New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @Sir_Humphery I hope your posts will be a bit shorter
    than some of the statements from your namesake. :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Welcome to MI6 Community, @Sir_Humphrey. Are you one of us, or one of them?
    A warm welcome to all our new recruits!! <:-P
    Welcome all new members to the best bond forums around.
  • Hey Guys.
    Dabbled on here before but finally decided to make a user account and start posting.
    I've been a James Bond fan for about 8 Years now. A neighbour of mine, back in my old house, introduced the series to me.
    I remember watching You only Live Twice when I was about 6, though all I remember was the pre-titles and Nancy Sinatra's song.
    I then watched Goldeneye, which I enjoyed, and then For Your Eyes Only, which I fell in love with.
    I'm a regular member on ajb007, been on there since 2010, but I felt like joining here as well.
    I've read all the Fleming Books as well as watching the films, Doctor No and On Her majesty's secret service are my two favourite Bond Novels. I struggle to rank the Bond films though, but I can tell you that FYEO is my favourite, followed by the rest of them, close behind!
    Roger Moore is my favourite James Bond, however he must be tied with Daniel Craig for me, both different portayals, but I enjoy their films the most.
    Connery, Dalton, Brosnan and Lazenby are also fantastic in their own right.
    I look forward to good conversations about Bond, and his world, in the upcoming future.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,588
    A warm welcome to @Sir_Humphrey, @James_Suzuki, @Getter, and all other new recruits!
    Welcome @James_Suzuki
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nice to meet you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome to our community @James_Suzuki! I know you from "the other place" where I post as Silhouette Man. :)
  • Hello everyone. I've been a reader of the forum ever since I started seriously getting into Bond and I just made an account today. I hope we will get along well!.
    Welcome @Cloud007
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was referring to me and @chrisisall .
    What? Just because we have polar opposite views on Dan's last two? :-?? :))
  • Thank you kindly @Thunderpussy. Interesting name, btw. :))
    It's my Maiden name. ;)
  • Dragonpol wrote: »
    Welcome to our community @James_Suzuki! I know you from "the other place" where I post as Silhouette Man. :)
    Of, Course! I really enjoy your enthusiasm for the Literature side of Bond. :D
    Is TP, the same TP btw?
    Yep !, I'm here too. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Of, Course! I really enjoy your enthusiasm for the Literature side of Bond. :D
    Is TP, the same TP btw?

Thanks! I hope to update my blog again with new stuff soon. :)

And TP is here too.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    Hi everyone! I just created an account so I thought I might as well start here. I've been a fan of the series for a while now. Goldfinger was my first Bond film so to this day it remains my favourite. I've seen all the films and read all the books, including a couple of non-Fleming ones. I've always had trouble deciding between Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton but I think Dalton is the closest to the literary character which is what I like from my 007. Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on Bond and will hopefully get to share a few of my own.
    Welcome, @SerialHitman
    Welcome, and how awesome is it that you actually reside at Skyfall.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Hi everyone! I just created an account so I thought I might as well start here. I've been a fan of the series for a while now. Goldfinger was my first Bond film so to this day it remains my favourite. I've seen all the films and read all the books, including a couple of non-Fleming ones. I've always had trouble deciding between Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton but I think Dalton is the closest to the literary character which is what I like from my 007. Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on Bond and will hopefully get to share a few of my own.

You'll fit right in :D
    Although Skyfall lodge, must be a bit drafty these days. ;) I too
    am a fan of Tim Dalton.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    edited December 2015 Posts: 45
    Although Skyfall lodge, must be a bit drafty these days. ;) I too
    am a fan of Tim Dalton.

Cheers I'm happy to be here, I've been looking around here and it's great to see how many people appreciate Dalton's Bond.
  • TinkerTinker Her Majesty
    This is a brand new year so I decided to to see Spectre my second ever Bond film

I did a little research online I found this website and here i am, Slim .

CHEERS...... can make a toast to celebrate Spectre who's with me? Do anybody else here think Spectre is the best bond film?
    Tinker wrote: »
    This is a brand new year so I decided to to see Spectre my second ever Bond film

I did a little research online I found this website and here i am, Slim .

CHEERS...... can make a toast to celebrate Spectre who's with me? Do anybody else here think Spectre is the best bond film?

Welcome @Tinker, I also really enjoyed Spectre.
    If it is the best ever,which was the other one you saw?
  • TinkerTinker Her Majesty
    Dear lad I have only seen 2 bond films in my lifetime the other being Die Another Day starring Piece Brosnan and Toby Stevens.It's about a laser beam called Icarus which is tearing up the countryside. I still get the shivers just thinking abuoit it
  • Well hi to all everyone here on the boards. My name is Connor and I Love James Bond, the gadgets and the action and the cars, everything. I also love reporting and want to one day be a reporter. At the moment I am 10 years old but that will change. At school in my final year they said to me in a key note speech that I am a 007 spy reporter, so that about explains it up .

OK I agree with the above and I admit Spectre is my favourite 007 film. I loved the action and I loved the organization. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond but I have seen them all.

That's all for now guys.
    Tinker wrote: »
    Dear lad I have only seen 2 bond films in my lifetime the other being Die Another Day starring Piece Brosnan and Toby Stevens.It's about a laser beam called Icarus which is tearing up the countryside. I still get the shivers just thinking abuoit it

But Skyfall is your favourite, right? What did you think of A View To A Kill?
  • I have seen Die Another Day to. My dad got me out of the house and got it from the shops, I was not using Netflix at the time but now I stream it all. I loved the film, I loved the glamour and the locations but I don't not like Halle Berry and I liked the scenes which Bond is a reporter. In the movie at the ice location, Jinx is a reporter, there are a lot of reporters at the press event. I loved some of this.