Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    An Xbox One dev did an AMA on Reddit and answered a few questions. None of them are terribly revealing, as he knows only a tad bit more than the public knows, and he can't reveal evidence that states it's him. But, he did say some things such as he thinks a headset will ship with the console, which is nice. Saves me $20.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=504163
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/lN28TV7mA50?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/lN28TV7mA50?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Copperhead (as a girl) is revealed to be one of the assassins in 'Batman: Arkham Origins.' Trailer within the link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=106632
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Godd*mn that chick is athletic.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, amazingly, it seems like Left4Dead 3 is actually going to happen.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/left-4-dead-3-countdown-appears/

Now, if only Valve could get up off their dead asses and bring us Half-Life 3. Or even Half-Life 2 Episode Three.
    Mad Hatter has been outed for 'Batman: Arkham Origins':
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15604-Mad-Hatter-Outed-For-Batman--Arkham-Origins.html

@Agent007391, the possibility of L4D3 happening makes my day. I look forward to GamesCom to seeing if this rumor is true.
    Hopefully, it comes to PS3 or PS4 as well, because I don't think I have a PC that'll run it. My brother's Windows 7 almost doesn't run L4D2.
    I think in a stage like this, it should end up being X360/PS3/X1/PS4.
    I would think so too, but Valve are very PC-centric, so it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up a PC exclusive, at least for a little while.
    GameStop has released an upgrade credit promotion for Xbox 360 - Xbox One games:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15770-GameStop-Announces-Upgrade-Credit-on-Xbox-360-Versions-of-Xbox-One-Games.html

Deep Silver releases Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition for 'Saint's Row IV,' and it can be yours for the low price of $1 million. No joke:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15771-Saints-Row-IV-Super-Dangerous-Wad-Wad-Edition-Costs-$1-Million.html

If you had the money, it seems more than worth it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Deep Silver releases Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition for 'Saint's Row IV,' and it can be yours for the low price of $1 million. No joke:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15771-Saints-Row-IV-Super-Dangerous-Wad-Wad-Edition-Costs-$1-Million.html

A million bucks for all that stuff, and a trip on a space flight? My ass.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

A million bucks for all that stuff, and a trip on a space flight? My ass.

Har har; very funny, Deep Silver. I call galactic BS on this.

• Shows off how seamless it all is.
    I just don't think I can get 'Assassin's Creed IV.' The third installment was not a favorite of mine, and it was too big a chore to get through. Took me months just to beat the single player. This appears to be more of the same, so I'll take a pass and pick up 'Watch Dogs' instead.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,352
    It's look really clever, thanks for posting. It is one of the very few games I want to buy towards the end of this year, so that must say something about it, I hope. I'll get Watch Dogs too, I wouldn't put one over the other.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Don't think I'm bothered about Watch Dogs. Looks very pretty but the hacking stuff doesn't interest me and with Saints Row, FIFA, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Zelda and South Park all coming out I think I'll have more than enough to play.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    This appears to be more of the same

I think it looks like anything but. Well, the basic run/climb/stab gameplay is the same but that always is. But they've definitely done a fair bit to improve it imo. Most of my problems with Assassin's Creed 3 seem to have been addressed.

Although to be fair I'm a real fanboy when it comes to this series. The Assassins Creed name alone is enough to guarantee me buying this.
    @thelivingroyale, while I haven't read too much into it, do you know if they got rid of the 100% Synchronization side objectives during missions? I was a completionist, and this ruined the game for me, having to go out of my way and replay missions ten or twenty times to beat ONE tiny optional objective.
  • I'm not sure but I hope so. I tried to get all the optional objectives during Brotherhood but it annoyed me so much that by Revelations I was just ignoring them completely.

I'm glad I'm not a completionist because some of them during AC 3 just seemed ridiculous (don't take any damage on a battlefield, don't shove anyone when sprinting through a crowded street, etc).

They're making a big deal about choice though (like in the video above, he kept saying you didn't have to do things this way, that this was one of many options), so you'd think they'd have got rid of annoying constraints like that.
    I'm not sure but I hope so. I tried to get all the optional objectives during Brotherhood but it annoyed me so much that by Revelations I was just ignoring them completely.

I'm glad I'm not a completionist because some of them during AC 3 just seemed ridiculous (don't take any damage on a battlefield, don't shove anyone when sprinting through a crowded street, etc).

They're making a big deal about choice though (like in the video above, he kept saying you didn't have to do things this way, that this was one of many options), so you'd think they'd have got rid of annoying constraints like that.

I heard the ones during 'Brotherhood' were really tough. I fondly remember the 'don't shove anyone when sprinting through a crowded street' optional objective. Did that objective so many times. There was also one where you had to get from one side of a battlefield to another without taking any damage. So damn tough.

With the 'freedom' they speak of, I really hope that they did get rid of the objectives. It was probably the biggest complaint to me, alongside not liking Connor at all and the environment became stale and bland really fast. Sprinting around the Homestead over and over to get collectibles and do objectives was infuriating.
    I dropped out of Assassin's Creed during AC: Revelations, because that one was just so damn boring. AC, COD... I'm getting tired of game-every-year franchises. At least back when GTA was releasing a game every year, they were different enough to be entertaining.
    I dropped out of Assassin's Creed during AC: Revelations, because that one was just so damn boring. AC, COD... I'm getting tired of game-every-year franchises. At least back when GTA was releasing a game every year, they were different enough to be entertaining.

Yeah, and the only reason I think GTA stopped doing that was because they had a minor dip in quality (both of the "Stories" entries, and I would even say IV was a bit of a rush, only two years on from VCS) and realized they needed to have a year, two year, even three year gap between the games in order to make the best possible product. Plus, in the interim, they've given us what may possibly be the best game ever made (Red Dead) and a wholly respectable noir detective game. Now GTA V is out in a few weeks and it looks like it could unseat Red Dead. R* are nothing if not devoted to making quality games over making a bigger profit by releasing another game every year.

You look at AC and COD, and it's almost depressing. COD hasn't had a good game, not even a bad game - they've all been garbage - since Modern Warfare, and Ace Combat, who reached into the stratosphere with Shattered Skies, have since gone downhill with each subsequent release.
    'Call of Duty: Ghosts' multiplayer trailer reveal:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15820-Call-of-Duty--Ghosts-Multiplayer-Details-and-Special-Editions-in-Brief-with-New-Trailer.html

Looks exactly as you'd expect. I had it reserved because I like to beat each CoD campaign on Veteran, but at this point, I'm buying an Xbox One, five XB1 games (including that), and a Play-and-Charge Kit. I'm going to cancel my reserve and put the money on a different game. Save me some cash.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A month late, but here's the Summer teaser for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment:

http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/index.php?rub=media&vid_name=summerteaser
    Creasy47 wrote:

How long can we keep getting the same COD before Activision decides to change something around?
    @Agent007391, as long as it continues to make money. I stated on a game forum earlier today that it's funny how so many people seem to have valid complaints about an upcoming Call of Duty, yet each CoD seems to make more than its predecessor.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, as long as it continues to make money. I stated on a game forum earlier today that it's funny how so many people seem to have valid complaints about an upcoming Call of Duty, yet each CoD seems to make more than its predecessor.

I attribute that to outrageous COD fans buying multiple copies and giving them to their friends for free. Hell, the only reason I have MW3 is because I got it for Christmas.
    @Agent007391, that's how I am with BO2: Christmas gift from the girlfriend, gave it a few rounds online, beat the campaign on Veteran, and I rid myself of it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A month late, but here's the Summer teaser for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment:

http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/index.php?rub=media&vid_name=summerteaser

That looks great! I will definitely have to get Testament sometime and then play this, as I feel I am missing out on some great Holmes games!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,925
    That looks great! I will definitely have to get Testament sometime and then play this, as I feel I am missing out on some great Holmes games!

In the meantime, i've dipped my toe into Lake Sherlock, with the 5 feature length Brett:Holmes episodes. I've seen the first 4: The Hound Of The Baskervilles, The Sign Of Four, The Master Blackmailer and The Last Vampyre. And though i've got one more left, i'm giving serious consideration to buying the complete collection.

Having witnessed Brett in action with my own eyes, I can see now that 'Testament...' Holmes' appearance is modelled on Jeremy Brett.

In the meantime, i've dipped my toe into Lake Sherlock, with the 5 feature length Brett:Holmes episodes. I've seen the first 4: The Hound Of The Baskervilles, The Sign Of Four, The Master Blackmailer and The Last Vampyre. And though i've got one more left, i'm giving serious consideration to buying the complete collection.

Having witnessed Brett in action with my own eyes, I can see now that 'Testament...' Holmes' appearance is modelled on Jeremy Brett.

For a Victorian Holmes adaption, you will find no finer than the Granada series featuring Brett as Holmes. Words can't aptly describe his brilliance.