Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've heard rumors that there will be two PS4's available at launch: a $429 and $529 version. Does anyone remember if places such as GameStop had great trade in deals in terms of trading your current-gen systems in for the next one? I really don't remember what I did all those years ago.

I have so many things to take into consideration: capabilities of the system, friend interaction, launch titles, price, etc. Some things will outweigh the others, so we'll see in due time, I suppose. Now it's Microsoft's turn to unveil things, which I'm guessing they may do at E3.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I like the look of the PS4 so far though may have to wait a year at least until I'm able to buy one. I'm interested.

So what can Microsoft do and what will become of the Wii U? I'm eager to find out.
    Any idea why they revealed no price information, release date, console specs, or even the look of the console? All of that was the majority of what I was expecting. The graphics do look amazing on a good bit of these games. I just want a competent system that isn't priced too high that will give me quite a few grand looking release titles to enjoy.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I suppose for those who don't like what's been given so far, if we also got a price people may say "all that for XXX?! No thanks!"

It could be to have more tricks up their sleeve for a later date.

Whilst Microsoft lift the lid on the new XBox, Sony will make the PS4 playable at E3 while showing it off. That's what I reckon will happen.
    @Samuel001, that's a very good way of looking at it: they have unveiled the controller and a few games, and will wait for Microsoft's turn. Whether they take that before, during, or after E3 or not, Sony has still confirmed the existence of the PS4 while still holding on to a grand chunk of information.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Ali wrote:
    This has me very nervous. Worst off we might get a prequel and not a continuation from Arkham City's big bang, and Rocksteady might not be developing the title.

Maybe Rocksteady could do Bond.....

no they are doing Arkham 4

at least acccording to the rumors

Arkham 3, actually.
    DCisared wrote:
    Erghhh they didn't show us the console, no price either. It seems more of the same from Sony only prettier. Watch dogs and infamous got me excited thou.

I was impressed with what I saw for sure, and Sony at least dedicates their focus foremost on the games, while Microsoft focuses on gimmicks and the like more often than not. Their entire E3 shows for the last few years are growing less and less about the games, while Sony has been dedicated to fighting for games from the start, so I am happy with them for that above all.

Did they show Watchdogs by the way? I only saw a few (Infamous and Killzone) because the stream I was watching was lagging badly and I just shut it off.

Actually according to more recent Rumors WB Montreal (the group behind the Arkham City Wii U port) is doing Arkham 3 with Rocksteady doing a 4th arkham game due out in 2014/15

of course it's all rumor till proven true
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    what will become of the Wii U?

That seems to have been a bit of a failure, especially compared to the Wii (everyone wanted one of those when it came out). I honestly don't know a single person who's bought it and I haven't seen it advertised on TV at all.

Has it sold well?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I wonder if the PS4 will be able to play PS3 games? That would be a dream! I will have to wait a while before I even consider getting the new PlayStation anyway, and I hope Uncharted 4 isn't announced for a while. I couldn't stand not being able to play it!!!
  • I know the Wii wasn't very popular but at least it could play gamecube games (although I had a ps2 anyway so pretty useless to me). Xbox could play a certain few but not that many and ps3 couldn't play ps2 games at all.
    I wonder if the PS4 will be able to play PS3 games? That would be a dream! I will have to wait a while before I even consider getting the new PlayStation anyway, and I hope Uncharted 4 isn't announced for a while. I couldn't stand not being able to play it!!!

With your luck, it would magically become a PS4 launch title. ;)

In an interesting note, 'Destiny' - Bungie's next project - will be released on the PS4, so it appears they're branching away from the console exclusive days of 'Halo.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

With your luck, it would magically become a PS4 launch title. ;)

In an interesting note, 'Destiny' - Bungie's next project - will be released on the PS4, so it appears they're branching away from the console exclusive days of 'Halo.'

Uncharted 4 will no doubt be a PS4 title. Think about the money ND and Sony will score on that move.
    Thinking about it now, I might actually get a Wii U.

Like I said, all the series' I really care about are multi platform, the Wii U is out already, I like the idea of being able to play it while my fiance watches the soaps or something else that's crap, and it'll eventually have Zelda.

Yeah f**k it I'll get a Wii U.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I know, I was stating that with your luck, it will be a launch title, since you don't plan on getting the new console for quite some time after its release.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I know, I was stating that with your luck, it will be a launch title, since you don't plan on getting the new console for quite some time after its release.

Oh. Yes, sadly. :(
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, no worries. All in due time! It'll be out before you know it.
    Well I was scouring the internet for stuff about the Wii U to see if it's worth it's current price (230 quid I think), and look what I found.

I've made my mind up. I'm getting a Wii U. Screw ps4 and xbox.
    Based off of reports, it looks like Microsoft will unveil the new Xbox in April. But, this is the same report that states they were totally taken 'off-guard' with Sony's unveiling just a few days ago - even though it was reported a month previously that they would be showing off the PS4 on February 20th. Who knows.

Again, time will tell. They should have nothing to worry about if they've made the best possible console.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Something tells me that they were taken 'off-guard' by the features the PS4 is purported to contain.
    I had some spare cash lying around because I sold some old drums and a parachute on Ebay.

So when I went to Tesco to do some shopping I bought a Wii U along with Black Ops 2 and Zombi U. Haven't played it yet, hope it's worth it.
    Well, this is strange. I turned on my PS3 just now (I am home from campus) and was about to put on Sleeping Dogs when it said I had a message. I check it, and apparently it is Sony sending me a voucher for $10 in the PlayStation store because I am a "loyal customer and fan". Naturally, I thought this was a scam, but I clicked on the message, and the store popped up with the redeem code already entered, and I actually have the $10 added on to my amount! Unbelievable.
  • http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/saints-row-4-could-come-as-soon-as-august

Terrible idea. For one thing it's been less than 2 years since Saints Row 3 (which was fun but was pretty poor tech wise anyway, there were moments where the city would just be deserted), so the game might be rushed.

And then there's the buisness side of things. August is just a few months away and there's been no advertising for the game at all. And GTA 5 is being released just a few weeks afterwards.

If this is true, then the award for the worst buisness decision of 2013 goes too....
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Interesting specs for the PS4.......I am assuming then that the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes demo/video on the Fox Engine was using this system.
    Interesting specs for the PS4.......I am assuming then that the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes demo/video on the Fox Engine was using this system.
    That's what I feel. And when I first saw Watch Dogs on E3 footage I thought it was way too gorgeous even for this gen, and it looks like I was right. I wonder how long Sony have had the system being developed and having the developers work with it? Seems to be quite a bit.

Well, this is strange. I turned on my PS3 just now (I am home from campus) and was about to put on Sleeping Dogs when it said I had a message. I check it, and apparently it is Sony sending me a voucher for $10 in the PlayStation store because I am a "loyal customer and fan". Naturally, I thought this was a scam, but I clicked on the message, and the store popped up with the redeem code already entered, and I actually have the $10 added on to my amount! Unbelievable.

Very cool. Microsoft dished out a free month of XBL to all users because their Cloud Storage was down. You should see the birthday gift they give everyone: 20 Microsoft Points, which equals out to around $.90 to $1.00 to spend on something. Such a joke.

As for 'Watch Dogs,' I was very impressed with the graphics. I can't wait to play it.
  • Anyone else joining me in camp Wii U or are you all getting the Ps4 or the new Xbox?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll be getting a PS4, but not straight away.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I'll be getting a PS4, but not straight away.

Yes, same here, hopefully.
    I just can't choose which I'll opt for when I know barely anything about either console.
    I probably bought the Wii U a bit prematurely but I thought since I had the money I may as well go for it.

Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll end up selling it and getting one of the others. That's what happened last time. Speaking of the Wii U

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/02/watch-dogs-wii-u-box-art/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Hideo Kojima already stated that the Ground Zeroes video was running on a PC with PS3 specs, and that Ground Zeroes will be on the PS3/360/PC. I'm wondering a little more about The Phantom Pain.