I've never noticed that before...

Comments

A couple of small details in GF I thought were interesting:

On the side of a building in the teaser sequence when Bond changes out of his scuba suit and puts in the boutonniere is an advertisement for Pepsi.

Another ad I noticed is in the pro shop, a 1964 events calendar advertising Slazenger products.

Obviously Bond's sweater and the golf balls are Slazenger. Don't know how the Pepsi connection came in. The company did sponsor The Incredible World of James Bond special that came out in '65.
    BT3366 wrote: »

On the side of a building in the teaser sequence when Bond changes out of his scuba suit and puts in the boutonniere is an advertisement for Pepsi.

Another ad I noticed is in the pro shop, a 1964 events calendar advertising Slazenger products.

Obviously Bond's sweater and the golf balls are Slazenger. Don't know how the Pepsi connection came in. The company did sponsor The Incredible World of James Bond special that came out in '65.

Interesting...I will look out for those next time.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    BT3366 wrote: »

Interesting...I will look out for those next time.

Also, Moneypenny has a BOAC calendar on her wall. As we know, BOAC has featured in many other Bond films from DN-TSWLM and even on the cover of TMWTGG Pan novel.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 386
    The female chinese agent in LTK is also the model in the title sequence?

If so, is that the first time its ever happened?
    Of course!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Of course!

...Mr. White!

*nods*
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Of course!

...Mr. White!

*nods*

:))
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Bond would like some stationary.
    missing_cr3656.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Has trouble finding it. But doesn't give up, apparently.
    What was the meaning of that line anyway?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's a funny line to get Fields into the bedroom. She digs it.

And it's stationery.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Many on here have professed fondness for that little post-action scene. It’s very funny. It did bother me in. 1981; I was 20 and hated that level of humor. But as I got older, I mellowed.

I have loved it forever.

The parrot benefits from more character development than anyone in SP. Admit it, a bird gave a better performance than C.
    Ahhh!!!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    echo wrote: »
    Many on here have professed fondness for that little post-action scene. It’s very funny. It did bother me in. 1981; I was 20 and hated that level of humor. But as I got older, I mellowed.

I have loved it forever.

The parrot benefits from more character development than anyone in SP. Admit it, a bird gave a better performance than C.

Hahahahahahaha
    Forgive me, fellow MI6ers, but I am slow on the uptake and have two observations from DAF that excited me last night.

First, one of the three goons Bond encounters in Vegas (“I didn’t know there was a pool there”) is Rodney, Scaramanga’s first victim in TMWTGG. I believe his name is Marc Lawrence?

Second, looking at the antics of Mr Wint, I thought to myself ‘that dude looks like George McFly’s dad’. Sure enough - he is! Bruce Glover, father of Crispin Glover. Holy ****!

Forgive me, fellow MI6ers, but I am slow on the uptake and have two observations from DAF that excited me last night.

First, one of the three goons Bond encounters in Vegas (“I didn’t know there was a pool there”) is Rodney, Scaramanga’s first victim in TMWTGG. I believe his name is Marc Lawrence?

Second, looking at the antics of Mr Wint, I thought to myself ‘that dude looks like George McFly’s dad’. Sure enough - he is! Bruce Glover, father of Crispin Glover. Holy ****!

Correct on both counts.
    Another one which had me laughing out loud - the “Don’t know? Ask.” poster in the command room of Blofeld’s oil rig.

Didn’t know he could be such a sensitive employer!

What a funny movie DAF is. Makes me laugh the hardest of all Bonds. Just one WTF scene after another. Connery’s entire performance is built on perpetual WTFery.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Revelator wrote: »
    Regarding the guard in FYEO--what he takes is the most sadistic option. Sure he could have quickly killed Bond. But to knock the pegs out one by one, with Bond watching in fear, is much nastier.

The Thatcher scene is good-humored but should have been left on the cutting room floor. It's a zombie intrusion of Moonraker humor. And Bond shouldn't interact with "real" politicians--beyond the political implications, it dates the film. In Fleming's Goldfinger we're told Bond meets the President, but we're spared reading about him trying to make conversation with Eisenhower!

Not to be nit picky...it would have been Lyndon B. Johnson as the President.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 2,895
    thedove wrote: »
    Not to be nit picky...it would have been Lyndon B. Johnson as the President.

In the film, yes, but I wrote "In Fleming's Goldfinger we're told Bond meets the President, but we're spared reading about him trying to make conversation with Eisenhower!"

In the film Bond was on his way to meet Johnson when his plane was hijacked. As far as we know, film Bond never met the President. That was probably for the best--God knows what a conversation between Connery Bond and Lyndon Johnson would have been like.
    Oh yes now I see! Sorry about that. I was thinking the same thing...A Texan and a Brit having a conversation. From what I have heard Johnson was rather crass! LOL!
    From what I have heard Johnson was rather crass!

Yes, there are stories of him whipping out his (apparently large) penis to impress people. I don't think Bond would have appreciated that.

LOL. Well this has been one of the out-there what if scenarios. Some fan fiction writer is probably hammering away at a keyboard right now.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I never noticed the resemblance before...

FRWLRosaKlebb241.jpg

Waltz.jpg

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oh yes now I see! Sorry about that. I was thinking the same thing...A Texan and a Brit having a conversation. From what I have heard Johnson was rather crass! LOL!

You mean Felix and Bond?
    No I didn't mean Felix and Bond. I was thinking of Bond meeting President Johnson. It makes me wish they had casted a Leiter more in line with the books.
    Daniela Bianca may not be the most attractive of the classic Bond Girls, and she may have had little acting experience, and her voice may have been dubbed, but she is damned perfect in that role. So much so that I don’t think I’ve really appreciated it before over all these years. She’s so natural for the part that I think many of us take her for granted. I guess you could say that about all of the iconic ‘60s Bond Girls (and I’d add most of the ones from the ‘70s, as well); the actresses meshed perfectly with their respective character.

Daniela Bianchi's Tatiana Romanova is one of my favourite Bond girls. She played that part perfectly. One of the more attractive Bond girls too, IMO!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Daniela Bianca may not be the most attractive of the classic Bond Girls, and she may have had little acting experience, and her voice may have been dubbed, but she is damned perfect in that role. So much so that I don’t think I’ve really appreciated it before over all these years. She’s so natural for the part that I think many of us take her for granted. I guess you could say that about all of the iconic ‘60s Bond Girls (and I’d add most of the ones from the ‘70s, as well); the actresses meshed perfectly with their respective character.

Daniela Bianchi's Tatiana Romanova is one of my favourite Bond girls. She played that part perfectly. One of the more attractive Bond girls too, IMO!
    I agree. Top five for me certainly.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    No I didn't mean Felix and Bond. I was thinking of Bond meeting President Johnson. It makes me wish they had casted a Leiter more in line with the books.
    Just pulling your leg. Would've been indeed interesting, allthough Jack Lord did come close.

Somehow it feels like actors had more acting talent, but perhaps that's also due to the pace of the films. We get more time to get to know them. For me, almost all actors in the early films embody thier roles completely, especially in the Young films.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Lol i noticed something very crazy just now, watching LTK. I actually rewatched that scene 3 times because i thought I was halucinating.

In the final tanker chase when Bond is hanging on under the Tanker and Sanchez leans over to the other side of the car and shoots at Bond with his uzi, the Sound of the bullet ricochet is literally the first couple notes of the Bond theme... :)) wtf.

Looks like a case of Sound Designers having a too much fun at work.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Yes that's well documented but exciting to realise for the first time!