Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's quite funny really. Everyone shouts "where's the release date?!", we finally get the date and everyone complains.
    And with good reason. They said Spring 2013 and then they announce the proper release date and it's coming out in September. It's not about being impatient, it's about them lying.
    [/quote]

It was only a target and something we, the public, thought would happen. An official date was never announced. If they delay it from September, I can see your point.
  • Ok then it's not Rockstars fault. It's HMV, Game, etcs fault for having big pre order cut outs saying "coming Spring 2013" on them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm just not excited for 'GTA V.' I haven't been before or after this release date announcement.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Yeah, I think the whole "Spring 2013" release date wasn't even from Rockstar, so I am not mad at them. More likely it is from stupid distributors who spread the wrong information or lied to get hype going.

Either way, after constantly playing Sleeping Dogs and liking it more than GTA IV in many respects, V will have to really impress me.

For Sleeping Dogs to be so popular all developed by a rookie in many respects like United Front Games is great. The combat alone is the best in any open world sandbox title, and Rockstar have horrible fighting mechanics in their games. The driving is great in SD, not like the ice driving in GTA. They have a lot to live up to in GTA V, that's for sure.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,471
    Sony just released this site and video: on February 20th, they're holding a special meeting. Might it be the unveiling of the new PlayStation console?

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Sony just released this site and video: on February 20th, they're holding a special meeting. Might it be the unveiling of the new PlayStation console?

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
    I can't think of anything else that could be worth all this hoobla. It'll probably be announced that they had the Bond licence. Har har har.

PS4, I guess here you come. Maybe they will name off launch titles too?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, perhaps. Some of them are more obvious, it seems: 'Modern Warfare 4,' 'Battlefield 4,' possibly 'GTA V,' though Rockstar has denied that one, and tons of other sequels and whatnot. Time will tell. In all honesty, I've no problem getting a PlayStation 4 if they just manage to add private/party chat and clean up the interface a little bit.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, perhaps. Some of them are more obvious, it seems: 'Modern Warfare 4,' 'Battlefield 4,' possibly 'GTA V,' though Rockstar has denied that one, and tons of other sequels and whatnot. Time will tell. In all honesty, I've no problem getting a PlayStation 4 if they just manage to add private/party chat and clean up the interface a little bit.
    Uncharted 4.
    [-O<
    You still have 'The Last Of Us' to look forward to. I'm quite jealous.

Not an Arkham game but still Conroy as Batman decent story (with suoerman as the villian) yeah this looks good
    I thought GTA 5 was supposed to be the swansong of this generation of consoles in terms of being the last truly great game released exclusive on this generation of consoles. Like Resident evil 4 and God of war 2 where for the last generation.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'm excited for GTA V because they've bought back the fun and humour that GTA IV got rid of. IV was good but it was grey and depressing, the new one looks colourful and fun.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You still have 'The Last Of Us' to look forward to. I'm quite jealous.
    Eh...if I get it. I am not excited for it in the slightest really. There's not really been anything to make me so.
    I'm excited for GTA V because they've bought back the fun and humour that GTA IV got rid of. IV was good but it was grey and depressing, the new one looks colourful and fun.

I think that's one thing many people hated that I loved: the seriousness of GTA IV. Granted, I won't mind having some insane fun in GTA V, but I'm sure I'll miss that realistic feel.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think that's one thing many people hated that I loved: the seriousness of GTA IV. Granted, I won't mind having some insane fun in GTA V, but I'm sure I'll miss that realistic feel.

GTA IV is the only one I have played, so it's all I know. I loved it too, as I like anything that is solemn and straight faced. GTA IV did have an aspect of craziness to it too, though. But GTA V seems to be completely off the rails. It does look like it could be a good time, though...

...if it ever comes out... :-\"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:

Not an Arkham game but still Conroy as Batman decent story (with suoerman as the villian) yeah this looks good

Anybody watch the Justice League cartoon back in 2001-2004? There was a two parter called "A Better World", in which the normal Justice League fought a parallel Justice League that took control of the world. This reminds me of that.
  • AliAli
    edited February 2013 Posts: 319
    More PS4 hype.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

mind you, after playing the Crysis 3 beta, I have to say I think it is time for new hardware. Of course, they could have made it run better by just turning down the detail and all the needless effects.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I liked IV but I missed the fun. Even the cheats were boring.
  • AliAli
    I still haven't finished IV! I got to the 3rd island and then they released the trophies patch, so I started again. I then got the 3rd island and.....got bored. And I had to transfer my save to a PS3 Slim after my original model gave up the ghost, and the trophies don't work now anyway as a result! I still want them to go back to Vice City. Still the standout moment in the series. It captured the 80s culture so well in parody, but with a degree of love for it as well, that it went beyond being a game.
    It worries me that they're placing such an emphasis on multiplayer - I don't want it to be forced.
    The generic, boring, dull, po faced, virgin that was Connor is not in the next Assassins Creed game. And it's not in America anymore. And Brazil might be the new setting.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-next-assassins-creed-will-feature-a-new-time-and-character/

Thank God. The 3rd one had a really good story but unlike the other games it didn't have an intresting lead to carry it. And the wilderness setting was nice but the cities were crap and the setting wasn't brilliant compared to Italy, Istanbul and The Holy Land.

Keep the gameplay of the 3rd one and set the game in Victorian England with a good lead character. Best game ever right there.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    After completing both Far Cry 3 and Dishonored recently, next I will play Assassin's Creed III. I'll let you know what I thought of it. Despite everyone saying it doesn't live up to the last games, it can't bad all bad.

Assassin's Creed IV for the PlayStation 4 sounds about right.
  • It's not really bad at all. In fact I thought it was really good and it has lots going for it.

I just really didn't like the main character and I didn't think it was as good as the games set in the 1500s.
    I finally managed to beat 'Assassin's Creed III' a month or two ago, and while it got better the further it went along, there were just a few things that culminated into me having a heavy distaste for it. The MP Wolfpack mode was great fun, though, and that's how I managed to leave the game on a good note.
  • AliAli
    I still haven't removed the shrink wrap on AC3! I figured I should finish Revelations first of all....which I keep finding excuses not to. I think I'm getting rather bored with the series.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ali wrote:
    I still haven't removed the shrink wrap on AC3! I figured I should finish Revelations first of all....which I keep finding excuses not to. I think I'm getting rather bored with the series.

I had the same feeling during Revelations. I'm waiting for the price to drop further, before I pick up a copy of AC3.
    Ali wrote:

Don't worry; I've had 'Dishonored' in the shrink wrap since October of last year.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    This has me very nervous. Worst off we might get a prequel and not a continuation from Arkham City's big bang, and Rocksteady might not be developing the title.