SPECTRE - The Countdown and Routines Thread

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Well just remember that the holy month is November for most of the world!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,421
    Oi, @Gustav_Graves thanks for spoiling
    where the GB takes place
    . I am serious. I had managed to avoid any spoiler thus far. Didn't I make it abundantly clear in my opening post? No freaking spoilers, of any kind!
    royale65 wrote: »
    Oi, @Gustav_Graves thanks for spoiling
    where the GB takes place
    . I am serious. I had managed to avoid any spoiler thus far. Didn't I make it abundantly clear in my opening post? No freaking spoilers, of any kind!

I don't understand your rage over this. At IMDB forummembers are continuously slamming Bond for having no gunbarrel at the start. Now I really thought that mentioning the gunbarrel is MOST LIKELY (NOT CERTAIN YET) back at the start is the one and ONLY kind of info people would love to be spoiled about. Especially since this gunbarrel is never part of the story ("CR" being an exception).

Also, at this stage in the post production process of the film -it will already hit cinema's in two weeks- it's almost impossible to stay clean of spoilers. Unless you stay away of this forum and lock yourself up! So I find your rage a bit unfitting and also exaggerating. Sorry!

Bite me. I said no spoilers. It is about the principal. I don't care what they said on other forums. And sorry, but I have managed to stay spoiler free, up until this point. Cheers doofus!
  • DariusDarius UK
    I have a quick question about the premiere date. Forgive me if this has already been asked, but don't films usually come out on Fridays? I thought the UK always got the Bond film exactly one week before we do in the U.S. (that seems fair - I can't begrudge you that!) but this is a week and four days before, which seems like a random or arbitrary number. I'm not bothered, just puzzled.

Thanks for any clarification! Cheers!

Not always on a Friday. The actual date and day of the week (for eagerly anticipated blockbusters like SP) usually coincides with a accounting year-end and/or quarter date. The exact date is also timed not to clash with other movies being premiered at the same time. If it turns out that Monday is the best day tactically and financially, then so be it.

Usually non-blockbuster movies open at theatres on either Thursdays or Fridays to catch the week-end audience.
    Bite me. I said no spoilers. It is about the principal. I don't care what they said on other forums. And sorry, but I have managed to stay spoiler free, up until this point. Cheers doofus!

It's not even a spoiler man!!! What shall I call you if you call me a "doofus"?
    It is my book. Old man.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Doofus? Are we eight again?
    No, nine actually ;-)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 330
    anyone else give any thoughts on gun barrel sequence. Will the soundtrack released on the 23rd really tell whether it opens the film.

13 days ! ! ! ! ! to go
    In a big shocking twist the Mission Impossible fuse will appear to the MI theme.
    The gun barrel has finally be done away with!
    Everybody just hates it.
    You all probably think I'm being a little too anal about this (tho we are on a James Bond forum!), and its a pretty minor spoiler, but it is a spoiler none the less.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You all probably think I'm being a little too anal about this (tho we are on a James Bond forum!), and its a pretty minor spoiler, but it is a spoiler none the less.
    What if I told you the gunbarrel was at the end, or better yet, somewhere in the middle?
    Still a spoiler. I, like many, want the movie to be a complete surprise, for better or for worse.

No, you are correct and have every right to complain.

edited October 2015 Posts: 4,421
    Thank you

Sorry for calling you a doofus @Gustav_Graves. Still my point does stand. This episode has left a nasty taste in my mouth. So...

'cause, why not?

So had enough at work right now! Need my week off and this holiday and fast!!!
    Saw my first two Spectre T.V spots today. 16 days left for me and mates to go view Spectre.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I just can't wait for Al Pacino to show up as Number 1. ;)
    THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a wonderful Bond theme, that was composed by John Barry as an alternative to Monty Norman's theme: The 007 Theme. This version is re-arranged and performed by the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra:

11 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    22 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !

14 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The Netherlands !
    15 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Norway, Sweden, Finland !
    18 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Mexico !
    20 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Belgium !
    21 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Germany, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland (DE/IT-speaking) !
    22 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Spain !
    27 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in France, Switzerland (FR-speaking) !
    28 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Australia, South-Korea !
    29 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in China !
    37 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in India !
    50 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Japan !

Good news for all Chinese Bond fans! You can already see "SPECTRE" on Friday November 13th :-D!!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,441
    Before premiere with fames Dutch people, wil not be on a Monday this time but 1 day earlier on 28 October 2015. Special guest over the years: With TMND it be Daphne Dekkers and Desmond LLwelyn, with Twine it whas Desmond again with Denise Richards. With CR Eva Greene and DC (who better can stay a way) and with QOS it whas Olga.

Costume designer, Sam Smith or/and Stephanie Sigman & Andrew Scott be a good idea i think ?

RTL007 wil show a Bond movie from there top 21 and i hope after this we get a special from that red carpet. It not on the day it self, then on the real premiere day when wil show another movie. Movie who wil be show is unknown on this moment. It not be NSNA, OHMSS, TB, Yolt, TLD and TSWLM and Daniel Craig era. The last 3 movies wil be repeat on Rtl 4, but are not part of this top 21. There already started on 29 September with NSNA and 30 September OHMSS (there whas audio error with OHMSS i notice when i watched for 20 minutes or so. Not realy a good start.) and 13 December wil be second view of Skyfall (first view whas earlier this year on 03 January 2015). Every thuesday, Wednesday and Thursday a Bond movie from that top 21 around 09.30 PM on Rtl 7. With exeption if there is Rugby or football. With showing Skyfall half way December, will help Spectre who then be released for 6-7 weaks get new boost in cinema.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Officially 20 days left for my first viewing here in the States! Roll on November, I've been ready for a long while now.
  • only ten days here in uk, not far off 9 now. Sorry to rub it in. lol I've been waiting for two years for this. cannot wait so excited.
  • only ten days here in uk, not far off 9 now. Sorry to rub it in. lol I've been waiting for two years for this. cannot wait so excited.

luck you! doesn't open where I am until NOV 11 !

:((
    I can't even fathom that Spectre will be released in 9 days.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »

I can't fathom that in nine days, I'm going to have to tread very, very, very carefully on these forums (and the Internet in general).
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

I can't fathom that in nine days, I'm going to have to tread very, very, very carefully on these forums (and the Internet in general).
    Yes, I'll most likely leave from the 26th to the 5th.
    I'm actually slightly worried at just how much I'm going to spend on cinema tickets watching it over and over again!
  • I'm probably gonna see it twice, but then that's it. I hate watching nay film too many times so I just get sick of it. That's happen with skyfall. As much of a fan I am, I even get tired of certain bond films, unless I really love them.