#08 choose between two options: CONNERY-DALTON-BROSNAN ...or... LAZENBY-MOORE-CRAIG

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited June 2017 Posts: 6,788
    I'd hate to miss out on Laz's outing but I'm going with Connery-Dalton-Brosnan. Three exquisite Bond actors and favourite actors of mine in general with only two films I'm not too keen about.

Considering my most recent ranking I think my choice is logical despite losing my number one:

Option 1: 3 in my top 5, 6 in my top 10 and 10 in my top 15.
    Option 2: 2 in my top 5, 4 in my top 10 and 5 in my top 15.
    YOU MONSTER!!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Option one for me, though I would miss the Moore films dearly.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Option one for me, though I would miss the Moore films dearly.
    My feelings exactly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It would have to be option 2

I hate losing the first three, but I have no interest in owning the Brosnan films.
    Option 2 for me .
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    2 as well
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    This is truly a cruel task! I understand both choices people might make here. On the one hand we have Connery's timeless classics. On the other hand we have OHMSS and Craig's best efforts.

Imho the 2nd set has the upper hand, mainly because it has the unbeatable films (mentioned above), and it also features films that are all easily watchable, unlike those in set one. For example, set one has DAF, LTK and DAD and that's already a quarter. I must admit that it's hard to let go of Connery's 60s filmography though. Tough call.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited June 2017 Posts: 2,721
    This may be the most difficult one yet! Ok - so I even wrote this out to do the maths on it...

Top - DN, FRWL, GF, GE, TLD, LTK - Middle - TB, YOLT Lower - DAF, TND, TWINE, DAD

Top - CR, SF, OHMSS, LALD, FYEO - Middle - QOS,TSWLM Lower - SP, OP,MWTGG,AVTAK

So My top 4 is FRWL, CR, OHMSS, TLD - that splits evenly across the two - The lower level of the first option are plagued with two of my absolute least favourites - DAF and DAD and on balance Brosnan really does pull down option one dramatically- however - it has the holy trinity of Connery's first three and even given my biased love of Dalton it's the Connery's which make me choose OPTION 1

To be asked to never watch FRWL and DN again particularly is just unthinkable. Whereas if really pushed the only unthinkable one to miss out on in the second option top level is CR. However, I do think option two has a better balance and even if option one's lows are lower, its highs are higher.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    This is so very cruel.

I must go with 2. RM and DC films are the most rewatchable in my opinion. If I were to rank my top 10 currently, 6 of the 10 are made up of movies from option 2. But I would stomp my feet as you took option 1 films away from me :(
  • This sure is an evil one, but upon thought I'm able to give my answer confidently.

Option 1 has six of my Top 10s, and Option 2 has four. Option 2 also has my #1 favorite: OHMSS. That's hard to let go.

But Connery's first 5 formed nearly all of the first golden age of Bond, and for me Brosnan's first three were the second golden age of Bond. Then there's my 3rd favorite, LTK, and TLD is a strong mid-packer. The only two iffy choices here are DAF and DAD and I can still have quite a bit of fun with them both. They make a pretty good double feature actually.

Confidently, Option 1.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I think this is actually the easiest choice for me so far.

OHMSS + the Moore and Craig films is the clear winner, even though set one has some real gems.

Mark me down for Option 2 please.
    Very cruel choice indeed! With a gun to my head it has to be OPTION 1. Because of Dalton of course and Connerys films are always an easy watch. Putting woodenchops Brossa in with Dalton is like putting cream with sour milk! (Dalton being the cream of course!)
    I would really miss not seeing my beloved OHMSS though!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Losing Connery would be a travesty, but I couldn't bear to be stuck with DAD and LTK for eternity, so its option 2 for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Option 1: Connery, Dalton & Brosnan

I am stuck with GF, DAF, DAD (and a lesser degree TB), but on the upside, I have, DN, FRWL, TLD, LTK & TND)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited February 2018 Posts: 9,020
    CHOOSE one of two OPTIONS and explain your decision if you like.

This time: Choose between: Imagine you could only watch one set of films and the other set never ever again.

Option One:
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan (12 films)

Option Two:
    Lazenby-Moore-Craig (12 films)

votes so far:
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan: 10 votes
    @ClarkDevlin
    @GoldenGun
    @BMW_with_missiles
    @Birdleson
    @Major_Boothroyd
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero
    @Mathis1
    @MajorDSmythe
    @Strog
    @Creasy47

Lazenby-Moore-Craig: 10 votes
    @bondjames
    @Thunderfinger
    @barryt007
    @Last_Rat_Standing
    @BondAficionado
    @MooseWithFleas
    @pachazo
    @NicNac
    @ForYourEyesOnly
    @M_Balje
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2017 Posts: 28,694
    A shame Brosnan is grouped in with Connery and Dalton instead of Dan's four. Right there you'd have the only Bond films I'd ever care to watch again, outside of OHMSS's absence.

These hypothetical choices, like picking children (for those who tolerate children), are rather cruel. If I had a cyanide capsule I'd take a bite to avoid the decision entirely.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    "Threw mine away years ago."
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan sounds perfect to me.

Just swap YOLT, DAF, TWINE and DAD with OHMSS, TMWTGG, MR and CR :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Damn, this is cruel....
    I would leave Dalton behind in a hearthbeat (I just want you to know that this is nothing personal. It's purely business.)
    And i could live without Connery, but not without Brosnan, Moore, Craig
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Lazenby-Moore-Craig for me. That makes up half of my top ten and the rest are either in the teens or still very enjoyable despite being ranked lower (ie. MR).
    Much as I love Rog and Dan, I could never give up the very best.

And with Brosnan, there's at the very least a nostalgia factor.

Connery-Dalton-Brosnan for me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Option One for me. It's a tough one, but it's Connery.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If it has Connery and it has Brosnan, I can't help but choose the two. Even if I have to let go of my favourite that is Moore.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Option Two.

Dr No, Frwl, Yolt, Daf, tld, ltk, ge, tmnd, twine = 9
    Ohmss, Lald, Tmwtgg, tswlm, Mr, fyeo, op, avtak, qos = 9

Draw, but the second list only have two titles who not be in my top 12. Moonraker and QOS.
    The first list four: DR NO, Yolt, Daf and Ltk.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lazenby-Moore-Craig for me. That makes up half of my top ten and the rest are either in the teens or still very enjoyable despite being ranked lower (ie. MR).

This, although losing the first three sucks.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 9,020
    Quite a while since this thread has been maintained. No need to let any more time pass to continue the torture.

I'll give the last round another chance to gather a few more votes. You'll see in the list below if you have already voted or not.

CHOOSE one of two OPTIONS and explain your decision if you like.

This time: Choose between: Imagine you could only watch one set of films and the other set never ever again.

Option One:
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan (12 films)

Option Two:
    Lazenby-Moore-Craig (12 films)

votes so far:
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan: 12 votes
    @ClarkDevlin
    @GoldenGun
    @BMW_with_missiles
    @Birdleson
    @Major_Boothroyd
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero
    @Mathis1
    @MajorDSmythe
    @Strog
    @Creasy47
    @Remington
    @CraigMooreOHMSS

Lazenby-Moore-Craig: 12 votes
    @bondjames
    @Thunderfinger
    @barryt007
    @Last_Rat_Standing
    @BondAficionado
    @MooseWithFleas
    @pachazo
    @NicNac
    @ForYourEyesOnly
    @M_Balje
    @LeChiffre
    @j_w_pepper

Option Three: commit ritualistic suicide
    @mattjoes
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 1,533
    Connery, Dalton, and Brosnan for me. Eight favorites and four solid films. Just barely though.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 6,788
    Remington wrote: »
    Connery, Dalton, and Brosnan for me. Eight favorites and four solid films. Just barely though.

Only DAF and DAD are quetionable for me, the rest is fine.

Would be a pity to miss out on OHMSS, FYEO, Baron Samedi, Miss Anders and Scaramanga though.
    lazenby-moore-craig for me by default only because Craig is my favourite Bond of all time. Moore I could ignore. I'd watch lazenby as I love ohmss and not the actor.