Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

That looks brilliant. I'm getting it day one for sure.

The fighting bits remind me of Max Payne 3 without the John Woo stuff.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like they most certainly improved on the movement and gun shooting. Day One for me, that's for damn sure. Looks incredible.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    That trailer was decent. I liked the variety of activities to do like scuba diving and flying. Cant say I like the idea of switching characters mid mission....seems odd.
    That trailer was decent. I liked the variety of activities to do like scuba diving and flying. Cant say I like the idea of switching characters mid mission....seems odd.

That's the one thing that has thrown me off from the start: I'm going to miss getting to know and love one single character throughout the entirety of the game. I feel like it'll be a lot more fluid and fun, though, once you get your hands on a copy and play it for yourself. That's how I'm looking at it, anyway. I can't pass this up, it looks too good.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm just glad that you can actually do stuff in the world again. GTA4's world just felt empty, despite the fact that there were people everywhere.
    @Agent007391, while I love 'GTA IV' and I still consider it one of my favorite games of all time, there were too many moments where the streets were completely void of cars and civilians. I don't think I should ever walk around in a fictional Times Square and feel alone, unless it's an end-of-the-world game or something. I want the city to be completely sprawling all the time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the just general lack of things to do, like the PS2 era's Paramedic, or Taxi Driver missions, things like that. There were so few non-story things to do, and that's a complete reversal from the PS2 era, which it looks like GTA5 is bringing back.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    It should not be a surprise to anyone technical that the best games come out in the final death throes of a hardware platform. The launch titles for PS4 and Xbox One look nothing special because developers have no idea yet on what they can achieve with the technology. Added to that, the PS3 emotion CPU was a tricky mother ****er to get flying. Now we're seeing what we actually had in our homes 7 years ago.
    @Agent007391, I know what you meant, I was branching off of your "people everywhere" line, in that I felt like there were times where I was in a bustling city that was completely rid of cars and people for a moment. I know you were talking about things to do.

@JamesPage, that's true. I suppose that's why it looks so amazing. I do think that quite a few next-gen games already look beyond spectacular, but just think how games will look in 2020 or so.
    Just found this on 360 Achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15490-Rambo--The-Video-Game-Gets-First-In-Game-Footage.html

Calling it now: COD clone with Stallone.
    "Coming winter 2013"

Just like it was coming 2012? Still, it looks quite cool. Nothing special game wise but it seems fairly faithful to the films and I like how they're using voice clips from the films instead of getting cheap knock off actors to do it.

Speaking of voice actors, @oo7 let me know on the Mad Max thread that they're making him Australian again! :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15490-Rambo--The-Video-Game-Gets-First-In-Game-Footage.html

Rambo Legends! This might be fun though. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Speaking of voice actors, @oo7 let me know on the Mad Max thread that they're making him Australian again! :)

Yes, fans were up in arms about it so the developers changed their minds, although it should have been like this in the first place, don't you think?!
    Murdock wrote:

Rambo Legends! This might be fun though. :)

Just so long as you're not asked to infiltrate a place quietly, then turn right the f*ck around and EMP the place, causing multitudes of explosions.
    That game looks like a big joke. Wow.
  • oo7oo7
    "Coming winter 2013"

totally, Rambo is a rail shooter.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw that GTA5 trailer....my jaw is still on the floor.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Just saw that GTA5 trailer....my jaw is still on the floor.

So is mine. That's how it's been since the trailer was first released. The game is going to soak up so much of my time come September.
    It's almost insane at how emmer since, expansive and detailed the game is going to be. In fact it's almost scary.
    doubleoego wrote:
    It's almost insane at how emmer since, expansive and detailed the game is going to be. In fact it's almost scary.

Just how large it is astounds me. And then you take that and look at ONE single street and the detail they've put into that. It's unbelievable.
  • oo7oo7
    ELI-LIQUID.jpg
    oo7 wrote:
    ELI-LIQUID.jpg

We've mentioned this in the Metal Gear thread, too. It's also got a discussion on the Metal Gear Wiki, and like everything else in the series, it's pretty much considered bullsh*t on thesnakesoup.org, where nearly everyone hates the series past MGS1.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2013 Posts: 1,068
    eli.jpg
    Solid ....... Liquid
    No, that's not solid, that's Chico.
  • oo7oo7
    34ru9u8.jpg
    chico has red hair....the boy to the left is david....aka solid snake
    edited July 2013 Posts: 7,854
    oo7 wrote:
    34ru9u8.jpg
    chico has red hair....the boy to the left is david....aka solid snake

It's already been confirmed as Chico. Plus, that scene takes place in 1975, when the twins would be all of three years old, whereas we assume the Eli scene is set in 1984. Know the difference between what is confirmed as Ground Zeroes and what we think is The Phantom Pain.

And why say this while posting a picture of who we think is Psycho Mantis?

Can't wait.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    oo7 wrote:
    "Coming winter 2013"

totally, Rambo is a rail shooter.
    Really? Meh. The trailer looked really good but I don't like rail shooters. :(

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Can't wait.

I agree. I was very disappointed with AC3, but the more I see of Black Flag, the more I like it. The Naval Missions were the only good part of AC3, and Black Flag looks like it has much more Naval action. =D>
    I think it was far from the only good part but it was definitely the best bit imo.