New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for the words of welcome. Very happy to have discovered this site - it has become a daily habit (actually several times a day) to check the discussions. I hope this is considered normal behavior, or am I on the road to an addiction? :-S

You're on the road to a fun and healthy addiction, so welcome to the club!
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Hi there. New user. Felt my inner Bond monologues needed an outlet, so here I am.

Bond nut since 1995, love all the Bonds, but Dalton's my favorite, and the Pierce movies are--well, they're not being upgraded to blu ray. Love the Fleming novels as well.

My favorite Bond movies are the ones with a clear tone and that know what they're trying to do. Licence to Kill is my favorite, but I think Moonraker is excellent. Moonraker is trying to be Moonraker, and it knocks it out of the park. TSWLM or TWINE, in contrast, are a bit unsure of what it is they're doing. So I like a Bond with confidence and clarity in tone. Which, thankfully, is most of them. :-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @ProfJoeButcher great to see another Dalton fan about the place. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great to have you here, @ProfJoeButcher.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Welcome @ProfJoeButcher
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Bless your hearts!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome @ProfJoeButcher! We seem to have a lot of Bond tastes in common. I look forward to conversing with you on the boards.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    A salute to everyone at MI6 Community. I just saw the poll and thought it would be perhaps nice to drop a line here fist, as an introduction. I've been a James Bond fanatic from age 6-7 (30 now), I was quite obsessed with Connery's Bond back then, Moore to a lesser degree. Dalton probably even a little more than Connery, especially in TLD. I'm still convinced my dad would have made a mean Bond, looks/charm wise ;)

But then came Craig, a fine Bond in CR, as most of you would agree I'm sure. But something was never right with him, in my opinion. I missed the gentleman approach, a little bit of douche at the side, but also the charm and wit. Classic Bond, basically. The quintessential Bond, with the style and looks of Connery and Dalton. My two favourite Bond films are Goldfinger and The Living Daylights and forgot really how many times I watched them.

To me, the only man (new Bond) who can pull it off is Aidan Turner. I've thought long and hard about it, but he has all the right ingredients; from his charm, wit, to his voice, 'dark, cruel good looks', acting chops and then some. Cheers to all.

P.S: Last but not least, I'm sick to death of all the PC idiocy the media has been spamming us for years with. Bond is not black, nor is he a female. We know very well who he is and what he stands for and I'm sure Fleming would be rolling over in his grave if he'd find out about all this nonsense. Truly.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great to have you here, @GideonBond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    GideonBond wrote: »
    My two favourite Bond films are Goldfinger and The Living Daylights
    What taste, style!

=D>
    Welcome @GideonBond
    Deleted
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    GideonBond wrote: »
    ^:)^
    A muslim? Welcome to the free world.

Deleted
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Howdy all. I've just joined MI6 (not the real MI6!) on the recommendation of an existing member. I have just been banned from Absolutely James Bond for making the following comment in an EU propaganda (so called) discussion thread where actual discussion was forbade:

"Todays update from Airstrip One brought to you in Newspeak. Learn, understand, accept."

I guess in their eyes that makes me a trouble maker! I think a few peopl here already know me but thank you for allowing me to join & I look forward to enjoying a discussion arena where bias is not the norm.
    Welcome Stag, sorry to learn you were banned. There is a debate going on on the EU
    Which can get a bit heated, but I think you'll find many of your opinions supported. :)
    So once again welcome
    Welcome, troublemaker!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Welcome to the other side of the water it's normaly nice in Vauxhall !.
    Welcome stag. I hope you enjoy your time here. Let there only be good times ahead!
    Thanks for the welcome. Thunderpussy already knows me & can vouch that I am a Diva!!! ;;)
    :)) well it takes one, to know one.
    Well well welcome to the sheriff of that other other old town. :)) Just a shame he has to leave his tin star at the door :P . Old deputy dawg may learn a lesson or two about the application of fairness & impartiality while he's here? No not "everyone is equal but some are more equal than others while the chosen few are completely untouchable."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Hello....my names Chriscoop and I'm a bondaholic......
    Thought I would broaden my bond horizons and increase my social media network (now the proud member of 2 bond sites)and sign up here. I've had a bit of a look round and can see I've a few friends here from over at ajb and I look forward to meeting some more fellow Bond fans. I'm interested in most bond aspects, I've read all of Fleming's bond books except TSWLM, and quite a few follow on books, I am currently re listening to David Arnolds shaken and stirred album and reading trigger mortis. Quickly about me, I've served my country in a few different guises, I've seen a lot of this beautiful world, experienced some wonderful and some truly terrible things, I lived on a boat after a divorce and I'm now very happily remarried with a one year old boy to go with my two older daughters and a step daughter from hell ( think Rosa clebb as a skinny 7 year old) thanks for reading and see you on the forums :-h
    You shouldn t talk like that about your stepdaughter.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,809
    Welcome aboard @Chriscoop. I know you from "the other place" and you really should read Fleming's TSWLM. Of course it is different from the norm but very worth reading for all that.
    Welcome Chriscoop =D>
    Hi Chris & a hearty welcome to MI6. Please see my post in the British politics thread.
    Welcome @Chriscoop. I think you'll like it here.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    You shouldn t talk like that about your stepdaughter.
    Her mother would agree, it's a long story and I'm sure no one would be interested.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Now then welcome to the man from the CoOp good to see someone else from Gods own county on this site it's a great place to be and usually much more friendly than some other sites that I have been to.