SPECTRE - The Countdown and Routines Thread

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    T-minus 20 days and counting.....

and for the rest of the world...

....look above and subtract 1!

:P
  • RC7RC7
    This time in three weeks I'll be nearing the end of my second viewing. Madness.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »

Unless you hate it so much the first time that you don't go ;)
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Unless you hate it so much the first time that you don't go ;)

Unlikely. The only thing stopping me might be the very late finish the night before, drinking martini's off Leicester Sq.
  • Does anyone know of any free countdown apps you can download on your phone? I tried one and it didn't work. I'd love to set one up on my phone now that we're down to one month (in the U.S.) for Spectre!
    Just booked the tickets. Friday the 30th of October. *Girly screams*
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just 29 days left. So close now...
  • The wait is killing me...BUT I wouldn't give it up for anything. The wait is part of the fun.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THRE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a beautiful instrumental piece of "SkyFall", composed and arranged by Paul Epworth:

19 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    30 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !

22 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The Netherlands !
    23 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Norway, Sweden & Finland !
    28 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Belgium !
    29 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Germany, Brazil, Canada & Switzerland (DE/IT-speaking) !
    30 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Spain !
    35 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in France & Switzerland (FR-speaking) !
    36 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Australia & South-Korea!
    45 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in India!
    58 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Japan & China !
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Gustav_Graves I'm not sure if that is the case in the entire Germany, but at least where I live there is a screening on the 4th of November, so 28 days from today :-bd
    Also, Portugal gets it on the 5th of November, 29 days from today, you can add that to your list :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Just booked the tickets on the 27th of October... Perfect timing to come back in London for a few days and visit some friends. That means that I'll see Spectre more than a week before the italian release. Actually I cannot wait.
    18 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    29 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a beautiful cover of "We Have All The Time In The World", the title song for "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". Composed and arranged by John Barry, lyrics by Hal David and sang by Rumer:

17 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    28 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !

20 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The Netherlands !
    21 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Norway, Sweden, Finland !
    24 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Mexico !
    26 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Belgium !
    27 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Germany, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland (DE/IT-speaking) !
    28 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Spain !
    33 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in France, Switzerland (FR-speaking) !
    34 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Australia, South-Korea!
    43 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in India!
    56 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Japan, China !
    I had forgotten about that cover, just stunning, so evocative of that era. IMHO, the debate is over re the next Bond singer.
    AAAARGH!!! S.P.E.C.T.R.E. !!!! 8-X >:) 8-X >:) 8-X

I think I'm starting to become more of a SPECTRE-fan than a James Bond-fan >:) . I hope S.P.E.C.T.R.E. destroyssss MI6 and 007 8-X

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    That trailer is freaking fantastic!

I want to see that movie!! That one Dr. No's Thunderball From Russia Where You Live Twice.
  • Two weeks, guys! Can you believe it? :D

article-P-c198c6f5-157b-4bd2-b172-25cd020a0095-6UrpmKxRsHSK2-704_634x356.jpg
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    A brilliant trailer, but missing clips from OHMSS.

One month for me :(
    THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a wonderful Suite of the score from "Live And Let Die". Entirely composed, arranged and conducted by Sir George Martin. Shame he didn't come back for a 2nd Bond film:

14 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    25 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !

17 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The Netherlands !
    18 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Norway, Sweden, Finland !
    21 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Mexico !
    23 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Belgium !
    24 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Germany, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland (DE/IT-speaking) !
    25 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Spain !
    30 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in France, Switzerland (FR-speaking) !
    31 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Australia, South-Korea !
    32 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in China !
    40 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in India !
    53 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Japan !

Good news for all Chinese Bond fans! You can already see "SPECTRE" on Friday November 13th :-D!!
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 354
    It's a blast from the past for me.

In two weeks time on 26th October, I'll be going back to the Royal Albert Hall to see the premiere of SPECTRE. Many years ago, I used to work in an office overlooking this venue! I've already bought a new gown for my wife and it's time to break out the old tux. It doesn't get that many outings these days, so it's definitely a red letter day.
    As Halloween is coming, I am reading ghost stories. Ghost stories are spectres, does that count? Oh and maybe I will read Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu. Cthulhu has the head of a squid. SPECTRE's symbol/mascot is an octopus.
  • I have a quick question about the premiere date. Forgive me if this has already been asked, but don't films usually come out on Fridays? I thought the UK always got the Bond film exactly one week before we do in the U.S. (that seems fair - I can't begrudge you that!) but this is a week and four days before, which seems like a random or arbitrary number. I'm not bothered, just puzzled.

Thanks for any clarification! Cheers!
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    There is a whopping 17 days between releases for SPECTRE and that is something not only utterly stupid but totally unnecessary when any other big movie can come out within 3 days worldwide. (China and exotic countries excluded).

I really don't see any reason for this. And it does spoil parts of the story for half the world. Because if there are any plot twists in Spectre it will be reported in the newspapers and of course in the main headlines so nobody can escape it.

Skyfall and QOS opened within 8 days worldwide, again not counting exotic countries.

I can get one week but 17 days, pleeezzeee.....
    There is a whopping 17 days between releases for SPECTRE and that is something not only utterly stupid but totally unnecessary when any other big movie can come out within 3 days worldwide. (China and exotic countries excluded).

I really don't see any reason for this. And it does spoil parts of the story for half the world. Because if there are any plot twists in Spectre it will be reported in the newspapers and of course in the main headlines so nobody can escape it.

Skyfall and QOS opened within 8 days worldwide, again not counting exotic countries.

I can get one week but 17 days, pleeezzeee.....

Not necessarily. Such a roll-out can be quite advantageous IF the movie is very good and receives plentiful raving reviews. Then it can create a positive narrative across the globe. It's how it worked for "Skyfall" as well.

And....just be patient :-).
    Well I can't complain I'll see it one day after London ha! :))
    Well I can't complain I'll see it one day after London ha! :))

That's the spirit :-P.

Anyway.....

THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a wonderful song that isn't a Bond song! But it does feature the wonderful vocals of Dame Shirley Bassey. Composed and conducted by Lalo Shiffrin, this was the Bond-esque title track to "The Liquidator":

13 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United Kingdom & Ireland !
    24 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The United States !

16 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in The Netherlands !
    17 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Norway, Sweden, Finland !
    20 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Mexico !
    22 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Belgium !
    23 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Germany, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland (DE/IT-speaking) !
    24 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Spain !
    29 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in France, Switzerland (FR-speaking) !
    30 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Australia, South-Korea !
    31 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in China !
    39 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in India !
    52 DAYS and counting until the premiere of "SPECTRE" in Japan !

Good news for all Chinese Bond fans! You can already see "SPECTRE" on Friday November 13th :-D!!
  • Two weeks, guys! Can you believe it? :D

Ha, very good. Yes, I cannot believe it. I'm so excited, and ive got two weeks holiday the day before the premier. Cannot believe its nearly that time. I looking forward to whether the gun barrel will open the film. ? What are your thoughts guys. I'm from UK by the way
    Two weeks, guys! Can you believe it? :D

Ha, very good. Yes, I cannot believe it. I'm so excited, and ive got two weeks holiday the day before the premier. Cannot believe its nearly that time. I looking forward to whether the gun barrel will open the film. ? What are your thoughts guys. I'm from UK by the way

It's already more or less confirmed: The gunbarrel entrance shot from Daniel Kleinman will be at the very start of the film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Two weeks, guys! Can you believe it? :D

It's already more or less confirmed: The gunbarrel entrance shot from Daniel Kleinman will be at the very start of the film.
    We'll know for sure when the score is released,
    and the very first track begins with the Bond theme or a variation of the Bond theme.
    THE HOLY MONTH HAS ARRIVED! A MONTH THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! An to prepare the countdown properly, I will add with every new post a nice piece of Bond music :-D! Today, a wonderful song that isn't a Bond song! But it does feature the wonderful vocals of Dame Shirley Bassey. Composed and conducted by Lalo Shiffrin, this was the Bond-esque title track to "The Liquidator":

She does a ballad version of this too. Never seen the film but I suppose the ballad version was for the end credits?