Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    New screenshots of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments:

http://www.sherlockholmes-lejeu.fr/index.php?rub=images
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I can see where they were coming from with wanting their gamers to be based around sharing with members of their 'Family' and accessing their games from any console, but all of this should've just been an option from the get-go, and I'm glad that they revised their outlook on the future of the XB1. Either way, I wasn't terribly upset: every time I'm on my 360, I'm online. It was just the used game thing that was getting to me. Still, I've had it pre-ordered since the first day it was available for reserve.

These days, most people are usually always online, but that's not the point. At my house, we have a generally stable connection, but there are occasional periods where the connection gets knocked out for literally no reason, and I'm not the only one this happens to. Always online would have punished people for that by robbing them of their ability to play their games until the connection sorted itself out.

Now, there were some good things that have been taken away, such as the ability to log on anywhere and instantly have your complete game library available to play, but what's gained far outweighs what's lost.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Agent007391, I can agree with that. Storms can make my Internet go out for a day (or a few) at a time, and having a $500 obsolete block won't make me happy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Exactly. MicroShaft obviously weren't thinking about that when they decided on "always online".
    Exactly. MicroShaft obviously weren't thinking about that when they decided on "always online".

And funnily enough, XBL was down for a good while here and there today for maintenance. Good thing they didn't have a plan for an always online console at any point!

I feel like most of the things they offered (and now cancelled) would have been better as options; not so much the used games thing, or the always online thing - apparently, the system will still be much greater online as Cloud can always change aspects of the game - but the whole game-sharing, always using Kinect, 'Family' options would have been great.
  • oo7oo7
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,068
    img4.jpg
    img3.jpg
    img2.jpg
    img1.jpg
    bg_en-gb.jpg
    I'm getting a nice 'Rage' vibe from 'Mad Max,' and that sky looks incredible.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's funny, I got a 'Mad Max' vibe from 'Rage'.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's funny, I got a 'Mad Max' vibe from 'Rage'.

I did, as well, I'm just seeing them backwards now. 'Rage' was most certainly inspired by 'Mad Max,' impossible for it to be vice versa.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    :-< This has pissed me off although I should've thought something was dodgy when I heard the bloke in the teaser speaking with an American accent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10130073/American-Mad-Max-angers-Australians.html

The new Mad Max game stars an American Max and is set in America X(

This is f***ing ridiculous. You wouldn't make Bond American would you? Why would they do this, especially with the new film (which despite starring Tom Hardy is set in Australia with an Australian Max) coming out.

I refuse to buy this because it's butchering the character and I hope other fans will join me in protesting.
    I don't mind the setting, but an American Mad Max? That just sounds stupid.
  • oo7oo7
    The game would appear to be 18 months in its current state of development. pre alpha so things are not locked into place. as this is not due to arrive till around Xmas next year the voice work will no doubt change.
    If you look at the full trailer you will notice the fallen bridge witnessed by the pilot and children from thunder dome is there, of course they passed it on the way to a fallen Sydney so this is clearly still the Australian setting.
    Of course if Mel Gibson is content with Machette films and Expendables 3 I see no reason why he would not be willing to lend his voice to a full game. although he sounds more american now.
    ...I'm ashamed to say I've never seen a 'Mad Max' film. I always see it on steelbook blu-ray for cheap at Wal-Mart, and I feel like it's one of those films I could get and just not be disappointed with.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ...I'm ashamed to say I've never seen a 'Mad Max' film. I always see it on steelbook blu-ray for cheap at Wal-Mart, and I feel like it's one of those films I could get and just not be disappointed with.

I haven't seen them either.
  • oo7oo7
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,068
    creasy47. Brady. netflix, blurays, dvds, stop reading about these films and just go treat yourself this weekend. I would love to hear what you both think of them.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    oo7 wrote:
    creasy47. Brady. netflix, blurays, dvds, stop reading about these films and just go treat yourself this weekend. I would love to hear what you both think of them.

Pfftt, I wish it was that simple. Time is not my friend this summer, so much of my "watch-list" will have to wait until college begins for me again. Though, this has given me an idea for a thread.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/mad-max-with-an-american-accent-no-thanks

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/what-happened-to-mad-maxs-aussie-accent

They said they might change it and hopefully after the backlash this is getting, they won't be stupid enough not too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/mad-max-with-an-american-accent-no-thanks

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/what-happened-to-mad-maxs-aussie-accent

They said they might change it and hopefully after the backlash this is getting, they won't be stupid enough not too.

This tends to happen alot now in gaming. In Hitman: Absolution they were going give Agent 47 a new voice, but the Backlash caused them to bring back his original Voice actor, For the better too. ;)
    And yet Metal Gear fans still can't get David Hayter back as Snake for MGSV... Oh, well, I think Kiefer Sutherland will do a good job.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And yet Metal Gear fans still can't get David Hayter back as Snake for MGSV... Oh, well, I think Kiefer Sutherland will do a good job.

Well if you think about it. Big Boss is supposed to be in his early to mid 50's in MGSV. Hayter has that younger sound to his voice. Kiefer has that older rougher sound to his voice.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Murdock wrote:

Well if you think about it. Big Boss is supposed to be in his early to mid 50's in MGSV. Hayter has that younger sound to his voice. Kiefer has that older rougher sound to his voice.

They're only 2-3 years apart in age, and if Hayter could play Solid Snake at biologically 42, but genetically in his 60s, how can he not play Big Boss at 49?

oo7 wrote:

Pfftt, I wish it was that simple. Time is not my friend this summer, so much of my "watch-list" will have to wait until college begins for me again. Though, this has given me an idea for a thread.

I'm with you on that. I work a whole lot, don't really have time to just sit back and do what I want all day, every day.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

I'm with you on that. I work a whole lot, don't really have time to just sit back and do what I want all day, every day.

Hell, I don't have a job, and I feel like I don't have enough time to watch everything I want to see.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

Hell, I don't have a job, and I feel like I don't have enough time to watch everything I want to see.

I hear you. Last summer I didn't have a job, but I still didn't watch all the films I wished to. Even if you don't have paying work you have other commitments in your life and other things you wish to do except watch films, and those can get in the way too, as I am sure you can agree with, @Agent007391. Also, I have to be in the mood to watch a certain film, and if I am not my enjoyment of it may not be as great.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, same. I have lots of films I'm dying to see, but with that requires the right mood to watch them.
    'Grand Theft Auto V' gameplay trailer will be online tomorrow:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15467-GTA-V--Gameplay-Trailer-Hits-Tomorrow.html

I know I contemplated not getting this, but after saving up money and realizing that I do, in fact, still have $5 put down on a copy of the game, I think I'll get it. Will be a nice way to spend my last two months with my 360 before I go next-gen.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    @creasy it looks frigging awesome!!!!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,351
    Here it is: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15479-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-s-First-Gameplay-Trailer-is-Criminally-Good.html

I like the look of it, too. Lots of switching it up between the characters and some new features. The graphics look good as well.
    Finally, a San Andreas-style GTA game for this generation! (Only coincidence that it takes place in Los Santos!)

I love what I see. There is so much stuff packed into this game, and you can do so many things that I have always wanted to do in an open world game. I love that all the characters each have their own lives and problems and can be right in the middle of a chase of shootout the moment you choose to switch to their character. That shows that each character has a living, breathing life that keeps going even after you are done playing as them, and that is cool. The scuba diving, parachuting, and the heist missions that you have the ability to plan out look astounding, and the open world is massive and atmospheric. I can't wait to do all the activities and more shown in this trailer, and each look fleshed out and well planned. Rockstar even appear to have fixed the clunky animations and beefed up the gun mechanics (that look like a mix of Read Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3's shooting controls) and made the driving more responsive and real world. The characters don't move so stiffly as Rockstar models tend to, but instead move in a much more realistic fashion, something I love to see. The multiplayer also looks like heaps of fun, and it seems like you can even have your own apartment or safehouse while playing online in the game where you can customize your character.

There is just so much here to love, and I am sure this game will be hailed as one of the best ever made in a few month's time! It looks like another Rockstar classic!