would involve risking brain damage. M tells Bond that because of the implant, he cannot continue as an agent. He will receive the standard secret service pension.

Bond enjoys his early retirement and travels with Madeline in search of the perfect beach. Together, they sail boats, collect shells, laugh, drink, scuba dive, lay in hammocks in the sunset and make love.

Meanwhile, Blofeld is tracked on a computer screen travelling to the Middle East, Afghanistan, North Korea and several dictatorships in Africa. The tracking was possible as a result of Q's smart blood, which was injected into him while he was interrogated by MI6. Based on Blofeld's travel itinerary, it seems he is recruiting terrorist leaders around the world.

A sonic boom and a strange flashing aura occur above the Whitehouse. The American government vigorously denies intense media speculation that it was caused by an electromagnetic pulse bomb, like the event at Belmarsh. Stocks and currencies around the world fall on fear of more attacks. Blofeld publicly accepts responsibility for the events at Belmarsh and the Whitehouse and releases a video announcing all terrorist organizations will receive massive funding if they fall under the Spectre umbrella.

Bond is visited by M and is told that Blofeld has been investing heavily in Risico, a Chinese armaments multi-national company that has been developing electromagnetic pulse weapons. However, M also tells Bond that the head of the company, San Risi is a Chinese Intelligence asset, and the event at Belmarsh was nothing more than a firework display to make Blofeld think that the company had helped him escape, and to track him through Q’s smart blood. The event at the Whitehouse was also a dummy explosion.

Now it is clear Blofeld is intent on a global terrorist recruitment program and conducting more terrorist strikes, M tells Bond he must return to duty immediately, but as a field analyst only. Bond understands this is code to continue as a double o agent and says he will need his company car back.

Madeline tells Bond that she understands the importance of getting Blofeld and will help him, but if they succeed, he will have to then choose between her and his job. Bond tells her that her life-expectancy will be very short if she stays with him. Q gives Bond a new Aston Martin with a few new gadgets and tells him he is sick of dragging up Bond’s cars from rivers or putting them back together again.

Bond learns from Felix Leiter that a small plane that was lost in the Atlantic two years earlier held two scientists who were working on an electromagnetic pulse weapon. The bodies and the plane were never found. Madeline remembers her father talking about a new kind of weapon that would render all microchips and transistors useless, throwing the world back into to the dark ages. Although the two scientists are officially presumed dead, phone records show that one of the families has been in regular contact with Risico.

ACT TWO

NORTHERN IRELAND, IRELAND, USA

Bond travels with Madeline to Queen's University in Belfast to meet family members of one of the missing scientists. Later, Bond and Madeline are chased by Blofeld’s men across the Irish countryside. Blofeld’s heavies use a remote control device to stimulate Bond’s brain implant, giving him unbearable pain. Bond recognizes one of the assailants as Irma Bunt, and he escapes by driving his Aston Martin into the sea; skis retract from the underside of the car, and it rapidly glides over the surface and out of the range of the remote control. Bond again tells Madeline to stay away from him for her own good. They make love for the final time. In the morning, Madeline overhears Bond taking to Felix Leiter about Risico.

Irma Bunt apologizes via videophone to Blofeld for failing to kill Bond and is told that her chances are running out. Bond tracks her and a henchman to a ferry boat in Ireland. He knocks out Irma Bunt and kills her partner. Bond draws blood from his own arm and injects it into Irma Bunt, contaminating her with Q’s smart blood, and enabling her to be tracked anywhere in the world. She is tracked by Q, as she goes to meet a contact at Dublin Airport, who in turn flies to the Risico research facility in Washington DC.

Bond flies to Washington DC and meets Felix Leiter. Posing as health and safety inspectors, conducting a routine inspection, they tour the Risico building in Washington DC. Bond notes there are no scientists in the research lab, but he recognizes a photo on a desk, as it shows the wife of one of the missing scientists, suggesting the scientists are secretly working at Risico, perhaps under duress. Bond picks up the photo, but is seen on CCTV.

As Leiter drives back to the hotel with Bond, they are chased through the streets of Downtown Washington by Irma Bunt. Leiter is shot in the shoulder, and Bond grabs the steering wheel, cutting through the grounds of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum to avoid traffic. The enemy car loses control and smashes through the doors to the museum and crashes into an 80 foot dinosaur skeleton.

ACT THREE

CHINA, USA AND ENGLAND

Bond follows Blofeld’s smart blood trail and flies to China to learn Blofeld is at Red Beach, a stunning marshland covered in red-flowering seaweed. Blofeld is there to watch a demonstration of an electromagnetic weapon, launched from a mobile missile launcher on a pagoda. The two missing scientists stand by Blofeld and his henchmen. After the first bomb fails to explode, Blofeld shoots dead one of the scientists. The missile launcher turns towards Bond and fires. Bond dives below the surface of the marsh, but he is caught in the electromagnetic shock. All his gadgets are destroyed and his brain implant gives him intense pain. He passes out and floats on his back on the marshland.

Bond slowly wakes to find that Madeline is resuscitating him. He sees a man pulling Madeline away and then notices another man is about to strike him over the head. Everything fades to darkness.

Bond and Madeline are taken to the Risico headquarters. They are given a tour of the building by the Chairman and founder of Risico, San Risi, and are then taken to the penthouse suite where they meet Blofeld. Blofeld tells Bond that Risico has been supplying his electromagnetic pulse weapons and that he is now the majority shareholder of the company and ready to play with some of the toys they have developed. Blofeld explains there is now no need for San Risi and he is about to kill him.

Bond reveals to Blofeld that the electromagnetic pulse weapons over Belmarsh and the Whitehouse had been dummies and that San Risi is a Chinese intelligence asset, working with Chinese, British and American intelligence. If he kills Risi, there would be many more agents for him to deal with. Bond reveals they had allowed Blofeld to believe that Spectre, working with Risico, had sprung him from prison, but he had been tracked every step. The only other ‘prisoners’ who escaped were actors, and the event as the Whitehouse was just a firework show. Everyone Blofeld had met had been tracked by satellite surveillance, or tailed by British, American or Chinese agents. The Spectre umbrella that includes numerous terrorist organizations had been busted, computer equipment was being seized as they spoke and thousands of terrorists were being arrested. Blofeld had been the most effective anti-terrorist operative in history.

“You are so naïve James,” says Blofeld. “Of course I needed the cooperation of the incompetent British secret service to escape from Belmarsh and to help remove my terrorist competition.” Blofeld shoots San Risi, saying that he doesn’t tolerate traitors. Blofeld boasts that he can do anything he likes as the new head of Risico and the chief of the most powerful terror and extortion network, and he has a missile ready that can be viewed from the top floor (sixth floor) of the building. He is going to decapitate Bejing to spark a world recession, to reduce all nations to their knees, while simultaneously sending another missile to the UN building in New York as world leaders meet, to be launched by a Spectre operative in America with a handheld rocket launcher. Blofeld tells Bond that the Risico building is lined in steel and is therefore protected from any electromagnetic counter-strikes.

World leaders gather at the UN building in New York to discuss the terror threat, unaware that they are about to be attacked.

Bond and Madeline are double checked for weapons, phones or transmitters. They are locked up in a storage room—they are to be beheaded live in a TV broadcast when Blofeld later takes responsibility for the missile strikes.

However, after being locked in the storage room, Bond is able to remove a glass window panel. He sends Morse code signals through his smart blood to Q by walking repeatedly on and off a ledge on the outside of the building, showing up as a bleeping blip on Q’s screen. Bond instructs Q to launch a strike on the missile launcher beside the building.

Even though he is in London, Q is able to use the remote control driving feature on the Aston Martin and GPS tracking to drive it straight at the missile and then self-destruct. A huge explosion causes a massive electromagnetic pulse and an aura in the sky. However, the isolated location means there is no impact on the nearest cities. As the building shakes, Bond and Madeline escape the storage room and race up to Blofeld’s penthouse. Blofeld escapes down his private elevator. The building starts to collapse and Bond drags a mattress out onto the roof garden outside the bedroom and clings to it with Madeline as the building falls. Bond and Madeline land on the top of a pile of rubble and see Blofeld running to a car. Unfortunately for Blofeld, it is an open-top car (does not work as a Faraday cage) and the electrics have been fried by the electromagnetic shock released in the explosion.

Blofeld holds out a remote control device that had been protected by being in the building during the initial blast, and he taunts Bond that he can inflict pain on him. Bond is aware that the implant has been damaged by the electromagnetic pulse at Red Beach and pretends to be in agony. As Blofeld draws nearer, Bond lashes out and brings him down.

A car approaches and almost runs down Bond and then charges at Madeline. Madeline throws a piece of masonry at the car windscreen bringing it to a halt. Irma Bunt climbs out. Bond comments that she is a little late--the missile has already been destroyed. As she attacks Madeline, Bond is attacked by Blofeld. Bunt, a heavy-framed woman sits on Madeline and takes a selfie with her smartphone, commenting that she always likes to keep a memento of all her kills. Madeline uses her psychology expertise to reason with her and analyze her. Bunt seems to be flattered by Madeline's perceptive observations.

Madeline swiftly removes Bunt’s knife and thrusts the blade into her. She looks up to see Bond at the summit of the ruins of the Risico building. Distracted by Irma Bunt’s screams, Bond pushes Blofeld. He falls backward and drops onto a shard of glass. Bond then uses Bunt’s phone to call Felix Leiter to tell him to evacuate the UN building. After the call he holds Madeline in his arms.

Back in London, M tells Bond that things are getting back to normal. Stocks have bounced up and many hundreds of Spectre agents and other terrorists are being interrogated. They have located and killed the Spectre cell in Washington DC, and Felix Leiter is receiving a Distinguished Service Medal—the highest honor in America. Bond rolls his eyes as he learns he is only being offered a free sandwich. M says that Bond might want to take a break to think about his future. The window is still open for early retirement.

Q and Moneypenny look at Bond’s location on a screen. Bond’s smart blood shows that he is on the bank of the Thames. Bond and Madeline sit on a bench overlooking the river and share the sandwich given to him from M. Madeline and Bond stand up and hug each other. Bond tells Madeline that he loves her, but they go in separate directions.
  • What are your thoughts on "Calibre" being used as a name for the next movie? Could describe the name of some sort of space weapon that SPECTRE plans on using.
    BondBug wrote: »

I really liked your treatment, BondBug. One question: How was Q able to track Blofeld with the smart blood?

• edited December 2015 Posts: 158
    coco1997 wrote: »
    BondBug wrote: »

I really liked your treatment, BondBug. One question: How was Q able to track Blofeld with the smart blood?

Hi Coco. Thank you for taking the time to read my version of Bond 25, and thank you for your comment. It was completely illegal, but I imagine that MI6 made sure Blofeld had a shot of the smart blood. Maybe they put a sedative in his food to do it as he slept, so he was unaware of it. Looking at Skyfall, MI6 seems to have the authority to interrogate or detain terrorist suspects, so they would certainly have the opportunity. I have edited my treatment to make it clearer.

This is the same stuff that Bond is given in Spectre. I can only think that it would use nanotechnology that would create a unique electromagnetic frequency or a pulse that would be detectable by satellite, but the technology for that would be a long way off!

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If there was ever a time for EON to pull out Blofeld's garden of death, IT IS NOW. Let's end this right, baby!
    I agree. And therefore I think the best title for Bond 25 would be (this is as in-your-face as the reveal of "SPECTRE"):

Garden of Death

;)

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I agree. And therefore I think the best title for Bond 25 would be (this is as in-your-face as the reveal of "SPECTRE"):

Garden of Death

;)

It would also follow the pattern:
    Casino Royale: title refers to location
    Quantum of Solace: the title refers to an organization, Quantum
    Skyfall: location
    SPECTRE: Organization
    Garden of death: location
    Walecs wrote: »

Garden of Death

;)

It would also follow the pattern:
    Casino Royale: title refers to location
    Quantum of Solace: the title refers to an organization, Quantum
    Skyfall: location
    SPECTRE: Organization
    Garden of death: location

A pattern I pointed out lol

Technically though with Hildebrand being a safe house couldn't The Hildebrand Rarity work as well

A strange thing occurred to me in 2009 I had an idea for The Property of a Lady in which Bond did date Mr. White's Daughter (who at the time I though should be American and played by Hilary duff and given the name liz krest ... I was in my early 20's and hey do you agree with all the decisions you made in the early 20's)

ANYWAYS there are a few things I want for Bond 25 though to be fair after reading Death to Spies by OutlawGenius truly this thread should be closed Eon should hire him and Tony Gilroy should film his script.

so here is my idea which I admit is far inferior to OutlawGenius but a crack at it none the less

the pre title sequence shows the new 007 Gala Brand in action getting her first two kills (this film should feel full circle from Casino Royale to now) the PTS ends with Bond getting married to Swann.

Titles

Bond is the Carribean in a house (calling it Shamelady would be a nice nod too fleming) he wakes up and sees Madeline gone Bond goes through the house and we have the same sort of action sequence as The Living Daylights except its Bond acting as Necros working his way killing of different people he sees Madeline taken into a copter but he is too late the copter takes off. Bond goes to London

Bond asks Tanner for a favor and has a one to one meeting with Blofeld who is In prison. Blofeld points out he is in Jail and can't do much Bond doesn't believe him and asks tanner to leave. Blofeld while not admitting he did anything says how she is safe for now but requests Bond do a brotherly favor for him it seems members of his old organization Spectre are being taken over by a rival of his Bonaparte Iggallio Gaillio. He points out Gallio is in South Africa at a peace summit and that if he were to dissapaear Madeline would reappear with no harm. Bond reluctantly heads to south Africa M seeing all this sends 007 after him to observe him but not nesccarily interfere until he takes the law into his own hand (MI6 have longed believed Galliao has been smuggling Weapons and stolen artwork and gold coins) She heads off.

Bond meets Galliao at a fancy dinner party/charity casino event They play Hold Em poker which bond wins at and says the same line Connery's bond said in thunderball (Inoticed a spectre on your sholder) Galliao takes the loss in stride and leaves the table this is also where Bond meets Brand. they Dance and Bond explains he knows who she is but isn't sure why she is here Brand smiles and says to make sure you don't get out of control.

Galliao that night has a meeting with the spectre board saying Blofeld has left us he is now clearly in bed with the enemy and we must terminate him Irma Blunt (Blofeld's mole in the new spectre and his lover I know in OHMSS she wasn't very attractive but in this version I would like her to be attractive 50 year old german woman again let Blofeld have a lover) Says She refuses to believe Blofeld has betrayed them and that they should wait till they have more information. Galliao requests the ability to at least move ahead after the defeat of Nine Eyes on a new operation to start putting their people in the heads of office (having won the head of state lections in 15 countries through bribary and intimidation they are now working with Guy Haines in england and an American named Jack Spang both of whom are up for election in their respective countries* ) Irma Says she agrees and that they will start working on two terrorist attacks that will give Spang and Haines the platform to win the elections.

this is what I have so far the * is to showcase I feel the new Spectre much like Quantum is a Secret society that delves into terrorism to achieve it's goals of power. Essentially they are what Conspiarcy theorist and the History Channel think Free Masons are. Manipulating world events to achieve power.

Let me know what you all think.

I like it Risico but what happens to Gala Brand? Follow on that. :)
    Next bond film
    Since bond has been away
    The JIS and nine eyes have been disbanded
    The old mi6 has been rebuild't looks the same on the outside but is new building in the inside
    The 00's have been reactivated
    M is now head of MI6
    Blofeld is in blacksite prison
    Maddie left bond so she go back been a doctor again now she no longer on spectre rader
    Film starts off while bond enjoying himself at a casino gets caught up in something sinister
    which he ends up pulled out of retirement
    We get to meet 009 who has replaced 007 as the leading 00
    And the first female 00 is introduced who undercover but bond does know that when he meets her.
    The villain has private revenge but has a bigger plan in reshaping the world also the villain is also
    Spectre and blofeld escapes from prison post credits.
    DB10 is brought back
    Also if jaws is brought back in future bond films there has to be few changes first no metal teeth
    and be more like bane from batman dark knight rises also the name he is called jaws of death but people just call him jaws
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,296
    Someone should take 007's number in his absinthe, and the Aston DB10 should become underwater.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Someone should take 007's number in his absinthe, and the Aston DB10 should become underwater.
    As much as the fun-driven Bond film fans will want that, the majority of the fandom however will hate that idea, finding it to be cartoony of sorts.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I think the best thing for B25 is an updated but faithful YOLT.
    With the recent success of Space X, the future of space exploration is clearly within the private sector. A privately owned space rocket (and one that landed vertically) was pure fantasy in the SC era but now its reality. I am not suggesting DC goes into Space but there could be great potential in Spectre moving into this area, see the video, amazing IMHO, bang up to date but it does remind you of YOLT?

patb wrote: »
    With the recent success of Space X, the future of space exploration is clearly within the private sector. A privately owned space rocket (and one that landed vertically) was pure fantasy in the SC era but now its reality. I am not suggesting DC goes into Space but there could be great potential in Spectre moving into this area, see the video, amazing IMHO, bang up to date but it does remind you of YOLT?

As you say, as long as James Bond doesn't go into space, and it isn't like Moonraker or Austin Powers. I don't see why a private corporation that has developed reusable space transport couldn't be run by a megalomaniac intent on using it for evil purposes.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    As I stated earlier I still think the only way to salvage or to regain credibility is to go back to Fleming with an updated YOLT.

But maybe Bond not completely reinstated while seeking a missing Swann. Being questioned and asking himself if he ever loved her the way she wanted or if she ever truly loved him.

Same thing we are asking lol..

Connect the missing Swann to Blofeld's castle. Bond goes to rescue ..Blofeld strangled sort of ..interrupted by explosion so who knows if dead or not.

Swann dead ..maybe ...suicide? Shouldn't be clear but certainly not resolved ...let Bond have more demons.

The Death Collector ...re both Blofeld and Bond.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 8
    patb wrote: »

I could certainly imagine some sort of story involving commercial space travel - perhaps with a corporate espionage angle factored in. Two leading firms, one that the UK government have invested in and another - when the firm that the government have been investing in starts to suffer an unfortunate sequence of events, the PM asks M to have one of his agents investigate.

Ultimately Bond teams up with a beautiful insurance investigator (Gala Brand?) and they discover that SPECTRE have invested money in the other firm and are behind the corporate espionage, in order to increase their market share and their wealth.

You might also want to throw in the final act of sabotage would be to blow up the first commercial flight, onboard which would be a senior member of the royal family (such as Prince William). Bond and Gala have to go onboard the flight in order to stop the sabotage (the bomb is on the flight and it's too late to stop the countdown) - and we do end up with Bond in space, albeit in a reasonably realistic and concievable manner.

Actually - might doodle this one out over today.