Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    And I am guessing this game takes place post-Conviction, even though Sam looks younger than in the last game and the voice actor doesn't have the voice to fit him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 40,492
    And I am guessing this game takes place post-Conviction, even though Sam looks younger than in the last game and the voice actor doesn't have the voice to fit him.

It already throws me off that Ironside isn't the voice I've grown to expect from Fisher's mouth, but yes, he does look younger than Sam in 'Conviction.' Makes me curious as to what route they're taking - prequel or sequel - as I know nothing about the game, really. Couple of gameplay bits and the video you posted earlier, and that's it.

Is anyone planning on purchasing 'Dead Island: Riptide' this upcoming week?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

It already throws me off that Ironside isn't the voice I've grown to expect from Fisher's mouth, but yes, he does look younger than Sam in 'Conviction.' Makes me curious as to what route they're taking - prequel or sequel - as I know nothing about the game, really. Couple of gameplay bits and the video you posted earlier, and that's it.

Is anyone planning on purchasing 'Dead Island: Riptide' this upcoming week?

Is that a Dead Island sequel already?
    Yeah. Pretty much exact same everything, with a new island, weapons, etc. - exactly like CoD, if you will. But, they're pricing it at $50 because of the upcoming new console releases. I heard someone at GameStop say that two weeks after its release, though, it will be re-priced to $60. Seems less of "because of upcoming games" - given games like AC:BF and GTA V will be $60 - and more of "We know it's come out shortly after the initial DI, so we'll give it a new reason for being cheaper and make you want to purchase it."

I loved DI, sans glitches that made me not complete the game until months later on a new console because of deleted saves. It was great hack-and-slash fun, and I'm looking forward to this one come Tuesday.
    Three new character videos from 'GTA V':

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14784-Your-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Michael--Franklin--Trevor-Trailers-Are-Here-.html

Call of Duty Website teases reveal, poorly hidden title appearing (rumored) to be 'Call of Duty: Ghosts,' which is also rumored to be the first next-gen CoD:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14777-Call-of-Duty-Website-Teases-Ghosts-Reveal.html
    According to the xbox live homepage marketplace thingy, the new xbox is being revealed on the 21st of May.
    @thelivingroyale, I'm really excited for that date just to find out if the Xbox really is going to be a miserable piece of junk or not. Always online, no used games, updated achievement system that sounds like a bigger moneymaker for achievement whores such as myself. I'm already eyeballing the PS4 just for these reasons. Free online again with a full PS catalogue? Okay!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, I'm really excited for that date just to find out if the Xbox really is going to be a miserable piece of junk or not. Always online, no used games, updated achievement system that sounds like a bigger moneymaker for achievement whores such as myself. I'm already eyeballing the PS4 just for these reasons. Free online again with a full PS catalogue? Okay!

The NeXtBox will be a piece of sh*t. Of this, I'm sure.
    Those GTA 5 trailers look great. Here they are, all compiled together so you don't have to wait for stupid ads to play for each one:

On the topic of the PS4, will it be compatible with the PS3's games?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    On the topic of the PS4, will it be compatible with the PS3's games?

From what I have heard, no.
    What I don't get is how GTA V looks so good, yet it's not coming to PC or next-gen consoles. Why doesn't Rockstar go ahead and port them? What a bad idea on their part. Almost May, and I'm still not interested in the game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What I don't get is how GTA V looks so good, yet it's not coming to PC or next-gen consoles. Why doesn't Rockstar go ahead and port them? What a bad idea on their part. Almost May, and I'm still not interested in the game.

Who says they won't? GTA games always come out for consoles before PCs, anyway, and next-gen versions may be announced after the consoles arrive.
    @Agent007391, someone at Take-Two hinted at it not coming to next-gen consoles, but he could have meant immediately. I wonder why they're doing a petition for the game on PC, then. I had no idea that's how the console/PC version worked. One can only hope if they do release it on PC months down the road, then they do the same with the new consoles. I just don't want to save money for a new console and next-gen games, but put $60+ dollars on GTA V when I'll only get to play it for a month or so, if it ends up peaking my interests.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Can't f***ing wait!!!
    @marketto007, why's that? Personally, I find it laughable that they tell me to pre-order it now when I know absolutely nothing about the game.
    It's the new CALL OF DUTY game @Creasy47. :)
    It's the new CALL OF DUTY game @Creasy47. :)

Meet the new COD, same as the old COD.
    haha, something like that.
    New engine? Same terrible gameplay, I'm sure. Everything about it needs a complete overhaul, or they should just go back to the days of CoD2/3/4/WAW.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Graphics might've been improved but I'm sure the gameplay will be the same.

After all the talk of change (and me needing games for my Wii U), I bought Black Ops 2 at full price and I regretted it.

I'll probably play Ghosts at some point when it's cheaper but I'm not shelling out £40 for it, especially with Assassin's Creed, FIFA and Zelda all coming out around that time.
    COD... COD never changes. (Read that in Ron Perlman's voice.)
    COD... COD never changes. (Read that in Ron Perlman's voice.)

I immediately did. Thank you for that!

If it delivers this 100% different, new experience, then I may check out 'Ghosts,' but it's going to take a lot of persuasion on their part. They're showing it live at the new Xbox reveal, so we'll find out in just a few weeks time. I'd like to see them open up the reveal with what most of the people wonder about: MP, not SP. Granted, I always seem to enjoy the CoD SP in one way or another, but they always pick some random level and try to highlight perks that may not be seen in the rest of the game.
    @DCisared, awesome. Those details sound so amazing that I think I'll have to put aside my loathing of playing as numerous characters and give it a try. I just hope they do end up making it a release title for new consoles. I'm not shelling out $60 so soon before the console's release, whatever I do decide to purchase.
    This is cool news. I love all the customization functions and the ability to switch characters at any time. And a map 5 times the size of Red Dead, which was their biggest map yet? WOW.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DCisared, awesome. Those details sound so amazing that I think I'll have to put aside my loathing of playing as numerous characters and give it a try.

What's wrong with playing as multiple characters? GTAIV's three main characters were all decent (though I prefer Niko the most, and just plain hate Luis).
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DCisared, awesome. Those details sound so amazing that I think I'll have to put aside my loathing of playing as numerous characters and give it a try.

What's wrong with playing as multiple characters? GTAIV's three main characters were all decent (though I prefer Niko the most, and just plain hate Luis).

I love Niko. Why don't you like Luis?
    He was just... Well, kinda stupid. He didn't have the stakes in the story that Niko or Johnny did, because they actually had a cause other than their homosexual Robert Downey Jr. look-alike friend.
    He was just... Well, kinda stupid. He didn't have the stakes in the story that Niko or Johnny did, because they actually had a cause other than their homosexual Robert Downey Jr. look-alike friend.
    I can see your point. It would be difficult to even come close to matching the depth and complexity Niko had.
    @Agent007391, as DLC, it works, but what I've come to love in the GTA games is going from a nobody to the biggest man in the city in one immense storyline in a giant city. I feel like I won't have as big a connection to it all when I'm playing as three.