SPECTRE - The Countdown and Routines Thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    All the negativity in the air really weakened my excitement for the film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Scanning through and reading spoiler free reviews have made me that much more excited. Any negativity or reviews I've read that seem to give it a mediocre score contribute to this excitement, too, as it sounds like those who absolutely adored SF didn't really care for SP all that much, and vice versa, which can only mean that I'll probably have a big blast when I go and see it for the first time in just six days. However, still trying to keep myself grounded and not expect any type of perfection. Just going to go and let it all unfold and decide for myself. Haven't watched footage in a week or so, still haven't heard the title song, haven't listened to more than two tracks from the soundtrack, and I've (thankfully, and shockingly) not come across any major spoilers. Roll on November 5th!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I have a funny way with film scores:

If the film is terrible but the score is amazing, then it gives me a reason to watch (e.g. DAF)

If the film is amazing but the score is awful, I don't really care about it and just enjoy the film anyway (e.g. GE)

So personally I'm not bothered if the score for SPECTRE is bad or good, as long as the film is good. I'm not keen on the SF score, but i love watching SF so the score doesn't bother me.

That's just me, I probably should care more :)
    I've been like that with cinematography, too, @Mendes4Lyfe. I've seen some boring or bad movies before that had incredible shots in it that have drawn me back.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Just received a follow and a personal invite to see an advanced Spectre IMAX screening and cocktail reception on Twitter!

bV9IJ3ra.jpg
    Just three days left for me. This weekend flew by, all I have left is classes tomorrow, work Wednesday, and one morning class Thursday before I'm headed to town to relax at the cinema all day until the 7 PM showing.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I'm going to see Spectre on wednesday for the second time.
    Guys...I'm settling in for the night. I'm going to sleep and wake up, go to work for seven hours in the morning, relax for the rest of the evening, get up one more time, go to an 8:30 class, and go straight to the theater to see SPECTRE for the first time. Typing that out helps it sink in just how close it is. Been a long three year wait so I hope I'm not disappointed, I'm pretty excited and hopeful for it! Can't wait to dive in and dissect the entire film in a discussion with you all here shortly.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I'm not sure whether being all anxious to try and like it helps as once that hurdle is passed it's so much better on subsequent viewings.

SP is a truly exhilarating Bond romp with a superb DC as a comfortable confident Bond - the film really flies along. Humour is measured and in fact found among support actors more than DC. They all incidentally turned in a perfect performance.

I avoided WotW until the OTS too which I found to be amazing and I like SS's song here which feels grand and an epic Bond intro and fitting in its context well. There's no cheesy awkward CGi to trip you up either.

From reading your comments here and elsewhere I'm certain you'll love it @Creasy47. It will be great to hear your review after you do.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited November 2015 Posts: 543
    At first, I wasn't as excited, but as the days count down, I'm getting more anxious to see this movie despite some of the mixed reviews. I would have loved to see it Thursday night, but it's my mother's birthday, my sisters coming over on Friday, work on Saturday and more party planning, I won't get to see this film until Sunday if I'm lucky. :((
    I'm ready.

9NAVAbv.jpg
  • I have my tickets for the 7pm showing tomorrow reserved!!! I can't *bleeping* wait!!!!!!! It's gonna be the first showing at the theatre I go to.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I have my tickets for the 7pm showing tomorrow reserved!!! I can't *bleeping* wait!!!!!!! It's gonna be the first showing at the theatre I go to.

Same here! I got my seats reserved a 7pm IMAX showing too. This is going to be my first IMAX film since an elementary school field trip to see something about fish or dolphins or something.
    I have my tickets for the 7pm showing tomorrow reserved!!! I can't *bleeping* wait!!!!!!! It's gonna be the first showing at the theatre I go to.

Same here! I got my seats reserved a 7pm IMAX showing too. This is going to be my first IMAX film since an elementary school field trip to see something about fish or dolphins or something.

Enjoy it you two! It's awesome!!
    Today is the day, finally!!! After a three year wait, I will finally see SP in theaters at 7 PM tonight. Will be sure to post my thoughts once I'm home! To all my American friends going to see it for the first time today, as well, I do hope you love it!
    To all our American cousins!!! Incase i do not get the chance to say later, Enjoy Spectre!!!!!!!!! 8-X :-bd 8-X
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    To all our American cousins - Ignore reviews, make your own mind up. All I will say is Skyfall was a Phoenix from the flames, Bond has since those events been reborn he is now Smarter. deadlier and more charismatic, no longer walking around with the weight of the world and sorrow on his shoulders his heads up an he means business. ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I hope everyone enjoys SPECTRE who is seeing it tonight =;
  • tqbtqb
    7 hours..
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    5 and a half hours for me. I've pretty much watched trailers online every day for a month and have specifically watched commercials with the hope of catching a TV spot.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,554
    6.5 HOURS!!!!!

Watching SF at the moment.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Have fun at Spectre. I know you'll have a blast
    Seeing for the second time tonight. Simply cannot wait!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I wish everybody who will see it today/tonight a great time!

I've seen it twice now. The third time will be in 44 hours, that wait is torture :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    royale65 wrote: »
    Have fun at Spectre. I know you'll have a blast

Thanks. About 5 hours away. Gonna have drinks first. I don't like vodka martinis, but I will have one or two this evening before the film.

B-)

My attire for this eve will resemble this:

6a0148c6c126f4970c017d3d8a6005970c-320wi
    Last post before seeing the movie!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I hope everyone has a great time. :)
    Standing second in line to see SPECTRE! Geeked out with some other fans for a bit (who told me Judi Dench passed away and first starred as M in LTK...amateurs) and am now 85 minutes away from seeing the movie for the first time. Trying to contain my excitement! Talk to you all soon, enjoy it, everyone!!
  • I'm the only one in the theatre as of 45 mins before the show starts! Private showing perhaps? I also scored some free posters!