I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QBranch, I never knew that about TND/DAD! I'll get to those in my Bondathon soon enough, I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,936
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @QBranch, I never knew that about TND/DAD! I'll get to those in my Bondathon soon enough, I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
    The CGI missile in DAD looks realistic. That is not sarcasm!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I didn't know they had changed the missile from TND to DAD!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I didn't know they had changed the missile from TND to DAD!
    Yeah, it's not like they just recoloured the missile either. It's a different size and shape too.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    At least they apparently didn't mix up Soviet and U.S. rockets as they did in YOLT.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    The guys from JamesBondRadio said in one of their boxing day quiz (if you like a good quiz, that's for you!) that the rocket scene from DAD was old material shot for TND.
    Yep, it's a reused shot from TND. The missile has been altered.
  • I'm trying to remember the scene in DAD with a rocket.. Been too long. Which part is it in?
    Just after the Switchblade sequence, they attempt to hit Icarus, which 'swats it from the sky'.
  • Thanks, I'll be looking out for it next time!
    No worries, enjoy the film as I do!
    Never recognized until now the slowed down version of 'Ave Maria' playing when Pam and Professor Butcher are in his sanctuary bedroom.
    Never recognized until now the slowed down version of 'Ave Maria' playing when Pam and Professor Butcher are in his sanctuary bedroom.

First noticed that when watching the film some weeks ago!

It sounded more and more recognizable until I pieced a few notes together and realized that's definitely it. Love it!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Watching The Spy Who Loved Me made me wonder just how much close attention I give to these films. How many times have I seen this film, and yet.

1) For the first time I noticed it was Naomi who brings the professor and doctor in to say farewell to Stromberg, just prior to the death of Stromberg's assistant. I always thought her first appearance was when she greets Bond and Anya at the quayside.

2) At the Egyptian building site I hadn't noticed before that Bond glances at the rickety construction pole as Jaws is distracted by Anya holding a gun to him. So when Jaws swings the bar at him, Bond deliberately moves towards the pole knowing what will happen.

Why have I always missed obvious moments like these?
    NicNac wrote: »
    Watching The Spy Who Loved Me made me wonder just how much close attention I give to these films. How many times have I seen this film, and yet.

1) For the first time I noticed it was Naomi who brings the professor and doctor in to say farewell to Stromberg, just prior to the death of Stromberg's assistant. I always thought her first appearance was when she greets Bond and Anya at the quayside.

2) At the Egyptian building site I hadn't noticed before that Bond glances at the rickety construction pole as Jaws is distracted by Anya holding a gun to him. So when Jaws swings the bar at him, Bond deliberately moves towards the pole knowing what will happen.

That's how I felt with a few recent posts I made regarding the series - it's crazy, the things you still manage to stumble upon and realize after all these years and viewings.

It sounded more and more recognizable until I pieced a few notes together and realized that's definitely it. Love it!

Yes, it was a nice touch!

How could you not notice the delicious Caroline Munro the first time??
    It's one of those useless things I never realized, finally noticed, then forgot about again until now, but I like how the gala/party at Carver's CMGN in TND is made up to look so ritzy and elegant, but it's the same generic courtyard that Bond runs through later when he breaks into CMGN to investigate (the area where he sees Wai Lin walking down the wall).
    I never realised that a gun is pointed on Bond (through the same hole as the camera) when Bond walks around in Osatos office. ?! I read this today in a Bond book and was totally surprised and checked it afterwords on DVD. And the gun was really there...strange that I never saw it
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    barryt007 wrote: »
    thedove wrote: »
    Moore is usually sucking his cheeks in and pointing his lips when kissing a lady, so obviously just pretending, but not with Kristina Wayborn. He is really digging into her. Who can blame him?

Actually all the kissing in OP is rather passionate. When Roger forces himself on Octopussy she resists and the sounds they make when kissing show real passion. Course in this day and age you wouldn't get away with this type of scene. Though the staging is awkward. Adams goes through the doors, closes them and then walks into the middle of the room and just stands there. LOL! Then Roger comes in and spins her around and then the forced kiss and a lie into bed.

That’s Sir Roger !

Not to mention the dialogue is incomprehensible.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Mathis1 wrote: »

How could you not notice the delicious Caroline Munro the first time??

My head is hung in shame.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I never realised that a gun is pointed on Bond (through the same hole as the camera) when Bond walks around in Osatos office. ?! I read this today in a Bond book and was totally surprised and checked it afterwords on DVD. And the gun was really there...strange that I never saw it

I didn't either. I thought the point of the shot was just showing Bond was being kept an eye on.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart

It always bothers me that they don't have some typewriter keys that do nothing. When Bond stops walking, they all stop typing, and it's obvious what they're doing.

Why not have the home row do nothing but make noise...?

I didn't either. I thought the point of the shot was just showing Bond was being kept an eye on.

Good to know that I'm not the only one.

Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I haven't seen that either,can anyone put up a screen shot of it ?
    It's an upside-down Mauser, same gun Grant uses at the gypsy camp.
    Watching LTK right now and I noticed for the first time that they used (almost) the same snippet of film twice: during the fight in the barrelheadbar, Dario is hit twice, he falls to the floor and maybe is unconsious for a short time. When we see him next, he lays and looks around in the same way both times. The shoes on the left and the pieces of broken glass on the right are identical.

Maybe this is already a known “mistake“, but I never noticed this before.
    Watching LTK right now and I noticed for the first time that they used (almost) the same snippet of film twice: during the fight in the barrelheadbar, Dario is hit twice, he falls to the floor and maybe is unconsious for a short time. When we see him next, he lays and looks around in the same way both times. The shoes on the left and the pieces of broken glass on the right are identical.

You could consider that a mistake/goof, absolutely, and likely an editing error. It's akin to a moment during the FYEO bobsled sequence - we see each bobsled rider tap the back of the man in front of him, only different camera angles and shots make this moment happen three or four times in a row before finally, each man is turned around and observing Bond behind them.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Also in LTK, the same shot of Bond holding the lighter is used twice. When Felix and Della give it to Bond and he reads the inscription, and later on when he shows Sanchez before igniting him. You can see the box it came in both times.