I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    w2bond wrote: »
    Yes that's well documented but exciting to realise for the first time!

Oh i did not know that! And here i thought I knew every bit of Bond trivia there is. But thanks for confirming to me that i'm not crazy haha
    Univex wrote: »
    I love TMWTGG!
    Sorry, have to say it every time.

It's nothing to be sorry about! It's a great Bond adventure, and even Roger has his more coldhearted moments in this one (which is balanced out by some silliness, of course).

Edit: Roger also looked as Bondian as he could get in TMWTGG:
    james-bond-007-the-man-with-the-golden-gun-20090630065923257_640w.jpg

This is one of my favourite scenes in the entire series. Up there with Connery in blue trunks introducing himself to Jill, or Dalton confronting Pushkin.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,294
    Just finished watching FRWL, and this was the first time I've noticed that Bond never turns off the bath water before discovering Tatiana in his bed. I take it he didn't interrupt their bedroom activities to turn it off!

A rather minor detail I also noticed, was that the desk lamp on Moneypenny's desk is identical to the one beside the phone in the Venice hotel room at the end of the film. Saltzman and Broccoli saving money on set decorations, perhaps? :-D
    zebrafish wrote: »
    This might be familiar to many in the MI6-community, but I discovered only recently that the car chase in GE was a tribute to (or maybe a ripoff of) the 1974 movie "The Marseille Contract":

In any case, neither got the music quite right... ;-)

That is amazing and I have no doubt it was a tribute, seeing this chase. Michael Cane is as cool as can be. Will go and watch that movie.

Love the film because of that chase alone. Caine is one cool cat. And that Alfa Montreal is so sexy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 40,480
    Just finished watching FRWL, and this was the first time I've noticed that Bond never turns off the bath water before discovering Tatiana in his bed. I take it he didn't interrupt their bedroom activities to turn it off!

They should've had a mid-credits sequence where the hotel is bulldozed due to the flooding and eventual mold that Bond caused.

"The insurance company is NEVER going to believe this!"
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    00Agent wrote: »
    Lol i noticed something very crazy just now, watching LTK. I actually rewatched that scene 3 times because i thought I was halucinating.

In the final tanker chase when Bond is hanging on under the Tanker and Sanchez leans over to the other side of the car and shoots at Bond with his uzi, the Sound of the bullet ricochet is literally the first couple notes of the Bond theme... :)) wtf.

Looks like a case of Sound Designers having a too much fun at work.

I think this is also the case with Bond's Aston Martin V8 Vantage in The Living Daylights immediately after he missiles his way through the lorry.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

They should've had a mid-credits sequence where the hotel is bulldozed due to the flooding and eventual mold that Bond caused.

"The insurance company is NEVER going to believe this!"

Hahaha! Imagine that! :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

A rather minor detail I also noticed, was that the desk lamp on Moneypenny's desk is identical to the one beside the phone in the Venice hotel room at the end of the film. Saltzman and Broccoli saving money on set decorations, perhaps? :-D

Probably, but then again there are millions of identical lamps out there in the real world.

Probably, but then again there are millions of identical lamps out there in the real world.

Of course! Just found it a bit funny that the offices at MI6 uses the same lamps as a Venice hotel. :-)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    It's not a coincidence. It's a clever use of symbolism to suggest the possibility of romance for Bond is out there in Venice but also back home, with good old Moneypenny.

Or maybe they were just saving money.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    It's not a coincidence. It's a clever use of symbolism to suggest the possibility of romance for Bond is out there in Venice but also back home, with good old Moneypenny.

Or maybe they were just saving money.

Haha, maybe so! She and Bond shared a sort of a moment early on too :))

97f62a6df0aa2e6cbfc9d88005252c40.png
    Is she checking the quality of his new nose trimmer?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I do miss seeing Maxwell in the Bond films. She had a certain style. Always a highlight of the classics for me.
    Is she checking the quality of his new nose trimmer?

He's not coming home to my place unless he starts taking care of those nose hairs!
    bondjames wrote: »
    I do miss seeing Maxwell in the Bond films. She had a certain style. Always a highlight of the classics for me.

Definitely agree with this. There's something missing in the franchise since they started with other actresses for the role. The only one that comes even a little bit close is Samantha Bond, as she and Brosnan were hilarious together.

Definitely agree with this. There's something missing in the franchise since they started with other actresses for the role. The only one that comes even a little bit close is Samantha Bond, as she and Brosnan were hilarious together.
    I agree. While I'm not so much of a fan of Bond's interpretation, she did get the banter right with Broz and they are pretty cool together in their scenes (save for GE, where Pierce is nervous and stiff).

I agree. While I'm not so much of a fan of Bond's interpretation, she did get the banter right with Broz and they are pretty cool together in their scenes (save for GE, where Pierce is nervous and stiff).

Yes, they did have the required chemistry. As a controversial opinion, I also like the VR fantasy sequence in DAD!

Can't say I feel the same way about Craig and Harris unfortunately. One of the reasons being she was a field agent of the start of SF.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,883

Yes, they did have the required chemistry. As a controversial opinion, I also like the VR fantasy sequence in DAD!

Can't say I feel the same way about Craig and Harris unfortunately. One of the reasons being she was a field agent of the start of SF.
    I quite like the VR sequence too! It suits the film, which is a plethora of Austin Powers like moments after all. One has to be in the right mood for it.

The less said about Harris, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I quite like the VR sequence too! It suits the film, which is a plethora of Austin Powers like moments after all. One has to be in the right mood for it.

The less said about Harris, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, it's a film heavy with sci-fi-ish stuff, so that sequence doesn't feel wrong at all. We have VR now of course, so that makes it a little bit more believable now, sort of.

I don't mind Harris as Moneypenny really. I just wish she was a traditional one, and not a field agent responsible for shooting Bond. Just writing "Monepenny shooting Bond" feels so wrong. Imagine Maxwell MP doing that?!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Hate to be a bore gents, but this is the wrong thread for this.
    Cheers.
    Outside Goldfinger s hotel room in Miami is a picture that looks eerily similar to one on the wall in Bond s apartment in DN.
    Benny wrote: »
    Hate to be a bore gents, but this is the wrong thread for this.
    Cheers.

Sorry, @Benny! Back on topic!

Watching DN this afternoon, (I think) I discovered another example of interior being reused in two different locations in the same film. The black table just inside the door of Bond's and Ryder's room on Crab Key is the same type as the one Bond places two glasses of vodka on, at Miss Taro's place. Didn't look too closely, so I might be wrong.
    Never thought about the look Bond gives the tiger skin rug on the floor of Khan's palace before watching OP again tonight. The same tiger Bond says "sit!" to earlier in the film?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Never thought about the look Bond gives the tiger skin rug on the floor of Khan's palace before watching OP again tonight. The same tiger Bond says "sit!" to earlier in the film?

That was my take as well.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I think the look is just because Bond comes up with the idea to use the rug to distract the bad guys.
    echo wrote: »

That was my take as well.

Nice little detail if it is.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I think the look is just because Bond comes up with the idea to use the rug to distract the bad guys.

Yes, that's what I've always been thinking. This time around it occurred to me that it might be the same tiger.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just noticed watching FRWL that when Kleb visits Spectre Island she is taken on a tour of the training area by Morzeny and despite telling him that "her time is limited " he proceeds to walk her round the same area twice.
    It's obviously an editing decision to make the set appear bigger but it makes me chuckle at the thought of them just walking around in circles.
    The tiger look is just surprise as he lands next to it imo.

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,721
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Just noticed watching FRWL that when Kleb visits Spectre Island she is taken on a tour of the training area by Morzeny and despite telling him that "her time is limited " he proceeds to walk her round the same area twice.
    It's obviously an editing decision to make the set appear bigger but it makes me chuckle at the thought of them just walking around in circles.

I always notice it too now because they talk about this on the 'Inside FRWL' doco on the blu-Ray. (As well as the reverse motion of Klebb looking at the fish.)

It's a great example of Peter Hunt's editing skill and the masterful work he pulls out on that film particularly. His reconstruction of the first 20 minutes of the film in the editing suite is inspired and inspiring.
    barryt007 wrote: »

That might be why, of course. Quite like the tiger look though. It's a nice little detail.
    barryt007 wrote: »

That might be why, of course. Quite like the tiger look though. It's a nice little detail.

Knowing Sir Roger,he might have even ad-libbed it himself,just as Pierce did in TWINE as he adjusted his tie under the thames in the PTS,that wasn't in the script .