Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Agent007391, was that comment necessary?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:

Only as necessary as yours.
    I know you and someone else have been having a big bicker contest over which console is better, but your comment wasn't needed, I was just posting what I thought on the video.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,351
    So today - or tomorrow depending on where you are - is the day of the PS4 reveal. I'm eager to know what it looks like and what Sony have in store.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Thanks for starting an unnecessary argument, @Agent007391, totally grown up of you.

I can see why you are taking a break from this place, @Creasy47.
    Sony kicking butt so far. Ps4 looks a little like the Xbox One but a little slicker. So far so good with the games
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Here she is:

9012525050_22e7a363b7_z.jpg

Seems a PS+ subscription is necessary for online play now.
    PS+ is worth the price though for all the free stuff you get. 399 price point sold it for me. Good job by Sony!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited June 2013 Posts: 784
    bondbat007 wrote:
    PS+ is worth the price though for all the free stuff you get. 399 price point sold it for me. Good job by Sony!

Same, game selection is looking great too. The PS4 is compact and stylish....nice.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I need my Mario fix! :p
    I like it's look and it's price. I'll buy one at some point without a doubt. Now, to look at the games.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited June 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote:

Thanks for starting an unnecessary argument, @Agent007391, totally grown up of you.

Actually, that was my misinterpreting what he said. I thought he was being sarcastic, and so was I. My apologies.
    Here she is:

9012525050_22e7a363b7_z.jpg

Why don't we just call it the Pyramid? It's halfway there already.
    Seems a PS+ subscription is necessary for online play now.

Really? Will it at least be cheap?

EDIT: @Creasy47: Okay, I'm an idiot for not asking this in the first place: Which comment of mine was unnecessary? Because I think I may have misinterpreted you, misinterpreting me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh wow...this looks awesome!

Mario, Luigi, Princess and Toad are playable!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Actually, that was my misinterpreting what he said. I thought he was being sarcastic, and so was I. My apologies.

I'm sorry for jumping at you like that, as I can see how you could take his comment as sarcasm, but @Creasy47 is the one you should be apologizing to.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm sorry for jumping at you like that, as I can see how you could take his comment as sarcasm, but @Creasy47 is the one you should be apologizing to.

It was a general apology, I was just quoting you.
    MAD MAX GAME!!!!

edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    MAD MAX GAME!!!!

I wonder if it is a tie-in to the Tom Hardy-starring reboot?

• edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Tom Hardy starring sequel ;)

Someone posted some pictures in the Mad Max thread and I think it looks more like Gibson than Hardy (although they did hide his face).

Also, it's apparently been in development for a few years (before any work on Fury Road started), and it doesn't have the Fury Road name, so it seems like an original story rather than a tie in.

This Assassin's Creed really looks great and I get the feeling, if done right, it will be the best in the series to date.
    From the looks of that demo, they've improved the stealth. And it seems like they're keeping to their word on the whole seamless world deal.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It looks impressive. And the Naval aspect looks quite spectacular. I might... I might buy this one on release. And I like that little move with the wheel at 3:13 in the first trailer, Altair would be proud.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,351
    I'm looking forward to this more than GTA V. There. I said it.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,329
    I lost interest during brotherhood but my golly this black flag may have already won my heart.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Here is a gameplay session and Q&A of the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins game:

I was nervous about Rocksteady not developing this game, but I must say: the new dev team really have a respect for the Rocksteady Arkham games that came before, and have kept much of the gameplay the same while adding new features that make them even better. This is definitely my most anticipated game of the year!
    Well, MicroShaft seem to finally be listening to the people.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15307-Microsoft-Backtracks-on-Xbox-One-DRM-Policies.html

Now, if they can only get rid of those stupid TV functions, it'll actually be a gaming console again.
    Well, MicroShaft seem to finally be listening to the people.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15307-Microsoft-Backtracks-on-Xbox-One-DRM-Policies.html

Now, if they can only get rid of those stupid TV functions, it'll actually be a gaming console again.

Amazing how fast they changed their tune, huh? The real mystery is why they thought any of that was a good idea to begin with!
    Force more people to pay for Xbox Live subscriptions = More money. This was MicroShaft's plan from the beginning.
    I can see where they were coming from with wanting their gamers to be based around sharing with members of their 'Family' and accessing their games from any console, but all of this should've just been an option from the get-go, and I'm glad that they revised their outlook on the future of the XB1. Either way, I wasn't terribly upset: every time I'm on my 360, I'm online. It was just the used game thing that was getting to me. Still, I've had it pre-ordered since the first day it was available for reserve.