Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Two new Dishonoured add on's will have you playing as Micheal Madsen's character (the only guy I spared, simply because, y'know, Micheal Madsen), before and during the events of the main game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/22/4135352/dishonoreds-the-knife-of-dunwall-tells-the-tortured-tale-of-a-master-assassin

I would save him too, if only because I like my ears attached to my head, thank you very much.
    http://batman-news.com/2013/03/22/injustice-gods-among-us-harley-quinn-trailer-video/

Am i the only one who relizes Injustice is set within the Arkham universe. there were rumors Arkham 3 would include the Justice league and in my opnion it feels like this is Arkham 3. even references Joker dieing and coming back in this trailer.
    Guys!
    The main question , which I haven't seen anyone put forward!

Who's gonna buy a Ps4 or Xbox 720 ?
    I am considering the PS4.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited March 2013 Posts: 784
    if I but a console it will be a PS4...but I guess my new Metal Gear Games are gonna be on PS3.
    Huh ?
    Hideo Kojima (considering your avatar and immediate mention of Mgs, you should be knowing who I talk about ;) ) mentioned he liked the PS4 , If I recall correctly.

I'll go with PS either ways being a huge PS fan , since its inception.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'll be going with the PS4. The NeXtBox has too much sh*t stacked against it.
    I am going for neither untill I have to upgrade to get the latest Batman or Bond game
    Uhm... Bond games suck hard anyway, I don't think you should base your judgement on that. There are very very few Bond games that stand out.

The only reason I'll be interested in Ps4 is Killzone Shadowfall.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited March 2013 Posts: 784
    Skyfail wrote:
    Huh ?
    Hideo Kojima (considering your avatar and immediate mention of Mgs, you should be knowing who I talk about ;) ) mentioned he liked the PS4 , If I recall correctly.

I'll go with PS either ways being a huge PS fan , since its inception.

? if I buy a console it will be a PS4. Rumors have it that the new MGS games will be released on PS3 (so technically I might not have to upgrade)....I personally think the Fox Engine in the Ground Zeroes trailer is utilizing the PS4, but that is just me.
    Skyfail wrote:
    Uhm... Bond games suck hard anyway, I don't think you should base your judgement on that. There are very very few Bond games that stand out.

The only reason I'll be interested in Ps4 is Killzone Shadowfall.

See I am not a big gamer apart from Bond Batman and espionage games.

Alpha Protocol for example or Blood Stone or Batman Arkham City.

I only got a 360 for Splinter Cell Conviction and Batman Arkham Asylum and wound up getting other games for it the same will be true for the next gen counsals untill then I like my 360 and see no reason to trade uo actually it stopped working so I am playing PS2 for the time being will get a new 360 this summer
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I love the look of this new game, thanks @thelivingroyale.

Meanwhile I have ordered Tomb Raider for £25. Can't wait to see what it's like.
    @Samuel001 No problem. It's definetly promising, and I love the setting.

So far this has intrested me much more than Assassin Creed 3's America f**k yeah marketing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AC4 looks epic. My friend will love the whole pirate idea of it all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What are your thoughts on 'Battlefield 4'? It looks great, but I'll probably wait to reserve it on a next-gen console.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What are your thoughts on 'Battlefield 4'?

Meh. Graphics are really good but it's same old same old. Generic military soldiers go into a middle eastern country and fight some russians, complete with slow motion first person set piece cutscenes where you lose control of the game. Might buy it for the multiplayer though, that's always fun.
    @thelivingroyale, that sounds original and fresh to me!

In all seriousness, I've only seen bits and pieces of it; still haven't watched the full video since getting my Internet back. It does look like it's the same old same old, with the graphics looking like regular (yet amazing) beefed-up PC graphics. We'll see how they check out on the next-gen consoles.

I, for one, know I'll be purchasing it and the Season Pass on day one. I regret not doing so last time for 'Battlefield 3.'
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/78226/assassins-creed-4-whats-in-store-for-the-present-day

Y'know what, I don't give a toss anymore. Danny Wallace is funny and Kristen Bell is hot but I never really cared much about the modern day stuff anyway.

It felt like they were trying to think of a reason to have us jump off buildings, stab people and hang out with historical figures when we didn't need one.

It still could've been a cool idea if done right but Desmond was one of the most blandest and generic characters of all time. The space jesus stuff was a cool twist at the end of Assassins Creed 2 but then it just got too convoluted and boring.

Assassins Creed 3's ending didn't disappoint me because it ended Desmonds story in an anti climatic way (I was just happy to see him die), it disappointed me because it meant more modern day stuff.

So this is great news imo. If we're just playing as some randomer then there should be less modern day stuff (maybe even all cut scenes, making it entirely skippable?), which is good.

I want to play as a pirate assassin who looks like Kurt Kobain. I don't want the game to drag me away from that to play as some bland 21st century bartender. This is a step in the right direction but why not just ditch the modern day stuff entirely? Nobody plays it for that anyway.
    @thelivingroyale, that's how I feel. Keep me in one pair of shoes. No more modern day stuff, and certainly no more 'playing as numerous characters in a close time frame' stuff, like Connor and his father in AC3. Just let me play as one badass throughout the entirety of the game.

After disliking AC3, I doubt I'll pick this one up. The gameplay for AC3 had me so excited to check it out, yet I was so disappointed when I picked it up on release day.
    I liked playing as Connors dad. I thought he was a very good character and the plot twist was brilliant. I liked how they tried to make it less black and white when it came to Assassins vs the bad guys and I liked how the men you recruited as Haytham became targets when you played as Connor.

I got everything I expected out of AC 3, gameplay wise. I was just disappointed in Connor, the story and the side content (except the boat missions, surprisingly the best bit of the game).
    I have to say, Bioshock Infinite was one of the best games I have ever played, but one thing I cannot decide, Which one had the better:
    Plot Twist

was it Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite, both were pretty awesome, and the games were just as good as the story. What do you guys think was the better
    Plot Twist
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/05/microsoft-response-to-always-online-xbox-rumours-is-dealwithit-3584410/

If this is true then ps4 wins already. Nobody will like the idea of an always online xbox and the new Wii won't outsell the new Playstation.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    A permanent Internet connection for a console? To put it nicely, that's risky.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/05/microsoft-response-to-always-online-xbox-rumours-is-dealwithit-3584410/

If this is true then ps4 wins already. Nobody will like the idea of an always online xbox and the new Wii won't outsell the new Playstation.

The die-hard Xbox fanboys, who can't think of ever playing anything on a Sony console (and God forbid they ever consider looking at a Nintendo) will probably still get the 720/NeXtBox/Xbox 3/Durango, and they'll probably applaud this decision, for the same reason that stupid Adam Orth guy did. They'll probably give the exact same damn response. Now, this article:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14555-Microsoft-Creative-Director-Defends-Always-Online-Tech-Following-Latest-Xbox-720-Rumours-[Updated].html

states that MicroShaft responded to him in this way:
    MicroShaft wrote:
    “We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter.”

which tells me that it may just be something they're still considering, or that they're waiting until whenever the hell their console reveal (which was, I thought, supposed to be this month, though it may now be May) to answer the rumors.
    I favor the Xbox over the PlayStation, but I will absolutely be purchasing a PS4 if this news is true. I read an article weeks ago that stated out of 75 million Xbox 360's that were sold, 40 million were activated with an Xbox Live account. So, does this mean that Microsoft is really going to lose 35 million (give or take) users over such an option?

If they do go down this route - which, with the way everything has been worded thus far, seems true - then they have lost a lot of loyal customers, and this will show in the PS4 sales. Especially me.
    Bad move by Microsoft, but the more people that finally see that the PS3 is supreme, the better.

So, does all this mean that even if you are only playing a game's single player campaign you still need an internet connection even though you aren't going to use the multiplayer function it may have?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I think it literally means that your console always has to be online when it's on, no matter what you're doing. Which is a shame, really, because if you're playing a game that is single player only and your internet goes out, you can say goodbye to your current save data. Hope you backed up those ten straight hours of game time!

As for the 360 vs. PS3 debate, I've used and enjoyed both, but I favor the 360. Each system has its own perks. The 360: It was easier for me to integrate my iPod with, it has private and party chat (which just kills enjoyment on the PS3 for me), the achievements pop up faster, and the whole interface is a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. The PS3: Free online (amazing) with a lot more things to download.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i05Zei--DRo?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i05Zei--DRo?hl=en_US&version=3"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    edited April 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I think it literally means that your console always has to be online when it's on, no matter what you're doing. Which is a shame, really, because if you're playing a game that is single player only and your internet goes out, you can say goodbye to your current save data. Hope you backed up those ten straight hours of game time!

You'd hope in this day and age of near universal auto-saving that this wouldn't be too much of a problem. This is simply MicroShaft's way of punishing people who play single player more than multiplayer.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As for the 360 vs. PS3 debate, I've used and enjoyed both, but I favor the 360. Each system has its own perks. The 360: It was easier for me to integrate my iPod with, it has private and party chat (which just kills enjoyment on the PS3 for me), the achievements pop up faster, and the whole interface is a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. The PS3: Free online (amazing) with a lot more things to download.

The 360 (a MicroShaft product) has easy integration with an iPod (an Apple product)? That amazes me. I don't do chatting very often on the PS3, so I'll take your word for it on the private/party chat thing. Trophies only pop up slowly for me on HD remasters (especially on the Zone of the Enders HD Collection), whereas I was playing Star Wars The Force Unleashed on the 360 and the Achievement for taking down the star destroyer with the Force didn't actually come up until the middle of the next level (this is the only time this has happened, though it happened on two different accounts). I don't have much problem with either interface, so how is the 360's cleaner or easier to navigate? If I was more of an online player, the PS3 would win me over solely with free online, though I only ever actually download demos, most of the time.

EDIT: I slipped over to 360Achievements.org a second ago and found this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14566-Report--Next-Xbox-Announcement-Coming-in-May--Will-Cost-$500.html

I don't know if any of this stuff will come to fruition, but the always-online tech will be implemented, it will simply be called "Xbox" (real f*cking original, MicroShaft, why don't you just call it the "Windows 8 Console"?), and MicroShaft will be selling a new model of 360 alongside it, called the "Stingray".